AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2018-02-12, 11:21   Link #181
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Man, full armored VF-31 has more heavily armored and weapon than full Armored VF-25 and YF-29 combined.

After hearing podcast about movie and if its true, my opinion on NUNS sink even further.
Spoiler for Possible Spoiler for movie:

NUNS let the war happen? Note it was Gramia that declared war because the NUNG told his government Windermere isn't an exemption to treaty restrictions on Fold Quartz placed on everybody. As Grace blew up a planet with it the year before and tried conquer the galaxy thing Gramia wants to do.
Spoiler:

On another note Gramia despite being part of Vindirance as a pilot in Unification War 2 (Macross VF-X2) he didn't understand they don't like supremacists telling them what to do. The enemy in VF-X2 were Earth Supremacists in UN Spacy , Lactence, using false flags so Earth can interfere in colonies and fleets domestic affairs. Like handing Anti-UN terrorists weapons to destabilize the frontier or attacking UN Spacy branches making fake news that they are Anti-UN. In Gundam terms Lactence was the Titans, Vindirance was the AEUG which had support from decentralization faction of UN Spacy such as Max Jenius. Note by 2050 the NUNG was already decentralized and the centralization faction don't like that hence a coup scheme.

Gramia being young and stupid he didn't understand he couldn't win over the NUNG letting them sell Fold Quartz to their markets by fighting them. Even if they won the independence war. They would still be embargoed. Diplomacy isn't his shtick.

There are Lactence remnants still fighting out there like the Zentradi fleet Fasces and on planet Cashew where its Lactence aligned UN Spacy is at civil war with Cashew's NUNS.

Oh yes Ernest Johnson is known as a Loser Dog of a hundred battles because he was merc for the Anti-UN Zentradi group Black Rainbow and Lactence. No wonder he is at the rim as the NUNG is weak there. Anywhere else he'd probably be arrested.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 13:06   Link #182
Jingdot
Hoina!

Please move your discussion about NUNS and Windermere in the thread it belongs to, I don't want to revisit that all over again

This thread is for anticipating the movie (which I totally still do) and talking about the spoilers we have right now so

Thanksies
Old 2018-02-12, 13:08   Link #183
magnuskn

Windermere: Space Nazis, but since they are pretty, that suddenly makes it okay for some people.
Old 2018-02-12, 13:55   Link #184
Jingdot
Hoina!

A lot of people realize the crimes of Windermere, I do too. But, as far as the spoilers go, I agree with JP Twitter, that

Spoiler:

I listened to the podcast too (but not for very long, it annoyed the hell out of me that the girl they had with them didn't watch the TV Version so they had to explain everything to her) and from what they said, I still believe that this will be a very pleasing movie. They cut a lot of the unnecessary crap (for example, like the Uta wa heiki explanation episode and the questionable episode were Elysion, uh, "docked" onto the Ragna Island Ship) and it sounds awesome in general.

It's all about personal preferences and how deep you are into Macross Franchise, but I liked the TV Version even if it had several flaws. People will kill me for this lol but I like Delta more than Frontier. Frontier never grew on me, but I acknowledge it when people say they don't like Delta or call it the worst show out of the Macross Series. It's okay, it's your opinion and I can live with that. But I do agree that calling the movie "the same crap but mixed new together" is a little too soon. I do think that the spoilers sound underwhelming so far too, but spoilers have always been like that for me.

I still can't wait to watch it T_T

I curse JP Twitter for complaining in the hashtags about the sold out cinemas - mind you, but I can't even afford a ticket to Japan
Old 2018-02-12, 14:05   Link #185
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Windermere: Space Nazis, but since they are pretty,
“Ey! *shake fist* I resent that statement! I did my best!” Hugo Boss

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 17:39   Link #186
Mistyclear

Just some quick questions...
Was Messer piloting his plane with the drones attached or was it Hayate again? (they showed it in the preview)
Was Cassim’s fate the same as in the TV series?
How involved was the Macross class in the movie? How many?
Did Arad and Chuck do anything noteworthy or was their piloting skills not shown again (or at least relegated to the background again)?
Also did Hayate learn to fly well without relying on Freyja? Is Freyja still alive at the end (or close to being dead- time running out)?
If you don’t want to answer this on here just message me about it.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 17:51   Link #187
Tak

Oh yeah, speaking of the Big Mac, did the Macross in Delta ever used its main gun? I don’t recall...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2018-02-12, 18:23   Link #188
charles883

Quote:
Oh yeah, speaking of the Big Mac, did the Macross in Delta ever used its main gun? I don’t recall...
Yes in ep 13 as Macross use its macros cannon to attack Windermere flag ship and injured Gramia.

Quote:
Still Windermere
Typical Human supremacist as in the past you said Corrupt branch of NUNS justified to use illegal WMD on Windermere to protect humanity from allow Winderemere to use ruin. Then in the movie, turn out they use illegal WMD for selfish reason such as to destroy evidence of their illegal operation, you still denied it and insist human are more moral one.

Quote:
But what did Windermere do? Instead of exposing these supposedly terrible intentions of the NUNs, they subjugated neighboring planets, attempting to blow up the galaxy, and did things to Mikumo that even NUNs refrained from committing. Oh, lets also not forget those little essays about Windermerian supremacy and how they are heirs to the galaxy, blah blah blah blah blah...
Problem was thanks to corrupt Branch NUNS cover their tracks, spreading false info on Winderemere bomb themselves and Winderemere reputation of entire society is still in medieval stasis, and without hard evidence, no one going to believe what Winderemere have to says.

Quote:
So one branch of the NUNs did some pretty iffy things and therefore it means the entire organization is crap. I mean, never mind that these were the guys who kept humanity afloat since Space War I, and who later liberated the planets under Windermerian subjugation, right?
Yes , NUNS organization are pretty much crap as they failed to stop many of rogue element,atrocity and conspiracy to happen such as-

1. Failed to stop Macross Galaxy conspiracy
2. Failed to stop Frontier and Galaxy Subjugation and mind-controlled of other species
3. Failed to stop and realize on a squadron try to take over planet and use a time machine to change past
4. Allow corruption to spread to branch organization which led to purposely allow war to happen to steal DNA and use Illegal WMD to cover their tracks and killing innocent for selfish reason

Yep NUNS pretty much done crappy job to prevent those incident to happen.

By the way those other branch NUNS actually done subjugation on other species , 8 years before Winderemere do such as Frontier and Galaxy mind-controlled, subjugate and invasion on other species such as Vajra.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 19:38   Link #189
magnuskn

If not supporting space nazis with sparkly hair makes me a "human supremacist" so be it. Windermere was planning to control the entire galaxy via mind rape. Fuck those guys.

Yeah, there was a corrupt NUNS faction which exploited Windermere. Boo! Down with those guys. Nonetheless, since NUNS is decentralized you cannot blame the entire organization for it.

Also, you are really trying to blame NUNS for Macross Galaxy? That was a secret society which tried to also take over the galaxy via mind rape. As for Frontier, aside from the point where Leon took over and tried to jack the Vaijra planet, the Vaijra themselves had been attacking Frontier for months without trying to communicate with anyone and had murdered many thousands of innocents.
Old 2018-02-12, 22:00   Link #190
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Okay, it stops here!

Let’s return to discussing the MOVIE and leave the stupid off-topic politics discussion out (I don’t want to have to close this thread, but if the OT continues, I most certainly will).

Also remember Forum Rule 2.9
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-13, 08:23   Link #191
charles883

Is there any spec for full armored VF-31?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 02:34   Link #192
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
I listened to the podcast too (but not for very long, it annoyed the hell out of me that the girl they had with them didn't watch the TV Version so they had to explain everything to her) and from what they said, I still believe that this will be a very pleasing movie.
Having the girl in the podcast was useful because she noticed things someone who watched the tv version wouldn't have, like the fact they fucked up Mikumo's storyline. The way the tv show dealt with Mikumo wasn't ideal but the movie was even worse.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-02-24 at 18:28.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 10:04   Link #193
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

[QUOTE=Jingdot;6198959]A lot of people realize the crimes of Windermere, I do too. But, as far as the spoilers go, I agree with JP Twitter, that

Spoiler:

LOL
Were we watching the same show? Also "JP twitter" way to be vague and pretend like Japanese audiences liked it more. (Let's not get into implying their taste is superior...) Sheryl hype survived past Sayonara no Tsubasa. It's okay if you liked Delta. It still sucked.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. The movie sounds like what I was expecting it to be, Kawamori and co trying to save face. Hope the next project will be better. Cheers!
Old 2018-02-23, 18:34   Link #194
John117xCortana

Did they say anthing about the 2018 series?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 09:34   Link #195
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Did they say anthing about the 2018 series?
No new information as of yet, I believe.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:52   Link #196
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
No new information as of yet, I believe.
This might not happen but I'm still hoping for Sheryl Nome's return. ^^
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 20:44   Link #197
magnuskn

While that hopefully would be awesome, I fear a Luke Skywalker in TLJ situation if that happens. ^^
Old 2018-02-26, 09:39   Link #198
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
while that hopefully would be awesome, i fear a luke skywalker in tlj situation if that happens. ^^
GET. OUT.

Please?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 17:21   Link #199
magnuskn

Eh, I just suspect that Kawamori would go for maximum fan hyperventilation if he'd bring Sheryl and Alto back. It may be a bit cynical of me, but I think he probably is a bit salty how Delta was not received all that well by the fans.
Old 2018-02-26, 22:18   Link #200
Tak

Quote:
Eh, I just suspect that Kawamori would go for maximum fan hyperventilation if he'd bring Sheryl and Alto back. It may be a bit cynical of me, but I think he probably is a bit salty how Delta was not received all that well by the fans.
I don't know, but whatever HORYFROATINGHEAD was smoking during the production of Delta, I am pretty sure I don't want any. On the other hand, whatever he smoked during the production of Frontier, smoke more of it, please?

- Tak