AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 14:43   Link #681
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
No, I think Tatsuya is 17 years old, since they used cryopreservation. And she was probably a fiance that Tatsuya never really knew. Or knew for a very short period of time. Perhaps it was assumed that Tatsuya would become the head as the firstborn and they had a prearranged marriage arranged with the sponsor beforehand.
Tatsuya is also apparently very shocked about the revelation.

Then Miyuki being related to her is just alluding to Sati and Parvati being a reincarnation of her. Sati being Shiva's first wife. Obviously Parvati being a huge inspiration for Miyuki's character and background.
Miyuki is apparently not even a year younger than her (ex)brother. Something doesn't add up here. She needs to be a lot younger for this to make sense (with speed up growth I guess) or Tat needs to be older.

We already know that they doesn't name heir at birth, it's been brought up over and over again since the early volumes by different family members. I doubt there was any exception to that rule. If people are going to believe in the Parvati/Miyuki parallel might as well follow the Sati/fiancée one too. In other word, that Tatsuya and his fiancée were in an union of their own doing and his fiancée's father rejected him because he didn't consider him worthy. That would mean his fiancée committed suicide by immolation...similar to Zhou in vol. 15
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 14:44   Link #682
Lord_Odin93

Yes, according to anons who read preview of vol.16 at Dengeki site, the volume started from the school, and it talks about grading and school related stuff.

Well hopefully in a week someone might starting posting summaries. If not some of us could always translate and read on our own.
Lord_Odin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 14:49   Link #683
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Odin93 View Post
Well hopefully in a week someone might starting posting summaries. If not some of us could always translate and read on our own.
Hopefully, we can get somebody to scan vol.16 as soon as possible.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 14:57   Link #684
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Miyuki is apparently not even a year younger than her (ex)brother. Something doesn't add up here. She needs to be a lot younger for this to make sense (with speed up growth I guess) or Tat needs to be older.

We already know that they doesn't name heir at birth, it's been brought up over and over again since the early volumes by different family members. I doubt there was any exception to that rule. If people are going to believe in the Parvati/Miyuki parallel might as well follow the Sati/fiancée one too. In other word, that Tatsuya and his fiancée were in an union of their own doing and his fiancée's father rejected him because he didn't consider him worthy. That would mean his fiancée committed suicide by immolation...similar to Zhou in vol. 15
Why wouldn't it make sense because of the age difference? It doesn't close out anything. I'm a bit skeptical of Tatsuya being older than he actually is due to his extreme(for him) reaction and the fact that they used cryopreservation for the egg/s. There is no reason for him to be particularly older because his father is unrelated to Dahan.
And Tatsuya wouldn't have had to been named heir at birth, just the most likely candidate.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 15:01   Link #685
Abysmalheart

@truealchemist I am pestering about illustrations as no one can fake them but they can fake words as I can't read Japanese.

I forgot but how does the school year go again in mahouka I know 9SC is before summer break and thesis competition is close to winter so I know they have their 1st exam before summer break and final on March or is Feb ?

I am asking this as we know they went on December in the yotsuba mansion and I am curious when 10MC meeting is on.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 15:09   Link #686
amtro
Distro

Abysmalheart, illustrations have been posted already. The ones that are missing are the regular black and white ones.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 15:17   Link #687
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
@truealchemist I am pestering about illustrations as no one can fake them but they can fake words as I can't read Japanese..
Until now, no one posted the text only. They always took the photo of text from the book or scanned it. As far as I know, I do not remember any fake texts from photo or scan. If you are talking about spoilers and sumarries, it is spoilers; sometimes readers accidently add some of their perspectives that can confuse us. The best, we can do, is clarifying it as much as possible with information on our hand until somebody translate the entire volume.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 15:55   Link #688
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
You have no business policing the speech of others.
I shouldn't _have_ to, this is what manners and education should suffice for. Should.

I've always defended Mahouka against criticism from the outside that the story is a primitive Japanese ultranational power fantasy chock full of right-extremist ideas. And the story has indeed been skirting the rim in some areas, but stayed within boundaries.

While marriage between powerful families with strong magical capabilities is certainly part of the story, whenever it goes into the matter of making this a measure of "worth", it tends to be displayed as negative. Think the discrimination Tatsuya is suffering as being so limited as a mage. I do not recall the term "pure blooded" even used in the story (if so, I'd like a reference).

Maybe as a German I'm oversensitive to this kind of stuff, but it bothers me when people inject this into the show. A good Chili con Carne doesn't get better by adding even more spice which doesn't belong there. But fine, the Animesuki Ignore List will do the job when it has to.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 16:43   Link #689
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Until now, no one posted the text only. They always took the photo of text from the book or scanned it. As far as I know, I do not remember any fake texts from photo or scan. If you are talking about spoilers and summaries, it is spoilers; sometimes readers accidentally add some of their perspectives that can confuse us. The best, we can do, is clarifying it as much as possible with information on our hand until somebody translate the entire volume.
Too bad it isn't available on Amazon.co.jp in the Kindle format sadly. Or the whole series for that matter. Importing is an option though, since that cover is gold worth.

Waiting for the book to arrive, sadly that would be around 2 weeks if the shipping is the same as last time. Are anyone else importing it too? And how long does it take for the shipment to arrive for you usually?
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 16:51   Link #690
fujin of shadows

Volume 16 in general

fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 17:04   Link #691
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Abysmalheart, illustrations have been posted already. The ones that are missing are the regular black and white ones.
That's what I mean when I say not all of the illustrations are posted and why I am persistently asking if they were posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Until now, no one posted the text only. They always took the photo of text from the book or scanned it. As far as I know, I do not remember any fake texts from photo or scan. If you are talking about spoilers and sumarries, it is spoilers; sometimes readers accidently add some of their perspectives that can confuse us. The best, we can do, is clarifying it as much as possible with information on our hand until somebody translate the entire volume.
yes,I mean the summaries and spoilers, screenshot of pages from the LN are rarely posted(in my experience so far).
Old 2015-05-03, 17:06   Link #692
amtro
Distro

Tatsuya's "root scanning" is just him observing the psion waves of the target. He is convinced that Miyuki is his sister and mentions it, Maya replies that their psion wave signatures are similar because Miyuki was modeled that way in order to restrain him.

This might've been foreshadowed in vol 5 when Tatsuya stopped Miyuki's rampage.

Quote:
Tatsuya had taken the Psions Miyuki had scattered around and, without any
cooperation from her, poured them back “inside”.
“It doesn’t matter how good someone is at External Systematic Magic, it
doesn’t matter if they are blood relations, can someone really manipulate
someone else’s Psions that easily? At that time they were completely out of
Miyuki’s own control; that’s another matter for consideration, but...”
Old 2015-05-03, 17:07   Link #693
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Tatsuya's "root scanning" is just him observing the psion waves of the target. He is convinced that Miyuki is his sister and mentions it, Maya replies that their psion wave signatures are similar because Miyuki was modeled that way in order to restrain him.

This might've been foreshadowed in vol 5 when Tatsuya stopped Miyuki's rampage.
so is that what he used to see minorou's problem ?
Old 2015-05-03, 17:09   Link #694
amtro
Distro

Most likely. This is how he has "confirmed" their blood relation until now, but that is in no way normal even for siblings.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:45   Link #695
ProxyAccount

I just got back home... and things have blown up.

Catching up, it seems that some people were confused by 2ch.

Reminder: identical twins are not genetically identical--99.9% at best.

Maya told Tatsuya that he is her son, born from one of her harvested eggs. In that way, he was part of that event (Nightmare of 2062). No mention of who the sperm donor was... it might be the Director of the Kunlunfang Institute or Shiba Tatsurou.

It's mentioned that Tatsuya's magic are the answer to Maya's prayer.
(Some people were confused by this spoiler.)

So, yeah.... Maya has never really recovered from 2062.

Miyuki was modified to be Tatsuya's limiter from the beginning.

Ichijou Clan contests the engagement.
(Yeah... good luck with that.)

Most of the Numbers sent a congratulatory note.

Mayumi is feeling conflicted.

Last edited by ProxyAccount; 2015-05-03 at 18:56.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:03   Link #696
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post

Maya told Tatsuya that he is her son, born from one of her harvested eggs. In that way, he was part of that event (Nightmare of 2062). No mention of who the sperm donor was... it might be the Director of the Kunlunfang Institute or Shiba Tatsurou.

Where did you get the numbers sending a congratulatory notes from? Was that stated ?
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:04   Link #697
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post

That's something that i didn't really understand. Ichijou contesting the engagement? the Ichijou house shouldn't have any right to pry on another house business right? I mean he can propose to her but it's not like he's got any saying on it.
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:05   Link #698
Echizen777

Is it confirmed that it will end at volume 20?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:08   Link #699
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Is it confirmed that it will end at volume 20?
4chan is really divided on this and its where this came from. Till we see the afterword who knows
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:30   Link #700
Blarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Volume 16 in general
Wait, why Maya speaks russian? Неужели в России много фанатов mahouk-и?
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy