Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-28, 07:38   Link #4761
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
care to enlighten? or is it a joke with tzurial?
The crying faces and the stretched face are purposely exaggerated into a dramatic "noo" to go along with the "very no". Like a pictorial hyperbole.

Quote:
is this better or worse than the first? and anything else to make it better?
MUCH better! Not too big anymore, the colors look brighter, the inner border matches better. The BG effect works, and actually makes it look like a sophisticated sig, rather than just a silly hentai picture cropped into a rectangle. But imo think the blue dotted lines could still go up a bit closer to the edges 9/10

AKS74u I like the last one better, the xenie one. Looks great for a beginner, but I think you should add more details to the background, maybe you could get an image, make it semi-transparent, or you could add brush effects, scanlines, or a yellow lined pattern, or a more colored gradient... There's a lot of room for anything you can think of 9/10
Old 2004-09-28, 07:43   Link #4762
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS74u
I made these sigs last night... and since i'm a lil of a noob it kinda took long... it took me atleast an hour to figure out how to make the shadows. I would appreciate any comments on em, and maybe a little bit of advice on what type of stuff I should add.

For those that are interrested, I created those 3 sigs for 2 friends and myself who play MMORPG's... we're currently waiting for EQ2, so I decided to make us sigs using the ragnarok models so that we could represent our classes untill we get some ingame screenshots of ourselfs ... plus it looks cool together we're a team.

P.S. the first one is my fav... I spent a lil bit more time on it... probably cause Grahf is my character
I agree, first one is the best. Probably because Grahf is more interesting then the others. It also stands out because it has a red border, and the others a black one. I think if you would sharpen the 2 back characters in the Grahf one, it would look a whole lot better. They're a bit blurry IMO. Very nice, simple sigs. The shadow adds alot. 8/10

aahhsin - Gambit is the best, and IMO the X-man with alot, if not the most potential...if he wouldn't be so lazy
A little too much purple though. 7/10
Old 2004-09-28, 09:22   Link #4763
X-1000
Banned

AKS74u Cool username... anyway, All the sig you created is nice. 8/10
Old 2004-09-28, 09:29   Link #4764
Necrodeath

Ambience Blue - Looking good. I really like the subtle blue glow on the wings. Good use of transparancy and stuff too. I guess the text would look better centered, but then it would go over the girl, which would make it look bad again...so good choice on text placement
Not really liking the font, but it fits. The only really minus in your sig is the somewhat jaggyness of the top of her head (where it goes transparent).
And yes people, I checked with Vbulletin Style, and it's no fake transparency
8.5/10
Old 2004-09-28, 13:41   Link #4765
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
PriestessKikyo - Kanon? 8/10
Old 2004-09-28, 13:51   Link #4766
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Sakura-chan I don't especialy hate those kinda weird canvas shapes, so its good. 8.4/10 I think the shape makes it a bit too small though.

I know my sig is weird so no comment please I just like it the way it is. ^^
Old 2004-09-28, 15:04   Link #4767
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS74u
I made these sigs last night... and since i'm a lil of a noob it kinda took long... it took me atleast an hour to figure out how to make the shadows. I would appreciate any comments on em, and maybe a little bit of advice on what type of stuff I should add.

For those that are interrested, I created those 3 sigs for 2 friends and myself who play MMORPG's... we're currently waiting for EQ2, so I decided to make us sigs using the ragnarok models so that we could represent our classes untill we get some ingame screenshots of ourselfs ... plus it looks cool together we're a team.

P.S. the first one is my fav... I spent a lil bit more time on it... probably cause Grahf is my character
sweet. what server do you play on?

well, i guess because of the manual- shadow adding, you deserve... mm~ a 9.5/10. (for the first)

and did i mention that RO is a great great game?
Old 2004-09-28, 18:17   Link #4768
AKS74u

I don't play RO anymore, only played it for the trial period... I love the art though and felt like using it for something. ^^ last MMO I played was FFXI, great game, played it for 6 months before I had to cancel it (was interfering with school)

anyway, heres another sig I threw together in 10 or so mins, I needed something new for these forums...

the extraction was a little messy, and the shadow didn't work that well here... I would spend more time on it... but... i'm lazy
Old 2004-09-28, 18:41   Link #4769
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
Prince of Chronics:too small! in large it a bit will ya?....7.5/10
MidoriShinobi:very kute nice text and colours....very halloween ^_^....9.5/10
Don Roberto:hmm....i like it very much but i think sumthin is missin...8.99/10
as for the pink one u posted like it alot nice border and well yea...9/10
Ambience Blue:i like it..but i dun like the "A" and no border so minus a point...7.99/10...i really luv the fonts ^_^..so it's a big mark if i like the text ^_^
AKS74u:i like it but a bit dark and i dun like the text XP...8.5/10
Sakura-chan:uh....err...ehhh...hmm....i dunno but sumthins wrng wit it....7.5/10
Old 2004-09-28, 20:30   Link #4770
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
PriestessKikyo - Kanon? 8/10
No, i don't think thats Kanon....

Sakura-chan: Ooo... i do like the cutout effect thing that you have going on there... and the contrast is excellent. Does the text say (on the right) Silence and (on the left) Sonata Artica? It's really good, except for the text.. a little hard to read! 9.3/10

Don Roberto: Much better ^_^ Thats a really nice sig that you have there (the gsg one i'm refering to). 10/10 As for the pink one with the girl, the image is a tad grainy... and the border is a tad too think. Text is good! I suggest changing it to jpeg, like hobobaggins suggested.

hobobaggins: Hrmm... well, this new edition of your amazing yuri sig is pretty cool. I like the effects that you have a the sides, although the one on the right seems to come in a little to early, cutting off some of the girls hair. And i dislike the colour of your --- border (for lack of a title) Still like it though (sorry for the negative comments, i do like it!!) 9.5/10

AKS74u: Wow, for being a pshop noob, you did a really good job ^_^ The shadows came out really nicely, but some of the images didn't come out clean on the edges when you erased their previous background. Text looks nice, and the border is also pretty cool, especially on the first one. 9.0/10
Old 2004-09-28, 21:10   Link #4771
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobobaggins
blast! *crosses that image off of the list of prospects*
i had that one marked for another siggy
Sorry I stole this one, Hobo. It was too pretty to resist, hehe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobobaggins
may i suggest having the angel glow, as to define her wings more? i cant really see where they are with the forum format i am using.
Glow? As in the body w/out wings or wings only in the dark area?

Hobobaggins: New sig is much, much better. Fits in nicely, border is closer to edges, and nonintrusive. Plus, it's smaller. 9.2/10

full_metal_31: Wow. At last, a sig that actually looks like a sig and not a mural I've been a fan of slim sigs though I could never pull one off myself. Source is a little grainy (minus-points T.T), but pink tones are well done. 9/10
Old 2004-09-28, 21:23   Link #4772
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
hobobaggins: Hrmm... well, this new edition of your amazing yuri sig is pretty cool. I like the effects that you have a the sides, although the one on the right seems to come in a little to early, cutting off some of the girls hair. And i dislike the colour of your --- border (for lack of a title) Still like it though (sorry for the negative comments, i do like it!!) 9.5/10
negative comments are appreciated! as long as they are constructive. negative reps however are not

Quote:
Glow? As in the body w/out wings or wings only in the dark area?
the wings, above the main picture arent very distinct. they blend into the skin i use (AS regular i think), so i cant see them all that well. a more defined outline would be appreciated.

AKS- the cutouts dont seem that well done( still some white showing) and the person on the left is an eyesore (the novice)... the person in the middle is well done methinks^^ 9/10
Old 2004-09-28, 22:26   Link #4773
AKS74u

Aye, I kinda did a sloppy job with the extraction...

anyway, heres another one...

I tried to go for a different look, and spent a little bit more time cleaning up the extraction... I suck at making backgrounds so just got some pic off the web and distorted it till I was satisfied... I tried to do something interesting with where the name was typed so I made that little bar... I think I got that idea from seeing another sig... can't remember...

I feel like something is missing. Any comments would be helpfull.
Old 2004-09-28, 22:29   Link #4774
sarcasteak
WAHA~

JOJO - Care to at least tell us what it says? ^_^;;

Sakura-chan - Very distinctive night and day, though I don't know what "sonata arctica" means nor why it's opposing "silence." 8/10

hobo - I don't like the dark cut on the right, but I like the one on the left. The cutesy small name is actually very cute, but again I question your choice of color; I think flame red or black (like the one on their left) would be better. 8.5/10

Ambience Blue - I don't like the way the "A" looks, but overall your angel is very pretty. The wings, like everyone else has been saying, could be more defined, and the minor white stroke above her head can actually be seen by the naked eye. A work in progress, but a good one at that. 8/10

AKS74u - The crops aren't clean, the 3d text doesn't match the 2d characters, and the priest in the back is way too blurry. I have a positive bias for RO, but this just doesn't cut it. 7/10

As for you other sig... Using a cute loli is a good start and your cropping is decent. The background might be better if you just left it the way it was instead of distorting it. The bar idea is fine, but I don't love the light blue. And since you're building this sig from scratch, why not create a thicker or more elaborate border? I'm just throwing out some suggestions; it's ultimately up to you.

PK - You've finally fixed the K, but now its stroke is blocking the border! >_<

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-28 at 22:59. Reason: because I can!
Old 2004-09-28, 22:31   Link #4775
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
AKS74u: i like it...one thin maybe a diff text? o and it's a bit grainy and kinda looks like u stretched the person a bit....7/10
Old 2004-09-28, 23:36   Link #4776
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
AKS74u - your current one - pixel-ey edges on the cut outs, and I don't like the style of the drawing 5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Sakura-chan - Very distinctive night and day, though I don't know what "sonata arctica" means nor why it's opposing "silence." 8/10
Because I can?
And because Sonata Arctica is a band and Silence is their album and the picture is the cover for it? And because.......

Last edited by Sakura-chan; 2004-09-29 at 00:15.
Old 2004-09-28, 23:54   Link #4777
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
Because I can?
And because Sonata Arctica is a band and Silence is their album and the picture is the cover for it? And because
Nice comeback! XD At least you take the time to explain, unlike a certain *cough*JOJO*cough*

But now I know! You like the transparency, doncha. ^_^ 8.5/10

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-29 at 01:22. Reason: just because
Old 2004-09-28, 23:55   Link #4778
AKS74u

I took everyones advice and fixed up my current sig a bit (actually alot) i'll put em side by side to compare

(old one)

(new one)

I took alot of everyones advice, cleaned up the image, lightened it up and changed the text. I think this one turned out alot better.
Old 2004-09-29, 08:36   Link #4779
X-1000
Banned

Wait for me until I'll own myself a photoshop. Anyway...

AKS74u cool I like the brown color. But, I think the fonts on the older sig. seems to be much cooler than the current one. 8.5/10
Old 2004-09-29, 10:47   Link #4780
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
began making sigs now

PriestessKikyo : very nice and high quality pic 8/10

Necrodeath: cool 8.5/10

Sakura-chan: nice 8/10

hobobaggins: if they were ten years older it would have been good but so far 7/10

full_metal_31: resolution isn't relly good but the pic is cute 6/10

sarcasteak very cute very nice borders high quality 9.5/10

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-09-29 at 16:25.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature