AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-23, 08:07   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

For a supposedly smart guy, Amane is really slow on the uptake that something's wrong with Mahiru's home situation.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-23, 10:37   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
For a supposedly smart guy, Amane is really slow on the uptake that something's wrong with Mahiru's home situation.
I think it's less slow on the uptake and more being considerate of something that's private and very personal to her, especially since it makes her uncomfortable.
Old 2023-01-23, 11:38   Link #43
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it's less slow on the uptake and more being considerate of something that's private and very personal to her, especially since it makes her uncomfortable.
Yup. I think he's deciding to spoil her in little ways to comfort her instead. Which is why he's more of a "gentleman".
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-23, 13:44   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That would be true if he didn't press her on it.
Old 2023-01-23, 13:44   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
That would be true if he didn't press her on it.
I think he did it only slightly though, to the point where he's not being pushy.
Old 2023-01-23, 13:54   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I think he did it only slightly though, to the point where he's not being pushy.
He does it repeatedly.
Old 2023-01-23, 14:32   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
He does it repeatedly.
Maybe like once per episode? But I think that's far from being pushy about it.
Old 2023-01-28, 11:34   Link #48
Frontier

Amane and Mahiru have some explaining to do! I don't think Itsuki and Chitose are completely convinced that things between these two are completely platonic, especially when you look at what they're doing together, but they don't press too hard and just seem to enjoy the fact that these two found each other and seem to be good for each other. Plus Mahiru seems to actually like meeting Amane's friends .

Chitose can be a lot with her exciteable and up close and personal personality, but don't let Amane smacking her away from admiring Mahiru's angelic good looks fool you, she's a pretty solid gal. I think she and Mahiru could benefit from each others' company !

Oh Amane...the moment you realize you wanted your relationship with Mahiru to just be between you for a little longer, that's when you should know it's because you want to continue to be in your own little world with the girl you love .

Ah...watching the snow while sitting next to one another, eating some delicious Christmas dinner together...exchanging Christmas gifts...having a close and intimate gaming session together...these two are basically a couple in all but the point where they actually admit it to each other !

It seems like Mahiru received the closest to maternal affection from her housekeeper instead of her mother, and even that had it's limits, though Koyuki-san did help teach Mahiru her amazing cooking skills that did end up snagging a man. Trial run? More like mission accomplished .

A Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart parody! Gotta love how adorable Mahiru is leaning alongside her kart cart too. Even managed to land her in a nice lap pillow with Amane !

Mahiru is already in communication with her future mother-in-law and realizing she finds Amane attractive. Amane himself is pretty entranced by her beauty too. These two are just so adorable together. Especially standing in the veranda together and comforting one another !

Turnabout sick episode! We get sick Mahiru and Amane wastes no time making sure she's cared for and safe, right up to princess carrying her to his own bed. Quite the smooth gentleman, that Amane .

It really goes to show how comfortable Mahiru is with Amane that she unconsciously craves his presence and wants him to be around her, especially when she's not feeling well. That handholding!!! And Amane seems to be finally realizing how badly he has it for the Angel Next Door that Spoils Him Rotten that he spoils in-turn .
Old 2023-01-28, 14:12   Link #49
GDB

That was kind of a boring episode, to be honest. Was really hoping for more dialogue/impact from his friends learning about her. Maybe we'll get that in a couple of episodes when winter break is over and they go back to school.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-28, 18:13   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

Their relationship is certainly taking its time to develop.
Old 2023-01-29, 01:18   Link #51
Lex79

I'm other sure how much I'd enjoy being in Amane's current position. Yeah, he really enjoys the time he spends with Shiina, but being so close to the girl you love knowing there won't be anything more than friendship can be frustrating and hard. Of course, we know things between them are going to change sooner or later...
Old 2023-01-29, 01:42   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you can get past the underlying chauvinism, Otonari is quite restrained for a LN adaptation. But I can't help think it would be a more interesting and original story if they didn't inevitably fall for each other.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-29, 10:26   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you can get past the underlying chauvinism, Otonari is quite restrained for a LN adaptation. But I can't help think it would be a more interesting and original story if they didn't inevitably fall for each other.
I feel like the only way that would make sense is if there were like an age gap but then it would probably get weird .
Old 2023-01-29, 13:40   Link #54
Lex79

A possibility for a platonic ending is if Shiina mends her relationship with her family with Amane's help and move to live with them before she abd Amane become a couple. It would still be considered an happy ending in a sense...not the ending I want, though.
Old 2023-01-29, 17:50   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I feel like the only way that would make sense is if there were like an age gap but then it would probably get weird .
I know. I just feel like “two attractive teens become buddies without falling for each other despite the expectations of the world” is a much more interesting MacGuffin. I have no expectations any anime would go there in 2023, much less a LN, but it would be a fascinating riff on the question of whether guys and girls can be just friends.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-29, 18:22   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I know. I just feel like “two attractive teens become buddies without falling for each other despite the expectations of the world” is a much more interesting MacGuffin. I have no expectations any anime would go there in 2023, much less a LN, but it would be a fascinating riff on the question of whether guys and girls can be just friends.
It's just hard for me to imagine a platonic version of this series when the central premise is literally a budding romance with the two leads doing obvious couple things every episode .
Old 2023-01-30, 16:49   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They have utterly reached the point of everything the other person does starts making their hearts skip a beat. While in theory things could be dragged out forever. I can't imagine it actually taking forever. They are getting swept up in the budding romance.

At this point it'd be surprising for this to take more than a few more episodes. They can only take it so far .

As for the whole platonic thing. Sure in theory it could be fine. Just have a slice of life show with two leads that don't get into a romance. With some other focus it would work out. Although if the premise was centered around them not getting together while people expect it, then I think it would flop. That's a premise about nothing happening. Which means the show would be about non-existence and would get dull very fast.

Regardless, I'm happy with the premise of the show. The premise and results are why I'm watching it. So will continue enjoying seeing where things go and when this romantic tension will get to be too much for both sides .
Old 2023-01-30, 19:33   Link #58
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That's a premise about nothing happening. Which means the show would be about non-existence and would get dull very fast.
Seinfeld disagrees.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 00:04   Link #59
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:05.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 00:41   Link #60
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mahiru looking naturally angelic .