AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Couple Mai Hime / Otome
Reito X Mai 25 16.23%
Tate/Sergay X Mai 44 28.57%
Akira X Takumi 55 35.71%
Tate/Sergay X Natsuki 2 1.30%
Akane X Kazuya 9 5.84%
Reito/Rad X Shizuru 5 3.25%
Ishigami X Yukariko 0 0%
Nagi X Mashiro 7 4.55%
Takeda X Natsuki 7 4.55%
Reito/Rad X Midori 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-10, 04:58   Link #41
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
I demand a "shipping sucks" option.
I second this
But, back on topic, my favorite couple is, and always will be, Mai and Tate. Probably one of the most interesting and believable pairing I've seen in an anime show. Conflicted and passionate, I love it so much.
Then, since I'm a freak when it comes to pairings, in Mai Otome I absolutely love the pairing NinaxNagi, because they complement each other so perfectly, in the most disastrous way for the rest of the world
Old 2008-01-10, 06:16   Link #42
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

Mai/Tate ^^

And the boys gotta stay away from Natsuki. Shizuru would go psycho on them. c:
Old 2008-02-27, 19:34   Link #43
Yorassuko

I voted Akane and Kazu-kun ...but that's before I saw Takeda x Natsuki.
That's the one I was with all thru the first season.

Akane x Kazu-kun really was nice though.
Love it when Akane gets jealous @ Kazu when he's in the ...right situations xDDD

I guess in 3rd for me would be Mai x Reito.
I only got on that train because I so disliked Mai x Tate though ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Right now I really can’t think of any non-Shoujo-ai relationship in MO worthy enough to comment on. Am I missing any? The only other one I can think of would be the little palace boy proposing to Haruka in the DVD Omake... Haha that was sweet.
lmao. That can't count, but I can't think of a time I've been so fond of Haruka. I love that kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenk View Post
takedaxnatsuki

their scenes together were just great. the beach episode. haha i was literally cracking up. what if takeda was in that car when natsuki attempted to hitchhike? haha.
hahaha, that would've made the series!
Old 2008-03-29, 11:34   Link #44
Nadine Phoenix
PhoenixBlaze

Man,that was so hard to choose.
I voted for Akira/Takumi aka Takira.They are so sweet together.
Mai and Tate are good too.
So's Nina/Sergay.
And my favorite:Natsuji aka Natsuki/Kyoji.
Old 2008-04-03, 23:06   Link #45
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

None of the above. I'm getting tired of Shiz/Nat, even though I like that pairing. All the NOOBS are coming up with nothing but Shiz/Nat, no variety for me. I'm a shoujo ai person, sorry to disappoint. I like what I like. None of these couples make my list. But on a personal note, I absolutely can't stand Nina/Serugei... :S
Old 2009-07-20, 13:55   Link #46
444yum
A person

MaixTate
They already showed how their relationship progressed in Mai-HiME. But as for Sergay, I highly think he's not Tate because...

Spoiler for Mai-Otome Manga:
Old 2009-07-20, 16:03   Link #47
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Why is Tate placed alongside Sergay?

Couple thoughts:

I doubt Mai can handle Reito in an intellectual way. That relationship will be so one-sided it'd look like a four million strong Zentradi fleet passing through the Solar System, brushing away its resistance and leaving Earth devoid of all life within seconds. And I guess people don't know, but according to the Drama CD, Reito is apparently a closet pervert.

On the other hand, the person to ever possess the necessary mental capacity to handle Reito was Shizuru. If I am not mistaken, that was also the rumor to go around the school. Its just too bad that she is gay.

And while Mai x Tate won't make the most dynamic of couples, they match very well. Both of them being rather down-to-Earth concerning a lot of things.

As for Nina? Sorry, that was just wrong. I don't care what people say, but there is an extent to my open mindedness!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-07-20 at 17:15.
Old 2009-07-20, 20:17   Link #48
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
My favorite couple would be Mai X Tate, of course! They look perfect for each other! <3

Akane X Kazuya comes in the second place for me! ^_^
Old 2009-07-21, 07:13   Link #49
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

On the other hand, the person to ever possess the necessary mental capacity to handle Reito was Shizuru. If I am not mistaken, that was also the rumor to go around the school. Its just too bad that she is gay.
They would have definitely made an awesome couple

Anyway, after Sifr my new favorite couples are RenaxShiro and Sakuraxher Master XD
Old 2009-07-21, 09:50   Link #50
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
They would have definitely made an awesome couple
Come to think of it, I think you're both right. Reito and Shizuru does kinda look good together.

I don't like Mai X Reito, though. Just my personal opinion...
Old 2009-07-21, 12:50   Link #51
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Me neither. With Tate she has a more balanced relationship, as Tak wrote above.

Reito is... for someone else, and Shizuru would be the most fitted choice. Or Nao.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:33   Link #52
Tak

Quote:

Reito is... for someone else, and Shizuru would be the most fitted choice. Or Nao.
... man, if Nao ever gets hooked with Reito, it'd be like an arms race with no one getting on top.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-21, 15:42   Link #53
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Yeah. That's why it would be extremely funny to watch. From a *very* safe distance.

But no, seriously I can't see anyone other than Shizuru able to bear (restrain?) him. Oh, well, NagixReito counts as a non-shoujo-ai couple? XD
Old 2009-07-21, 18:37   Link #54
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Me neither. With Tate she has a more balanced relationship, as Tak wrote above.

Not only that but Mai and Reito don't look good together! Tate is a better fit! ^_^

Nao? Why Nao? Just curious...

But I agree that Shizuru would be the better one for him.
Old 2009-07-22, 02:50   Link #55
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Why Nao? No idea, I'm just too inclined in shipping the most wicked pairings around
Old 2009-07-22, 08:18   Link #56
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Why Nao? No idea, I'm just too inclined in shipping the most wicked pairings around
I sometimes do the same thing too! XD

I'm just keeping quiet about it...
Old 2009-07-23, 05:30   Link #57
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

And I guess people don't know, but according to the Drama CD, Reito is apparently a closet pervert.

- Tak

While that's true about the drama CD, I don't think Reito fits with anyone. I see him as a closet asexual who lives the metro lifestyle. I can totally see him as Shibuya scenester with his civilian attire...which is why I like him....he's just as vain as I am LOL.

And what's wrong with Shizuru swinging the other way? I like that other walks of life are represented. I like hetero relationships too but sometimes they can be extremely "Vanilla" and boring.
I'm glad that certain directors choose to explore other relationships while turning a cheek at certain prejudices.
And if it's not for that purpose...then I say, BRING ON THE FANSERVICE!

As for Mai and Tate...I say they fit well. They both represent the genre or Japan's idea of normal, Plain Janes/Johns. Mai wouldn't fit well with Reito just because of the fact that Reito is just too Prime. And really...in the end...Reito's 1st love is himself which is great!

--Lone Wolf (resident lecher woman)
一匹狼
Old 2009-07-23, 05:51   Link #58
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
As for Mai and Tate...I say they fit well. They both represent the genre or Japan's idea of normal, Plain Janes/Johns. Mai wouldn't fit well with Reito just because of the fact that Reito is just too Prime. And really...in the end...Reito's 1st love is himself which is great!
HELL YEAH~

Like I said before they're perfect for each other!
Old 2009-07-23, 07:28   Link #59
Tak

Quote:
While that's true about the drama CD, I don't think Reito fits with anyone. I see him as a closet asexual who lives the metro lifestyle. I can totally see him as Shibuya scenester with his civilian attire...which is why I like him....he's just as vain as I am LOL.
Does that attire include a very flamboyant set of suit & tie, with very dark sunglasses and a tattoo in the back?

Quote:
And what's wrong with Shizuru swinging the other way? I like that other walks of life are represented. I like hetero relationships too but sometimes they can be extremely "Vanilla" and boring.
As a ShizuNat fan myself, I'd say no. Although I do note that if she ever wanted to walk all over Natsuki, she could... er... oh wait...

- Tak

Old 2009-07-23, 15:55   Link #60
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Does that attire include a very flamboyant set of suit & tie, with very dark sunglasses and a tattoo in the back?
Actually that's not at all "scenester." He's probably more Beckham. Reito isn't flamboyant. He's got class in his appearance but at the same time, his casual wear doesn't consist of "stuffy." Think back to the episode where he's comforting a half-dressed Mai. His outfit, fitted jeans and a somewhat Haute Couture shirt. The guy obviously has money given his family background.

But the one piece of evidence that I have a difficult time finding is that Shizuru is equally rich. There's is absolutely nothing in the source materials that point to her financial situation in Mai Hime. If anything, it just makes her sound more like a country bumpkin Well, we do know that Haruka is filthy rich and was kind enough to financially support the reconstruction of Fuuka Gakuen.
And to attempt to make the subject a bit more relevant to this thread, it's painfully evident that she's got homophobia...she'll most likely end up with a rich fellow when the time comes for her to settle down. Haruka/Yukino fans can despise me all they want for saying that but in the end you all know it's true given the evidence. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else in the Hime Universe that she could possibly fall for (Male).

Quote:
As a ShizuNat fan myself, I'd say no. Although I do note that if she ever wanted to walk all over Natsuki, she could... er... oh wait...
Well....Shizuru would rather kill herself than do that as we know her devotion. And I think the only thing that could truly make Shizuru suffer if Natsuki bit the dust which is why her mind went to a gradual descent into darkness in the first place which is was specifically pointed out in the Drama CDs..well one track that focused on Shizuru's angst.

Natsuki mentally has more control over Shizuru just for the mere fact that she exists and this has somewhat to do with the fact that Natsuki isn't that impressed with Shizuru like her fanclub is. If Natsuki had never met Shizuru, Shizuru would have remained aloof and Natsuki wouldn't care either way if she wasn't close to Shizuru.

Refer to the Novel adaptation of the Anime Series (No not Natsuki no Prelude) but the actual Novels. It actually describes the scenes so much better than the episodes ever did and just like most novels, there's more additional details (ugh this reminds me...I have to finish the Macross Frontiers Novels )

Scroll down below Hime Destiny for the Novels I'm referring to. Plus the additional 2 books below that.
http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/my-hime...cts/novel.html

In fact, I recommend these Novels over the TV series.

LOL, it's scary to think that I'm one of the few fans that own almost every single product.....the only thing I'm missing are the Mai Hime Zippo lighters.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Closed Thread