AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-02, 01:58   Link #1
Somnus
Eh?

Bonnouji

Taken from Bake-Updates Manga:

Fate brings two people who live in the same condo together on a typical afternoon. Ozawa (26) has just broken up with her boyfriend of five years and was in the process of trying to rebuild her life when she meets Oyamada who lives a couple floors below her. He is somewhat of a loner although he does have a few friends and his room is cluttered with all the random stuff that his impulse shopper brother sends him. Ozawa takes an interest with all the things in his room and the two start a friendship that slowly turns into something more.

Genre: Romance, Seinen, Slice of Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was browsing through forums and found this fantastic gem. The first volume has been translated into English, and I honestly couldn't stop reading. I'm a sucker for a good romance, or slice of life story. To my surprise (and pleasure), I was treated to the best of both worlds, and great set of main characters. They're older than the usual offerings, and a very welcome breath of fresh air. I won't go into them in detail, but the main duo have the same chemistry I find in other top notch titles (Spice and Wolf comes to mind).

It goes at a faster pace than the description lets on, and doesn't drag at all. Even better, there's no drama to speak of (so far, but I honestly hope it stays that way). Instantly rose to the top of my favorites list, and IMO a "must read" for any fans of the genre.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-01-02 at 16:19. Reason: Fixed image
Old 2012-01-02, 02:33   Link #2
Chandalen

I really liked reading this. Can't wait for more.
Old 2012-02-09, 08:58   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

cute..... never expect we will get romance in early chapter...

I wonder what is Oyamada's occupation????
Old 2012-02-09, 16:58   Link #4
lightbringer
M9000

It's a really cute manga... not much of the usual drama either. "Healing" really fits it well I think. Kind of surprised that there was no thread for it earlier.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:10   Link #5
Somnus
Eh?

It's a good example of a "warm fuzzies" manga. Which is never a bad thing, they just tend not to be the the most popular. Either way, I'm loving it (we're up to Ch. 15 now, I wish the last two were longer though!).
Old 2012-04-19, 16:21   Link #6
Somnus
Eh?

In an attempt to gain more fans of this fun, laid-back manga I'd like to report that a new chapter is out.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:28   Link #7
defki

I love reading Bonnouji. This is the kind of manga where you have a big grin on your face every time you read a chapter. So relaxing. It's way too empty here.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:48   Link #8
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Not exactly the most compelling manga out there.
And what's up with the dark clouds on the latest chapter...that kinda disturbed me.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:50   Link #9
Tiberium Wolf

Not sure if I read wrong or TL error... but is there a 2 year period from when the 2 MC meet at ch1 to the current ch that we are?
Old 2012-04-19, 17:54   Link #10
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Not sure if I read wrong or TL error... but is there a 2 year period from when the 2 MC meet at ch1 to the current ch that we are?
If that's true, I didn't notice anything about that.
Besides, from the looks of the pair, seems that isn't true.
Old 2012-04-19, 19:17   Link #11
Xacual

There is indeed a time flow behind the scenes. It was 2 years before they got together.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-04-19, 19:22   Link #12
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There is indeed a time flow behind the scenes. It was 2 years before they got together.
I didn't notice that.
Wari!
Old 2012-04-19, 19:23   Link #13
~Yami~

like the newest chapter... so there actually 2 year period time skip in this manga (I don't notice this)

doing a summer party in own apartment sounds good
Old 2012-04-19, 19:30   Link #14
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
I didn't notice that.
Wari!
It was mentioned during one of the chapters that it had been 2 years since she broke up with her ex boyfriend. Think 10 or 11?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-04-19, 19:30   Link #15
Somnus
Eh?

I actually forgot all about that, I remember the first time I read it I had to reread everything up to that point. It didn't (and still doesn't) seem like a passing of 2 years had occurred within those chapters. On the other hand, getting over a 5 year relationship can take a while.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It was mentioned during one of the chapters that it had been 2 years since she broke up with her ex boyfriend. Think 10 or 11?
I actually just finished checking, and it is indeed Ch. 10.
Old 2012-04-20, 04:37   Link #16
Tiberium Wolf

I still find it strange the 2 year span considering the friend of the MC. I mean why did he take 2 years to encourage the MC to confess?
Old 2012-05-07, 18:54   Link #17
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

New chapter released. Ozawa is realizing that she can't think of Oyamada as just a friend anymore.... This step from that friendzoned state that they are in to an actual couple is something that I have been looking forward to since a while
Old 2012-05-07, 19:23   Link #18
Chandalen

The pain waiting for each chapter is excruciating. This is one of my favorites at the moment. I can't wait to see where it'll head at this point.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:25   Link #19
Excorsism

Oh, yes. Dat natural development. Boyfriend has the bold every MC protagonist should have. Best chapter ever.
Old 2012-05-07, 20:01   Link #20
~Yami~

oh yeah... I always thought the boyfriend is a pure boy... seems like I'm wrong...
hahaha
like this development
Closed Thread

Tags
baka couple, romance, seinen