AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-23, 09:09   Link #1101
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode 8:

Old 2011-03-23, 14:09   Link #1102
fuff

episode8:

1.who survives just battler and eva?? and ange of course
2.were the witches real?
3.okay i dont get the jessica, shannon thingie...and beatrice...where they the same person?
4.who was the person battler liked? blonde hair blue eyes ? was it jessica?
5.was shanon and kanon one person?
6.who was beatrice (the one that we keep seeing)??
7.)what was the ending/last scene? ange found out everyone was dead?
Old 2011-03-23, 14:24   Link #1103
Judoh
Mystery buff

I'd wait for episode 8 to be translated for a more accurate answer. We only have summaries. But a few of your questions have answers in earlier episodes.

Spoiler for question 3:

Spoiler for question 4:

Spoiler for question 5:

Spoiler for question 6:
Old 2011-03-23, 14:47   Link #1104
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
episode8:

1.who survives just battler and eva?? and ange of course
2.were the witches real?
3.okay i dont get the jessica, shannon thingie...and beatrice...where they the same person?
4.who was the person battler liked? blonde hair blue eyes ? was it jessica?
5.was shanon and kanon one person?
6.who was beatrice (the one that we keep seeing)??
7.)what was the ending/last scene? ange found out everyone was dead?
Spoiler for Episode8:

Old 2011-03-24, 01:37   Link #1105
fuff

thanks!!! okay i have a few more questions........
1.what is the golden land?
2. is there any info on why maria was crazy throughout the series?
3.so did bern and lambda exist?
4.was there any references to higurashi made
Old 2011-03-24, 04:32   Link #1106
C-chan
A mere observer

Quote:
thanks!!! okay i have a few more questions........
1.what is the golden land?
2. is there any info on why maria was crazy throughout the series?
3.so did bern and lambda exist?
4.was there any references to higurashi made
Spoiler for answers:

well, that's how I understood them. Of course, there may be more accurate answers than mine.

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

Old 2011-03-24, 15:12   Link #1107
Oblivion

I got a question. Don't take my question the wrong way I'm just curious, but if every crime committed is somehow solvable through human means, what's the point in having witches?

And a random question is Bernkastel the same person as the Bernkastel in higurashi? I'm not talking about Frederica, I'm talking about the one who always gets killed.
Old 2011-03-24, 15:56   Link #1108
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
I got a question. Don't take my question the wrong way I'm just curious, but if every crime committed is somehow solvable through human means, what's the point in having witches?
What witches? I'm kidding. One reason is to be an illusion to deny. Another is that it's an allegory for motivations and ways to get shit done. Lamdadelta for example can represent accomplishing something with hard work and minimizing obstacles to a point where she can certainly accomplish it without a lot of effort. Another thing is the witches end up being antagonists a lot. Especially Bern in later episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
And a random question is Bernkastel the same person as the Bernkastel in higurashi? I'm not talking about Frederica, I'm talking about the one who always gets killed.
If you don't mean Frederica Bernkastel than you probably mean Rika? The honest answer is we don't know. At best she's a continuity nod to Higurashi and not actually connected to it. Ryukishi's attitude in interviews (plus stuff like Higurashi being a novel in Umineko) seems to suggest he doesn't want Umineko to be connected to Higurashi.

Also episode 8 apparently says

Spoiler for Spoiler ep 8:
Old 2011-03-24, 16:36   Link #1109
fuff

higurashi is a story in umineko? does that mean higurashi..wasnt really?

or is it just two seperate animes....and both happened/are really...but the creator doesnt want there to connections since they are two different stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
What witches? I'm kidding. One reason is to be an illusion to deny. Another is that it's an allegory for motivations and ways to get shit done. Lamdadelta for example can represent accomplishing something with hard work and minimizing obstacles to a point where she can certainly accomplish it without a lot of effort. Another thing is the witches end up being antagonists a lot. Especially Bern in later episodes.

If you don't mean Frederica Bernkastel than you probably mean Rika? The honest answer is we don't know. At best she's a continuity nod to Higurashi and not actually connected to it. Ryukishi's attitude in interviews (plus stuff like Higurashi being a novel in Umineko) seems to suggest he doesn't want Umineko to be connected to Higurashi.

Old 2011-03-24, 17:17   Link #1110
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
higurashi is a story in umineko? does that mean higurashi..wasnt really?

or is it just two seperate animes....and both happened/are really...but the creator doesnt want there to connections since they are two different stories
It's kinda both.

Like I said it seems he doesn't want them to be connected. Save for a few characters like Bern, Okonogi, and Amakusa (Amakusa's character design was used for one of the Yamainu i.e. Hibari 13) who are sorta continuity nods or mythology gags. He hasn't done anything to suggest he wants it all to be tied together as one story.

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Last edited by Judoh; 2011-03-24 at 17:52.
Old 2011-03-24, 20:22   Link #1111
Oblivion

Quote:

Ah okay makes sense. I was only assuming that Bernkastel was the same in both just sort of like how Battler and meta battler are the same.
Old 2011-03-24, 21:45   Link #1112
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This isn't really very clear but I more or less agree with Judoh. it seems that Umineko exists in a higher layer of existence where both the various Umineko "games" and Higurashi exist as fictions.

Bernkastel and Lambdadelta are suggested to be recurring characters, in other words characters that aren't bound to a specific story but that can appear in different stories, where they can gain different forms and roles. (that's probably why they are called "voyagers")

For example Bernkastel took the role of the villain in Umineko, but she wasn't a villain in Higurashi.

It is implied that Lambdadelta and Bernkastel will meet again in another "when they cry" series, but only the author knows in which roles and under which forms.

Old 2011-03-25, 01:58   Link #1113
fuff

so basically,...what i take from the two series...they are two series and everything that happened in the series happened...meaning that higurashi is real and not just some fictional work...

but just to bring higurashi in, in umineko they say its a story

which is something similar to bleach is a manga in gintama...but in bleach its a real thing....hopefully this makes sense hahah and houw in lucky star haruhi is an anime phase, etc, etc
Old 2011-03-28, 21:19   Link #1114
Winar

Several logical questions about concept of writing stories (both for novel and anime):

Spoiler for Author:

Spoiler for Dead?:

3.Why Beatrice didn't wrote the third story, in other words why two bottles, not three?

Spoiler for Battler:
Old 2011-03-28, 22:32   Link #1115
Judoh
Mystery buff

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2011-03-29, 12:22   Link #1116
immblueversion

Quote:
Spoiler for spoilers:
Spoiler for Just for the sake of those unfamiliar with this:

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-04-04, 17:55   Link #1117
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Mine isn't really a logical question of any kind. I was just very concerned. I was told by and have seen many people say the ending is terrible. Without giving spoilers, is this really true? Or are people exaggerating? I suppose it is an opinion but I can't stop this horrible feeling from all day XD I just started getting into it and have spent at least 30 hours playing it so far. If anyone would let me know without any spoilers. Also I heard a fandisk is due, will it clear anything up?
Old 2011-04-04, 17:59   Link #1118
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Mine isn't really a logical question of any kind. I was just very concerned. I was told by and have seen many people say the ending is terrible. Without giving spoilers, is this really true? Or are people exaggerating? I suppose it is an opinion but I can't stop this horrible feeling from all day XD I just started getting into it and have spent at least 30 hours playing it so far. If anyone would let me know without any spoilers. Also I heard a fandisk is due, will it clear anything up?
Let's just say people weren't expecting it to end the way it did, despite some signs that it probably should have and could have been expected. As for the fan disc, only Ryukishi07 himself knows what will be in it.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-04-07, 05:25   Link #1119
fuff

did they ever show asmu? or how ever u spell her name (battlers mom) in the game?
Old 2011-04-07, 07:24   Link #1120
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for answer to fuff:

Closed Thread

Tags
q&a