Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-28, 23:35   Link #101
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think not, since he said in ep 7 that they (Crus and Himiko) had intentionally put the cosprayers through trials, so I guess that's just a part of the trials as he stated. It's just a test of strength and faith IMO. Besides the idea of torturing his comrades to trick the enemy is simply too... rational for such a nonsensical series

a side note, the "miko" in the black mikos has quite a different meaning from the "miko" of Koto's miko reiya. Koto's "miko" means shrine maiden, black miko's "miko" means imperial prince.
But your explanation makes even less sense than mine! If it was a trial to NOT destroy the giant tower, then how come the black mikos didn't kill them?
Old 2004-02-29, 01:55   Link #102
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Well, I just finished watching episode seven of Cosprayers and... holy crap it stopped making sense again. It started to almost make some sense in episode six, but here it just blew everything apart. I'm just going to post a few of my thoughts on the episode...

1) Did anybody notice that the giant statue looked like a person with breasts and a giant tentacle sticking out of its crotch, or was it just me? No, seriously. I mean it.

2) I can understand why Crus never fell in love with Scarlet, what with her being so fickle and all.

3) Why was the creator of the charm bracelets encouraging the Mikos to defeat the enemy? I mean, of all people, I would have at least expected HIM to know what was going on.

4) Why did the Black Mikos try to kill our heroes before if the girls were helping them?

5) Why is Koto called "Miko Reiya", but when they transform they say "Reiya Change"? Are they all called Miko Reiya?

6) Where was Koto going to in the first episode, anyway? A Cosprayin-- er, I mean CosPLAYING convention of some sort?

7) How is it that Scarlet can destroy an entire tower with a single blow, but she couldn't defeat the dark knight without Koto? Did she really gain THAT much power in such a short period of time?

8) I've been trying to make some sense out of how Crus was torturing the girls in episode six. I think that he was doing that to show the Black Mikos that he was on their side, but still helping the girls.

9) Why doesn't the Black Miko Reiya have arms?

10) See? I told you so, Chobits! *flex*

1) I don't think it is a fallice, probably something more like an umbilicle cord... but then again you never know with this series....

2) Well no arguing there lol.

3) If you recall back to other cheesy transforming teen dramas, there is always some greater power the kids gain just in time to save the world from the most evil villain yet, and it always come from un-forseen force. What I want to know is, why wouldn't the forces want to give them the ultimate power from the begining? They would have easily defeated every enemy and had a better understanding of there powers for the really hard battles.... (if only the power rangers had used there Zords before the monsters were revived as giants....)

4) We don't know for sure if they are trying to kill the girls or not... one of them does say... "Sad little girl, I'll remove your hesitation for you" maybe they are trying to motivate them into action so that there buddy Crus is not sacrificed in vain. And they may have been trying to kill the Cosprayers to stop them from realizing there true power, or to stop them from killing Crus (or breaking there control over him)... we will just have to wait for the finale to hopefully clear this one up a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceleader
5) all the girls have a unique 'reiya' name. Scarlet is called Sister reiya. Priscilla's reiya name has something to do with india, Remi and Iko's reiya names come from their respective 'locations. I think Iko is from some south american location and Remi is from the middle east. Miko Reiya is just yelled alot cause she's the one blindly running around causing havoc to boneyjellyfish's mind.

6) She was at a class field trip, but she decided to go outside cosplaying since the shrine they were at was one of the locations of her favorite game, Dorifai3 (dream figher 3)
I think these are fine fine answers so I will just put them in my response as well ^^

7) Crus explains that he did that torture stuff to boost there charms, so yeah his aim was to give them a whole lot more power in a short time.... otherwise he probably could have just practiced with them, as apposed to nearly shattering there egos. Plus she is in a highly volitile emotional state thinking they have used her love as yet another trap... well, Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned.

8) Perhaps they are just perverted? They are not bad guys for sure yet, and I am sure they were watching Crus... why would they sit and watch him talk to the girls about the sealing ritual if they are bad? But I think your theory is a sound one... he would need to mislead the Black mikos for a time in order to accomplish what he needs to do.

9) She has nor arms IMO as a symbol of her deplenished powers. Her sealing ritual failed and as a result she lost her real charms, so she was forced to use a very much limited power as the Black Mikos Reiya. But where in the hell are Crus and Himiko getting there power from? She lost (or gave away) her Charm bracelet...

10) Yeha yeah.... I thought it could go either way, but with the earlier forshadowing (the eyeball fight with Scarlet) I had thought it was leaning more towards Crus being this storie's Judas. They did however flash back to that fight and the fact that Scarlet had been tricked was her motivation for destroying the last tower (along with her jelousy towards the Black Mikos Reiya IMO). So the fact that it was foreshadowing was correct and even Scarlet was caught up in it!! *sticks out tongue*

Any conjecture on what the next and final episode holds for us? I am just hoping the good guys lose. So very few anime or any plots for that matter have the good guys getting there asses fed to them in the end... *crosses fingers* just this once, oh please just this once!
Old 2004-02-29, 06:39   Link #103
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
But your explanation makes even less sense than mine! If it was a trial to NOT destroy the giant tower, then how come the black mikos didn't kill them?
because, so far there's no proof that the black mikos are in league with Takitsuhime, there's absolutely no evidence showing the black mikos are bad guys except they keep "flirting" the girls in their own strange ways...

besides, It's now clear that Crus was NOT controlled by the enemy/Takitsuhime when he fought the cosprayers in black knight armor protecting the black towers, actually it's the cosprayers who fell victim to Takitsuhime's manipulation and controlled by the enemy. So the "Crus previously controlled by the enemy and now trying to trick the enemy" theory obviously makes no sense.

Heck, maybe the black mikos are also helping to "trial" the crosprayers. I mean, the cosprayers got a "Goddess power up" when they first fought the black mikos, and now Scarlet is all depressed and can't make a move and the black mikos come to "cheer" her up. If Crus in black knight armor beating up three of the cosprayers and hanging them in some strange prison cell is just part of some trials, it's quite possible that black mikos fighting them is also a trial IMO.
Old 2004-02-29, 12:58   Link #104
iluid

Quote:
5) Why is Koto called "Miko Reiya", but when they transform they say "Reiya Change"? Are they all called Miko Reiya?
Just thought I'd add that this is also a stupid pun. As dreamless said I think it should be "rayer", since I believe the intention is to be a pun on "layers". "Layers" is slang for cosplayers, there's even a cosplaying magazine called "Layers". So since they are cosprayers, they refer to each other as rayers (reiyas). (though the show might be just a little less painful without getting the pun)
Old 2004-02-29, 15:27   Link #105
Tellu54
Banned

"a side note, the "miko" in the black mikos has quite a different meaning from the "miko" of Koto's miko reiya. Koto's "miko" means shrine maiden, black miko's "miko" means imperial prince."

Uhh... where are you getting this?
It's possible I'm just missing something, but from the official site's ep6 summary:
その前に黒*巫女*が立ちはだかる!
~"But the black stops her from reaching the tower!"

Miko Rayer is usually just called "Koto" in the ep summaries, but her Miko is actually written in katakana, as in:
*ミコ*は剣を構えると、激しい気合と共に切りかかる
"Miko Rayer readies her sword and strikes at the black miko with a fierce yell."

The first is the one meaning shrine maiden. The second is just reading the first one in katakana.

The "Miko" you're thinking of can be written: 御子 皇子. It refers to the annoying little brats who keep following Cruz around. Their name is "黒之皇子", which losely translates to "Black Princes".

This concludes me saying more than anybody wants to really know about kanji in CosPrayers.
Old 2004-02-29, 15:35   Link #106
dreamless

miko rayer is written in katakana as all the characters have their "rayer names" written in katakana.

the kanji for "miko" can be 巫女 (shrine maiden), 巫子 (shrine... err... boy? male counterpart of shrine maiden), and 御子 皇子 (imperial prince, son of emperor).

And what Koto wears during her transformation is the traditional shinto shrine maiden dress, a 巫女装束 (miko dress).

Also Himiko in ep 6 is called 黒巫女 which makes her also a "black miko", but despite the same pronounciation, she is the "black shrine maiden", not the "black prince"

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-02-29 at 15:53.
Old 2004-02-29, 15:43   Link #107
Tellu54
Banned

What i'm confused about then is the identities of of the Yao no mono. Were they guardians of the towers? If so why didn't the later ones have guardians?
I dunno if there's an answer to that...
Old 2004-02-29, 18:19   Link #108
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
What i'm confused about then is the identities of of the Yao no mono. Were they guardians of the towers? If so why didn't the later ones have guardians?
I dunno if there's an answer to that...
Furthermore, why did each variety have a grossly exaggerated part of the human anatomy?
Old 2004-02-29, 23:32   Link #109
aceleader

Quote:
Furthermore, why did each variety have a grossly exaggerated part of the human anatomy?
Quote:
1) Did anybody notice that the giant statue looked like a person with breasts and a giant tentacle sticking out of its crotch, or was it just me? No, seriously. I mean it.
'nuff said
Old 2004-03-01, 17:07   Link #110
jennwenn

Hmm....so I underestimated this show SO much I actually WAS surprised. I thought it was obvious that Crus was bad pretending to be good, but no! He was good hiding the fact that he was pretending to be bad...er...Either that, or I'm just so frickin confused it comes off as a "surprise".

I only watch this series because its short and I can surf the forum at the same time and not miss a thing of importance. (Ah, multi-tasking.)

I hope the next series about making a TV Drama is better. It certainly sounds like a more original concept.
Old 2004-03-02, 14:51   Link #111
dreamless

oh well, just finished watching episode 8, and, I'm almost braindead by now...

WTF!!!!????? @_@
Old 2004-03-02, 14:55   Link #112
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
oh well, just finished watching episode 8, and, I'm almost braindead by now...

WTF!!!!????? @_@
I must agree with you. The ending made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Triad's sub will be out shortly, hopefully, so we can end this damned series forever and purge it from our brains and harddrives.
Old 2004-03-02, 16:06   Link #113
aceleader

Drago's just jealous and sad it's almost over. You should have heard him when ep8 came out.

"Ace are you done uploading yet?? I want to translate it already!!!"
Old 2004-03-02, 17:54   Link #114
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

He chose to translate the episode rather than study for a test. That just shows the dedication and love he holds for this series.
Old 2004-03-02, 17:56   Link #115
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
He chose to translate the episode rather than study for a test. That just shows the dedication and love he holds for this series.
Dragosmore has finally shown his true colors! He is a MASOCHIST!
Old 2004-03-02, 19:35   Link #116
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
I think that happened for maybe one ep during finals week, but as you should know now, I'M ON SPRING BREAK ..!.,

As for episode 8, I wanted it last night so I could get it over and done with. ;_; it was so bad
Old 2004-03-02, 19:48   Link #117
aceleader

So you would like people to believe.
Old 2004-03-02, 23:59   Link #118
Tellu54
Banned

Episode 8 is, in fact, worse than all the others.
BTW Drago, I hear you're doing Hit wo nerae.
What's wrong with you?

lol, OK, I admit I'm doing it too.
These MOE things are a ton of fun to watch.
Old 2004-03-03, 00:01   Link #119
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
Episode 8 is, in fact, worse than all the others.
BTW Drago, I hear you're doing Hit wo nerae.
What's wrong with you?

lol, OK, I admit I'm doing it too.
These MOE things are a ton of fun to watch.
Ah, I think you misheard. Me or Triad will NOT be doing Smash Hit! after the ruinage of Cosprayers. I'll leave it up to you ^^; If Smash Hit! provides to be a lot better, then I might consider Love <3 Love.
Old 2004-03-03, 14:58   Link #120
aceleader

Drago's going incognito to start moefansubs though... it should be an interesting project for him.

j/k.

Drago usually doesn't have a say in Triad project choices. Well actually he doesn't have any say really... We may be working on another moe show soon, but that will remain to be seen
Closed Thread