AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-10-12, 20:00   Link #861
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Yeah, but many do a lot of quasi-legal shit as well, if they can get away with it and the risks aren't too great. Probably Trump, being a total miser, thought he could save some money by abusing the foundation. Nobody apparently gives a damn, as evidenced by the fact that this only got attention after he decided to run for president.

And once he did decide to run, it was probably too late to put the foundation above board, so now people are going through his finances with a fine comb and he has no choice but to take the hit.
__________________
Jaden is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 20:29   Link #862
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
There are 101 things Trump forgot to do before he became the nominee.

There is one belief that he never inteded to get this far.

But there is another belief that Trump never cleaned himself up because he genuinely didn't think he needed to. He even declared that, as PotUS, that he would remove Paul Ryan from being Speaker of the House; something the PotUS explicitly can't do. If he knows so little about how the government works, it is likely he doesn't know he needed to hide his dirty laundry.

Trump just might be THAT stupid.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 20:55   Link #863
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
He even declared that, as PotUS, that he would remove Paul Ryan from being Speaker of the House; something the PotUS explicitly can't do.
Yeah, can't explain that. Maybe he expects the GOP to start bowing to his whims once he's elected.

Surely he knew his dirt would get out...he was a muckraker himself during previous elections.

btw, what is this sorcery?
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/786311585530650624
real or hoax?
__________________
Jaden is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 21:05   Link #864
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Well, the "October Surprise" turned out to be a hoax, so...
GDB is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 22:09   Link #865
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
So far there's only been leaks confirming things everybody knew already, like media collusion, the DNC screwing over Sanders, the deletion of emails when they were about to be investigated, support of the TPP, and that they're at least self-aware of the appearance of corruption. But there's quite a bit of October to go, still.

And the leaks so far have been damaging enough that the Clinton campaign pulled the Red Scare as a defense. It's enough to keep Trump in the race, but not quite enough to give him an edge.

TBH I don't think it's the Russians. Heck, just now 4chan took over John Podesta's twitter. It was probably someone on there that hacked his gmail, too...they're no geniuses of cybersecurity. Could also be sabotage from the inside - that would explain how they got hold of the emails that were bleached. In any case, it's nice to see some transparency in politics :^)
__________________
Jaden is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 22:24   Link #866
Harbinger
Squirrel Master
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
I'm not sure if it was posted here (From South Park):

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Harbinger is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 22:35   Link #867
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
And the leaks so far have been damaging enough that the Clinton campaign pulled the Red Scare as a defense. It's enough to keep Trump in the race, but not quite enough to give him an edge.
With the early voting starting already, this election is essentially over for Trump. Even if Alex Jones assertion about Hilary turns out to be right where a full demo of her turning into evil, stinky reptilian becomes public, she's going to be our next president. The GOP beat that bush way too much for anyone to care about another Clinton scandal.

Now if she does a Putin, and kills a nuisance who tried to get in the way of her presidency (Assange) then... perhaps..... But then again, it's not just Trump who is immune from shooting a guy in the face in the middle of Fifth Avenue and still confident he will retain the crazy supporting cast.
__________________
Kudara nai na! Sig by TheEroKing.
Calling on all Naruto fans, One Piece fans, and Shounen-fans in general... I got two words for you: One-Punch Man!
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2016-10-12, 22:55   Link #868
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
An article explaining the rise of Trump:


"There's this universal shorthand that epic adventure movies use to tell the good guys
from the bad. The good guys are simple folk from the countryside ...

... while the bad guys are decadent assholes who live in the city and wear stupid clothes:

The theme expresses itself in several ways -- primitive vs. advanced, tough vs. delicate,
masculine vs. feminine, poor vs. rich, pure vs. decadent, traditional vs. weird. All of it is
code for rural vs. urban. That tense divide between the two doesn't exist because of
these movies, obviously. These movies used it as shorthand because the divide already
existed.

We country folk are programmed to hate the prissy elites. That brings us to Trump."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/
AnimeFan188 is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 00:41   Link #869
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 29
The New York Times published a bombshell report on two women coming out to discuss Trump's sexual assaults.

It is not the only report today.

This is beyond the pale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
So far there's only been leaks confirming things everybody knew already, like media collusion, the DNC screwing over Sanders, the deletion of emails when they were about to be investigated, support of the TPP, and that they're at least self-aware of the appearance of corruption. But there's quite a bit of October to go, still.
The emails proved none of these things.

Also, the claim that agents of the Russian state are involved in the hacks come from official U.S. government statement, not just the Democratic Party. This formal accusation is a drastic step, not taken lightly. The conclusion is also independently reached by a consensus of private security intelligence firms -- the people who actually know this stuff.

"I don't think it's the Russians" doesn't cut it. Feels do not supersede expertise.
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 00:43   Link #870
Eragon
Pharmercy
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arcadia Bay.
Age: 25
From the stories turning up it seems Trump is, apart from a large list of abhorrent things, a sexual predator. I'm sure his supporters are happy. They can relate to him even better now!
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 00:53   Link #871
KiraYamatoFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
From the stories turning up it seems Trump is, apart from a large list of abhorrent things, a sexual predator. I'm sure his supporters are happy. They can relate to him even better now!
And the worst part about Trump's supporters is that they went on Twitter with a keyword that asks to repel the 19th Amendment after they saw what the electoral map from Nate Silver's website would be if only men voted. For those who don't know what what that the 19th Amendment is, it warrants the right for all adult Americans to vote regardless of gender since 1920. In what century are those people from?

Jesus wept.
KiraYamatoFan is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 01:00   Link #872
Eragon
Pharmercy
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arcadia Bay.
Age: 25
I just cannot believe this imbecile is a presidential candidate of USA. Like I know Republicans have lost most of their sanity in the 8 years of a black man being President but, I would have thought they would still retain some common human decency. But nah, Trump's a sexual predator? Even better!
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 01:14   Link #873
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mans-resignat/
__________________
shadow1296 is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 02:15   Link #874
Brother Coa
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Holy Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The emails proved none of these things.
And like I said before, the e-mail don't have to prove anything. Creating a glimpse of doubt in a situation where there is also not enough evidence to prove otherwise is more than enough to sway people opinion. This is basic politics strategy - divide and conquer. Same like what people are doing agaisnt Trump by releasing his private videos and accusing him for things he said some 15 or 20 years ago.

Not that the e-mails released are not true at all...

Speaking of which...

Quote:
Also, the claim that agents of the Russian state are involved in the hacks come from official U.S. government statement, not just the Democratic Party. This formal accusation is a drastic step, not taken lightly. The conclusion is also independently reached by a consensus of private security intelligence firms -- the people who actually know this stuff.

"I don't think it's the Russians" doesn't cut it. Feels do not supersede expertise.
Feds believe Russians hacked Florida election-systems vendor

Quote:
(CNN) - Federal investigators believe Russian hackers were behind cyberattacks on a contractor for Florida's election system that may have exposed the personal data of Florida voters, according to US officials briefed on the probe.

The hack of the Florida contractor comes on the heels of hacks in Illinois, in which personal data of tens of thousands of voters may have been stolen, and one in Arizona, in which investigators now believe the data of voters was likely exposed.

The FBI, in the coming days, is preparing to provide updated guidance to state elections officials around the US aiming to help them spot suspicious activity on their computer networks. Several states have reported attempted scans of their computer systems, which often is a precursor to a breach.
It seems that even if Trump wins elections by vote of majority, the election themselves will be disregarded because of 'foreign hacking'.

Which in itself is hilarious when you think about it because:

-it would mean that Russia has much more talented and educated people who can crack top level security clearances.

or:

-it would mean that US IT cyber-protection is so low that single calculated cyber attack can shut down entire country and render it defenseless and in chaos. Never-mind launching nukes as pretty much all of them are connected in a network right now.

Giving that US nuke launch code was 0000 for good amount of years I would not be surprised if case 2 was the actually correct one. Which makes this entire situation much scarier than it sounds.

Or this could be a lie and disregarded as such, just like leaked e-mails...

I guess we shall see, only 26 more days left before the final decision.
Brother Coa is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 02:41   Link #875
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
With the early voting starting already, this election is essentially over for Trump. Even if Alex Jones assertion about Hilary turns out to be right where a full demo of her turning into evil, stinky reptilian becomes public, she's going to be our next president. The GOP beat that bush way too much for anyone to care about another Clinton scandal.

Now if she does a Putin, and kills a nuisance who tried to get in the way of her presidency (Assange) then... perhaps..... But then again, it's not just Trump who is immune from shooting a guy in the face in the middle of Fifth Avenue and still confident he will retain the crazy supporting cast.
I wouldn't put to much stock in the mainstream polls if I was you it's already been proven they use weighted data, same thing happened with Brexit they used biased polling to show a healthy remain win and look what happened with that.
Newhope is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 03:20   Link #876
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
And like I said before, the e-mail don't have to prove anything. Creating a glimpse of doubt in a situation where there is also not enough evidence to prove otherwise is more than enough to sway people opinion. This is basic politics strategy - divide and conquer. Same like what people are doing agaisnt Trump by releasing his private videos and accusing him for things he said some 15 or 20 years ago.
Let me get this straight -- you're telling me blatantly lying is omg so smart just so you continue to have an excuse to suck a sexual predator's dick because muh big daddy.

K.

A tiny little advice: the one losing the "optics" war is Donald Trump. To paraphrase certain right wing geniuses, America's electorate has a way to shut down a legitimate rapist.

As for the CNN article, the fucking article you quoted noted that the problem was personal data being stolen, not voting results being compromised -- except, speculatively, possibly to aid the Republican Party's favorite tactic of screwing with voter registrations. Do you even read your own link?
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 03:29   Link #877
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Let me get this straight -- you're telling me blatantly lying is omg so smart just so you continue to have an excuse to suck a sexual predator's dick because muh big daddy.

K.

A tiny little advice: the one losing the "optics" war is Donald Trump. To paraphrase certain right wing geniuses, America's electorate has a way to shut down a legitimate rapist.

As for the CNN article, the fucking article you quoted noted that the problem was personal data being stolen, not voting results being compromised -- except, speculatively, possibly to aid the Republican Party's favorite tactic of screwing with voter registrations. Do you even read your own link?
Democrats have already been caught rigging to steal the nominee from sanders LOL....
Newhope is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 03:30   Link #878
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Democrats have already been caught rigging to steal the nominee from sanders LOL....
They fucking did not? All the evidence pointed to some DNC staffers badmouthing Sanders. Oh the horror, someone doesn't like someone. Absolutely no real evidence of any sort of voter or election fraud. Stop spreading lies.
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 03:51   Link #879
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
They fucking did not? All the evidence pointed to some DNC staffers badmouthing Sanders. Oh the horror, someone doesn't like someone. Absolutely no real evidence of any sort of voter or election fraud. Stop spreading lies.
They did a bit more like screwing up in purpose the debates schedule and shortening voting time at some voting station likely to help him. It might not constitute election fraud but it's more than just someone not liking him when the party's higher up start helping a candidate over another.
__________________
ganbaru is offline  
Old 2016-10-13, 03:56   Link #880
sasoras
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The New York Times published a bombshell report on two women coming out to discuss Trump's sexual assaults.

It is not the only report today.

This is beyond the pale.
Objectively speaking reads like a normal hit piece, far too vague, and the timing seems suspect. It's more believable if they made cases during the time it happened to get a settlement, not over thirty years later, when the evidence runs dry, and he happens to be running for president.

The facebook pages of these two women were made less than a few minutes of each other. Roughly five- six hours ago.

Armrests do not lift up in the 80's in first class, the most likely planes to be used during that time for first class are the 737 and 767 both of them do not have armrests that can be lifted, in order to grab her skirt.

The distance between the seats, and the placement of the armrests will not make it easy to lift her skirt, he would have to be over exerting past the length of his arms, leaning over, and almost falling to get to her dress.

Trump boy flew chartered before getting his own jet, meaning their a small window when it could plausibly happen but is less likely. Only things with lift able armrest in the 80's is coach, so if you suggest he would use coach then it would be more plausible but less likely due to his status.

The reason arm rests fold up in economy class is that the rows are so close together that many people couldn't get out of there seats otherwise. In first class this isn't an issue.

Jessica leeds has the same phone number as the clinton foundation........... which was also located in the wiki leaks.

(this image was debunked)


The wording she used to describe the assault is strangely similar to an 80's song velvet underground. Name one person who would use octopus to describe a sexual assault.

In order to prove her position she'll have to FOIA and CBP her travels, in comparison with trumps. Which she did not provide lending less plausibility of her claim.

Objectively speaking the timing, wording, descriptions, setting are all suspect.
__________________

Last edited by sasoras; 2016-10-13 at 13:18.
sasoras is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.