AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-11-20, 06:40   Link #501
Jeffrey Ruebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
If it follows the manga the following two are Himes:

Spoiler:

can you pm me are post where to get the manga.
Jeffrey Ruebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 06:49   Link #502
wao
OK.

Whoa, dreamless, that looks awesome!

You're completely right, Natsuki REALLY needs a power upgrade I feel really sorry for her. She's getting totally shunned. Perhaps because she is most distant from the 1st Division? Or is she really hiding a lot of her power? (I REALLY hope she's not as weak as it seems)...
Old 2004-11-20, 08:56   Link #503
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Episode 8 Opinions and Thoughts
Spoiler:

The manga is different from the anime,
Spoiler for Manga differences:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 15:31   Link #504
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Wow. Mai-Hime seems to have quite an enormous fanbase.

What would be a fan's opinion of what distinguishes this from any other magical girl anime series? I mean, just as a question.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 15:39   Link #505
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

If anyone has high quality scans of Mai-Hime, send me a PM please. The only scans I've seen so far are small and really poor quality, which makes the kind hard to work with if you know what I mean....
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 15:41   Link #506
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
What would be a fan's opinion of what distinguishes this from any other magical girl anime series? I mean, just as a question.
It's much more action-oriented than your average magical-girl show. And there isn't any transformation scene (minus Midori... lol ).

In fact I never thought about MH as a magical girl show until your question, but much more as a kind of girls-only "Scryed", with lots of funs and interesting characters.

I mean, Mikoto for example... sure neko-girls are maybe a little overused, especially this season, but how could you not laught when she goes on rampage ? ^^
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 15:47   Link #507
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

completely agree, I think Mai-HiME so far looks more or less a shounen hot blood fighting show, just replace the shounen part with shoujo but then I guess maybe one can say that shows like Saint Seiya, Dragonball and Scryed are "magical boy shows"?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:10   Link #508
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
but then I guess maybe one can say that shows like Saint Seiya, Dragonball and Scryed are "magical boy shows"?
It's true that St Seiya *does* features transformations...
I should really block this mental image of Seiya or San Goku in sailor-fuku, or else I'm going to have nightmares, this night...
Old 2004-11-20, 16:23   Link #509
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just watched episode 8.

これはすげえだぞ!!!もう一人のひめはみゆじゃなく、そのバイーとの女の子だと!信じられないぞ。そして 、あのみゆ奴とは機械人形。。。か?あいつはひめの敵かな。彼氏を死んだ時、俺は吃驚した!それに、舞はか んざきに告白とはときに思いがけない。舞とたての関係を応援するぞ。次回はせっかくの水着ビーチだ!わい、 わい!
Old 2004-11-20, 16:30   Link #510
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I just watched episode 8.

これはすげえだぞ!!!もう一人のひめはみゆじゃなく、そのバイーとの女の子だと!信じられないぞ。そして 、あのみゆ奴とは機械人形。。。か?あいつはひめの敵かな。彼氏を死んだ時、俺は吃驚した!それに、舞はか んざきに告白とはときに思いがけない。舞とたての関係を応援するぞ。次回はせっかくの水着ビーチだ!わい、 わい!
Your Japanese is weird.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:38   Link #511
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

any kind of a plot developing anytime soon?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:44   Link #512
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

and the legendary otaku kj1980 says his catch phrase in the mai hime forums... care to translate?

and as for the "magical girl" question, sure Mai hime looks like a mahou shoujo, but it's fulled with ecchi and it's by sunrise, so i woudn't put it under that genre. More like comedy, drama, romance, school, superpowers..

gawd i want to kill nagi...
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:54   Link #513
Mentar
Banned

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the plot development in Mai Hime. The story is told bit by bit, at a very nice pace.

But to answer your question - yes, MAJOR plot development in the second half of Ep8.

PS: Why do you want to kill Nagi? Did you watch ep8 yet? If anything, this episode proved that he is _not_ just a coldhearted smart aleck.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 17:01   Link #514
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
and the legendary otaku kj1980 says his catch phrase in the mai hime forums... care to translate?

Well I will translate what I was trying to say then.

Spoiler for Ep 8:

And in response to kj:
俺はただの外人だよ!かんべしてくれよ。
Old 2004-11-20, 17:15   Link #515
Spuffy
オウカ~

About it being like a magical girl show. Sure it has some elements that are similar but it adds enough more original parts and hardly following the "classic" rules of magical girl shows thus making it something of it's own.

You could also say it's like Digimon with the difference that the 'trainers' also participate in the fights.
For some reason I love the materializing scenes of the CHILDs, how it's done different for each of them. I really like when Kagutsuchi shows up. Then again, I loved the summons when I played FF7 ages ago, and I think they are somewhat similar. Heck, Kagutsuchi could've been taken from a FF game. Organic creature with mechanical parts in it like the two power generators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
but it's fulled with ecchi
How is it filled with ecchi? Maybe I'm not sensitive enough but I don't think it's filled with it. Love Love is filled of it, Najika is as and so is Girls Bravo. But My-HiME? Not in my opinion. It may have scene her and there like the windscene with Natsuki. But please don't say it's filled with it. The comic has more of it though, as can be seen here .
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:46   Link #516
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Well I will translate what I was trying to say then.

Spoiler for Ep 8:

And in response to kj:
俺はただの外人だよ!かんべしてくれよ。
Fair enough...I'll revise it in a more hardcore way (in which at the same time I will be digging my own grave).

Spoiler:

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-11-20 at 18:57.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:51   Link #517
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
I can tell at least one of the people here can honestly claim to be a real Japanese.

But that "real Japanese" forgot to use SPOILER tags, didn't s/he. *ahem* *scowl* Some of us haven't seen everything yet.

So when does Mai-Hime air in Japan, if it is currently airing? Monday nights?
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 18:58   Link #518
Spuffy
オウカ~

kj, that was kind of interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
So when does Mai-Hime air in Japan, if it is currently airing? Monday nights?
It airs on six different channels, TV Tokyo was the first with it airing it on Thursdays.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 20:20   Link #519
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
How is it filled with ecchi? Maybe I'm not sensitive enough but I don't think it's filled with it. Love Love is filled of it, Najika is as and so is Girls Bravo. But My-HiME? Not in my opinion.
Yep, I would tend to agree with you. Even ep 4 which some people said was the epitome of fan-service in anime wasn't much more than another "underwear robbery" episode in the grand tradition of Ranma's Happosai or City Hunter's Ryo Saeba.

Fan-service-wise, I am sure we all have seen worse. Far worse.

Thanks a lot kj for the Japanese bit, it was quite helpful.
Old 2004-11-20, 20:48   Link #520
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

compared to all other mahou shojo shows (sailor moon, ojamajo doremi, nadja, lyrical nanoha), mai hime has LOTs more ecchi than those shows

but compared to shounen anime, it's normal

man i need mai hime 8 subbed...
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote