AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 22:57   Link #21
denice25

sounds interesting!!!
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:28   Link #22
miss-deep
mogu mogu

A couple of new preview screen caps from Fuji TV's Rispara site.

Spoiler for Nicoletta & Claudio~:

The original soundtrack ("musica paradiso") goes on sale June 3rd, by the way (see here for details).
miss-deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:11   Link #23
Viola C
Teru Fan

I'll check this one out by all means! A RL drama with mature characters? That sounds absolutely perfect for me. Claudio looks especially attractive (I suppose he's the central male character, right?), but honestly, I'm very interested in everyone. The animation seems to be excellent, too, and I like the music in the trailer. All in all, it looks like a terrific series.
Viola C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 00:11   Link #24
solomon

Yea, this seems like one of the few shows for the post teenage-early college crowd. Surprised they didn't pitch this to Noitamina, it would really fit. Still I liked most of their productions (despite being outside the target audience) so I will give this a go, seems refreshingly different.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:45   Link #25
Woland
Latin Rascal

Somebody is watching this on CR?

Seems like Rispara is unavailable in my country (Italy) but it's the first time I've experienced something like this for a simulcast show...
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:56   Link #26
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Somebody is watching this on CR?

Seems like Rispara is unavailable in my country (Italy) but it's the first time I've experienced something like this for a simulcast show...
It's somewhat ironic that it's blocked in Italy... but this is a new producer (Fuji TV) so they may only be allowing streaming to the US...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:58   Link #27
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Yea, this seems like one of the few shows for the post teenage-early college crowd. Surprised they didn't pitch this to Noitamina, it would really fit.
It's airing in Noise, which is Fuji TV's other anime-for-people-who-don't-like-anime timeslot. I have no idea what the difference is supposed to be - I had thought Noise would be the male equivalent to Noitamina's predominantly josei-esque output, but RisPara seems just as fangirly as anything we've seen in Noitamina so who knows?

I watched the first couple of minutes of this on CrunchyRoll; it didn't grab me very quickly (the animation's a bit ropey and the video quality is quite poor) but I'll give it another shot later.

Last edited by BluWacky; 2009-04-08 at 14:15.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:33   Link #28
miss-deep
mogu mogu

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. They followed the manga quite closely (except for one part of episode two, but the added scene was awesome). Then again, I was already a fan so I'm pretty biased.
Old 2009-04-08, 14:50   Link #29
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
but this is a new producer (Fuji TV) so they may only be allowing streaming to the US...
...It doesn't seem so -_-
the only reason I could think is that Michiko & Hatchin is licensed here (episode 9 aired yesterday on MTV) and maybe somebody confused the "Noise" tag for the show (It's really unlikely it's pre-licensed).

Oh well, I'll wait and see (but I'm worried for Higashi no Eden now, I was really really waiting for that).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 15:11   Link #30
miss-deep
mogu mogu

Quote:
It's somewhat ironic that it's blocked in Italy... but this is a new producer (Fuji TV) so they may only be allowing streaming to the US...
I just checked out the CR page and it streams for me in Australia. But I doubt that means much. Judging by people's comments there, it's blocked in a lot of countries.
Old 2009-04-08, 16:30   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was watching and enjoying it and thinking how good the star was -- then I realized she was Orikasa Fumiko. No wonder.
Spoiler for ep1:
I've only visited Italy briefly, but one thing that impressed me was the professionalism of the wait-staff. Of course, that's true to a great extent in Japan, too. But the highly professional older Italian waiters were a pleasure to be served by. When I could afford it, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 17:18   Link #32
Fuze

Loved the first two episodes. I have never been to Rome or any part of Europe for that matter, but I get the impression that they did a great job capturing the European atmosphere with pastel colors and acoustic music. I was especially impressed with how the coffee was animated - the bubbles and steam looked realistic and made me want to go grab a cup of cappuccino.

At first, I thought Nicoletta was voiced by Ayako Kawasumi. Then I looked it up on AN and found that it was not. Regardless, I also think she is doing a great job.

Anyway, many of the characters here definitely have potential but Nicoletta and Claudia alone will keep me hooked.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 17:58   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I like what i've seen from the first episode, though this is just one of those shows i could easily marathon. Will probably do that after it's finished airing.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:59   Link #34
solomon

Watched first ep on CR.

We have had bi-shonen, but the waitstaff is definetly be-seinen

Farily interesting, wonderful design and leisurely pacing, all the seiyuu sound great too. Overall very charming, although I am not sure if I will pick it up for the long haul, I'll give it 2-3 more eps to see where it goes.
Old 2009-04-09, 02:07   Link #35
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Watched first ep on CR.

We have had bi-shonen, but the waitstaff is definetly be-seinen

Farily interesting, wonderful design and leisurely pacing, all the seiyuu sound great too. Overall very charming, although I am not sure if I will pick it up for the long haul, I'll give it 2-3 more eps to see where it goes.
Bi-ojisan...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 02:43   Link #36
golthin

I am very interested about why Olga object so much about Nicolleta trying to hook up with Claudio. She was suggesting two of the other guys with no problem. I wonder if Olga's husband will ever find about Nicolleta real relationship with Olga. this also should be move to the subtitled section.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:36   Link #37
solomon

Quote:
Bi-ojisan...
HAHHAHAA, awesome.

Watched the second ep, quite liked it. With the design style and leisurley pacing, I would think this was made in France not Japan. Ok sign me up.
Old 2009-04-09, 14:10   Link #38
Nerroth
NePoi!

Will this thread be moved to the fansub board?

The OP is nice and jazzy, the ED not so much.

And it's neat to see another anime set in Italy, and one with a different take on things than GSG has...
Old 2009-04-09, 14:27   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Will this thread be moved to the fansub board
No, licensed board because of Crunchyroll's involvement.
Old 2009-04-09, 14:38   Link #40
Nerroth
NePoi!

Oh, ok then.

I have to say, seeing a show with a number of cool male characters in it is a really neat change from the usual one-guy-good-the-rest-bad or no-guys-good routine many other anime seem to follow.

Nice to see my gender shown in a somewhat more positive light for a change!

Also, for some reason, I get the feeling that this setting would make a really cool learning video for Japanese people wanting to learn Italian - or vice versa! (A lot of visual cues to given words, the slow pace of the dialogue, and so on.)

Last edited by Nerroth; 2009-04-09 at 14:58.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote