AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2021-04-08, 09:05   Link #3961
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That is really not true. The Jaegerist are preparing for war, the rest of the world still hates them with a passion and for good reasons now. It's only 3 years after the rumbling and they still obviously can't afford to start a war, but they would have started it already otherwise.

There is no upward trend unless the peace talks will succeed, but the story ends before showing that, so whether they do or not is entirely up to your speculation, not a fact.
Spoiler for Final chapter:
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 09:32   Link #3962
grecefar

ehhh 7/10, normally I'm not that salty for an ending but well... still this was a good long ride, can't deny everything else before just for the ending, but it started to go down for me when marley was introduced.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 09:32   Link #3963
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Historia is still queen, and able to protect the families of her friends. The Jaegerists may be preparing for war, but they're not preparing to invade anyone - without titans, they don't have the means. So, like I said, a tense peace.
The Jaegerists are eventually going to catch up with the rest of the world's technology (if they don't get killed first) so it's only a matter of time until they do start invading.

Quote:
Is it optimistic to think it'll succeed? Yes, but judging by how easy it was to convince the marleyan soldiers to stand down, how friendly Reiner and Annie are with the rest of them, and the general tone of the last few pages, I have reasons to be. I mean, I don't know my birds, but that white one that put Mikasa's scarf back on, was it a dove?
Reiner and Annie know the rest of them and feel guilt about betraying them. The Marleyans were to quick to stand down when it was end of the world time, will others be so quick now that world has ended and 80% of the population are dead?

I honestly can't believe that. Zero Requiem was more believable.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2021-04-08 at 10:04.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 09:50   Link #3964
El_Negro
Smurfee

Well that ending was really bittersweet.....

Was this ending a close ending for all major characters involved!? I highly doubt it, the author Isayama likes to leave things open ended and have his readers & fans speculating, personally I don't like it much.
Just give me a clear end-point to all this and be done with it, lol, nonetheless it was a good fun ride all around. Looking forward to whatever future works he has in store.

Spoiler for How it all goes down:

Spoiler for Hard-luck E/H shippers:

Last edited by El_Negro; 2021-04-08 at 10:02.
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 09:57   Link #3965
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The Jaegerists are eventually going to catch up with the rest of the world's technology (if they don't get killed first) so it's only a matter of time until they do start invading.
Catching up would require exchanges with the outside world. And even if they do, they'll be outnumbered.

Quote:

Reiner and Annie know the rest of them and feel guilt about betraying them. The Marleyans were to quick to stand down when it was end of the world time,
They stood down after the end of the world, after they had no further use for the Eldians.

Quote:
will others be so quick now that world has ended and 80% of the population are dead/

I honestly can't believe that. Zero Requiem was more believable.
My point is that it's bullshit they arrived to this point, so I expect more bullshit for some kind of global happily ever after where Paradis somehow makes peace with the rest of the world. (And all that bull is why I'm not happy with the ending.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 10:10   Link #3966
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Catching up would require exchanges with the outside world. And even if they do, they'll be outnumbered.
They must have already acquired some stuff by now. Technology won't be improving for at least a generation and the Paradisians have the advantage of a relatively unscathed people and industry.

Quote:
They stood down after the end of the world, after they had no further use for the Eldians.
The world had basically just ended at that point. People might have been awed by Armin's heroics then, but 3 years after the fact, after having to live with 80% of people being dead.

Quote:
My point is that it's bullshit they arrived to this point, so I expect more bullshit for some kind of global happily ever after where Paradis somehow makes peace with the rest of the world. (And all that bull is why I'm not happy with the ending.)
If it was all bullshit all along, then the genocide thing just feels meaningless. At least copy Zero Requiem properly.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 10:14   Link #3967
bastek66

Most disappointed people are shippers of Histora and Eren despite nothing ever indicating there is any romance between them. At least with Mikasa there was some blushing from him. Delusions like always.
Old 2021-04-08, 14:30   Link #3968
Blaat

A frustrating ending as there are elements I like: Eren being enslaved by his future memories, Levi, Connie and Jean seeing the scouts/Sasha, Eren's "Lelouche plan" not totally working, Eren not wanting to die and most of his conversation with Armin.
But also elements I don't like such as Armin thanking Eren for being a mass murderer , main cast forgiving Eren a little bit too easily, Mikasa suddenly being important to Ymir but we can only speculate on why and the worm disappearing off screen.

At the end I don't think I consider this a GoT level ending, nowhere near as close but it's certainly not a good one.
Old 2021-04-08, 15:41   Link #3969
The Small One

What me bothers the most is, that we don't get a satisfying explanation on the origins or the exact working of the titan's power. Instead they vanished as mysteriously as they appeared.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 16:39   Link #3970
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Last Chapter
That was a good ending. Sorta sad Eren and Mikasa did not get to live out there lives together but that works. Has for the author he sure knows how to make a genocidal guy(Eren) look like a true hero. Good job ISAYAMA Hajime on that one, but also a good ending.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 18:01   Link #3971
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After sleeping on it, I'd say this ending was in line with the way the manga has been this past year. For me it all started going downhill after the Rumbling started and at some point I started wishing it would just end already. Well, I finally got what I wanted. I am free!
Old 2021-04-08, 19:48   Link #3972
Wandering Soul

Now that I have had some time to think about it, I wouldn't say this is as bad as GOT, but it's still a disappointing ending with some baffling character and plot decisions.
Old 2021-04-08, 20:32   Link #3973
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for Final Chapter Thoughts:
Old 2021-04-08, 23:46   Link #3974
devilo96

hell...80% population already gone...if yaeger faction want to start the damn war...maybe they can win...cuz yager faction have that. gas n sword + gun now...but enemy only have a gun and no titan
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 07:27   Link #3975
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
That's why they haven't attacked already, and the manga clearly spells out that Paradis might still be completely eradicated.

Quote:
They who? Marley basically no longer exists, all that remains of them is a few Marleyan soldiers that stood at the end. Those might have decided to not kill the refugee Eldians thanks to Armin's intervention who they had just witnessed saving the world, but their decision is of no consequence to the rest of the surviving world.

Quote:
I think you are disappointed that it didn't end with either faction being completely eradicated, but ironically that's what would have led to peace. This ending instead suggests that war will start over again eventually, because that's just how Isayama's bleak vision of the world is: due to human's nature war is inevitable.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 07:45   Link #3976
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The ending is open enough to let people free to believe what they want. Narration says it won't end until one side is eradicated, but the manga ends with Armin and the others coming to explain themselves in the hope it will lead to peace. Both options are on the table.
Old 2021-04-09, 09:15   Link #3977
zztop

Some mangaka have taken to drawing artwork to celebrate Shingeki's final chapter.

1) Miyajima Reiji (Rental Girlfriend)
https://twitter.com/Miyajimareiji/st...415877/photo/1

2) Ishida Sui (Tokyo Ghoul)
https://i.redd.it/9v7s3albo1s61.jpg
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 09:27   Link #3978
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That's why they haven't attacked already, and the manga clearly spells out that Paradis might still be completely eradicated.

They who? Marley basically no longer exists, all that remains of them is a few Marleyan soldiers that stood at the end. Those might have decided to not kill the refugee Eldians thanks to Armin's intervention who they had just witnessed saving the world, but their decision is of no consequence to the rest of the surviving world.
It contributes to the optimistic mood of the whole thing.

Quote:
I think you are disappointed that it didn't end with either faction being completely eradicated, but ironically that's what would have led to peace.
Meh. They'd have found some reason to kill each other eventually.

Quote:
This ending instead suggests that war will start over again eventually, because that's just how Isayama's bleak vision of the world is: due to human's nature war is inevitable.
And where has that bleak vision gone? It's honestly been pretty hard to find since Marleyans and Eldians started forgiving each other and cooperating willy nilly.

Early on, Pixis and Eren talked, agreeing that a big common threat wouldn't be enough to unite people. In the last arc, Eren became a big common threat that united the people. Heck, he wasn't even a threat to Paradis, as such, but his friends still turned on him to join the global "let's kill Eren" effort.
Old 2021-04-09, 14:24   Link #3979
Ligerleon89

Quote:
It contributes to the optimistic mood of the whole thing.

Meh. They'd have found some reason to kill each other eventually.

And where has that bleak vision gone? It's honestly been pretty hard to find since Marleyans and Eldians started forgiving each other and cooperating willy nilly.

Early on, Pixis and Eren talked, agreeing that a big common threat wouldn't be enough to unite people. In the last arc, Eren became a big common threat that united the people. Heck, he wasn't even a threat to Paradis, as such, but his friends still turned on him to join the global "let's kill Eren" effort.
True, however just because the surviving Marley soldiers won't beef with Eldians doesn't mean that others other than them won't find a way to bring the fight to those they believe destroyed their world, even after news dropped that it was Eren that did it. Those who survived the rumbling, someone is going to find a way to avenge their loss, no matter what it takes or how long. It's not the first time somebody would make someone else pay for sins caused by the wrongdoer, in this case Eren.
Old 2021-04-09, 15:20   Link #3980
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
True, however just because the surviving Marley soldiers won't beef with Eldians doesn't mean that others other than them won't find a way to bring the fight to those they believe destroyed their world, even after news dropped that it was Eren that did it. Those who survived the rumbling, someone is going to find a way to avenge their loss, no matter what it takes or how long. It's not the first time somebody would make someone else pay for sins caused by the wrongdoer, in this case Eren.
Yeah. But
- the last pages are about sending a peace mission to Paradis, not an invasion fleet. And they're more worried about the Jaegerists than about the outside world being vengeful, for some reason.
- saying the Eldians are going to get genocided after all is like saying all the Ewoks are going to die and the Forest Moon of Endor is going to be devastated because of the debris of the space battle falling. Without even the justification of solid numbers to run.