Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-12, 21:15   Link #61
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I haven't watched the episode yet, but is Drake really supposed to be a high ranking servant? I've always thought of her as average at best.
Well.... iirc that was a Stage 1 Drake (no hat) and not a fully loaded Stage 4 Drake. So she wasn't as powerful as she could get. Nero, on the other hand, is Stage 2. The outcome of that battle was pretty obvious before it started. Nero is pretty hard to beat if you are alone. Drake prob had only her 1st skill and couldn't generate her NP fast enough so that was shown as her running out of bullets.

In Fate/Grand Order, Drake is a 5-star servant and Nero is a 4-star servant.

Last edited by orion; 2018-02-12 at 21:27.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 22:53   Link #62
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i gonna say wtf is happening in the fate series?? it's looks like after the loli version we are getting only crap fates, the previous one while had potential it was wasted and horrible in a bad script, now it's looks like the same is happening again another bad "fate serie" just to "have a fate serie", serious if the level of the serie keep decreasing like that on each "new serie" then could much better don't really get new anime series if it's just about "milk money throwing" bad write series just for the sake of "money".
you should really bow out now, you are not going to get the fate series you want here, this is based on a video game rpg not a visual novel like stay night or a novel like zero, it's set itself up for a video game story, hate it all you want but that is not going to change because this anime was made for those who played fate/extra and it's sequels. it is not for anime only watchers as i said in my post before the yours the anime is clearly and purposely leaving out information that extra players know from the game a failure on the anime and nasu's part who is writing the script or has major in put on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well.... iirc that was a Stage 1 Drake (no hat) and not a fully loaded Stage 4 Drake. So she wasn't as powerful as she could get. Nero, on the other hand, is Stage 2. The outcome of that battle was pretty obvious before it started. Nero is pretty hard to beat if you are alone. Drake prob had only her 1st skill and couldn't generate her NP fast enough so that was shown as her running out of bullets.

In Fate/Grand Order, Drake is a 5-star servant and Nero is a 4-star servant.
FGO rarity ranking /= the servant's strength of the actual servant, and a lot of the time they pick and choose some of the skills they have because if they did drake's strength would be determined by the amount of qp you have even when she is maxed out

Last edited by shadow1296; 2018-02-12 at 23:05.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 00:25   Link #63
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
you should really bow out now, you are not going to get the fate series you want here, this is based on a video game rpg not a visual novel like stay night or a novel like zero, it's set itself up for a video game story, hate it all you want but that is not going to change because this anime was made for those who played fate/extra and it's sequels. it is not for anime only watchers as i said in my post before the yours the anime is clearly and purposely leaving out information that extra players know from the game a failure on the anime and nasu's part who is writing the script or has major in put on it
then something is very wrong here, because in a interview was told which this serie not was supposed to be "game fans only", it was supposed to be soemthing which "everyone could watch and enjoy", unless he lied:
http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/#27
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2800079
Quote:
Today is the day EXTRA anime finally starts.

I am taken aback because it took long to get here, but when I look back, there were only happy things.
I've been blessed with several animations so far, but this is the first time it's not an "anime adaption of a game" but a "book I wrote to be animated".

"You can go wild with your taste. Do what you want"

These words that were said to me in the 2nd meeting are the base of "Last Encore".
(And this is how I got my engine running, but since I have no experience with writing anime scenarios, I wrote the source novel-ish book for "Last Encore", and had Sakurai-san help me adapt and adjust that into anime scenario format.)

Through "Last Encore", I tried to make it something that feels different depending on whether you know the premise.
For the people who will watch this anime as their first "EXTRA" experience, I want this to be the starting point where they become interested in the original game and the comics (5 volumes in total, on sale from Kadokawa!)
For the people familiar with the original game, I want them to go "What...?" at the differences.
So people can have fun playing EXTRA after watching the anime, and people can have fun watching the anime after playing the game.
I hope we made something that can be enjoyed both ways.

No matter how much your form changes, no matter how much time passes.
If the soul in the core is the same, then the conclusion will always---

... enough with blabbering.
This is the first time working on something big with SHAFT, but they were very patient with this troublesome project, sometimes surpassing my imagination with how wonderful they were.
Thank you very much.

So --- I hope you will stay with us for one season.
Please enjoy "a unprecedented Fate" by SHAFT.
then something is really wrong here because it not was supposed to be "only for game fans".
Old 2018-02-13, 00:34   Link #64
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
then something is very wrong here, because in a interview was told which this serie not was supposed to be "game fans only", it was supposed to be soemthing which "everyone could watch and enjoy", unless he lied:
http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/#27
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2800079

then something is really wrong here.
he probably lied, it's not uncommon that writers do that, i mean the developer of xenoblade 2 lied about it not having a connection to xenoblade but it actually does and it is a major late game spoiler; writers, directors, developers all lie about this all the time because they are mandated by someone else to say it so they can draw in more viewers, readers, or players, you can obviously tell when they are and aren't lying this time nasu is from several telling signs, having the final boss be literally the first scene, and leaving out minor but important information that explains a character being way weaker then they should be
Old 2018-02-13, 01:05   Link #65
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
so this post is going to be a defense of nero surviving drake's noble phantasm and the fight ending the way it did, not the fight itself that was trash

okay so the more i thought about the fight the more certain things made sense because drake no longer is at full power before the fight started, and i am not talking about it's been a while since she fought, it's because drake and to a greater extent shinji are no longer wealthy during the fight, in Extra there was a point in the first match against shinji that we learn drakes strength is equal to the amount of wealth here and her master have so there is a point in which shinji hacks more treasure chests in the first dungeon and the player races against them to collect them, and what happens here the pretense of the city of wealth and prosperity that shinji owns to a drowned city of death as a result drake instead of being goes from being a high ranking servant to a low ranking one with all her attacks and skills suffering. The problem is the anime does not reference this at all and only the game players would have notice this and this is the anime's fault. but also cements the fact this is a psuedo sequel to extra and not an adaptation of it
Even assuming Drake has a 2 rank down debuff. This can only explain why Drake's luck fails her. Where Nero's luck check can beat Drake. But Nero being completely unscratched from Drake's NP is still ridiculous.
Also Drake still has her terran buff, so even she ran out of wealth, 2 rank debuff is a bit too much. 1 rank debuff sounds more resonable here.
Either way, Drake's NP has to drop below C rank or so for Nero to not take damage at all. Which is impossible no matter how you look at it.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 01:28   Link #66
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Even assuming Drake has a 2 rank down debuff. This can only explain why Drake's luck fails her. Where Nero's luck check can beat Drake. But Nero being completely unscratched from Drake's NP is still ridiculous.
Also Drake still has her terran buff, so even she ran out of wealth, 2 rank debuff is a bit too much. 1 rank debuff sounds more resonable here.
Either way, Drake's NP has to drop below C rank or so for Nero to not take damage at all. Which is impossible no matter how you look at it.
now i wouldn't say she didn't take damage at all, probably no visible damage but drakes noble phantasm did effect her in some way otherwise imperial privilege wouldn't have failed, what happened is either she was damaged to the point that if she used more magic she would disappear or defending against that np caused her to use so much magic that if she used any more she would disappear, but i am almost certain that the need of a mana transfer was a direct result of taking drake's np head on
Old 2018-02-13, 03:48   Link #67
AnimeFan188

Notes for Episode 3 of: Fate/Extra Last Encoregatari:

So, while Saber has to deal with 3 Berserkers, Hakuno manages to take out all the
Police Chicks. I guess that Rage Mode (Dead Face?) increases his fighting ability as
well as his resistance to injury.

Shinji's 3 Berserker stooges looked damaged (note the purple splotches on them).
How did that happen?

Fortunately, Tohsaka manages to whisk Hakuno & Saber away to her hideout, where
she can treat Hakuno's injuries. Tohsaka's already lost her Servant. I can't imagine
Tohsaka selling her servant to the likes of Shinji. So how did she lose her servant? Is
this related to the Archer Statue that attacked Hakuno back in Episode 1?

Note that Hakuno seems to have memories of being killed in several places and in
several ways. Maybe he is just a being of rage/frustration.

While Hakuno & Saber go to duke it out with Shinji, Tohsaka demonstrates that she
has an enhanced combat mode of her own that allows her to take on 3 Berserkers at
once. Even without a servant, she's still pretty badass.

When they reach the top of the school building, Hakuno & Saber notice a bunch of
Snowflake/Masters drifting down from the sky and disintegrating. Are these the
remains of the masters that are supposed to be living comfortably in Shinji's
"paradise"? Or are they all that's left of masters that were defeated on the upper
levels?

We also see a flashback where Shinji and his servant defeat another master with an
Astronaut servant. Which servant was that?

When Shinji prepares to take on Hakuno, he summons a huge wall around the area
and floods it, trashing the city he built. Did this kill off any of the masters living in the
city, or had they already been turned into snowflakes earlier?

Note that Shinji's servant is a female Rider class with long purple hair. Hmmmm.
Why does that seem familiar?

Rider says that if Saber gets hit, she'll be blown to pieces. But even though she
*does* get hit, Saber is still able to fight. Rider ends up having her pistols
malfunction and she ends up getting one-shotted by Saber. The whole fight seemed
rather lackluster. Hopefully future battles will be more interesting.

Note that Rider's true name was Francis Drake. Another gender-bent historical figure.

In an uncharacteristic show of devotion, Shinji goes down with his servant. So, are all
the masters in Shinji's city dead snowflakes? Or will they have to make a living in the
wrecked remains of the city?

Well, it looks like the Hakuno, Saber & Tohsaka get to travel to the next floor.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 05:51   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actually really curious about Shinji's rather evident change in personality compared to the source material, especially when he was on the verge of death. In Extra...

Spoiler for Extra spoilers:

In this continuity he comes off as the polar opposite of his original characterization.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 16:14   Link #69
Wandering Soul

^Seems like they wanted to to give us a more sympathetic and less scummy version of Shinji.
Old 2018-02-14, 06:40   Link #70
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
he probably lied, it's not uncommon that writers do that, i mean the developer of xenoblade 2 lied about it not having a connection to xenoblade but it actually does and it is a major late game spoiler; writers, directors, developers all lie about this all the time because they are mandated by someone else to say it so they can draw in more viewers, readers, or players, you can obviously tell when they are and aren't lying this time nasu is from several telling signs, having the final boss be literally the first scene, and leaving out minor but important information that explains a character being way weaker then they should be
Blatant spoilers for a game that's barely been out for three months aside, I don't think he lied. It's perfectly possible to enjoy this show if you haven't played the game. It does not guarantee that you will enjoy the show, regardless of whether or not you've played the game. But to say that you need to have played the game to enjoy this show is, pardon my French, complete bullshit.

As for why I consider her high ranking has nothing to do with FGO. Just two words: Invincible. Armada.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 11:39   Link #71
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Blatant spoilers for a game that's barely been out for three months aside, I don't think he lied. It's perfectly possible to enjoy this show if you haven't played the game. It does not guarantee that you will enjoy the show, regardless of whether or not you've played the game. But to say that you need to have played the game to enjoy this show is, pardon my French, complete bullshit.

As for why I consider her high ranking has nothing to do with FGO. Just two words: Invincible. Armada.
doesn't matter what the armada is called her rank and strength is determined on whether or not she is wealthy, like i said a plot point the anime left out, look at all the anime only watchers complaining about nero surviving the golden wild hunt, but the truth is she was never at her full strength and the invincible armada became the vulnerable armada, and it was left out A MAJOR plot element to drakes character that the game had you spend one of the 7 days before the fight dealing with, so it's not complete BS when such important info is left out
Old 2018-02-14, 13:20   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If I understood correctly, there were actually only NPCs left in the city (besides Rin)? It's either that or Shinji killed them all in this ep. He apparently became floor master by beating who I'm guessing was Neil Armstrong. Not sure if he's an F/GO servant or if they came up with him for this anime.

Rin is rather intriguing. What the hell is that super mode of hers that enabled her to destroy three Berserkers? How did she lose her servant? Or rather, who did she lose against? Leo and Julius are the most likely candidates. She still has a command spell left, so she'll probably make a contract with another servant later in the anime.

Those flashbacks showing Hakuno getting killed were interesting. In one of them, he seemed to be in the Throne Room from Extella, but I don't know how much we should read into it.

I agree the fight against Drake was pretty lame. Hope the next ones will be better. One thing I liked was her relationship with Shinji, they were real partners.
Old 2018-02-14, 13:32   Link #73
Twi

I'm thinking that's not Rin at all. I'm thinking it's Nursery Rhyme masking as her.
Old 2018-02-14, 13:50   Link #74
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
doesn't matter what the armada is called her rank and strength is determined on whether or not she is wealthy, like i said a plot point the anime left out, look at all the anime only watchers complaining about nero surviving the golden wild hunt, but the truth is she was never at her full strength and the invincible armada became the vulnerable armada, and it was left out A MAJOR plot element to drakes character that the game had you spend one of the 7 days before the fight dealing with, so it's not complete BS when such important info is left out
People who played the game are also complaining about the fight.

You don't know whether this was the reason for her defeat or not. That's just the assumption you're making. Unless there's some official statement from the writer or something, it's just an assumption.

Bad fight is bad. That you have an internal justification for it doesn't automagically just justify it to everyone else. Especially since the show has the very important job of entertaining those familiar and unfamiliar with the game alike.
Old 2018-02-15, 03:41   Link #75
devilo96

Exclamation

This is a RANT post no offense for elitist
Go to cirno...check....drake status
LUCK EX
And fate LE 3......drake lose because luck
How the hell the luck can ran out..if u have EX rank luck
Ow man....im not an elititst like kars***i follower...but....the action is so lame..i mean....np after few sec> nero got hit>kiss for mana>take over ship >atack a ship with ship>evade few beams> drake try shoot nero and then lose because luck......
Oh god...they should do better in the next floor
Idk i feel something missing in this batle.....
And yeah how the hell u know that drake is not at her full power?
Please dont make a assumption about it....
U should see the fact that drake have Ex rank luck in the status...but then...in eps 3...that ex luck is so fucking useless
If im the director for this eps i will do this
-show the fight between rin and 3 servants...this gonna epic
-the last few minutes will show drake and nero before the batle anf then make a cliffhanger
And in the next eps..the action just like this eps..and delete the scene before the ammo is ran out add new scene....drake will have few ammo and then nero do a close combat with drake like kotomine vs kiritsugu in zero....after that when the ammo is empty..nero finally stab drake....this will make a good batle animation with the fact that drake use her ex rank luck in the fight

Last edited by devilo96; 2018-02-15 at 04:16.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 12:14   Link #76
GDB

Quote:
But Nero being completely unscratched from Drake's NP is still ridiculous.
Nero took one beam out of the dozen or so that were fired. She also quickly got knocked out of the sky rather than getting pressed back by it, implying it only grazed her.

Also, if you ever played Extella, you know she can tank insane levels of damage via IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If I understood correctly, there were actually only NPCs left in the city (besides Rin)? It's either that or Shinji killed them all in this ep. He apparently became floor master by beating who I'm guessing was Neil Armstrong. Not sure if he's an F/GO servant or if they came up with him for this anime.
He's mentioned in the original Extra, but otherwise has not appeared anywhere. Also, I believe Drake said the Masters were still alive, but just stayed in their rooms because they were bored. So I guess they died when the city flooded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
This is a RANT post no offense for elitist
Go to cirno...check....drake status
LUCK EX
And fate LE 3......drake lose because luck
How the hell the luck can ran out..if u have EX rank luck
Do you not realize a Servant has different stats under different Masters?

Also, EX just means it's qualified differently from the normal scale. There are many skills in FGO that are EX rank but when applied to the normal scale are only equivalent to a D. Mad Enhancement is the most common, but I'm pretty sure there are others.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 15:50   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh like how Spartacus had EX because he still had the ability to speak coherent sentences while still being impossible to hold a conversation with? Not exactly A+ though, since his parameters were only okayish.
Old 2018-02-17, 19:16   Link #78
Geburah

When either a skill or a NP is ranked EX is because it defies the normal quantification, either by raw power or by having special features that it shouldnt be possible on normal situations.

About Nero tanking a NP yeah is pretty much bullshit, considering that a C rank NP is equal to an A rank atack damage wise and Drake NP is A+. Golden Hind power fluctuates depending on how rich is she while she cast it, but is preposterous to think it can lower its power so much that it fails to do damage at all aside some kocking down

Dont mention Extella because its a total Nero wank fest getting plot buffs all the time when shes in fact a mid-high tier servant at best. She looks strong amongst the 3 extra servants because Tamamo is a really crappy servant on her one tail version and Emiya is just a bit above average. Romulus craps on her hard and other high tier servants as Artoria do it as well, not even mentioning powerhouses like Altera that even on her nerfed servant form is OP as hell even without the Regalia.

I like Nero but hell, some parts of Extella were hard to digest with so much Nero wank and making other servants look like mere bystanders on the story. Tamamo was the most blatant example, with her being shafted hard despite being one of the 3 main servants, even Eliza had better and more relevant screen time than Tamamo.
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 02:04   Link #79
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episode's fight is very stupid again.
Like, why is Nero acting as if Robin's attack is a threat, when she was not phased by Drake, whose offense is much stronger than Robin.

And why waste a command seal there?
Nero has guts ability okay?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 02:56   Link #80
shadow1296

Quote:
This episode's fight is very stupid again.
Like, why is Nero acting as if Robin's attack is a threat, when she was not phased by Drake, whose offense is much stronger than Robin.

And why waste a command seal there?
Nero has guts ability okay?
poison is a greater threat here, this isn't about stats in a character sheet here nero is as vulnerable as any human to poison, this isn't a game anymore

edit: and nero is probably more susceptible to poisons do to what her mother did to her in her own lore