AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-31, 05:58   Link #61
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Well, the staff comments are also suggesting that this will be a sugary slice-of-life anime
Like how Shaun of the Dead was a romcom with zombies. As far as Gakkou Gurashi is concerned, it takes a little interest in those who are trying to carry on a normal life, as a coping mechanism, during a zombie apocalypse. You know, the kind who gets ALWAYS horribly killed off in classic zombie apocalypse scenarios.
Old 2015-05-31, 06:41   Link #62
xizro345
King's Justice

I'll see how it goes with the adaptation, however I felt the story in the source material isn't going anywhere save keeping the "shock value". Since there's no ending in sight as far as I can see, there'll be probably some anime-original stuff.
Old 2015-05-31, 08:08   Link #63
ices
Working Hard

Yes. It's really a slice of life (... if you know what I mean). Something along cute girls doing cute(?) thing.

^ @xizro345 There is a perfect stopping point considering the title of this series (School Live).

Last edited by ices; 2015-05-31 at 12:08.
Old 2015-05-31, 09:57   Link #64
xizro345
King's Justice

Yes there is, but I feel it would be unsatisfactory for me, but again, that's how I feel with the source material at the moment.
Old 2015-05-31, 10:33   Link #65
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Like how Shaun of the Dead was a romcom with zombies. As far as Gakkou Gurashi is concerned, it takes a little interest in those who are trying to carry on a normal life, as a coping mechanism, during a zombie apocalypse. You know, the kind who gets ALWAYS horribly killed off in classic zombie apocalypse scenarios.
Actually, Shaun of the Dead is not really good comparison to Gakkou Gurashi. Comedy element in these two stories are very different.

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-05-31 at 11:22.
Old 2015-05-31, 10:41   Link #66
evilsyaoran
Need a lot fluffy Fe-MC

Alien 9 would be a sampe for cute girl doing cute catching in alien acid world.
They still manage to bring the cuteness, why not for Gakkou?
Old 2015-05-31, 12:13   Link #67
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
^ @xizro345 There is a perfect stopping point considering the title of this series (School Live).
Unless we get a second season, the heli aftermath is a terrible place to stop.
Old 2015-05-31, 12:29   Link #68
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Not really. It's a perfect place to stop a season.
Old 2015-05-31, 12:47   Link #69
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Like I said, if we get a 2nd season then it's perfectly fine
This however is far from confirmed and seeing how they finally get some clues at that point it would result in an open ending that leaves nobody satisfied.
Old 2015-05-31, 13:13   Link #70
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's your personal opinion. Nothing more. There's no better place to stop if it's one-cour. And even if it's two-core, current chapters don't have a better stopping point.
Old 2015-05-31, 14:28   Link #71
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Of course it's my personal opinion, what else is it supposed to be. It is worth just as much as any other.

Regardless, in my opinion (clarity) open endings are terrible. You grab the viewer's interest and when things finally get moving ... it flat out stops without answering anything. We can just hope that it will be popular enough to get a second season.
Old 2015-05-31, 14:38   Link #72
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Anime-original ending will be much-much worse. I doubt we'll get more than 13 eps. And even if miracle happens I don't see how with current tempo manga will get to better stopping point. Ch. 30 at least has some sort of conclusion. Calling it "open ending" is wrong. It's an ending for the first arc of the story. And it fits as ending point for S1. If anime will bomb and we won't get an S2, it's not a reason to make an ass-pull anime-original one. And there's no better place to stop for now.
Old 2015-06-02, 21:08   Link #73
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Anime-original ending will be much-much worse. I doubt we'll get more than 13 eps. And even if miracle happens I don't see how with current tempo manga will get to better stopping point. Ch. 30 at least has some sort of conclusion. Calling it "open ending" is wrong. It's an ending for the first arc of the story. And it fits as ending point for S1. If anime will bomb and we won't get an S2, it's not a reason to make an ass-pull anime-original one. And there's no better place to stop for now.
It really depends on the situation. Sometimes, anime production teams will go for an original ending because 1) the original source material is still ongoing, and 2) there is actually a storyarch that the production feel like it isn't worth adapting.

Spoiler for Example: Akame Ga Kill:

That being said, with Gakkou Gurashi, I'm not sure if the anime will go with an original ending or end somewhere in the manga. Considering the fact that the manga is still ongoing and there is any good ending point in the manga that will not leave an "open ending", I'd say an original ending is more likely. However, if they are going to follow the manga faithfully and end somewhere that wouldn't be an "open ending", I think it'll be a good approach as well since I don't recall anything controversial that opt the production team to do something original (it's about cute fucking highschool girls trying to fucking survive in the zombie apocalypse).
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Old 2015-06-03, 10:03   Link #74
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

A lot of people (but I'm not among them) is very dissatisfied with Akame ga Kill ending.

The thing is that manga has a good stopping point for the first season and I don't get people who think it's a bad idea to stop there. While the new arc is still not even in the middle so trying to get some anime-original development from it will be a bad idea. And if the anime will be 1-cour than it will be just stupid.
Old 2015-06-03, 18:31   Link #75
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I should clarify since I worded myself badly in my earlier posts. This show absolutely needs a second season as there is not enough space in one season to get to the point where the manga currently is. The heli incident is indeed a good ending point for s1.

If however it only gets mediocre success and therefore no second season, I'd rather have an original ending than having the show stop at that point and leaving everything unanswered.

Hopes are on getting a second season.
Old 2015-06-05, 04:42   Link #76
Marina2

Update

The last two character slots are revealed now

http://www.gakkougurashi.com/chara/kei.html
http://www.gakkougurashi.com/chara/other.html

Also, based on google translation, look like there will be the pre-screnning on 4 July. (need confirmation)
http://www.gakkougurashi.com/news/index00150000.html
Old 2015-06-05, 08:31   Link #77
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't remember any of these new faces. Heck I don't even remember seeing the dog in the scanlated chapters.
Old 2015-06-05, 10:03   Link #78
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I don't remember any of these new faces. Heck I don't even remember seeing the dog in the scanlated chapters.
The dog has entire chapter focus on it. Other people are side characters who appears in some chapters.
Old 2015-06-05, 10:33   Link #79
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yes, the dog had a full chapter. And Kei is Miki's former best friend. Although I don't remeber this episodic charas
Old 2015-06-05, 12:05   Link #80
DiabloCthulhu

I remember when a woman in glasses, a man in a suit and a guy in shorts appeared but who the hell is that girl on the left? Don't remember her appearing at all.

Quote:
Although I don't remeber this episodic charas
I can remind you through the PM (because I think telling the number of chapters and who these characters are would be considered spoilers) in which chapters they appeared :V
Closed Thread

Tags
all-girl ensemble, apocalypse, manga time kirara, moe-zom-com, school life