AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 17:48   Link #681
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Ok, I just finished watching the entire series and... I'm at a loss. I can't understand what the war is all about. Can you guys help me, please?

Spoiler for 3rd series plot:

Seriously, I feel like I'm missing a large part of the plot, because as of now it makes no sense whatsoever, and I only have confusion in my head. If someone could be so kind as to enlighten me, please do.

Last edited by RedKey; 2012-04-01 at 17:53. Reason: uuh... forgot spoiler tag.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 18:08   Link #682
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Ok, I just finished watching the entire series and... I'm at a loss. I can't understand what the war is all about. Can you guys help me, please?

Seriously, I feel like I'm missing a large part of the plot, because as of now it makes no sense whatsoever, and I only have confusion in my head. If someone could be so kind as to enlighten me, please do.
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2012-04-01, 23:45   Link #683
Mad_Scientist

Rising Dragon already explained a bit, but here's some background info that will put things into more perspective.

Spoiler:
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 12:31   Link #684
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2012-04-02, 15:34   Link #685
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

grrr now i wanna watch 2 and 3 but not in sub...... GAAAAHHHHH!!!! should i watch now or wait til they in dub?
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 01:14   Link #686
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Since I didn't see this cover
Quote:
Spoiler for Reasons:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:26   Link #687
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Spoiler for shana 3:

Actually, I have one more question, but it isn't anime or manga related, hope it's still on-topic in Q&A thread.
I searched the Internet for the novels — I can't possibly hope to buy them raw, since that level of Japanese is way too difficult for me atm, and I could find only the first two volumes in English from a few years ago. Does this mean it won't be translated anymore?
Old 2012-04-07, 10:26   Link #688
Mad_Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Spoiler for shana 3:

Actually, I have one more question, but it isn't anime or manga related, hope it's still on-topic in Q&A thread.
I searched the Internet for the novels — I can't possibly hope to buy them raw, since that level of Japanese is way too difficult for me atm, and I could find only the first two volumes in English from a few years ago. Does this mean it won't be translated anymore?
Unfortunately, if you mean official translations, yes. Or most likely. Viz licensed the series and released the first two novels a few years back, but I guess they didn't sell well enough or something, because they never released any further novels. I think they still have the license technically, but they don't seem to have any interest in doing anything with it anymore.
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 18:26   Link #689
Morisato

I don't get why Shana never had a name. She is older than she looks right?

She says stuff like she's a flame haze and not human so she doesn't need a name (she said that right?) but uhm... all the other flame haze have names. I mean what the hell has everyone been calling then before Yuuji called her Shana?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 18:37   Link #690
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
I don't get why Shana never had a name. She is older than she looks right?

She says stuff like she's a flame haze and not human so she doesn't need a name (she said that right?) but uhm... all the other flame haze have names. I mean what the hell has everyone been calling then before Yuuji called her Shana?
They typically called her by her Flame Haze title of "Flame-Haired Burning-Eyed Hunter."
Old 2012-04-13, 19:12   Link #691
Myname

I don't understand the distinction between Tomogara (Denizen) and Ou (King). Are Kings the only ones that can make a contract with a human to create a flame haze? So all flame haze have kings in them. But how did Spiral Organ make a contract with Lamie then if Spiral Organ isn't a King?

Do the Flame Haze titles come with the King? So whoever Tiamat contracts with is "Manipulator of Objects"? Did Lamie get the title "Corpse Retrieve" because he's contracted with Spiral Organ?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 21:08   Link #692
Elf song

Tomogara(Denizen) and Ou(Lord/king) are classified by their ability to store and manipulating the Power of Existence. Those who have these abilities will be honored as King. But there are also those who seclude themselves in the world without showing their true power; they will not be called Kings until the others acknowledge them.

Some Kings who form contract with human are not "King", their classification is tomogara but in honor of their devotion to protect the balance, they are called "King" after contract.

The title of the Flame Haze comes with the King who he/she made contract with. There are two examples of those who have the same titles with same Kings: Mathilde Saint-Omer >> Shana and Karl Berwald >> Chiara Toscana.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 22:17   Link #693
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Tomogara(Denizen) and Ou(Lord/king) are classified by their ability to store and manipulating the Power of Existence. Those who have these abilities will be honored as King. But there are also those who seclude themselves in the world without showing their true power; they will not be called Kings until the others acknowledge them.

Some Kings who form contract with human are not "King", their classification is tomogara but in honor of their devotion to protect the balance, they are called "King" after contract.

The title of the Flame Haze comes with the King who he/she made contract with. There are two examples of those who have the same titles with same Kings: Mathilde Saint-Omer >> Shana and Karl Berwald >> Chiara Toscana.
So normally they have different titles depending on the person. So the manifested powers are different as well then? Wilhelmina is called "Manipulator of Objects" because she can control those bandages... if Tiamat contracted with someone else, that person won't necessarily have bandage powers?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 21:36   Link #694
Elf song

Flame Hazes with same Kings usually use same powers instead of creating their own unique spells. But if Tiamat makes contract with others after Wilhelmina, that person has the choice to follow his/her predecessor's style of fighting or not:

-Chiara seems to follow her predecessor's footstep by training Karl's renowned ability to shoot aurora arrows and doesn't create her own spell. Another person is Yuri Chvojka (the Flame Haze kid who made an appearance in season 2, during Margerie's flashback) who use the same power as his many predecessors to control insects.

-On the other side, They could create new spells or abilities of their own. Like Shana who doesn't have to follow her predecessor's power to create an army of knights but choosing her own perspective of "strength". She creates her own spells: sword of flame, manifestation of Alastor's fist, etc.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 19:30   Link #695
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

anyone know when seasons 2 and 3 will be dub?
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 20:15   Link #696
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If there was ever a dub coming for season 2. I feel that it should have came out by now.. I think the dubbers probably took the fan's rage on the dub to mind? I'm not sure
Old 2012-04-18, 20:23   Link #697
syke123

Viz had lousy sales with the first season so financially it would be a bad corporate move to do more.

The show already has a NA licensor anyways.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:15   Link #698
Morisato

Episode 12...

If Alastor could just teleport away from Yuuji... why didn't he do that earlier?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 05:58   Link #699
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Episode 12...

If Alastor could just teleport away from Yuuji... why didn't he do that earlier?
He was gathering information to try to better understand Yuuji's plan and goals, iirc. Also I don't think he could teleport away while Shana's powers were blocked by the treasure tool.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 06:34   Link #700
Makall

Are each of those fodder foot soldiers Flame Haze? Cause there seems to be as many fodder flame haze as there are fodder tomogara.

In which case aren't there like thousands of fodder King of Guze?
Makall is offline   Reply With Quote