Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-08-26, 20:59   Link #21
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by killmoms
Some of us Firefox users don't run Windows, so we have little to worry about.

--Cless
Yup... Though I think there are better alternatives out there if you aren't running windows. (camino, safari, konqueror, epiphany, etc.). Firefox has some trouble fitting in, in a non-windows environment. Doesn't use native widgets for anything and it uses gnome file open/save dialogs in *nix so it really doesn't fit in when using kde.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 21:40   Link #22
molitar

New browser released based on firefox 2.0 made for us anime fans

Well I found a new browser called lolifox and it was created with anime in mind. I really like it and the author has some nice plans for it like full ftp support. It's based on the mozilla 1.8 core and you can find it http://lolifox.com/.

I have modified the theme a bit more by coloring the window white, adding orange scroll bars, coloring the default gray of the history window with orange, and adding a orange background behind the icons in the menu's. You can get my modified lolifox theme, which happens to work in firefox also btw http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...=42588&page=25 post #249

So this browser has replaced my firefox completely and is my primary browser now so thought I would share this information with everyone out there.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 08:28   Link #23
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I've never heard of Lolifox, now I know. I think i'll keep my Mozilla as it is.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 21:09   Link #24
molitar

Thumbs up

Ok I have the answer for you that still wish to use mozilla or firefox but like the look of the lolifox browser. I created an actual skin for it with some improvements on it that I happen to use in the lolifox browser myself.

If you like it and wish you may download the lolifox 1.3 theme here.
Old 2006-10-04, 11:33   Link #25
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
If you like it and wish you may download the lolifox 1.3 theme here.
Small question here just how do you install the theme anyway 'cause I'm totally clueless and the firefox help section doesn't help at all
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 13:56   Link #26
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix
Small question here just how do you install the theme anyway 'cause I'm totally clueless and the firefox help section doesn't help at all
Tools Menu > Add-ons > Themes

Than just use the install button and browse to the jar file you downloaded. After installation it will want to restart but I press cancel first so I can select the new theme and press the use button. It will than need to restart to use the new theme.

I have made an update to the theme though it just seemed to be a bit too much orange in it. So I removed the orangeish background from the menu and made it a white slightly shaded background. I have also removed the few extra icons from the menu also so only the default ones are still there. You can download it from here as usual.

Old 2006-10-05, 00:51   Link #27
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Tools Menu > Add-ons > Themes

Than just use the install button and browse to the jar file you downloaded. After installation it will want to restart but I press cancel first so I can select the new theme and press the use button. It will than need to restart to use the new theme.
I don't have that option in my version and there's no install button on the themes menu.
Also I have noticed that it should ask me if I want to install a theme after I click on the download link not ask me what I want to do with the file and I now know that youk file link starts in a new window instead of the current one (and I'm using firefox 1.5.0.7 if your wondering)
Old 2006-10-05, 07:29   Link #28
Epyon9283
Geek

lolifox is nice but the guy making it is only releasing the dev versions for windows.
Old 2006-10-05, 08:14   Link #29
molitar

Demonix, ok I'm looking at version of Firefox 1.5.0.7 and it's under themes on that version. And the window should look like the one below. It has install, use, and uninstall buttons.

The auto install is limited to specific sites by Firefox for download security. So I usually just right click on most links and select Save Link As. Also this is my older theme snapshot so it says 1.3 and not 1.4 in the theme window so ignore that I just haven't updated my theme yet in firefox since I mostly use lolifox. I also switched to default firefox theme so that you can properly see where the install button should appear.

NOTE: Some themes may redo the theme window. I have seen some very dirty ones that completely remove the tabs and made them hidden and you have to click on the little label for themes. So it would probably be easier if you reset to default firefox theme first than install the new theme.
Old 2006-10-05, 12:33   Link #30
demonix

I don't know why but the install button is missing in my themes menu (as I mentioned before) but I managed to fix the problem by copying the jar file into my extentions folder (the one in the application data folder not the main firefox folder) I just started up firefox after I'd done that and it prompted me if I wanted to install the new theme (so problem solved at my end)
Old 2006-10-05, 13:48   Link #31
molitar

Great glad that you got it resolved Demonix.
Old 2006-10-23, 21:49   Link #32
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

FireFox 2.0, out on 24th, but...

Well, for FireFox fans, http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35284 has a link to the FTP server of Mozilla if you want to get it now and not fight the lag that will come very, very soon.

Let's party! (and o yes... FireFox 2 really feels alot better memory management wise)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 22:05   Link #33
Tabris

Version 3.0a1 AMIRITE?

Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 22:18   Link #34
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Methink I wil try that later on, but aren't they only starting to go public with asking what people want with version 3?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 22:22   Link #35
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Methink I wil try that later on, but aren't they only starting to go public with asking what people want with version 3?
Pretty much. I haven't noticed a difference between Minefield and Firefox 2.0.

I just use it because I like having the latest things. Bookmarking sucks on Minefield.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 20:12   Link #36
Epyon9283
Geek

I tried a minefield build that drew the buttons and stuff on web pages using the native widgets on OS X. Seemed buggy.
Old 2008-02-28, 20:18   Link #37
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I guess this is the right place to ask this since Camino and Flock are built off the Firefox code.
Anyway, I have been trying different Firefox-based browsers over the last few days and was wondering why Camino 1.5.5 doesn't show the AS Forums, while Flock 1.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.11 have no problem at all showing it. Does anyone know why this might be?
Old 2008-02-28, 21:16   Link #38
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
is it only AS or is it any forum that uses Vbulletin?

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 21:27   Link #39
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
is it only AS or is it any forum that uses Vbulletin?
hongfire does and other but i cant remember them.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:56   Link #40
Epyon9283
Geek

Wow the latest nightlies of 3.0pre4 seem really fast on OS X. They fixed an annoying flash rendering bug too.

Tags
browser, firefox, software