AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-01, 03:53   Link #61
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Well, I know it's not much of a thread, but is there a chance that you could post a sound effects request thread? I've been wanting to find Gundam sound effects to use for movies, and couldn't find any no matter where I looked.
Even if you want Gundam type sound effects (whatever they may be), I don't see a need to create such a thread in the Gundam forum (or I should say, I don't see the need to limit the discussion to the Gundam forum or for Gundam type sound effects).

Why not post your request in the existing Anime sound effects library .... thread located in the Music forum.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 02:25   Link #62
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

How about a "What would you do as (insert any gundam 00 faction here) to get your goals?" thread? For example, As CB, how would you go about trying to rid the world of war; or as (any of the other factions), how would you try to get rid of and/or capture CB. etc.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:19   Link #63
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
How about a "What would you do as (insert any gundam 00 faction here) to get your goals?" thread? For example, As CB, how would you go about trying to rid the world of war; or as (any of the other factions), how would you try to get rid of and/or capture CB. etc.
What do the regulars of the Gundam forum think of this suggestion?

Two things are required as well. The title would need to be more concise than the above suggestion and an opening post needs to be written to define the boundaries of the topic. Could someone provide either or both.

Sorry but not being familiar with the series I can't really help.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:35   Link #64
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

xris: I'm more of a lurker, but I think Shiryuu's forum topic could generate really interesting discussions.

Perhaps the topic could be: "The Gundam00 Armchair Generals' Thread"

OP could look like this:

Part of Gundam00's popularity is its rich fictional setting and the many parallels that are drawn between that world and contemporary world affairs. If you were in a position to make strategic decisions for any one of the warring groups (AEU, Human Reform League, Union, Celestial Being), what kinds of strategies would you pursue in order to reach your desired outcome for world order?

Your faction has had to endure numerous setbacks in recent months against Celestial Being. Your missions to counter or capture the super weapons have been fruitless, with heavy losses in life and equipment. CB's interventions have made a mockery of your military force's ability to respond and to provide security. Election year's approaching or your political enemies are breathing down your back. What are you going to do now to regain the initiative?

Option 1: Cooperate with other factions. For example, a formal military alliance could be effective in stopping CB. Only with real cooperation could the factions provide public goods, such as a global network of sensors that can provide early warning of an impending CB intervention. Through scientific cooperation, you can together develop anti-Gundam weapons that would tip the scales against Celestial Being.

On the downside, cooperation would mean having to share scientific knowledge, intelligence and military resources with other factions. Your allies could cheat (and attack you when you're off-guard) or free-ride (by getting whatever they want but not contribute). There are security implications as your allies would learn and adapt to any military or technological advantage your faction has.

Option 2: Go it alone. Keep the status quo and come up with your own solutions. On the plus side, you won't need to compromise on your security or expending resources associated with building an alliance. On the downside, you'll have no recourse to any resources the other factions have and you can't count on backup.

Option 3: Renounce war altogether as per CB's demands (surrender)? This could be interesting to speculate on. Who would the factions surrender to? How is Celestial Being going to monitor compliance?

...you get the idea.

Possible discussions could revolve around politics, diplomacy, military strategies, economics and technology (everything and anything that a master strategist needs in his/her toolkit).

(plus the usual disclaimers...no personal insults, etc.)

Last edited by Realist_Classic; 2008-02-05 at 21:06.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:39   Link #65
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Perhaps the topic could be: "The Gundam00 Armchair Generals' Thread"
I certainly like the suggested title Now all we need is a decent opening post.
Old 2008-02-06, 06:39   Link #66
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
OP could look like this...
Didn't notice you edited your post, almost missed it.

Created thread, The Gundam 00 Armchair Generals' Thread
Old 2008-02-06, 07:28   Link #67
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Didn't notice you edited your post, almost missed it.

Created thread, The Gundam 00 Armchair Generals' Thread
xris- Thanks for making the thread! I hope this was also what Shiryuu had in mind, since it was originally his idea.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 01:18   Link #68
Ichimaru

This is what i request

a thread listing the factions, the members belonging to those factions, the observers

everytime i watch, i keep on forgetting there names, cause theres just to many characters
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 01:26   Link #69
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
This is what i request

a thread listing the factions, the members belonging to those factions, the observers

everytime i watch, i keep on forgetting there names, cause theres just to many characters
List of Anno Domini characters
List of Anno Domini factions

While info on wikipedia can be wrong, they should still suffice as a general guide. I hope that helps.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 11:15   Link #70
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
xris- Thanks for making the thread! I hope this was also what Shiryuu had in mind, since it was originally his idea.
Yeah, that's fine.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 17:29   Link #71
Divinegundam

Can we get a thread for Gundam Music videos i do a lot and would like to share them and see what other people have.

****Forget i found it haha*****

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 13:26   Link #72
Divinegundam

A thread for Gundam 00 videos

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 14:35   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I don't think there is any need for specifically Gundam 00 videos thread. We have the general Gundam Music Videos thread; it should be completely sufficient for any videos you want to post, especially since the thread is as underused as it is.
Old 2008-02-22, 21:55   Link #74
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This is not a new thread request, but a request to rename the Gundam 00P and Gundam 00F thread to include Gundam 00V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Since there isn't a thread for 00V, I'll post related material here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
We typically post 00V stuff in the News and Discussion section, where we've already posted the Throne Eins Turbulenz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
00V can go in here since we already released it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
You might want to get the topic title changed to include it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I would if I could... :S
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 23:18   Link #75
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
If at all possible, I'd like the title to read:

[Gundam 00] Sidestory Discussion

そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 03:15   Link #76
xris
Just call me Ojisan

How about [Gundam 00F/P/V] Sidestory Discussion, woiuld that be suitable.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:22   Link #77
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

As long as it covers all three, why not, and also gives a good idea of which sidestories the thread covers.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 08:45   Link #78
Terra

Recently we've been getting a lot of rumours posted in the Gundam 00 discussion and news topic. Would it be possible for a completely seperate topics for rumours as there are people like me who'd rather not know about these rumours but can't avoid them because they're being posted so freely in the topic which is also used to post official information from the official site and magazine summeries/interviews which I want to read. Either that or could some guidelines be put down that all rumours and discussion of those rumours be posted under spoilers tags for people who don't want to read them?
Old 2008-02-29, 02:54   Link #79
KiraJesusYamato

seems better but all inspoiler ags might not be suitable.. making a stickied thread for these spoilers and such etc.

should sticky the spoilers . after sticking tha make the rumor thread and sticky i.. and if stuff are in spoilers they wil still be chated about.. best avoid spoiler threads.. they spoil...
KiraJesusYamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 05:32   Link #80
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Recently we've been getting a lot of rumours posted in the Gundam 00 discussion and news topic. Would it be possible for a completely seperate topics for rumours as there are people like me who'd rather not know about these rumours but can't avoid them because they're being posted so freely in the topic which is also used to post official information from the official site and magazine summeries/interviews which I want to read. Either that or could some guidelines be put down that all rumours and discussion of those rumours be posted under spoilers tags for people who don't want to read them?
I am not sure how much of a problem (if any) this poses ... i mean - why venture inside what is essentially a spoiler thread if you don't want to be spoiled ? Magazine interviews / summaries are also "rumors" to some degree until we see that confirmed in the show. Though i see where you are coming from i question if there is anything much to gain by splitting the existing thread depending on the "source" of the rumors, as i see this as a technical difference, not an actual problem.