Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 18:20   Link #81
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
Gundam Ridiculous Pictures Discussion Thread.
With the number of pages that thread had (~250), you really need the archive view to make it doable. Here is the non archive view via MSN, I can't find the archive version on any of them... sorry.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:23   Link #82
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

You guys got owned good. It's like suddenly all the trolls you've banned from the forums banded together and raped your server. Either that or it was the lolicons. Better luck next year, I guess.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:41   Link #83
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

Also is the forum still vulnerable to the worm that orginally brought the site down?
Old 2005-12-18, 18:59   Link #84
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ChanF
Also is the forum still vulnerable to the worm that orginally brought the site down?
It was a (black hat) hacker, not a worm. (Cracker is the WRONG term for this.) And maybe.. depends if you believe babelfish's translation of mb81's post.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:59   Link #85
crystar
*yawns*

Wow, I can't believe I only have 8 posts (9 with this one) since the time I joined in 2004 to January 2005. I must had been some lurker. Anyway, I'm happy that Animesuki forums is back up. For the short time it was down I was already suffering from the lack of asuki forums syndrome (aka I was bored to death) since I had no other forums that I liked a lot to go to and nothing else to do in my spare time.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:04   Link #86
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

98 points of reputation...

Ah well, it's just an Internet forum.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:11   Link #87
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
98 points of reputation...

Ah well, it's just an Internet forum.
I know how you feel. It hit us all. I lost 341 Rep points, a thread full of avatars and basically my entire AnimeSuki existence, but really it's the people and chat that make this forum so unique. A lot of us will be starting over together, but hey...if it was fun the first time I'm sure it'll be twice as fun the second time around.

Politeness > Brevity. Cheers.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:12   Link #88
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Yup. Everyone's back to square one, so let's get moving!

With that in mind, if anyone needs a thread archived from Google but doesn't have hosting, send me a PM and I'll upload it to some space I have.

Google keywords: site:forums.animesuki.com inurl:archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Don't fear, I have a copy of it. It hasn't been posted yet because kj1980 might have a more complete version. Plus, if I post it... he won't be able to maintain it anymore
kj1980 said on IRC that he didn't back up most of his long posts, but I have some and I will try to retrieve the rest.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:42   Link #89
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Glad to see the forum is back up. It sucks that all the posts in 2005 are lost tho.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:43   Link #90
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

the fourm is looking more and more like the old AS fourms. Great jobs admins
Old 2005-12-18, 20:03   Link #91
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
kj1980 said on IRC that he didn't back up most of his long posts, but I have some
This one might be different as he was in contact with the staff about it quite a bit? In any case... I believe I have the version just before we last re-locked the thread, he can rebuild with it if needed. Anything you can add would be great!
Old 2005-12-18, 20:13   Link #92
ramune

Good to see the forum is up again. Great job admins.

Too bad the whole Spring Banner contest is gone, and I'll miss all the nice wallpapers and setup in the Desktop thread.
Old 2005-12-18, 20:18   Link #93
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
Good to see the forum is up again. Great job admins.

Too bad the whole Spring Banner contest is gone, and I'll miss all the nice wallpapers and setup in the Desktop thread.
Yeah, but we had that Spring banner going into Summer, Fall, and Winter, I'm sad we lost the karaoke comps . Those were the most fun part of AnimeSuki for me (well, besides downloading anime, obviously)
Old 2005-12-18, 20:27   Link #94
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Wow, this is like the forum crash of 03 all over again...I guess someone decided it was time to have a 2nd year anniversary -_- (although a month or so late)

*sigh* all those wonderful pictures in the post a photo thread lost and my 2 green boxes were taken down to 1 again...I guess now's a better time then any to aim for red instead of green
Old 2005-12-18, 20:28   Link #95
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
3) We think alike...except I think GSD is so infamous that it doesn't really matter if the forum is gone, everybody knows how bad it was in the end anyways...the TRUE loss is the RIDICULOUS PICS DISCUSSION THREAD 5000+ posts of sheer brilliance and humour now lost...the amount of effort that went into that thread is greater than all other threads on asuki (yeah the Rate Ava/Sig thread was longer...but that was just ratings)... *prays somebody saved all the images*
Try as I might, it doesn't look like more than a dozen or so pages of the Ridiculous Picture Thread can be saved. >.>;

Resurrecting that thread in it's entirety is, truthfully, impossible. Then again, perhaps it is for the best as I was going to close it anyway since it was so large the vB software wouldn't allow it to be moderated anymore. ^^; In any case, there is now Part Deux so the world will eventually return to normal.

On a personal note, my avatar has been lost. ;_;
Old 2005-12-18, 20:33   Link #96
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
I joined in the middle of 2005, so my old account is gone, without a trace. Fortunately I got my username back, which is good, since I use the same one on almost every forum. I think that I'm going to take the opportunity to be a little more active than I was - I like this forum, but somehow I never got into posting on it much...
Old 2005-12-18, 20:34   Link #97
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Yeah, but we had that Spring banner going into Summer, Fall, and Winter, I'm sad we lost the karaoke comps . Those were the most fun part of AnimeSuki for me (well, besides downloading anime, obviously)
Yeah, the karacomps are really the main topic I talk about here on the forum. Good thing we finished the latest karacomp before this happened or it could have been worse.
Old 2005-12-18, 20:35   Link #98
Mangaka-chan

This is so weird. Maybe it was a good thing I joined in October so I didn't loose too much stuff but heck, this gave me a chance to change my screen name The old one I had to use because this current one was taken when I first registered before the hacking incident. It's sad though that the threads about the more recent animes will have to be either built up again or else start from scratch.
Old 2005-12-18, 20:39   Link #99
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
On a personal note, my avatar has been lost. ;_;
I'll miss your simple avatar, I always did like it (actually, more than anything else, I just identified you with it). I just realized, all the discussion on the Full Moon thread is gone, too .
Old 2005-12-18, 20:46   Link #100
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I hate who did this...depraved imp!!! I can't stand him!!! Good work to get things back together...I hope at some point people can be given their reputation and join date back...I joined in jan and was coming up on my 1 year anniversary...Now i think it'll be my target date for killing this hacker...