AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-21, 13:50   Link #2521
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
She could've used them all up; we don't know how long she was on the battlefield for when the episode started. I would've loved it if she decided not to use them, but the order of events and how they're told are still too vague to conclude that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneMika View Post
wait didn't they mention that she used all of them
i also think she not used any, as we see on the start she was on the "beast mode" all the times during the stream, if she was for so long time on that form and could keep fighting alone them she really don't need a pilot at the end, unless she was fighting like crazy for long hours i can't see possible she had taken so many guys that fast before the stream and they just "guessed" she used them they don't really sounded like being "sure about what she did".
Old 2018-04-21, 13:53   Link #2522
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i also think she not used any, as we see on the start she was on the "beast mode" all the times during the stream, if she was for so long time on that form and could keep fighting alone them she really don't need a pilot at the end, unless she was fighting like crazy for long hours i can't see possible she had taken so many guys that fast before the stream and they just "guessed" she used them they don't really sounded like being "sure about what she did".
one of the old farts said she devoured all of them maybe i was not paying much attention
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 13:59   Link #2523
Sacredus

Professor said something like "She eaten them all?", so that was just his impression seeing Strelizia best mode. And since cockpit was empty when Hiro entered it we can assume she piloted herself as part of her punishment.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 14:19   Link #2524
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think it's likely the nines are in some form of controlled berserk mode, trying to emulate 02, but toned down a little.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 14:27   Link #2525
wuhugm
Confused Shark

All the male harem have been "eaten" by 02 off-screen
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 14:30   Link #2526
zibi88

Kinda strange that the hand smashed in such order that it destroyed all the city with the adults but spared the green house, which might point to sparing nature (trees, animals and such) or just luck.... but Ape are crazy to detonate all cities just to open up the gate to the klaxo kingdom.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 14:31   Link #2527
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Well well, false alarm
Of course main heroine 02 will win
Poor Ichigo

Meh, want the drama to go on longer
Like Hiro partnering with a girl from 9s
Since they seem to be half klaxxaur or something
Main girl will always win Japan will rarely have the balls to do somrthing different..
I have only read one manga where the 2nd girl won and its in top 10 romance manga. I am still holding out hope master maid wins in the manga we are waiting for this month.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 14:52   Link #2528
SeaDoor

Well...this did not go where I was expecting. This felt like a last episode.

I guess I will give up on guessing where the story will go from here on and just go along for the ride. Still, I am expecting the squad to revolt at some point...

My strongest reaction from the episode was how much this one reminded me of Gurren Lagann but instead of piercing the heavens they pierced the dome.

Well, will have to wait until next week.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:14   Link #2529
G0rd0

so why were people arguing about 02 using Hiro if she was using him to meet Hiro himself or am i just a heartless bastard
Old 2018-04-21, 15:22   Link #2530
Mistyclear

I read something about what//where exactly the Grand Crevasse is on Reddit. Supposedly it’s the Gozenzawa Glacier on Mt. Tateyama due to it being a volcano (And magma is their energy source). What do you guys think of this??
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:22   Link #2531
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
And that was another excellent episode, honestly this series is getting better and better. A lot of information and developments, where to start!?

Oh yeah, with the most important part, hiro and zero two confessed to each other. Man that was so nice, Ichigo accepted that she has no chances with Hiro after taking a look inside his mind. Goro as always the best bro.

Spoiler for Hiro the madman:

Spoiler for KISS:

Now there is more!
1) Looks like the Klaxosaurs are humans.
2) APE is trying incredibly hard to hide some of this information, reaching the point of destroying their own plantations.
3) Strelizia's usual form wasn't the real one, this new red version is even more powerful. Looks like Dr. Franxx is the one that even after all the horrible things he did in the past, wants to give freedom to the kids.
4) WHAT THE HELL IS THAT HAND???
5) Nine Alpha's squad still has a lot of mystery around them, especially because all of them seems to be using a bit of Zero Two's power, maybe they were experiments too?

1) I had started suspecting this as early as episode 1; that there was a human origin to the Klaxosaurs thanks to their mechanical nature was obvious from the beginning, and once we saw episode 13, the conclusion that humans were turning into klaxosaurs or vice versa was inescapable. Now we have direct confirmation, even though episodes 12,13 and 14 have all confirmed it to varying degrees.

2)with respect to APE, we have some serious "SEELE" shit going on here. APE took a page directly from evangelion. We have lampshading of the actual purpose of klaxosaurs, implications that humans have been "digitized" or otherwise preserved. To quote APE: "Plantation 35(?) has been backed up." There's also one hell of a mythological reference here.

Hringhorni is the name of the ship belonging to the norse god Baldr. It was used as his funeral ship upon his death, which was held to signify the advent of Ragnarok, the death of the gods, and the rebirth of humanity.

5) It's directly implied in this episode that 9 Alpha and the others of the APE special squad are all recovered klaxosaurs who have regained their human selves. Most obviously, 9a has "energy horns" that mimic Zero-Two's while piloting. A more interesting point is that at least some of the positions are reversed in their franxx: two of them have males in the avatar socket while the females do the primary piloting. One of the pilots is one of the zero-two clones, who pilots with 9a.
Spoiler for large image:

As for my own direct thoughts about this episode..................well, it's a mess. I'm a Hiro-Two fan, but the writing and direction were all over the place. I think it was improper of them to start this new conflict between Hiro, Zero-Two, and Ichigo only to have it resolved the very next episode. It felt rushed and full of plot convenience. It's clear that Hiro didn't stop thinking about Zero-Two, but less than a day after she clobbered his friends and he called her a monster, they're back together.........and it's shown that Hiro is fully compatible with Ichigo while they're at it. I can't think of a more insulting way to dismiss Ichigo, to be honest, and it's to the show's detriment; the writers went out of their way to have her force herself upon Hiro in an attempt to prove her love to him, and promising to show him "how to pilot" in the beginning of this episode. Less than 10 minutes later, she's all but forced to roll over and serve as the vehicle (literally!) for Hiro and Zero-Two's relationship. And then of course there's the mountain-sized Jawa-Sandcrawler lookalike, which is just plainly ridiculous. It feels to me like they rushed full steam ahead to get the initial romantic conflicts out of the way in order to focus on the rebellion arc/salvation of humanity arc.

And then of course we have that one moment at the 15 minute mark where Delphinium gets its hat ripped off in the fight with Strelitzia, revealing a very fine set of bright red "hair," only to have the hat back on less than 30 seconds later as though nothing were amiss.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:31   Link #2532
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
7. So we kinda know what happened with humans, they're dinos now

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:55   Link #2533
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
1) I had started suspecting this as early as episode 1; that there was a human origin to the Klaxosaurs thanks to their mechanical nature was obvious from the beginning, and once we saw episode 13, the conclusion that humans were turning into klaxosaurs or vice versa was inescapable. Now we have direct confirmation, even though episodes 12,13 and 14 have all confirmed it to varying degrees.

2)with respect to APE, we have some serious "SEELE" shit going on here. APE took a page directly from evangelion. We have lampshading of the actual purpose of klaxosaurs, implications that humans have been "digitized" or otherwise preserved. To quote APE: "Plantation 35(?) has been backed up." There's also one hell of a mythological reference here.

Hringhorni is the name of the ship belonging to the norse god Baldr. It was used as his funeral ship upon his death, which was held to signify the advent of Ragnarok, the death of the gods, and the rebirth of humanity.

5) It's directly implied in this episode that 9 Alpha and the others of the APE special squad are all recovered klaxosaurs who have regained their human selves. Most obviously, 9a has "energy horns" that mimic Zero-Two's while piloting. A more interesting point is that at least some of the positions are reversed in their franxx: two of them have males in the avatar socket while the females do the primary piloting. One of the pilots is one of the zero-two clones, who pilots with 9a.
Spoiler for large image:

As for my own direct thoughts about this episode..................well, it's a mess. I'm a Hiro-Two fan, but the writing and direction were all over the place. I think it was improper of them to start this new conflict between Hiro, Zero-Two, and Ichigo only to have it resolved the very next episode. It felt rushed and full of plot convenience. It's clear that Hiro didn't stop thinking about Zero-Two, but less than a day after she clobbered his friends and he called her a monster, they're back together.........and it's shown that Hiro is fully compatible with Ichigo while they're at it. I can't think of a more insulting way to dismiss Ichigo, to be honest, and it's to the show's detriment; the writers went out of their way to have her force herself upon Hiro in an attempt to prove her love to him, and promising to show him "how to pilot" in the beginning of this episode. Less than 10 minutes later, she's all but forced to roll over and serve as the vehicle (literally!) for Hiro and Zero-Two's relationship. And then of course there's the mountain-sized Jawa-Sandcrawler lookalike, which is just plainly ridiculous. It feels to me like they rushed full steam ahead to get the initial romantic conflicts out of the way in order to focus on the rebellion arc/salvation of humanity arc.

And then of course we have that one moment at the 15 minute mark where Delphinium gets its hat ripped off in the fight with Strelitzia, revealing a very fine set of bright red "hair," only to have the hat back on less than 30 seconds later as though nothing were amiss.
Ichigo was never going to win and on top of that they did it in the worst way in showimg hiro can now ploit her but he will never care for her like he does zero two. Pretty much burn all hiro love for zero two into her mind... no one deserved that TBH should have turned her down normally like most romance shows
Old 2018-04-21, 16:04   Link #2534
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
Ichigo was never going to win and on top of that they did it in the worst way in showimg hiro can now ploit her but he will never care for her like he does zero two. Pretty much burn all hiro love for zero two into her mind... no one deserved that TBH should have turned her down normally like most romance shows
i think which you are losing the sight of it, he "never was unable" to pilot with her" what was showed is which they can't proper pilot together because of hiro can only get his potential with zero 2 not ichigo otherwise they could not had be able to "fight for a short time" in the test, they where able to pilot but it could not really work in the same way it work with zero 2, then here we get "ichigo" controlling almost everything hiro was more like a "passenger", it was ichigo doing everything hiro was there just to not make ichigo goes beast, if it was a real battle they could had ended failing again because hiro can only proper fight with zero 2 unless he let ichigo do everything.

This episode showed which is possible for "only one side" to control the robot without really need the other, they are only together more for the "energy" and avoid the beast or saurification, but as we see with zero 2 the girl alone can pilot a franxx even if in beast mode.

The whole point of the franxx is to show which you can only achiev your "full potential" only when paired with something close to your "soulmate", only when both partners are synchronized which you can proper use your franxx otherwise you gonna have just "half assed" things like mitsuru with the other girl or ichigo trying to pilot with hiro.
Old 2018-04-21, 16:08   Link #2535
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Main girl will always win Japan will rarely have the balls to do somrthing different..
I have only read one manga where the 2nd girl won and its in top 10 romance manga. I am still holding out hope master maid wins in the manga we are waiting for this month.
Botan?

Good episode but for me even ep 14 was fine, sure the Ichigo 180 turn is a bit too fast and anticlimatic but is better in this way.
Seems another menace is on the way and Zero Two react to something, hopefull we will also get the origin of these blue monsters (possible human failures?) and Zero Two (the mother?).
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 16:40   Link #2536
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Botan?

Good episode but for me even ep 14 was fine, sure the Ichigo 180 turn is a bit too fast and anticlimatic but is better in this way.
Seems another menace is on the way and Zero Two react to something, hopefull we will also get the origin of these blue monsters (possible human failures?) and Zero Two (the mother?).
I see you know of the best girl botan I been into anime and manga for over 14 years and botan was the first time I saw the non main girl win
Old 2018-04-21, 16:45   Link #2537
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I see you know of the best girl botan I been into anime and manga for over 14 years and botan was the first time I saw the non main girl win
Wait, who do you mean? Only Botan I know is the one from YuYu Hakusho.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 16:57   Link #2538
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Wait, who do you mean? Only Botan I know is the one from YuYu Hakusho.
He's talking about this Botan. It's from a manga. It doesn't have an anime adaptation.

Main girl not winning is rare but it does happen. Probably a better known example would be Anthem of the Heart.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 16:59   Link #2539
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
He's talking about this Botan. It's from a manga. It doesn't have an anime adaptation.
is this manga still ongoing or is it completed
Old 2018-04-21, 17:12   Link #2540
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneMika View Post
is this manga still ongoing or is it completed
still on going the final chapter looks like coming next month or something like that.