AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 17:29   Link #701
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

but there was a annoucement saying it was lisenced.... *crys*
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:37   Link #702
Mad_Scientist

Here's a question for those who have read the novels. I've heard on another forum that in Volume 20, when Yuji reveals the Grand Order and makes his two proclamations, things occur a bit differently than in episode 14 and 15 of the anime. I found the way the whole Flame Haze massacre went down a bit odd in the anime, as it seemed weird for Yuji to proclaim that their fight was over and then go right back to killing them. Did it happen quite like that in the novels, or did it make more sense?
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 13:29   Link #703
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

so the eng dub that was made from diff voice actors.....i think ill try it. id rather have crappy dub then sub to be honest
Old 2012-05-04, 19:47   Link #704
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

any eta on funmations dub for season 2?
Old 2012-05-04, 20:54   Link #705
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the deteriorating situation with anime licensing in the west, probably sometime never.
Old 2012-05-06, 19:27   Link #706
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

T-T awwwww
Old 2012-06-18, 14:43   Link #707
vrz

what was the reason all the flame haze's wanted to go to the new world?
why didnt they want to stay in the old world?
vrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 14:46   Link #708
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They can't live without the Denizens, whatever their reasons for revenge--like Khamsim said to Kazumi, when he found the Denizen that was responsible for his uplifting into a Flame Haze, he was actually grateful to the Denizen, and the Denizen grateful to him.

Also, they probably wanted to prevent the Denizens in Xanadu from doing something phenomenally stupid. With the Flame Hazes there, the Denizens would hesitate from doing something dangerous.

Also, they probably wanted to see the God of Creation's new world.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:07   Link #709
Uberchu

Is it just me, or is SoF Yuji actually pretty weak? Sure, in the beginning, he absolutely raped Shana, Margery, and Wilhermina combined. A few episodes later, he's only fighting on equal footing with Shana. I hear that the three were holding back (I personally don't buy it). The only plausible explanation seems to be that Shana was using the most powerful unrestricted spell AKA the power of love, but that explanation seems so cliched and weak that I think there's a better explanation.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:43   Link #710
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
Is it just me, or is SoF Yuji actually pretty weak? Sure, in the beginning, he absolutely raped Shana, Margery, and Wilhermina combined. A few episodes later, he's only fighting on equal footing with Shana. I hear that the three were holding back (I personally don't buy it). The only plausible explanation seems to be that Shana was using the most powerful unrestricted spell AKA the power of love, but that explanation seems so cliched and weak that I think there's a better explanation.
While he has the dragon's tail program and SoF were working with him, he was probably stronger than Shana a little bit, but when that was gone, Yuji was definitely weaker.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 09:33   Link #711
vrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
They can't live without the Denizens, whatever their reasons for revenge--like Khamsim said to Kazumi, when he found the Denizen that was responsible for his uplifting into a Flame Haze, he was actually grateful to the Denizen, and the Denizen grateful to him.

Also, they probably wanted to prevent the Denizens in Xanadu from doing something phenomenally stupid. With the Flame Hazes there, the Denizens would hesitate from doing something dangerous.

Also, they probably wanted to see the God of Creation's new world.
That kindda makes sense, but wasnt one of the rules of the new world that the denizens cant eat humans.

I also find it odd that even the flame hazes that have lost the will to fight were brought there as well.

Another thing is, is the denizens cant eat humans where do they get their power of existence from?
Is it floating around in the air in the new world? i know yuji said there would be as much as they wanted
Old 2012-06-26, 14:55   Link #712
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's plenty of ways a Denizen can cause trouble without devouring humans, I imagine. They have some pretty amazing powers all things considered.

Xanadu, IIRC, utilizes the distortions in the world to generate Power of Existence for free use. It's based off of the Reiji Maigo, which did the same to regenerate used Power of Existence in its holder.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:17   Link #713
vrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There's plenty of ways a Denizen can cause trouble without devouring humans, I imagine. They have some pretty amazing powers all things considered.

Xanadu, IIRC, utilizes the distortions in the world to generate Power of Existence for free use. It's based off of the Reiji Maigo, which did the same to regenerate used Power of Existence in its holder.
ah ok that makes sense
thanks
Old 2012-07-14, 14:13   Link #714
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I have a question. So the ending of SnS was also the ending of the novel?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:53   Link #715
redflame

Yes, with little aspects of it taken out. For example, Yuji in the novels also confessed his feelings to Shana after she confessed. In my opinion, I think they should've added that in the anime.
Old 2012-07-15, 19:07   Link #716
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Indeed, it would have added more feel to it~
Old 2012-07-22, 14:38   Link #717
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I've never seen this series before and I was thinking of checking out the first few episodes of Season 1. If I do like what I see so far and end up watching the rest of the series, should I avoid the movies?

The NA BD of season 1 is coming out, is it going to have that horrible detail destroying upscaling or be a new upscale that is different from the JP version?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:17   Link #718
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I've never seen this series before and I was thinking of checking out the first few episodes of Season 1. If I do like what I see so far and end up watching the rest of the series, should I avoid the movies?

The NA BD of season 1 is coming out, is it going to have that horrible detail destroying upscaling or be a new upscale that is different from the JP version?
We have not seen any images from the NA set thus far, so we cannot judge. As for the movie question, there is only one movie and it is an alternative telling of the first part of the first season. I personally watched the movie first and still appreciated the episodes, so you can do that. It's up to you if you want to repeat the events.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:30   Link #719
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well if it's just repeating events, then I'm not interested in the movies.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 16:31   Link #720
Filus
Shanatard

Well I wouldn't say it's just repeating events. The move has better graphics and efects plus it's ending is way more epic and actually close to orginal version from Novel
Filus is offline   Reply With Quote