AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-16, 15:23   Link #3861
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
@gummy: Blizzard has confirmed that in the near future, players can change to the other side permanently.
No not the way I suggest it. You are allow to switch side BUT you ALSO HAVE TO CHANGE your RACE. You can't remain as the race you are now, which it make a lot of difference.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 18:03   Link #3862
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While some of that seem off, a revamp of all old content (via phasing I suppose) would be nice. Though it is possible that they'll just revamp everything (thus have to redesign some of the quests and zones for all the new level 1 whatevers). If they used phasing I suppose that means that once you get to a certain point you can't go back and help the lowbies. Though would said changes effect TBC and WOTLK content (maps)?
Old 2009-08-16, 19:31   Link #3863
Xacual

They might be looking for a way to reset all of WoW, the only flaw would be how would they change Outland, I mean in the storyline of wow its over already so if all of azeroth, even old world changes, then new characters will level and then go back in time when they go through the dark portal and go to northrend.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 07:23   Link #3864
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I'll only play again because I can finaly play a Worgen Warrior or Rogue. they will definaly have a fist/Claw Trait which weapons i liked.

Which WoW is bad at

u dont play enough MMORPGs if you think wow is bad
Old 2009-08-17, 09:40   Link #3865
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Finally finished off Nagrand and Netherstorm quests. Down to 3 to go with Shadowmoon and I'm sure there's enough in the Netherwing rep grind that are one-off quests that qualify. But I'm 4 short for Blade's Edge and I'm not seeing any !s around. Not sure what I missed in BEM.
Old 2009-08-17, 14:01   Link #3866
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
you know what they should do? they should have a "tradior" system where people from both sides can defect to the other side but still remain as the race and class they are but loss all rep and honnor and achivements they built, and everything in their bank, and also gold where there is a funny cutscene where the npc made the player to cough up all their gold to join them
The funny thing is that it seems that idea was planned at some point in the development of Vanilla Wow, considering the booklet and the "language" skill.

To be fairly honest, it would give a much better depth and finally something that should totally different than the tedious and usual reputation grind galore.
Old 2009-08-17, 14:50   Link #3867
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The revamp in not entirely new idea. They've been changing things over time. Removing or replacing quest chains in places. They might revamp stuff so that everything reflects like something really really bad happened, but to a new player, everything still fits. They still need to go through most of the areas from 1-58 then go to Outland on the rails so to speak because of a lack of areas to level from 60-68 in the old world even after the revamp. This might be intersting if the revamped instance parts are 80+ content and there associated quest chains are also revamped to reflect this nature. Though I can't image Dire Maul as a level 80+ instance...maybe just the raid instances..though AQ20 and AQ40 being a AQ25 (80+) would be really weird.

Then after Outland one would still need to go through Northrend to level to 78 or so, then move on back "home" to deal with new problems you couldn't deal with as a level 58-78 plus the new content areas.

Flying in the old world will change a lot of things (some would say "thank god" others would say it ruins things forever). All the major cities will need anti-air defenses (and probably some anti-sea defenses as well for those few with coasts) to keep out the easy raiders. 1000 Needles flooded would be interesting, especially since the desert and raceway had ships in it. A lot of intersting changes would more or less make this a "new" game without having it be entirely new. The old players (especially those on RP servers) can go around saying "I remember when" to a lot of things while the new players would get something they could call their own (even the rerolls might have fun in an almost totally different world).

But would they put that much effort into WoW 4.0?
Old 2009-08-17, 15:06   Link #3868
Clarste
Human

I seriously can't imagine them changing this many things permanently. If they do make these changes, I'm guessing they'll have a Bronze Dragon or something somewhere that'll let you go back to the old setting and do the old quests unchanged. The flooding of Thousand Needles in particular sounds like it would eliminate a lot of old quests.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 18:05   Link #3869
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless they phase it somehow. Make it so the word is different for your character after you reach a certain level, or do a certain quest chain. The Achievement becomes your phase marker for the computer. Sort of like how some places change for you permanently now in Icecrown or after the Wrath Gate chain. You can never go back....(well almost never).
Old 2009-08-17, 20:21   Link #3870
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

It all sounds cool to me, but one thing that occured to me
with the old world re-design. There are some large tracts of land that are 'undeveloped'. Like above stromwind on the map there is a blank plataue and nEver mind quel'thalas, which outside of the (BC) server in the greater azeroth is just huge blank tracts of land. So unless they incorporate that... Yeah
Old 2009-08-17, 20:46   Link #3871
Xacual

That is the main reason why they don't have flying enabled in the old world. With the changes it will be enabled so all that land will be developed.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 23:37   Link #3872
Olaguer

Question :
I'm downloading WoW The Wrath of the Lich King at the moment and I don't have any account yet.
Do I need to download all the WoW versions to play the current version I have?
What's this account upgrade thing I saw to be able to play in The Wrath of the Lich King? (I have no account yet)
Olaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 23:49   Link #3873
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
You need to have Vanilla WoW and BC. You need to have an account to play wow, you need to pay to upgrade and play BC, and same for Wotlk. If you buy the game in stores, they give you a code to upgrade your account I believe. If you upgrade online, it'll just upgrade your account and start downloading the expansion you upgraded to.

Basically, if you're illegally downloading the game, you won't be able to play wotlk until you a. get an account, and upgrade up to wotlk. Which involves paying.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 01:50   Link #3874
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for AQ related lore from WoW comic:

Finally cleaned up Outland quests for good. Now I just need to grind out Icecrown for Loremaster. Turns out why I could never find what I missed in Blade's edge was because I'd turned in a drop quest item but needed to be wearing what became of it in order to see the ! .......*sigh* Although getting the Time-Lost Figurine a couple of nights ago on just one Terokk kill was sweet. Turning into an arrakoa is hilarious. Really spooks some people out in Dalaran.

My weariness/irritation didn't last long though. Another bit of LK luck came to me yet again today...I really can't figure out how I just seem to finally get the rare stuff. Especially since I've now managed a 1%er on two characters now...

Spoiler for Gotta love Thorim's female army!:
Old 2009-08-18, 02:47   Link #3875
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
u dont play enough MMORPGs if you think wow is bad
i've played more than most people have, enough to know when a game is a grindfest or not or atleast not so much.
Old 2009-08-18, 03:58   Link #3876
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Spoiler for AQ related lore from WoW comic:
... Please tell me you're joking about that characters.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 08:51   Link #3877
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hey, the game/story already has Rhonin who time-traveled on multiple occasions, taught Illidan magic, pretty much single-handedly defeated the entire Burning Legion, and married Sylvanas' other sister who hated humans but came around just because of how damn awesome he was, and who didn't actually even exist but was retconned into the lore just for him. That guy in the spoiler tag is just par for the course now.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 10:28   Link #3878
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nope. All in the latest issue of the WoW comic. And I do take it as the real deal as they also did the 4 part Ashbringer series to properly explain Ashbringer, the Mograines, Tirion Fordring and Eitrigg.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:00   Link #3879
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i've played more than most people have, enough to know when a game is a grindfest or not or atleast not so much.
MMOs? lol, i've been playing since EQ-era, WoW did a far better job at hiding the grinds of rpgs. While the formula havent change since the beginning of crpgs quest (fedex, kill # mobs and etc) but WoW did the best job for a commercial pay 2 play MMO. Instancing to stop the stupidity of dungeon spawn point camping and phasing to give the open world a more personal experience.

Any games can be a grindfest if all you choose the simplest path of progression that is through repetition of the most time effective activity.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:28   Link #3880
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From what I understand WoW is the best at hiding the grindfest within multiple quest goals and regional quest hubs...to make it seem less like a grindfest...at least until you start doing reputation grinding...and even then they've at least used dailies to at least make it seem like you are doing something productive rather than just going out and killing a few hundred thousand of these creatures for 10 rep a piece.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows