AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 16:24   Link #121
manuloz

This is a capture of a commercial for the Newtype magazine that was broadcast this week.
So, it's the first CG pic of Eva-00 for the first new Evangelion movie.

Eva-01

manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 20:34   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Words can't describe how awesome that looks. Talk about your green of awesomeness.

This is one hell of a way to kick start the promotion. o/
Old 2007-05-07, 01:15   Link #123
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
As a big fan to Evangelion *First real anime i watch and got me into this anime craze* i be really sadden if they change the attitude of the character like shinji to make mass of people please, theywould took the very thing that made Evangelion a anime icon. When i first watch Eva i was 16 years old and well Shinji did reminded how i acted back in grade 10. I know alot of people hated Shinji but i think thats why Evangelion was such a big hit. At the time anime didnt really had alot of character that were weak...no back bone or have such a trouble life like Shinji and most people could connect with that. Having to be look down by ur father and no mother to support u. I dont know about Rei...with no past and yet no future or even Asuka always tries hard to be reconize..

Evangelion i felt target the trouble teens at the time and well thats why it as good anime cause it cuts deep into people emotions. Now i hear making a second series of it or movie watever.... hell they shouldnt had made the other two movies in the first place..Evangelion should been laid to rest after the series but people wanted to know more...or have a "real ending" to thier liking. I dont know how they even make a second season cause really there no more left in the story to be told....

I was actually looking forward to the live action of eva... *i read it once on newtype USA* i dont know whats happening to that project but seeing person cosplaying Asuka in a movies would be hot.

What i really think is how movies industry here north america are doing * going back and making movies out of classic books like Lord of the rings / Lion and the wich ...etc heck even marvel character like spiderman and superman. They going to make movies out classic anime series just to milk money out of it CAUSE they know there already a FAN BASE and well really who doesnt know about Evangelion in the anime community. Cause well i probably be a sucker eventally buy this movie or second series just to see what it is.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 06:51   Link #124
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here are scans from this month's Newtype. It shows the pic from before is real, and they talk to the two storyboarders handling the new scenes in the first movie. <3 Kyoda!

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 19:36   Link #125
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Touji, Kensuke, and Hikari are in that middle picture, and Asuka isn't? Odd....
Old 2007-05-07, 19:38   Link #126
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Touji, Kensuke, and Hikari are in that middle picture, and Asuka isn't? Odd....
That image has been up on Anno's official Evangelion website for sometime now --- so it probably has nothing to do with Rebuild.
Old 2007-05-07, 20:52   Link #127
aardvark

For those of you interested in seeing a clear shot of the "new" Eva Unit 01 for the movie, click the spoiler.

Spoiler for Click for picture:

This was from the last issue of Hobby Japan, among other shots of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That image has been up on Anno's official Evangelion website for sometime now --- so it probably has nothing to do with Rebuild.
It's actually is the poster for the first Eva rebuild movie. "Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone"
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 07:14   Link #128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
It's actually is the poster for the first Eva rebuild movie. "Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone"
Ah, that clears things up. I remember hearing about it though was never 100% certain.

As for the clear shot of the new Unit 01 version. Very nice --- shall be interesting to see how the new green works on screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
This was from the last issue of Hobby Japan, among other shots of it.
Do you happen to have those at all?
Old 2007-05-08, 07:37   Link #129
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I heard somewhere Movie 1 only covers till the point before Asuka appears, meaning Asuka won't appear till Movie 2. Is that true?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 08:39   Link #130
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I'd heard the same thing, don't recall from where. Something about movie 1 covering up until just after the fifth Angel attacks. Probably some internet rumor, though.
Old 2007-05-08, 09:53   Link #131
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I heard somewhere Movie 1 only covers till the point before Asuka appears, meaning Asuka won't appear till Movie 2. Is that true?
I think that is true... but there’s still Kaworu on the poster. :P
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 09:55   Link #132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I think that is true... but there’s still Kaworu on the poster. :P
Wasn't it also mentioned that he'd be making a earlier appearance then the original series?
Old 2007-05-08, 10:29   Link #133
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, maybe Anno will have a new try at Eva but with snippets and features from both the game(s) (especially the NGE2 PS game) and the manga by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto - as there are certain things that differ from the anime in both franchises (like the presence of
Spoiler:
Unless, of course, they try to follow the Angelic Days (AKA Iron Maiden 2nd) manga AU series where the character interactions & developments take far more importance than the Angel battles.

I also believe they'll insert the now-officially 'canon' data implemented in the NGE 2 game, where the origins of Adam and Lilith are explained, and what exactly the Angels seek...although I'm not sure they'll go to great lengths to explain everything. As for Mana Kirishima, as the Girlfriend of Steel game is not considered canon by Gainax itself, there is very little chance on her showing up.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-05-08 at 10:40.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:37   Link #134
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, maybe Anno will have a new try at Eva but with snippets and features from both the game(s) (especially the NGE2 PS game) and the manga by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto - as there are certain things that differ from the anime in both franchises (like the presence of
Spoiler:
Unless, of course, they try to follow the Angelic Days (AKA Iron Maiden 2nd) manga AU series where the character interactions & developments take far more importance than the Angel battles.

I also believe they'll insert the now-officially 'canon' data implemented in the NGE 2 game, where the origins of Adam and Lilith are explained, and what exactly the Angels seek...although I'm not sure they'll go to great lengths to explain everything.

I think the character development is also more important in the TV series… it just took a romantic approach in the AD manga.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:38   Link #135
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I do have a creeping suspicion that the new movies will cut back the number of Angels. The series was 17, the manga 13... Even 13 seems like a lot for 4-90 minute films.
Old 2007-05-08, 21:52   Link #136
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wasn't it also mentioned that he'd be making a earlier appearance then the original series?
That's good because he was in what just one episode lol. There wasn't much character development for his character. In the manga he was introduce a bit earlier sorta made me wish evenmore that his character was involve in the series earlier on.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 22:32   Link #137
Monkey D. Luffy

Evaneglions's my favorite and I can't wait for these especially the one that's entirely new.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 16:02   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
That's good because he was in what just one episode lol. There wasn't much character development for his character. In the manga he was introduce a bit earlier sorta made me wish evenmore that his character was involve in the series earlier on.
Heh, he did make episode 24 my favourite of the series. I do like what they've done with him in the manga --- making him more apart of the story. Just love his character development that involves Shinji.

But yeah, looking very forward to see what they'll do with him in the first movie.
Old 2007-05-09, 23:03   Link #139
Monkey D. Luffy

I think Kaworu was good in the series even though he was there for a little he did have a big part with the outcome and plot of the story, it's going to be intresting to see him in these new ones.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 23:39   Link #140
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I actually like the Angelic Days track, and I'd love to see the new movies follow that general lead - but I don't expect it for a second.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, remake