AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-13, 14:06   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Jigoku Sensei Nube (Hell Teacher Nube)

This is arguably one among the best thirty anime titles that I have seen during the last four years.

The anime adaptation from the manga by the same title.

Jigoku Sensei Nube or transliterally, "Hell's Teacher, Nube" or "Teacher from Hell, Nube"

Introduction Phrase
There are many invisible, inhabitants from darkness
At times, they bare their fangs and come to haunt us all

Here he is, the messenger of justice
Who rose from the depths of hell
To come and save us all

Plot
Nueno Meisuke, nicknamed Nube, is a 25-year-old man teaching classes at Domori Elementary School, Classroom 5-3. Since childhood, he possess a special psychic sensation that enables him to both feel and see supernatural pressence. Because of those powers, his classmates bullied him and kept him isolated from them. Fortunately, child Nube met Minako-sensei who was a kind and candid female teacher. Like him, she too possess the psychic ability.
Minako sensei taught Nube the proper ways to use and control his psychic perceptions. Within a short time, Nube developed deep affection of respect toward Minako-sensei and took her as his role model. Therefore, Nube decided that he too would someday became a teacher and to use his powers to help others, just like Minako sensei did.
Cut to present time. Nube's leading a miserable life since he earns a poor income just to barely pay for his expenses, and he's not very popular with women too. Most of the time, Nube tends to behave silly, childish, and incompetent earning laughter and contempt even from his students.
What the children don't know and sooner they discover is that Nube within the inside is a serious exorcist. He specializes in locating and exterminating any unnatural beings from the netherworld that attempt to stalk, attack, or possess the people of the community or even his students. On the inside, Nube's a brave and wise man that will bet his life on the line to save his dear students that he cares kindly for them.
To destroy or seal akuma, Nube releases a demon hand where his left hand used to be. These unholy hand acquired it in a previous battle against a demon who had possessed a student of his, however, the demon was too overpowerful for Nube to seal him within talismans. Therefore, Nube absorbed and sealed the demon within himself, however, the only side-effect was that his human left-hand was lost and replaced by that of the demon's.
Overall, if Nube's not spending time fending off against vicious youkai, he likely is making an idiot of himself to either make happy his students or impressing the female teachers.

I think that Jigoku Sensei Nube has been given much underrated treatment. Both anime and manga possess great quality in regards to the story, character, and artwork departments.

I constantly had come up with Nube webpages, and all webmasters agree that is a shame this anime will never make it into the States. Those people had already read the manga and know for sure the potential that these series possess, and so do I.

The only way to expose Jigoku Sensei Nube to gain interest within the fandom community is through the means of Fansubs. If there's someone belonging to a fansub group, I strongly both encourage and suggest you to pick this anime, it'll be worth your time and dedication, trust me.

And do not worry, Nube for good grief is still unlicensed in U.S.A., both in anime and manga formats.

It contains a lots of everything:
1. Comedy-- Lots of fun, jokes, beatings, and bit of mild ecchiness.
2. Dark, creepy atmosphere. There are a couple of episodes that frightened the s**t out of me.
3. Good actions sequences.
4. Also, the music and BGM songs are something not to be missed. There's one opening theme and two ending themes. The second ED theme rocks!!
5. Check out some of the female characters. Definitely will please the attention of male fans.

The manga ran its serialization in Shonen Jump. Written and illustrated by Sho Makura and Takeshi Okano. A total of 31 volumes were published from 1994 to 1997/1998.

For the anime, 48 episodes were produced, as also one TV special episode, three 0AV's, plus three movies.

I hope that someone out there decides to work on this title for fansubbing. Hope for the best!!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 14:25   Link #2
Laiko

sounds cool
Laiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 15:18   Link #3
lamer_de

I have around 20 episodes raw or so, so this series has been on my radar for quite some time. However, as this series was never released on VHS/LD or DVD and apparently never got re-runs either, the raws are pretty craptastic. Like Oishinbo, but with distorted colours :P

Also, it's a rather long series, so it needs a dedicated staff to bring out episodes at a constant pace (because that is what I think keeps people away from downloading older shows, they're almost always done at a very slow pace. Groups who only sub old stuff like A-Classic are the exception). So I would voice an option, but can't guarantee anything. First and foremost, I need to get all raws anyway, and they're not that easy to get (at least for me).

CU,
lamer_de (A-Keep encoder, "retro fanboy")
Old 2004-09-13, 16:40   Link #4
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

SDProject was interested in doing it. Thats all I can remember. We only had episode 1's raw so....
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 10:56   Link #5
Bomver

Jigoku Sensei Nube(hell teacher nube)

Anyone know where i can buy or download this serie? I've been looking for this for a while.
Bomver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 11:19   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

It's never been officially released with English subtitles (or dub) and as far as I'm aware it hasn't been fansubbed either.

This applies to the TV series as well as the OVA
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 11:41   Link #7
belpegor
Banned

You can try Ebay or animeshops, as far as I know no one has subbed the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomver View Post
Anyone know where i can buy or download this serie? I've been looking for this for a while.
belpegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 11:48   Link #8
Bomver

bah.. It's a shame that no one has subbed this serie.
I will try ebay or something else.
Old 2006-12-23, 11:53   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I have all 48 eps in chinese sub on vcd.

i also have a H-dougin clip of it
Old 2006-12-23, 12:09   Link #10
Bomver

hmmm is there a vcd version that they speak cantonese? or only chinese sub?
Old 2006-12-23, 12:11   Link #11
belpegor
Banned

If you look on ebay most of the vcds that they sell are in chinese subs

Quote:
belpegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 12:12   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

not as far as i know. the one i have is sub,
Old 2006-12-23, 14:08   Link #13
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It's never been officially released with English subtitles (or dub) and as far as I'm aware it hasn't been fansubbed either.

This applies to the TV series as well as the OVA
I think back in the time of VHS fansub, somebody subbed first 4-6 ep. But they are very hard to find now. Sorry, that did not help much.
Old 2006-12-23, 14:44   Link #14
Bomver

hmm i have found episode 1-48 chinese sub.. too; bad that i can't read chinese >.<
Old 2006-12-25, 09:35   Link #15
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
oh.. I remember this anime. I used to watched it when i was little (Philippine local channel, English dub). It was great, I loved it. but, i never got the chance to watch the whole thing.

Last edited by nadare; 2006-12-25 at 10:08.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 06:11   Link #16
kuru

Quote:
Saiei is torrenting the dvd raws for the first 25 episodes. The rest should come later.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 03:39   Link #17
jts31689
Hired Samurai

Send a message via AIM to jts31689 Send a message via Yahoo to jts31689
Cool Jigoku Sensei Nube/Hell Teacher Nube

This is my first post as a new member here in this forum.

I was wondering if anyone had leads to a fansub of this anime. It's about a teacher who gains the hand of an Oni from his teacher as a child and grows up to eventually be one. He fights spirits/ghosts/monsters/youkai etc. to protect his students and his loved ones.

This anime had by far been on my mind when I used to watch it a long time ago and I would very much appreciate help.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-01-02 at 04:11. Reason: Threads merged
jts31689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 21:28   Link #18
jts31689
Hired Samurai

Send a message via AIM to jts31689 Send a message via Yahoo to jts31689
So is there no hope of anyone ever being able to watch this...?
jts31689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:19   Link #19
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Of course there is hope. Someone might yet decide to sub it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 14:52   Link #20
solomon

Wow, I'm really discerning of shonen series but this one seems like a lot of fun. I hear it was a hit in Japan. Plus I just can't get over how kickass that Opening theme of it was.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote