AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 73 56.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 29.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-22, 22:26   Link #121
xfuture

And, you gotta admit...he is slick.

He may well be the smartest character in the series. And if he is not the smartest, than he is definitly the second smartest.
Old 2006-11-22, 23:44   Link #122
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinhard View Post
A question for the various people on the forum that have made remarks like this:

Would you still be supportive of Light if her weren't so hot and smexy?

If he were, say, a balding overweight otaku doing exactly the same things, would you still feel the same way?
Before it's too late to state this for the record (I would have posted this earlier if my mouse hadn't broke), this query is fallacious/unfair since it's implied that these two questions are the same but rephrased (or at least, people will see it that way) when they're really two different questions. I would ajust for second question to "If he were, say, an ordinary character in an anime", because otherwise people will read it and think, "Oh, that's true, if he were ugly I'd probably have a bad opinion of him". People may be biased against repulsatory characters just as they're biased toward hot ones, so somewhere in between should be what's focused on. Anyway, that's my few cents.
Old 2006-11-23, 01:04   Link #123
Shabazza
transcendental

amazing episode.

I stopped breathing at the time the police officer walked by.
Old 2006-11-23, 05:41   Link #124
mos2025

Ok..... let's get a few things straight

1. I loved this episode, masterful

2. Naomi gave Light "i know it's you" looks, if you payed close attention to her facial expression, but he didn't give away anything too suspicious; example: HE ASKED HER FOR THE BUS INCIDENT DATE AND INFO........even though at the end she should've suspected that he should've known this BECAUSE HE WAS PART OF THE "TEAM"

3. When he came into Headquarters, HE WAS CONTRAGULATED FOR HELPING SOLVE PREVIOUS CASES by both guys at the front desk and NAOMI WAS THERE

4. TOO MANY LITTLE DETAILS THAT GAVE AWAY EVERYTHING

5. Good/Evil..... I won't even comment on this, ALL that posted on this topic should already know the concept.... yes that means you are NOT stupid

6. As stated earlier THERE IS NO PERFECT ANIME/MANGA.......... we are all human after all
Old 2006-11-23, 09:26   Link #125
Misutaki

I loved this episode - they did the "whole episode of nothing but talking" extremely well...and when Naomi went off to die, it made me so sad *_* Tragicness.

And now is the point when everyone can say that Light isn't 100% "good natured"...personally I thought once he
Spoiler for a previous episode:
, that he was done being the good guy. But...power ruins the best of minds...

Still, I can't wait for the next episode...I would watch it raw but my Japanese isn't 100% yet, although at this point I know the conversations...hmm...

But yeah, I am overall very pleased with the makers of this anime - they're doing a good job of keeping it close to the manga, and can pull off the endless talking well.
Old 2006-11-23, 12:08   Link #126
Austin1
Work=FUN!!!1ONE

I don't see why you all are saying how he tricked Naomi isn't possible. He used her emotions to his advantage. You got to remember she was very emotional at this time her fiance just died and here comes a kid you is agreeing with everything she is saying, and then offers her to join the Team. Now, even if he was lying you got to remember if it is true this might be her only chance. With all her emotions flowing and then getting the only chance she will every have to join the team. The hope of it being true and the chance to get revenge was just overwhelming, and I assume most of you have experiences when your emotions have taken the better of you.
Old 2006-11-23, 15:05   Link #127
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

and she thought that Light was L... Taking any measures fore for their separate ultimate goals... Scary people both are...
Old 2006-11-24, 13:46   Link #128
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinhard View Post
A question for the various people on the forum that have made remarks like this:

Would you still be supportive of Light if her weren't so hot and smexy?

If he were, say, a balding overweight otaku doing exactly the same things, would you still feel the same way?
To tell you the truth, my fav character is Ryuk Seriously.

I think Raito is popular because he is such a badass jerk. And that kind of characters are trendy in animeverse, regardless of their physical appearance.
Old 2006-11-24, 13:54   Link #129
Lilith
Your average fangirl

LOL Rheinhard. Regarding your question, I think I agree with myopius. I wouldn't like any of the characters I do if they were ugly. Would any of you like L if he was obese and bald man with diabetes?
Old 2006-11-30, 02:44   Link #130
Siegfried352

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
Killing the FBI agents was completely pointless -- he had a rational motive for killing Naomi, as she posed a real threat to him, but Ray was completely harmless and Light knew that Ray didn't suspect him. If he let Ray live all that would have happened is that Ray would have reported that Light wasn't suspicious and that would be that. But Light went out of his way and put himself in grave danger to just so that he could kill them, and boy was he mightly pleased with himself after the fact. He was just Evil Glee Boy when he wasted Naomi, no contrition, no conflicting emotions, he was so happy he could't help but mock her on her way to grave.
I think you fail to remember "L" is the BEST detective and would catch on if ONLY Ray Penbar was killed. He would've suspected Light off the back because Ray was following ONLY Light. Killing the other FBI Agents makes it possible that these other Agents could've came in contact with Kira. So thats why they haven't jumped to conclusions because they are not 100% sure.
Old 2006-12-01, 23:55   Link #131
TickTock

I think a lot of you guys need to get off your peddastools. Just as they said in the manga and the anime, on the surface we try to act just, but from the moment we see someone's face, we judge them. Truth be told, I have no problem with what Light is doing, and most likely, I would do much worse things than he. This anime is wonderfully twisted and tasty. I can't way to see where it goes.
Old 2006-12-02, 00:17   Link #132
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
from the moment we see someone's face, we judge them.
While that may be true, people generally just judge whether or not they like the person, not whether or not they deserve to live.
Old 2006-12-05, 03:31   Link #133
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
LOL Rheinhard. Regarding your question, I think I agree with myopius. I wouldn't like any of the characters I do if they were ugly. Would any of you like L if he was obese and bald man with diabetes?
I would still like L. His character just intrigues me; physical appearance would not detract from my appreciation of his thinking process/actions. I'm not so sure about Light though.

Spoiler for later manga + pointless + unnecessarily long analysis:
Old 2006-12-16, 19:36   Link #134
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am very late in this discussion but i just have to get this off my chest before continuing with this series.
The episode was mostly great but even after reading only several chapters of the manga I can't help but feel that as hyped as it is, the storyline of the manga falls short of what Madhouse have achieved, namely the amazing atmosphere of the anime. I think that's the reason I got bored by the manga quickly and yet I am enthralled by the anime. Too bad they didn't choose to make a 20th Century Boys anime but Death Note... The moment when the snow started falling was a moment of genius and beauty, even though I was screaming at the one who came up with the plotline of the manga at the very same moment.
And yes, Naomi's death totally felt like a plot device. As said, you cannot be both smart enough to figure so many things about Kira on your own and stupid enough to spill the beans to a total stranger. And I already hate Light with a passion, if anything can make me stop this series at some point it will be his god-complex and general annoyingness (is that a word?).

Old 2006-12-17, 15:01   Link #135
Zalith
GrimmHime

I've been lurking for a while, and finally I've decided to come out of my little corner and discuss this anime =P.

This episode was priceless. My favorite episode so far. The scene at the end was just flawless. When she handed over her drivers license to Kira, I almost thought something would go wrong. And when that police officer walked by..my heart skipped a beat. XD.

Also, that exprsesion on her face when he said "That's because...I'm Kira." was so sad.

I personally feel kind of sorry for Misora, but it's not really her fault for trusting Kira. She probably let her feelings overcome her senses and trusted him like that.

Also, that whole ep I was thinking of the shinigami eye deal. I really thought Kira was gonna make the deal =P.
Old 2006-12-25, 20:52   Link #136
taelrak

just what is that song they played towards the end called anyway?
Old 2006-12-25, 20:59   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
just what is that song they played towards the end called anyway?
Are you talking about the BGM that plays when Naomi walks away?

If so, its track 22 on the anime OST - titled Dirge.
Old 2007-02-16, 18:42   Link #138
ginko51

I think this episode single handedly made me wanna keep wathcing the show.By far the best episode I've seen so far.

Does anyone know what's the name of theme playing right at the beginning of this episode?(after the opening of course)

I really like it.Is there any Death Note soundtrack yeat?Is that theme included?
Old 2009-02-12, 10:32   Link #139
Light_Yamagi_Kira
New Debate God.

This is in fact the best episode. Seeing Light's true manipulation ability was awesome! He played it so well and was flawless. The ending was just as great, him saying " I am Kira," and seeing her face, be like 'owned' haha. Kira is god!
Old 2009-02-12, 13:48   Link #140
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Yamagi_Kira View Post
This is in fact the best episode. Seeing Light's true manipulation ability was awesome! He played it so well and was flawless. The ending was just as great, him saying " I am Kira," and seeing her face, be like 'owned' haha. Kira is god!
The "I am Kira" part was the absolute best IMO! The episode kept you on the edge of your seat wondering how Light would pull it off especially when Naomi starts to walk away from him. Although Light is evil, I still noticed myself hoping he'd make it past this obstacle. That's probably because I wanted the series to continue, though. Naomi is such a smart person but when she heard she could get to L through Light she made the biggest mistake you could make.
Closed Thread