AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 10:52   Link #7801
Skieth

Thanks for the responses, I was curious to know where everyone stood on the idea, although, it quickly became apparent it was one sided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Absolutely not. One of my favorite (if not my favorite) things about Needless is that Cruz does not have any powers, yet he's the main character. Had Cruz had a power from the start that grew with his character, it would've been like any run-of-the-mill shounen fight series. But one of the charms of Needless is that Cruz has to deal with all these problems and overcome them without any sort of power and that's unique to Needless. He's the weakest character in the entire series yet he does everything to help the strongest. Plus the fact that he has no power has led characters to treat him differently compared to other Needlesses. It has impacted his development in a way you don't see in most other manga/anime. Plus, it gives us a different perspective seeing the world and battles through his eyes.
Avvesione you've pretty much described my own feeling on this subject. All too often the main characters of these genre's turn out to be exactly like Blade. They have some power, or fighting ability that lets them overcome any adversary. Needless quickly became one of my favorite series, because Cruz didn't have any of that. All he had was his intelligence, and more often often the not this was how the rest of the protagonists were able to overcome their more powerful opponents. As its also been pointed out, Cruz has really grown as a character, and if he does develop a power, I'll also be ok with this, especially if that power were to manifest in order to save Mio.
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:05   Link #7802
erapath

From this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
he'll become a cute cocoon and gave birth to AnN already dressed and sexy
...and this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
hmm..quite possible.
Should Blade in grave danger and Cruz want to help, Doppelganger can act as glue for both individual

...like Sandwich.....lol....remind me of three some...with eve between Cruz and Blade
it like you're so sure that Cruz will evolve to ANn at level 25 like a pokemon.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:22   Link #7803
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
Thanks for the responses, I was curious to know where everyone stood on the idea, although, it quickly became apparent it was one sided.

Avvesione you've pretty much described my own feeling on this subject. All too often the main characters of these genre's turn out to be exactly like Blade. They have some power, or fighting ability that lets them overcome any adversary. Needless quickly became one of my favorite series, because Cruz didn't have any of that. All he had was his intelligence, and more often often the not this was how the rest of the protagonists were able to overcome their more powerful opponents. As its also been pointed out, Cruz has really grown as a character, and if he does develop a power, I'll also be ok with this, especially if that power were to manifest in order to save Mio.
Agree here. In addition, we saw his suffering when he could not help who was precious to him. and with the development that he has made throughout all Needless , I say that is time for his wish to come true. He is finally mature enough to have a Needless power without that power can change him or better his character.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 11:53   Link #7804
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by erapath View Post
From this...

...and this...

it like you're so sure that Cruz will evolve to ANn at level 25 like a pokemon.
yup! but I'm thinking it more like Monster Rancher, combine a monster to create new one, like how you produce Pixie (human girl+horned furry monster with wings)

Blade : brute force
Eve : sexy ness
Cruz : Brain
------------------------------ +
AnN

surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:04   Link #7805
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

I don't know where you get the idea that ANn has a brain...
Old 2012-01-31, 12:11   Link #7806
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
I didn't even have it?
what more important for me of AnN is she has a pair of curvy boobs , plumpy ass and some "stairway to heaven" hole

damn!
now I'm sound like a pervert

oh! wait! I'm just honest

----------------------

but you know, I'm seriously expecting Cruz to develop Stigmata or Fragments Power in funny way. Like become cute creature first (something like Mocona from Magic Knight Rayearth) and then hatched
Or gruesome way, like his nightmare, (being dismembered by Mengroze) and then re-Assembled by Eve
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 12:38   Link #7807
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Are you're sure? I mean she use pretty well the fragment to kill AC in needless 1.5. So she have a brain...it's just that she is bad with name
Old 2012-01-31, 18:26   Link #7808
yuzen003

^agreed

Blade seems to typically rely on power and usually attacks in a straight forward fashion or when faced with a strong opponent absorb attacks until he learns it then counter attack. When he uses multiple powers he usually stacks them to increase the strength of the attack. ANn used a power with no offensive capabilities to set up a follow up attack, that seems to indicate she has some idea of tactics and thinking ahead. It may not have required any sort of amazing brilliance but it shows at least a little lateral thinking.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 19:23   Link #7809
Soji

^Yeah I agree.
The thing that I like is..that she taunt AC to make her fall in her trap. She not go to rely only on power. She saw that Ac was stronger so she has used a tactic. Something that I dubt Eve or Blade would be so good to use. I mean they show something lika a tactic ...but never like AnN. For them the true tactical was always Yamada.
Old 2012-01-31, 21:33   Link #7810
Skieth

^
I really don't see much of Cruz in ANN. The way she fought in 1.5 is consistent of how Blade and Eve fights, yet the tactic she used to defeat AC is a style that Eve favors, using surprise and ambush tactics. Eve always seemed to be at her best when she was able to get the drop on her opponents, that's how she nearly defeated the Girl squad, not to mention Blade and the others when she was under Kurumi's control.
Skieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 03:41   Link #7811
Soji

Skieth@ wait O_O I not meaning that. ( Cruz in AnN) I was mean that she have a brain XD
Old 2012-02-01, 03:46   Link #7812
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

I belive that any needless+Cruz brain is allready a deadly force since he seem's to know how to use the power to get it's max effect.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 07:41   Link #7813
pir

If Cruz awakened his power will he kill his opponent? He only one hero who doesnt kill anyone.What he wiil do if he win fight?
pir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 07:49   Link #7814
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Well he might go kill all those people who know/made him crossdress...
But unless he gets a little more violent perslonality from his supposed awekening i don't think so... Well he might kill Blade by trying to fix his screwed fetish...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 07:56   Link #7815
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Well he might go kill all those people who know/made him crossdress...
But unless he gets a little more violent perslonality from his supposed awekening i don't think so... Well he might kill Blade by trying to fix his screwed fetish...
Like I said. I think that Cruz is grow enough to have a Needless power without that this power changing its character. At least this is what I think.
Old 2012-02-01, 11:22   Link #7816
Homura7

Cruz is all the opposite of Blade. He won't kill anyone who is a living being. Even if such person murdered countless people, the farthest he would go would be beat that guy to a pulp.

One great example is found when Cruz is assaulted by Mengroze's experimental subjects. One of these bites his arm. At first he is about to smash it to the ground, but when that thing asks for help, he realizes that even if they don't look like anymore, they're still humans.

The only one whom he would truly kill without thinking twice is Arclight. Other murderous bastards would be forgiven by him. Thing is, Arclight isn't even human to being with.

There's a good reason why the name of the main character of this story is "Cruz" (cross in spanish).
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 11:28   Link #7817
erapath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
There's a good reason why the name of the main character of this story is "Cruz" (cross in spanish).
Now I understand why he is crossdresser.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:31   Link #7818
ShadowsAsgard

I could only see Cruz killing someone if he really had no other choice.

In the Third Shelter he worked out where Kurumi was hiding and told the others, knowing it would probably lead to her death - but it was a necessary step in the plan to free Eve from Black Attraction's mind control. Cruz didn't kill her directly but he must have known that her death would be the likely outcome of his plan.

Speaking of Kurumi, I recall there being four stasis tubes in the labs, but only Uten, Kafka and Teruyama are confirmed to have been cloned. And Kurumi's body was preserved by Saten...
ShadowsAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:34   Link #7819
Soji

ShadowsAsgard@ Yeah. Cruz would killing only if thre is really no other choice(or like Adan said).
For Kurumi you might be right. Plus if she appear again would be interesting.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:52   Link #7820
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by erapath View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Now I understand why he is crossdresser.
You've just proved that Cruz will never wear men's clothing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsAsgard View Post
Speaking of Kurumi, I recall there being four stasis tubes in the labs, but only Uten, Kafka and Teruyama are confirmed to have been cloned. And Kurumi's body was preserved by Saten...
We see four, but there could be lots more. Pretty much anyone could make an appearance.

Hmm.

You know, it would be interesting if Nanami and Misaki were to turn up and attempt to punish Mio for going over to the enemy. I don't think Setsuna and Kuchinashi would be too happy about siding with them if that happened...

Tags
action, comedy, seinen