AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-12, 12:43   Link #1221
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
... just go back to the anime forums, forever. Please.

There are summaries on this thread. Really detailed Summaries. So detailed, even I remember it well enough to write a paragraph. I think, start around page 30 for the details you want.

Log did summaries, Ap1001 did summaries. Other people did some spoilers.
Agreed. It's really not fair for those who did summaries. Just go to the first page and read from there. The conversations in-between are really entertaining as well. Log did an amazing job with the translation and Ap did so too. They are so detailed that, really, you would mistake them for the actual chapter.

Question though: Why is it that the recent volumes have less chapters than the old ones? Is it still the same content-wise? Because before they all had 5 chapters per volume I think. But now they (volumes 3-7) have like 3 chapters only. :/
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 18:12   Link #1222
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega27 View Post
Agreed. It's really not fair for those who did summaries. Just go to the first page and read from there. The conversations in-between are really entertaining as well. Log did an amazing job with the translation and Ap did so too. They are so detailed that, really, you would mistake them for the actual chapter.

Question though: Why is it that the recent volumes have less chapters than the old ones? Is it still the same content-wise? Because before they all had 5 chapters per volume I think. But now they (volumes 3-7) have like 3 chapters only. :/
Well, I think it's because the story is more focused so it might be longer chapters. less individual events happen, but the single events are longer; so It's broken up into parts less.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 05:40   Link #1223
dovelwing

hello!! im new here erm can anyone direct me to a website where i can read the chinese version of black bullet novel?
dovelwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 07:26   Link #1224
Dysprosium
Banned

We should just ignore these people who request for such stuff.

They're just plain lazy to utilize the search function.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 07:27   Link #1225
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovelwing View Post
hello!! im new here erm can anyone direct me to a website where i can read the chinese version of black bullet novel?
Google is your best friend.

No linking of such stuff over here.

Go & read the forum rules.

Thanks.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 07:36   Link #1226
dovelwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Google is your best friend.

No linking of such stuff over here.

Go & read the forum rules.

Thanks.
Well, im well aware that linking isnt allowed, so i was hoping if someone would pm me if they knew?? >n< well, like i said, im pretty new here..woops, sorry!!

And you shouldnt jump to conclusions and assume that i didnt search through pages and pages of google searches to find a chinese translation for this and i got pretty desperate, so i thought that maybe i could ask someone here for help..

sorry for the troubles caused then!!
Old 2014-07-18, 10:05   Link #1227
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovelwing View Post
Well, im well aware that linking isnt allowed, so i was hoping if someone would pm me if they knew?? >n< well, like i said, im pretty new here..woops, sorry!!

And you shouldnt jump to conclusions and assume that i didnt search through pages and pages of google searches to find a chinese translation for this and i got pretty desperate, so i thought that maybe i could ask someone here for help..

sorry for the troubles caused then!!
The rules don't allow links in PMs either. We're strict about that rule here. But now that you know, there won't be any problems. Right?

Enjoy your stay here.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 23:27   Link #1228
FrejaOne

Was there anything new revealed about the nature and origins of the Gastrea?
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 04:18   Link #1229
dovelwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The rules don't allow links in PMs either. We're strict about that rule here. But now that you know, there won't be any problems. Right?

Enjoy your stay here.
Oh i didnt know that!! :O damn i didnt read through thoroughly enough >< eheheh sorryy!! and yeeppp!!! ^^
Old 2014-07-21, 18:42   Link #1230
Dark Paladin X

A friendly reminder that TV Tropes has a Black Bullet page. If you wish to add or remove stuff in, please let me know ahead of time.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 20:07   Link #1231
Preciize
Them Feels~

Any news on volume 8 or additional spoilers on volume 7?
Old 2014-08-21, 20:15   Link #1232
Miraluka
Banned

New release? When?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 20:44   Link #1233
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Hold it... Since it's been a month, we received no words about Vol. 7 update.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 22:28   Link #1234
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
New release? When?
I was asking if there's any news on a volume 8 release. I'm in the same boat as you, haven't heard anything about the next volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Hold it... Since it's been a month, we received no words about Vol. 7 update.
You mean a translation update or more spoilers? Then again, they're pretty much the same thing.
Old 2014-08-21, 23:08   Link #1235
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
I was asking if there's any news on a volume 8 release. I'm in the same boat as you, haven't heard anything about the next volume.

You mean a translation update or more spoilers? Then again, they're pretty much the same thing.
I'm talking about translation update, cause I know that the translation progress for this series is rather slow.

PS: It looks like Vol. 8 will be continuing the current arc.
Old 2014-08-22, 00:16   Link #1236
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I'm talking about translation update, cause I know that the translation progress for this series is rather slow.

PS: It looks like Vol. 8 will be continuing the current arc.
Yeah, I wonder where Ping is. It'd be nice if he could give us a quick update on his progress
Old 2014-08-22, 04:19   Link #1237
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Yeah, I wonder where Ping is. It'd be nice if he could give us a quick update on his progress
Ping is apparently busy engaging with other projects, I assume. And we can't expect him to give updates at those times back.
Old 2014-08-27, 04:35   Link #1238
bebichocpha

This series is desperately looking for translators
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 05:42   Link #1239
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebichocpha View Post
This series is desperately looking for translators
Well, IIRC, most of the Baka-Tsuki translations come from the Chinese websites. That being said, it's getting difficult to get translations from the original Japanese source because a large number of Chinese fan translators and the fans themselves are pretty much dropping this series after the controversy with the NTR plot device thrown in volumes 5 and 6 (as much as I wanted the anime to be a two-cour series covering up to volume 6, I forgot that volumes 5 & 6 was too dark and controversial to be animated, and the viewers would hate the series even more). That being said, NTR isn't the worst thing an author can do to piss anyone off. Depictions of rape, particularly on young children, is even more upsetting to fans than NTR (this is why Urobutcher's willingness to depict rape in most of his works as a source of tearjerker and drama got criticized a lot).

Anyways, here's what I'm predicting in volume 8 in this two-volume storyarch:

Spoiler for theories and speculation:

Spoiler for Other possible storyarchs in the future that the author might have:
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 08:11   Link #1240
bebichocpha

Quote:
Well, IIRC, most of the Baka-Tsuki translations come from the Chinese websites. That being said, it's getting difficult to get translations from the original Japanese source because a large number of Chinese fan translators and the fans themselves are pretty much dropping this series after the controversy with the NTR plot device thrown in volumes 5 and 6 (as much as I wanted the anime to be a two-cour series covering up to volume 6, I forgot that volumes 5 & 6 was too dark and controversial to be animated, and the viewers would hate the series even more). That being said, NTR isn't the worst thing an author can do to piss anyone off. Depictions of rape, particularly on young children, is even more upsetting to fans than NTR (this is why Urobutcher's willingness to depict rape in most of his works as a source of tearjerker and drama got criticized a lot).
Kinda disappointed to hear about the reason! Btw, I don't think NTR is the reason to drop BB since SAO also has NTR, though there are translators who are willing to get the job done . Btw, would you mind to forward me sources which can update me the latest progress of BB?
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko