AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2005-01-03, 21:31   Link #1
presser_kun

D.Gray-Man

Anyone heard of this? Is it an anime? "Just" a manga?

I've seen some fanart and love the look. Also saw a snatch of a manga page, and it was also cool.

Searched this forum, but turned up nothing. Hope someone out there knows more than I do. *shushes all the know-it-alls*

Thanx!

Press
presser_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:01   Link #2
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by presser_kun
Anyone heard of this? Is it an anime? "Just" a manga?

I've seen some fanart and love the look. Also saw a snatch of a manga page, and it was also cool.

Searched this forum, but turned up nothing. Hope someone out there knows more than I do. *shushes all the know-it-alls*

Thanx!

Press
ah wonderful manga.
although its not an anime yet.
if u want the manga, go to yanime
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:08   Link #3
presser_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
ah wonderful manga.
although its not an anime yet.
if u want the manga, go to yanime
Yeah, yanime is where I saw the bit I saw.

So why isn't it an anime yet? Wanna help me bankroll an animation of it? I'll bring the paint pots, you bring da cash!

Erm . . . you are laughing . . . right?
Old 2005-01-03, 22:40   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

D. Gray-man is indeed an awesome series - I just picked up volume 2 of the manga today and it's fantastic so far. I love the feel of the manga very, very much, and combined with the great characters (particularly the Earl, Aaron, and the guys from Exorcist HQ) I know that this one is definitely a keeper. I just hope it doesn't get canceled like so many young Jump series do...

If it doesn't get canceled, however, we can probably expect an anime eventually but most likely not until it's in the 12-15 volume range. When it comes, it will surely be amazing.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 23:07   Link #5
presser_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
D. Gray-man is indeed an awesome series - I just picked up volume 2 of the manga today . . .
Cool and groovy. Can you tell me where you got it? I've only seen the bit I found on yanime's site, and would like the real thing.

thanx,

Press
Old 2005-01-03, 23:31   Link #6
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Oh darn I thought someone was saying the anime was going to be made >.< darn LOL anyway I really like the manga
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 17:05   Link #7
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by presser_kun
Cool and groovy. Can you tell me where you got it? I've only seen the bit I found on yanime's site, and would like the real thing.

thanx,

Press
The only English translations I know of for D. Gray-Man are in scanlation format, the first three chapters done by Yanime and the first two (now stalled) by Kaizoku-Ou. I picked up the original Japanese version from my local Kinokuniya, because I am blessed enough to have one in my area. Sorry! All I can do for now is just assure you that the series is awesome and stays awesome. I'm hanging on Yanime for understand all the finer details of the story anyway...
Old 2005-01-04, 17:09   Link #8
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Man, Cgoten was begging me for like two weeks to translate D Gay Man when I was already too busy with my other t/l projects and all the other crap in my life. Lucky for him (and for you guys) he hired a new bitch.....err translator who works exclusively on the series.

Personally, I haven't taken a strong liking to the series. It's just not to my tastes I guess, but I'm glad that the rest of you seem to be enjoying it.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 17:14   Link #9
Cgoten

Send a message via AIM to Cgoten Send a message via Yahoo to Cgoten
Quote:
D. Gray-man is indeed an awesome series - I just picked up volume 2 of the manga today and it's fantastic so far. I love the feel of the manga very, very much, and combined with the great characters (particularly the Earl, Aaron, and the guys from Exorcist HQ) I know that this one is definitely a keeper. I just hope it doesn't get canceled like so many young Jump series do...

If it doesn't get canceled, however, we can probably expect an anime eventually but most likely not until it's in the 12-15 volume range. When it comes, it will surely be amazing.
Ah, lucky.... Volume 2 won't be in stock here for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. >_< If you could scan it, we could get those chapters done faster. Also, just wondering, does it mention an English name for 黒の教団 [くろ の きょうだん] anywhere in volume 2, like it did with The Earl of Millennium and some other characters in volume 1? It's hard deciding what to translate it as, and it'd be nice if it's written in English somewhere... But if not, oh well... ^_^;;

I'd really like to get to the point where we do this series the same week that the chapters are out in Jump, but that depends on how fast we can work. ^_^;; Chapter 30 is the newest, so it shouldn't be hard... And as for the reason that there's no anime series for this yet, it's because it's a pretty new series.
Cgoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 19:27   Link #10
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgoten
Ah, lucky.... Volume 2 won't be in stock here for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. >_< If you could scan it, we could get those chapters done faster. Also, just wondering, does it mention an English name for 黒の教団 [くろ の きょうだん] anywhere in volume 2, like it did with The Earl of Millennium and some other characters in volume 1? It's hard deciding what to translate it as, and it'd be nice if it's written in English somewhere... But if not, oh well... ^_^;;

I'd really like to get to the point where we do this series the same week that the chapters are out in Jump, but that depends on how fast we can work. ^_^;; Chapter 30 is the newest, so it shouldn't be hard... And as for the reason that there's no anime series for this yet, it's because it's a pretty new series.
Alas, there are no english translations for names or places in volume 2, but there are some really awesome in-between chapter filler pages. My favorite in the volume is a four-panel strip in which Aaron wonders whether there's anything under the Earl's hat. Very funny indeed, but I won't spoil it to you now.

As for scans, perhaps I might be able to help, but I have no idea how to go about making good scans and then getting them to you conveniently. By the time I'd figure it all out, you'd probably be able to pick up a copy on your own, but don't take that to mean I'm not eager to help. As for catching up to the Weekly Jump chapters - I think it's a really good, especially since it's still very early in the series. If you made D. Gray-Man a priority release, you shouldn't have that much trouble. For example, getting the rest of the volume 1 chapters out during the time between now and when you get Volume 2, and then dedicating yourself to V.2 ... but that sounds pretty hectic and you have a life, so maybe I shouldn't be recommending such an action. ^^
Old 2005-01-04, 21:00   Link #11
Cgoten

Send a message via AIM to Cgoten Send a message via Yahoo to Cgoten
Quote:
As for scans, perhaps I might be able to help, but I have no idea how to go about making good scans and then getting them to you conveniently. By the time I'd figure it all out, you'd probably be able to pick up a copy on your own, but don't take that to mean I'm not eager to help. As for catching up to the Weekly Jump chapters - I think it's a really good, especially since it's still very early in the series. If you made D. Gray-Man a priority release, you shouldn't have that much trouble. For example, getting the rest of the volume 1 chapters out during the time between now and when you get Volume 2, and then dedicating yourself to V.2 ... but that sounds pretty hectic and you have a life, so maybe I shouldn't be recommending such an action. ^^
Actually, my original plan was to release chapters 4-7 whenever I get my hands on volume 2, then release as fast as possible from there. However, I guess some other group just released some chapters of it, so I think I'll speed up and release 4-7 sometime this week. =)

I think we're gonna go to using Jump scans at chapter 17, but then release all the omake from the books every couple months when they're released. I hope that sounds good. ^_^;;
Cgoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:42   Link #12
sarrah
tikki

wow, this thread is a whole year old???? welll regardless im gona post here cus i looooooooooooove this manga! the plot, the twists the art soooooooooo cooooooooooooooooooooool!
lol not to mention the mangakas a woman! go gurls!
i cant wait till chapt 69 comes scanlated!!!!
sarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:27   Link #13
JokerD

Hate to burst your bubble but D-grayman is licenced, so don't expect english scanlations anytime soon. (At least not in a form that can see the light of day here)
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 23:45   Link #14
allen wallker

Location: SASKATOON SASK CANADA WEVE HAD ABSOLUTLEY NO ANIME CONS AND FULL METAL ALCHIMEST JUST STARTED ON TV
Has any one else read the d gray man manga

Hey people I just started here and was just curious if any one besides me has read the d gray manga. Its a very good manga that i would sugest reading at some point for you'll probaly get hooked on it a bit
allen wallker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 04:35   Link #15
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen wallker
Hey people I just started here and was just curious if any one besides me has read the d gray manga. Its a very good manga that i would sugest reading at some point for you'll probaly get hooked on it a bit

Yes but the mangaka has been on hiatus for quite a long time... and hasn't return back yet.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 08:12   Link #16
Bellevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
Yes but the mangaka has been on hiatus for quite a long time... and hasn't return back yet.
Eh... I wish that Ms. Hoshino will recover soon(I've read somewhere that she is/was being hospitalized) Because I've read 69 chapters of D.Gray-man and what can I say...this manga is great! Maybe one day the anime will be announced...maybe.
Bellevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 08:27   Link #17
striderm
Adusa #1

It's up to 75 though. So you better catch up!
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 16:32   Link #18
Bellevar

Translated
Bellevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 20:47   Link #19
striderm
Adusa #1

Yes it has, but I can't give out that information here, right?
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 04:35   Link #20
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
from what i have read in other forums that have a translating team on this manga, there has been accusation of copying ideas and images from other mangas.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural