AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-31, 19:39   Link #61
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

It's never indicated ANYWHERE that they definately remember their previous lives. They only know what Dante's told them (and who wants to bet she was involved in Envys creation somehow?)
Old 2004-08-31, 21:18   Link #62
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Oh wow, I just realised that the city Pride sees when he takes the elevator down to Dante's hideaway is the same underground city we see at the start of the OP.
Old 2004-08-31, 22:58   Link #63
gaheris

I wonder if anyone lives there? lol
Old 2004-08-31, 23:08   Link #64
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Hmm, I have a way out FMA theory

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-01, 00:18   Link #65
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Hmm, I have a way out FMA theory

Spoiler:
Wahaha, homo luv
Old 2004-09-01, 02:16   Link #66
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-09-01, 03:12   Link #67
Gabriel710
Angel Of Death

Damn didnt know Envy was this strong in the anime. He had just jump as my third favorite sin. Oh yah by the way did you guys notice how Pride was easily avoiding Envys punches? Envy is strong but you gotta admit Pride has speed. Plus notice how calm Pride was when he was on the ground. Damn I really wanna see a full fight between this two.

I think Envys name is fitting since he is verry Envious of Ed and Al for being Hohenheims favorite instead of him. Plus how Pride mathches his name by being Dantes Masterpiece.
Old 2004-09-01, 03:20   Link #68
dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-01, 03:53   Link #69
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Damn! Yeah, Envy pretty much shot up my favourite sin's chart! I loved how he freaked out!

Anyhow, this episode was fantastic... bring on the next episodes!
Old 2004-09-01, 13:15   Link #70
Antonik

Lust becoming a human would be the best thing to happen in the last episodes, but i doubt that will happen somehow somewhere they will kill her off, maybe by dante herself.
Old 2004-09-01, 15:53   Link #71
rorosama

So envy is one of hoenheims kids? Didn't know that. Explains his hatred of ed and al. I hope for once we get a nice lengthy one on one battle between somebody strong in this show.
Old 2004-09-01, 18:03   Link #72
Mashimaro
q8D

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-01, 19:54   Link #73
knightsabers

In next episodes...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-01, 22:19   Link #74
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
i love the part when the sensei said christianity is a religion that's abandoned, that would really piss off white fundies in the states if they dont edit that out ! XD
Old 2004-09-02, 06:00   Link #75
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
Interesting to see that Envy is that strong. It will be interesting to see what the finale is like in the next few episodes .
Old 2004-09-02, 07:16   Link #76
Steffa
Ninja Guru

i think the anime is losing it a little bit...it always leaves an edge to things and never explains them properly...and most of all we never get to see full on fights of alchemy...it's starting to piss me off...i just want to get to the last episode and get it done and over with...
Old 2004-09-02, 08:02   Link #77
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
i love the part when the sensei said christianity is a religion that's abandoned, that would really piss off white fundies in the states if they dont edit that out ! XD
This combined with the 'real world' images seen in Ed's Truth experience (including the US flag) and some mention of Britain in some onscreen text, does raise the spectre of a distant future post apocalyptic time frame. I hope there is a worthy reason for this and not just some weak explaination to fob us off.

The large hidden city under Central is really puzzling, just how could a city that big exist underground intact, let alone be constructed in the first place? Unless it was left over from the 'old world'?

However I've been thinking perhaps this is Dante's perfect world, built by her for her and her Humonculi. There they will live away from the human scum above in a free world unsullied by humanity. As Izumi's flashback showed Dante doesn't like humans and wants to live in a world free from them. Perhaps they plan to outlive the humans. Maybe even eradicate them. Maybe Envy's little virus will be used to wipe them out?
Old 2004-09-02, 09:03   Link #78
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Quote:
just how could a city that big exist underground intact, let alone be constructed in the first place? Unless it was left over from the 'old world'?
I dunno, it seems kind of ruinous to be newly build.

Covering it over wouldn't be a problem for someone using alchemy.
Old 2004-09-02, 09:25   Link #79
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
I dunno, it seems kind of ruinous to be newly build.

Covering it over wouldn't be a problem for someone using alchemy.
If Dante did create it using alchemy it could be anything up to 400 years old. There also seems to be quite a few churches amongst the buildings...
Old 2004-09-02, 11:42   Link #80
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
This combined with the 'real world' images seen in Ed's Truth experience (including the US flag) and some mention of Britain in some onscreen text, does raise the spectre of a distant future post apocalyptic time frame. I hope there is a worthy reason for this and not just some weak explaination to fob us off.

The large hidden city under Central is really puzzling, just how could a city that big exist underground intact, let alone be constructed in the first place? Unless it was left over from the 'old world'?

However I've been thinking perhaps this is Dante's perfect world, built by her for her and her Humonculi. There they will live away from the human scum above in a free world unsullied by humanity. As Izumi's flashback showed Dante doesn't like humans and wants to live in a world free from them. Perhaps they plan to outlive the humans. Maybe even eradicate them. Maybe Envy's little virus will be used to wipe them out?
I really doubt that FMA is post-apocalyptic. There's nothing in it that supports that. Instead I'm inclined to believe that FMA is an alternate reality of our world where Christianity was wiped out in the 1500s-1600s because of the creation of the Philosopher's Stone. Dante and Hohenheim, two powerful alchemists turning immortal would definitely reshape the way things would be.

In fact, if the world went without a main religion for 400 over years, that would easily explain why certain breakthroughs can happen in the FMA world so quickly as compared to ours. Without the constrains of morality and religious opposition, issues like artificial limbs, cloning, genetic experiments, etc would easily proceed without people thinking twice about it.

The worldview of FMA is very consistant with the late 19th century and early 20th century of our world, and the things mentioned 400 years ago like the witch hunts and the black plague are also somewhat consistant with the events in the 14th to 16th centuries.

If FMA is supposed to be a look into the possible reality of what a godless socieity would operate and live, it's definitely more thought provoking and interesting than it just being a post-apocalyptic world.
Closed Thread