AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 41 18.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 13.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 10.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 13.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 5.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 12.11%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-23, 15:20   Link #81
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Okay...bracing myself...here we go.

Spoiler for finale review:

That was...more of a disappointment than 24. And somehow I was still holding out hope that it would be just a little better than that, my lowest-rated episode of the series (if only because I didn't start reviewing until after episode 11). I just...I'm raging so much that I can't even effectively put it into words. But what's it matter...the collective VN population has pretty much spoken for my feelings anyways, since before this episode actually aired. I don't really have anything new to say about it. The preview for this episode was better than the episode itself. That's not right. That's just not right, DEEN. Damn you all. Learn your lesson already...please, let there be no season 2, unless by some astronomical chance another studio picks it up. I don't care if they reanimate all of the first series, just let someone else animate (or at least replace Chiaki Kon in) Chiru, or let it not be animated at all...

4/10. And I'm being generous, because the voice acting was well-done, as always. As for you, Studio DEEN, ハブ・ア・ナイス・ドリーム。 シー・ユー・イヌ・ヘル。

Soooo...what's the status on that EP5 patch, Witch-Hunt? I need a nice Christmas present to wash the foul taste of this episode out of my mouth ^^;
Old 2009-12-23, 15:35   Link #82
Raneh
Storyteller

Far better than I expected. Especially the voice acting was superb!
The only scene I felt was a bit off was when Beato was impaled before the final riddle. When she said "it hurts" and asked Battler to end it she didn't sound humble at all. I know it's difficult to speak when your mouth is full of blood but she sounded a bit angry/frustrated and not sad in my opinion.

Still giving it 9/10, great episode.
Old 2009-12-23, 15:40   Link #83
chronotrig

I'm sorry to you people who rated this highly, but what Deen did in this episode is outrageously sloppy. I lack the words to properly describe it.

Spoiler for just the most important part of the series:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-23, 15:47   Link #84
Skreecher

Well it took me until the last episode to learn to watch the episodes before reading the comments in the forum here.
That said, I really like this episode. I really do think they pulled it off well with the amount of time they had left.
I really do hope *someone* animates chiru. Whether it be deen or someone else. (Don't bother arguing me with this)
Old 2009-12-23, 15:47   Link #85
Tsuyi

After this episode finished I was like, "That was it?" lol...

Spoiler for My thoughts:

Lambda and Bern were really cute~ But no Trollkastel D':
Old 2009-12-23, 15:48   Link #86
ZettaiRyouiki

http://hapshack.com/images/1261600035.jpg

nuff said
Old 2009-12-23, 15:48   Link #87
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
i will just leave this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneH19EzkxE

thath bgm > all the bgm from the episode.
WHAT? They didn't include something like that?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-12-23, 15:57   Link #88
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Why does everyone say there was no dreamdischarger?

I heard it. Not the version that was in the game or the Rose Crimson album, but I heard it.
You heard WRONG

In the discussion they include:

First they use goldenslaugther
Then they use a shitty anime original bgm
And finally Endless nine
Old 2009-12-23, 15:58   Link #89
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
All I have to say is that this episode was awesome!

Watching the anime this past half-year was an enjoyable experience, I look forward to reading Chiru, and hope an anime of that will come someday as well!

Thanks for the episode, Studio DEEN! You have a nice day too~
You are just better off reading the VN, even IF DEEN was able to make Chiru, it would just be a complete failure since they've already screwed it up big time with just Episode 4 alone. I don't think Beatrice and Battlers relationship would even make sense in a Chiru anime since other then the Ep 3 troll, they haven't had any moments together.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:03   Link #90
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaiRyouiki View Post
SO glad I wasn't the only one thinking that..
Also, what I didn't get, was why did Beato fall back and start crying when Maria was all happy when she got Sakutaro back and was all "Sugoi, sugoi!"
I wanna know, because It looked like Maria likes Ange better than Beato, which makes me sad
Old 2009-12-23, 16:07   Link #91
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaiRyouiki View Post
Bwahahahaha! That is horrible! But it's so funny! I was so thinking of something like that too!
Old 2009-12-23, 16:07   Link #92
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
I'm sorry to you people who rated this highly, but what Deen did in this episode is outrageously sloppy. I lack the words to properly describe it.

Chrono, Beato did say more lines in red. But DEEN was so budget-low they only used the red truth sound for it. The same applies for some of Battler's lines.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-23, 16:14   Link #93
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
You are just better off reading the VN, even IF DEEN was able to make Chiru, it would just be a complete failure since they've already screwed it up big time with just Episode 4 alone. I don't think Beatrice and Battlers relationship would even make sense in a Chiru anime since other then the Ep 3 troll, they haven't had any moments together.
I've read the VN... twice...

I think the anime's fine, I don't really get what all the haters are so angry about, I read everything they say and it just seems as if they're trying too hard to make it look bad...

Oh well, I don't care what they all think, I enjoy the anime, I think it's a pretty decent adaption
Old 2009-12-23, 16:16   Link #94
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:

I think the anime's fine, I don't really get what all the haters are so angry about, I read everything they say and it just seems as if they're trying too hard to make it look bad...

Oh well, I don't care what they all think, I enjoy the anime, I think it's a pretty decent adaption
..I like you
I havn't read the VN, I've only seen some parts, and, personally, I thought It was okay, but I like the anime better.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:20   Link #95
Ping

Thumbs up

Quote:

Me too. I played the VN, but I still really loved the entire anime series. I've had very little to complain about, really. I loved this episode. Hell I even loved episode 24.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:32   Link #96
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post

i just want to say that i'm 101% agree.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:33   Link #97
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
..I like you
I havn't read the VN, I've only seen some parts, and, personally, I thought It was okay, but I like the anime better.
You should probably at least play the entire VN before you're able to decide which you like 'better'. Even if you like the Anime, you pretty much just said for yourself that it's pretty much all you know of the series. I wouldn't go into a 2-hour movie adaptation of a comic book I've only read 2 or 3 pages of and say 'I like this version better' - I'd say 'I like this, though I don't really have anything to compare it to'. Not trying to say your opinion is wrong and that you should hate on the Anime like many of us do, because if you can enjoy it despite all that they've ruined, that's great. But you really can't say you like something 'better' if you haven't fully experienced the source material. It makes no sense.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:40   Link #98
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
You should probably at least play the entire VN before you're able to decide which you like 'better'. Even if you like the Anime, you pretty much just said for yourself that it's pretty much all you know of the series. I wouldn't go into a 2-hour movie adaptation of a comic book I've only read 2 or 3 pages of and say 'I like this version better' - I'd say 'I like this, though I don't really have anything to compare it to'. Not trying to say your opinion is wrong and that you should hate on the Anime like many of us do, because if you can enjoy it despite all that they've ruined, that's great. But you really can't say you like something 'better' if you haven't fully experienced the source material. It makes no sense.
Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear enough
I had meant to say that from what I've seen of the VN, I like the Anime versions of the scenes better.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on what I was saying
Old 2009-12-23, 16:43   Link #99
Chocolate Pocky

I thought this episode was done well. Though I think they could've removed the ending song for 2 reasons.,because I've never really liked the song,but that doesn't matter much. And 2, To,ya know, make some scenes longer.And they should've added the Beato and Battler hug in there. And add Trollkastel.
Old 2009-12-23, 16:47   Link #100
Raneh
Storyteller

Although the anime doesn't reach up to VN's level (quite impossible anyway, not fully blaming DEEN for that) I'm glad this got animated. Even with the flaws it had I enjoyed watching it and seeing the characters voiced. Yeah, maybe another studio or director would've done a better job with it but at least it got animated, with the anime around more people will start reading the VN too and that makes the community bigger.