Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-09-18, 04:51   Link #3081
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Serara is up as well.

Equipment list:

Forest Sage Staff
A rare drop acquired by defeating an arbor-type boss monster without using Fire-based skills. Since it can't be obtained by using Fire-attribute skills, the main nuker Rundelhaus was greatly worried. Greatly increases maximum MP and resistance from non-Fire attributes.

Blessed Rain Raiment
A set of clothes woven using the rain after a dry spell transformed into thread. It greatly helps in the efficiency of nature-based skills that Druids commonly use. Another important thing is that it hides the curves of one's body, something that Serara wants to keep a secret.

(Oh, Serara. )

Shaoran Fang
A contract item that Serara acquired after getting a Wolf summon. Is actually made from the milk tooth that fell from a young wolf. The wolf is still somewhat unfit for combat, but many people are drawn to its cute appearance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 05:24   Link #3082
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I wonder if her long-boots are meant to help hide her chubby thighs as well....

On the replay side, we have Seine's pet, Nico =3 : http://lhrpg.com/rep2_02.html

Name: Nico
Race: Lynx
Main class: Phantom Beast
Subclass: Pet Monster

Please correct me if I get the following wrong.

Seine's mountain-cat type Pet Monster summoned with the Amber of Dawon. He usually goes about in his kitten form but is capable of assuming the larger <Amber Mountain Cat> form when the need arises. Intelligent and capable of speech, he sees himself as Seine's no.1 knight (Wolf is no. 2). Quite protective over his mistress and is worried about her lack of friends.

Nico's "items" are really Seine (his mistress), Wolf (who had helped her obtained the Amber of Dawon) and a collar "Medal of Dawon"

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 06:24   Link #3083
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Many thanks Marcus H.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 07:11   Link #3084
DQueenie13

Serara's looking great. That outfit definitely looks better than before.
Old 2014-09-20, 04:02   Link #3085
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here is Minori.

Kagura Chime Prayer Staff
A staff that greatly increases the effectiveness of the Kannagi's Barrier of Bell Chimes. Extends casting range and shortens reuse cooldown allowing for consecutive use. On the other hand, the staff is inefficient in combat, so it is necessary to use equipment that absorbs incoming damage.

Kagome no Chihaya
A set of clothes decorated with woven-bamboo patterns, exclusive to Kannagi. It grants the wearer with the blessings of the water gods, giving high Water resistance. It also boosts the effectiveness of damage-intercepting magic by increasing the damage that can be blocked. Popular for both its ability and appearance.

Purple Cloud Fragment
A consumable item consisting of a piece of purple cloud encased in a small bottle. Increases the cast range of Resurrection spells and shortens reuse cooldown by 50% when used. It is an item whose costs matches its ability, but was purchased at the cost of a fortune due to a bitter experience back in Choushi. (The original kanji used, 紫雲 [shi'un], refers to the cloud Amida Buddha rides to welcome the spirits of the dead.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-09-20, 09:15   Link #3086
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Replay side #3: Tokinagi =3

Name: Tokinagi
Race: Alv
Main class: Twilight Princess (lit. Princess of (the) Twilight)
Subclass: Priestess princess

[Alert! Incoming Questionable Translation Attempt!]

The other personality that dwells within Nagi, and one of the Six Princesses of the Collapse would led the Alvan people in their revenge. As expected of one so distinguished, Tokinagi is a haughty character. However, despite her condescending attitude towards the Adventurers, she's is surprisingly cordial towards them and her thirst for vengeance fades as the days pass.

Should she decide to take action again, a great tempest would no doubt sweep through Akiba and indeed the land of Yamato. But for now, she is content with just enjoying Wolf's delicious dishes.

(Aha, trust Mamare-sensei to pacify a great power with food )

Tokinagi's items are:

常夜ノ天衣 Tokoyo no Amagoromo Heavenly Dress of Eternal Night

A shrine priestess style raiment made from black fabric that sucks in light like the midnight sky and decorated with magatama that give out magic energy akin to the stars themselves. Distorts the flow of time of she who wears it, and I'm not sure how to translate "災いが届かぬ明けない夜を生み出すといわれている。" Proficient Nihongo speakers, please? Google translate is just not up to task for this.

星扇・太乙 Seisen・Taiitsu Star Fan: Taiitsu

A Japanese fan that depicts stars that shine with a calamitous light. Though it looks like just an old fan, when opened in a dance with the correct gestures, it is possible to call forth to this world the stars shown on it. Key to activating (an?) ancient magic device.

月詠鏡 Tsukuyomi no Kagami Mirror of Tsukuyomi

A round hand mirror with a black edge. Like the moon that provides light in the night, it is a magical mirror capable of showing distant scenery. However its surface now shows signs of decline due to its age and could only perform its function perfectly on a full moon night. On the other hand, on nights of the new moon, it would be just a black mirror. Occasionally, it would show the past of the person looking into it.

I'm not terribly proud nor sure of my translation here. Would be most grateful if someone proficient in Nihongo can proof-read and spot the mistakes =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-20, 09:30   Link #3087
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
"災いが届かぬ明けない夜を生み出すといわれている。"
Often referred to as 'bringing forth a shut-off night that misfortune cannot reach'.

Old 2014-09-20, 09:39   Link #3088
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Ahhh, I see. Thanks Marcus! =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-23, 12:55   Link #3089
DQueenie13

A theory/thought that I suddenly came up with while writing for my fan fic.

According to Elder Tale lore (in Mamare's docs), the Age of the Gods was ended by a rogue AI known as Shiva, who caused the end of the world. After that, the Alvs, Humans, Elves, and Dwarves appeared (or something like that).

Theories that may or may not be related to each other (and get wackier as they go along):
Spoiler:
Old 2014-09-24, 22:01   Link #3090
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Rundelhaus is here!

Citrine Water Sphere
A compass composed of a sphere of miraculous water with many fragments of flame-infused citrine inside. Increases magic attack and spell accuracy. The gem citrine means "chasing one's dreams" and "friendship".

Wizard Cane
A Production-Class magic item. It boosts magic power decently, and was considered by many to be vital for aspiring Sorcerers before the Catastrophe. Because of this, making this item is considerably expensive, the items needed to make the staff were acquired through sheer perseverance with the help of Isuzu.

Adventurer's Robe
A tailor-made item known as an "apprentice magician's robe", this high-grade item was made by Rundelhaus' apprentice Lander friends. These clothes are light to move in, and gives a minor boost to HP and MP recovery as well as being made of a waterproof and breathable material.

EDIT: Here's Isuzu too:

Flying Dolphin
A lute Maryele previously made, modified by the Roderick Firm guild by adding spiritual power to it. Wind spirits improve the sound produced, earth spirits boost her stamina, and fire and water spirits offer defenses against extreme cold and heat.

Hyakkamau Sougen no Cape (Cape of a Hundred Played Melodies)
A Bard-exclusive equipment made from Flowerprose-woven Cloth which can be acquired from a flower fairy who likes song and dance. When its wearer sings, one's body is surrounded by musical notes that dance in the air, increasing the effects of defensive songs.

Nomad's Hairband
A hairband made out of wool fibers woven into a brightly colored cloth. Despite its simple appearance, it boosts the skills of a Nomad, and can increase the effectiveness of a Bard's defensive songs.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2014-09-24 at 22:26.
Old 2014-09-25, 07:46   Link #3091
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

It's nice to see them getting better gear thus changing looks.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 07:51   Link #3092
The Green One

*sniff* They grow up so fast!
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 14:37   Link #3093
bastek66

New outfits look great
Old 2014-09-26, 17:31   Link #3094
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Me likey new Rudy. Just like another Rudy I know.

Also Roe2? Will we see her in S2? O.O

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 20:44   Link #3095
teja208
Critical fanboy

I'm not sure but do sizes of the gears adjust themselves to fit the players' statue after the catastrophe? The new armor seem a bit too big for Touya although Serara's change is the most noticeable.

And speaking of which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I think this might have been explained in the start of Volume 7 Chapter 2 Part 6. Can't post any more here due to the NO SPOILERS policy
However, according to the flavor text of Shiroe's new Sage's Robe, it was obtained as a reward from "Wise Beastmen who lies in the Desert" raid quest. That doesn't sound like ch 2 part 6 to me so I assumed he already had the robe at the start of vol. 7.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 21:05   Link #3096
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I'm not sure but do sizes of the gears adjust themselves to fit the players' statue after the catastrophe? The new armor seem a bit too big for Touya although Serara's change is the most noticeable.

However, according to the flavor text of Shiroe's new Sage's Robe, it was obtained as a reward from "Wise Beastmen who lies in the Desert" raid quest. That doesn't sound like ch 2 part 6 to me so I assumed he already had the robe at the start of vol. 7.
It might not. Akatsuki's clothes didn't fit her right after her transformation, so she may have gone to a Tailor to get it readjusted to her new size.

If I remember correctly, he had the robes, just in storage or something. He didn't wear it until after getting killed, when he decided not to hold back.
Old 2014-09-26, 21:41   Link #3097
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here's Roe2:

Celestial Spirit Cloak+
A reinforced version of Shiroe's favorite manteau. It slightly increases attribute defense as denoted by the "plus" on the name. Only available on the test server. The equipment doesn't look that fashionable by itself, so Roe2 mixes and matches clothes with it.

Jack o' Lantern
A lantern obtainable only from the event-exclusive mob Evil Pumpkin. It gives off light that only the owner can see, and surrounds the owner's surroundings with darkness reminiscent of a new moon's night. Its cute appearance makes it famous among women, but is considerably hard to acquire.

Handful of Memories
On first glimpse, it looks like a small crystal fragment inside a small bottle. When the moon is full, it gathers fragments of "sympathy" sealed in an area as a Sacrament-Class item. From within the crystal, one can hear it teach the meaning of words regarded as "irreplaceable".

For Dariella:

Consort's Ring
A Phantasmal-Class ring worn by Alv women of nobility. The diamond inlay surrounding the alexandrite gem gives off a perplexing presence. The ring blesses the wearer with shortened cast times and curses the enemy with lowered resistances.

Robe of Eternal Darkness
Female-exclusive Phantasmal-Class garments made from a spider's silk threads showered with drops of night dew. It was originally a shawl, but the excess cloth was later woven into a dress. It gives a debuff that boosts the effects of skills as if the enemy is caught in a spider's web.

Yamato Atlas
An unfinished book where Dariella writes down various stories she acquires the people of Westelande. The latter half has drafts of an original story written there, but it is unsure if it is a countryside story, a legend, a family story, or a romance story.

Old 2014-09-27, 06:14   Link #3098
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
EDIT: Here's Isuzu too:

Flying Dolphin
A lute Maryele previously made, modified by the Roderick Firm guild by adding spiritual power to it. Wind spirits improve the sound produced, earth spirits boost her stamina, and fire and water spirits offer defenses against extreme cold and heat.

Hyakkamau Sougen no Cape (Cape of a Hundred Played Melodies)
A Bard-exclusive equipment made from Flowerprose-woven Cloth which can be acquired from a flower fairy who likes song and dance. When its wearer sings, one's body is surrounded by musical notes that dance in the air, increasing the effects of defensive songs.

Nomad's Hairband
A hairband made out of wool fibers woven into a brightly colored cloth. Despite its simple appearance, it boosts the skills of a Nomad, and can increase the effectiveness of a Bard's defensive songs.
Trivia: Flying Dolphin's alternate name is 精霊遊戯のリュート or Lute of the Fairies' Frolic, probably a reference to the elementals bond to it =3. Though, if I'm not wrong, their blessings are for the lute itself instead of Izusu (e.g. the Earth Fairy is there to make the lute sturdier) =3

Also, if I'm not wrong, the Nomad's Hairband only improves on the Bard's skills, not the Nomad's (surprisingly )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
If I remember correctly, he had the robes, just in storage or something. He didn't wear it until after getting killed, when he decided not to hold back.
It's hard to say whether Shiroe had the new staff and robe from the very beginning, or they were among the seven Phantamals the party had won from Vandemie of the 1st Garden and Elraider of the 5th Garden, on their way down the depths of Palm.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-27, 06:24   Link #3099
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
It might not. Akatsuki's clothes didn't fit her right after her transformation, so she may have gone to a Tailor to get it readjusted to her new size.

Tough luck then if your hard earned phantasmal equipments doesn't fit you especially if your head is too big.

Yeah that could be the case, works for me I guess. I'm not complaining actually just find it a bit unexpecting and curious as to how will the anime will handle the matter.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 08:38   Link #3100
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
It's hard to say whether Shiroe had the new staff and robe from the very beginning, or they were among the seven Phantamals the party had won from Vandemie of the 1st Garden and Elraider of the 5th Garden, on their way down the depths of Palm.
I'm pretty sure the lore stated it was loot from an overseas raid, which would rule out the idea of him acquiring it from Abyssal Shaft.

I think S2 will have the scrubby dubs get their new gear. Looking at the updated anime site, they all have new gear, but not their volume 8 ones. I'm guessing that if we're going to have a filler arc with them, it'll be about them going out to train some more. They have their v8 gear on the promo art/site cover/whatever it's called, but not on their character profiles.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers