AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 20:00   Link #381
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Yeah you are absolutly right
I try my best, but it's apparently not enough. Still, no matter what I am a C.C. and C.C.xLelouch fan and nothing can change that!!

So Narona and Eliarine you guys are french? He cool, I live pretty close to France(soulth Germany)
Nothing can change that.... But you know, it might not happen.

Yes I am. To be fair, I'm only 50% French, but I live in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
You know, I really don't care that much about romance in this series. But the reason I used to try and defend SuzakuxKallen is mainly that if there's one thing that annoys me in fandom, it's people who think they know everything that will happen. No one here is part of the staff as far as I know, so we're all entitled to our opinion and can speculate all we want.

@ Narona & Avira: Yay for Europe! \o/ Et vive la France 8D
We can say that everything can happen but Suzaku x Kallen isn't developed at all and for now there is no sign of a possible romance between them.

Vive la France... c'est vite dit
Old 2008-07-23, 20:00   Link #382
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to say she had some sort of mental breakdown or something that reduced her to the mindset of a child?
Well, considering they won't have any pesky familial registration to go through, with the revolution having surely destabilized the government of Japan by then, that could work too.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:04   Link #383
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Tianzi isn't from god knows what past century, nor is Xing-ke chasing her skirt, so to speak.
Are you sure about that? She was raised in a pretty traditional setting without seeing much of the outside world in a closed off environment. And what, are you calling Lelouch a playboy now?
Old 2008-07-23, 20:15   Link #384
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Nothing can change that.... But you know, it might not happen.

Yes I am. To be fair, I'm only 50% French, but I live in France

We can say that everything can happen but Suzaku x Kallen isn't developed at all and for now there is no sign of a possible romance between them.

Vive la France... c'est vite dit
man thats a shame, i stopped taking french...i only remember a little though, i wish i could pick it up again :X, you should teach me sometime! (bonjour! comment ca va? ma francais est tres mal...j'etudie francais a ma l'ecole) - i already forgot past tense oh well

anyway back onto topic, what do you mean lulu can't have a good relationship with C.C.? he could always have a sense of guilt down inside and that might make him wnat to be with her even more...plus it'd just be bad for her to let her go out and get taken advantage of by some weird britannian guy...she's living in like the 1500s haha, if i were lulu i wouldn't be able to bring myself to just toss her out
Old 2008-07-23, 20:33   Link #385
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Are you sure about that? She was raised in a pretty traditional setting without seeing much of the outside world in a closed off environment. And what, are you calling Lelouch a playboy now?
Tianzi was educated, CChi was not. Tianzi led a proper life with everything necessary to develop at least some semblance of maturity, CChi did not. Tianzi and Kaguya, while children on the outside, were raised to be leaders. Their level of maturity is levels above what one would find in a slavegirl who lived by the whims of a master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
anyway back onto topic, what do you mean lulu can't have a good relationship with C.C.? he could always have a sense of guilt down inside and that might make him wnat to be with her even more...plus it'd just be bad for her to let her go out and get taken advantage of by some weird britannian guy...she's living in like the 1500s haha, if i were lulu i wouldn't be able to bring myself to just toss her out
As it stands, he's not romantically involved with a grown woman, he's taking care of a child. He's not going to toss her aside, but he's not going to try to make moves on her either. If it lasts long enough, as in CChi exists long enough, the relationship is likely to become familial more than romantic. CChi is in the mindset of a ten year old that never experienced familial love, which is likely what she will find in Lelouch as I don't see a ten year old gunning for romance. And so, that is why I am all for a KallenxLelouchxCChi ending.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:37   Link #386
Micante

I always got the intention that Tianzi was raised more to be the figurehead and a puppet than a leader. I mean, the Eunuchs sure didn't bother teaching her any indepedant leadership thinking skills. I'm not sure anything was said about Kaguya's leadership skills, but I'll just take your word for that.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:39   Link #387
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Tianzi was educated, CChi was not. Tianzi led a proper life with everything necessary to develop at least some semblance of maturity, CChi did not. Tianzi and Kaguya, while children on the outside, were raised to be leaders. Their level of maturity is levels above what one would find in a slavegirl who lived by the whims of a master.
Okay, that's nice, now tell us how you really feel Var

Seriously though, I'll give Moe!C.C the benefit of the doubt depending on how the interaction with Lelouch plays out, I think he should be able to handle this well enough for the option to still be considered, and quite favorably as a matter of personal opinion
Old 2008-07-23, 20:39   Link #388
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
I always got the intention that Tianzi was raised more to be the figurehead and a puppet than a leader. I mean, the Eunuchs sure didn't bother teaching her any indepedant leadership thinking skills. I'm not sure anything was said about Kaguya's leadership skills, but I'll just take your word for that.
A figure head still needs to be competent and able to command respect, otherwise its pointless. We've seen that she knows her place in society, and she can act 'adult-like', for instance during her wedding.

As for Kaguya, we saw how sharp and politically savy she is.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:40   Link #389
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Lulu probably hoped that Tianzi had some leadership education, that's why he tried to negotiate with her. Much to his surprise, she barely has any ability to understand what he was trying to tell her.
Not all lolis are like Kaguya, much to Zero's disappointment.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:41   Link #390
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu probably hoped that Tianzi had some leadership education, that's why he tried to negotiate with her. Much to his surprise, she barely has any ability to understand what he was trying to tell her.
Not all lolis are like Kaguya, much to Zero's disappointment.
I'm pretty sure that had a good bit to do with her being afraid of Zero, and having just had a gun held to her head.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:43   Link #391
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

She says herself that she's not too good with such discussions. Unlike Kaguya, her having knowledge of the political landscape wasn't necessary.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:44   Link #392
Micante

Why would the Eunuchs bother on educating her on how to be a leader though? Doesn't that kind of risk the Eunuchs losing their power? I don't think Li had time to educate Tianzi, heck, from what we know, they might not even have met face to face since that promise was made and until the wedding incident.

Tianzi probably just got a bunch of highly expensive tutors thrown at her that made sure she learned nothing of the outside world.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:46   Link #393
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She says herself that she's not too good with such discussions. Unlike Kaguya, her having knowledge of the political landscape wasn't necessary.
Quote:
Why would the Eunuchs bother on educating her on how to be a leader though? Doesn't that kind of risk the Eunuchs losing their power? I don't think Li had time to educate Tianzi, heck, from what we know, they might not even have met face to face since that promise was made and until the wedding incident.

Tianzi probably just got a bunch of highly expensive tutors thrown at her that made sure she learned nothing of the outside world.
Hum, good points. Alright, I'll concede the ability to exist on the political stage. Though she is likely still educated far more than a slave girl.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:48   Link #394
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Hum, good points. Alright, I'll concede the ability to exist on the political stage. Though she is likely still educated far more than a slave girl.
Hey, whose probably the best tutor you can find? That's right, Lelouch
Old 2008-07-23, 20:50   Link #395
Micante

Comparing her education with C.C.'s education is kind of onesided. Not only does Tianzi have money to afford it, she lived in a more technological advanced time where education was mandatory and the methods taught were more efficient.

We don't know where or when C.C. came from. For all we know, she could have been a poor prodigy.

Oh yeah, why are we even discussing this?

EDIT: @KS: Lelouch will sleep in class, even if he is the teacher. That's just the way of the Geass.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:52   Link #396
Var
Banned

Quote:
Comparing her education with C.C.'s education is kind of onesided. Not only does Tianzi have money to afford it, she lived in a more technological advanced time where education was mandatory and the methods taught were more efficient.

We don't know where or when C.C. came from. For all we know, she could have been a poor prodigy.

Oh yeah, why are we even discussing this?
The reason I compared them, really, was that I believe that a child's education influences how fast they grow and how they grow. Someone like CChi who had no proper upbringing would not grow or mature nearly as fast as someone who has, in general.

That is what we were discussing, mostly.
Old 2008-07-23, 20:56   Link #397
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:

As it stands, he's not romantically involved with a grown woman, he's taking care of a child. He's not going to toss her aside, but he's not going to try to make moves on her either. If it lasts long enough, as in CChi exists long enough, the relationship is likely to become familial more than romantic. CChi is in the mindset of a ten year old that never experienced familial love, which is likely what she will find in Lelouch as I don't see a ten year old gunning for romance. And so, that is why I am all for a KallenxLelouchxCChi ending.
haha that's a good point, i got confused when someone said "to have c.c. as a kid"...i was like what? kallen and lulu make babies = c.c.? that doens't make sense

lol thanks for clearing it up...but that is a plausible ending...didn't the director say that lulu was going to get a good ending this time lol
Old 2008-07-23, 21:16   Link #398
Micante

Quote:
The reason I compared them, really, was that I believe that a child's education influences how fast they grow and how they grow. Someone like CChi who had no proper upbringing would not grow or mature nearly as fast as someone who has, in general.

That is what we were discussing, mostly.
It's hard to really compare the maturity level of Tianzi and C.C.rewinded since although Tianzi has an obvious education advantage, that's about where her maturity ends. C.C., on the other hand, has had to know the hard ship of work as a small child and understands the misgivings of the world better due to what we've seen of her lifestyle. I guess it's just someone's opinion on what truly defines maturity, in the end.
Old 2008-07-23, 21:26   Link #399
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
It's hard to really compare the maturity level of Tianzi and C.C.rewinded since although Tianzi has an obvious education advantage, that's about where her maturity ends. C.C., on the other hand, has had to know the hard ship of work as a small child and understands the misgivings of the world better due to what we've seen of her lifestyle. I guess it's just someone's opinion on what truly defines maturity, in the end.
QFT

And also, I heard that:
Spoiler for Kind of a ep16 spoiler:
Old 2008-07-23, 21:36   Link #400
Micante

Alright, I'm just going to say something completely different now.

Am I the only C.CXLelouch fan that found it immensely satisfying that C.C. chose Lelouch over her contract in the end? All this time, one of the biggest arguments about C.C.XLelouch was that she was only in it to the contract. Take that contract! You've been beaten down to the ground and forgotten! Don't try to deny it by saying something like C.C. only pushed Charles away because he was trying to cop a feel >.>.

I want my old C.C. back if just to see how she would react when Marianne or Lelouch ask about how she screwed the contract over for Lelouch.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance