AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-03-26, 13:26   Link #1801
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

To be honest he probably would have never returned to this series, he had a penchant for abandoning series midway.
Still, the death of anyone is sad news. I wish him luck in the afterlife
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 14:58   Link #1802
SILENTANIMELOVER

This is heartbreaking news. I've secretly hoped this eries would resume someday. Now it'll never happen. Oh, well. Life goes on.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 16:16   Link #1803
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He was most likely never going to pick the series up again anyway, but this is still sad news. RIP.
Old 2017-03-26, 18:26   Link #1804
ghost013

My condolences to his family. I enjoyed Highschool of the Dead while it lasted.
Old 2017-03-26, 20:40   Link #1805
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

very sad news. i just bought omnibus 2 in his honor. it'll sit proudly next to omnibus 1..

Triage X isn't by him. the story and art is by the artist of hotd.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 21:07   Link #1806
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well at least if the mangaka gets to finish this this will totally go Saeko routo now that the author is no longer.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 21:23   Link #1807
AB079
Banned

At least there is someone who can finish the manga, so we're probably not going to have a Kaze no Stigma 2.0.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 15:49   Link #1808
XFire
150% done

Sad news. My sympathies to the family.
Old 2017-03-30, 07:32   Link #1809
n0m@n
C-Z

...I really must be a dick since I'm sad about this series officially becoming dead over the passing of the writer.
Old 2017-03-31, 11:37   Link #1810
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
...I really must be a dick since I'm sad about this series officially becoming dead over the passing of the writer.
not ur fault not like you knew him, cant feel sad over everyone dying its unrealistic. but you were attached to his work so of course you should feel sad that it will never be finished. dont pay attention to anyone who says otherwise, they are clearly looking for hero points
Old 2017-03-31, 12:55   Link #1811
ShifuGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
not ur fault not like you knew him, cant feel sad over everyone dying its unrealistic. but you were attached to his work so of course you should feel sad that it will never be finished. dont pay attention to anyone who says otherwise, they are clearly looking for hero points
Exactly! I do wish his family all the best, but I only knew his work. Not him. If you had told me that Daisuke Satō passed away without a reference too his work Highschool of the Dead, then I would be like.... Okay. Millions die everyday from natural or unnatural causes and we can't curl up inside and feel bad for all of them. Its just not healthy.
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-31, 18:55   Link #1812
n0m@n
C-Z

Hopefully the series will be able to continue with just the illustrator. Having the series continue and end properly will be a good tribute to the writer as well.
Old 2017-04-01, 01:16   Link #1813
Abysmalheart

It finally happened. All the curses on the author finally pilled up and killed him.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 01:56   Link #1814
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Hopefully the series will be able to continue with just the illustrator. Having the series continue and end properly will be a good tribute to the writer as well.
well the artists own manga has gone into a zombie arc already so he should be able to do it, that said there is also the question whether or not the author left cliffnotes for how the series is supposed to end because if not then it might not be a tribute anymore
Old 2017-04-01, 03:04   Link #1815
dark44

even if it continued we well never know the true end the author wanted
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 07:24   Link #1816
Helius

Peripherally related news:

Bessatsu Dragon Age Magazine to Launch With New Manga by Trinity Seven, Triage X Creators

Between this and his own Triage X, not sure how likely Sato himself will continue HotD, if he does want to continue. Although if the publisher, Kadokawa, who presumably own the manga's rights, wish to resume the series, it'll be also up to them to make it happen.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies