AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 21:19   Link #1141
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think it's easier to remember them by faction rather than all the characters. Also, referring to the event time frame is pretty useful so you don't have to rewatch the previous episodes. We're still on Day 1, if you look through the events, there really not that much that happened. You can always refer to the character charts too.

I honestly don't feel there are that many characters or events compared to say SRW: OG The Inspector or something.
Ah thanks for the information...

Well, i managed to differentiate the character based on the voice i recognize, but well, with this many character, my ear has started to fail me too...
As for SRW OG, i remember them all because i play the games, but as for Horizon, my source right now is anime only. So yeah, it kinda hard to remember them all based on anime appearance only.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 21:19   Link #1142
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
Here an explanation to support LN's explanation since LN explanation sound too fishy to accept even for me lol
It doesn't make sense that The main religion such as Islam and Christ would obey faithfully to the holy testament when they already have their own. The only way to unite(control) all religion is the make them believe their religion is wrong while maintain their power in the world.
Well, as long as the testament promise power and authority to those Major religion, I guess they will be obedient and follow it and unpredictable rebellion against testament will be prevented .Unless the testament is malfunction and stop reproducing history lol
I would argue Heaven's a mistranslation, I think people universally just translated it as that for 天上 (Tenjou). EDGE, which is the period before GENESIS (the current time frame), took place in space. The most powerful beings to date are the physical manifestation of the concept cores of individual worlds in the AHEAD period (which is before EDGE). There are no omnipotents in this world. We could discuss more this in the light novel threads if you wish, since we're getting into spoiler range of the other series.

Also, I extremely dislike the fact that all the translations basically just ignored the concept of Ether and Ether Veins. This is not a matter of Earth's different layers and nuclear meltdown causing explosions. This is literally the source of power in this world going berserk causing the explosion. The "Gods of War" are being powered by this Ether fuel and that's why they get screwed when touching the blue energy field. They could keep ignoring the terms and translate 'em in a way that people make sense out of them, but it just irks me a crapton. I forsee they would eventually run into translation issues for future episodes (and season 2) if they just keep ignoring this.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 21:23   Link #1143
DorkingtonPugsly

What I just saw was what I had expected from this series long ago, but I guess with this many characters, history, plot, setting, and what not the really amazing stuff are saved for later in the story. Well if I'm correct the next episode should be the last part of Book 1 (Arc 1 Part 1), so it should be good... no it will be good, it really better be!
Old 2011-10-25, 21:32   Link #1144
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I would argue Heaven's a mistranslation, I think people universally just translated it as that for 天上 (Tenjou). EDGE, which is the period before GENESIS (the current time frame), took place in space. The most powerful beings to date are the physical manifestation of the concept cores of individual worlds in the AHEAD period (which is before EDGE). There are no omnipotents in this world. We could discuss more this in the light novel threads if you wish, since we're getting into spoiler range of the other series.

Also, I extremely dislike the fact that all the translations basically just ignored the concept of Ether and Ether Veins. This is not a matter of Earth's different layers and nuclear meltdown causing explosions. This is literally the source of power in this world going berserk causing the explosion. The "Gods of War" are being powered by this Ether fuel and that's why they get screwed when touching the blue energy field. They could keep ignoring the terms and translate 'em in a way that people make sense out of them, but it just irks me a crapton. I forsee they would eventually run into translation issues for future episodes (and season 2) if they just keep ignoring this.
Isn't Ley more accurate than Ether?
Old 2011-10-25, 21:37   Link #1145
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Isn't Ley more accurate than Ether?
Yes, but most people tend to just refer to this infodump, so I don't want to make it even more confusing. The energy is call ether for sure though, 地脈 is the term that I'm annoyed about.
Old 2011-10-25, 21:41   Link #1146
MorningGlory

Quote:
I would argue Heaven's a mistranslation, I think people universally just translated it as that for 天上 (Tenjou).
the original light novel write 天上 (Tenjou) as well and Tenjou is translated into Heaven no matter what dictionary you use...

Quote:
There are no omnipotents in this world.
yes ,but that is just opinion.Thing that are not prove doesn't mean doesn't not exist.I do not believe there is an almighty God but I can't deny that fact it exist or not.
This is like asking are we the only human being/intellectual being in the universe?Is there Alien in the big Universes? not yet prove , can't deny, can't approve as well..
MorningGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 21:48   Link #1147
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, it can be "heaven" or "the heavens".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 21:54   Link #1148
Kunagisa

Quote:
the original light novel write 天上 (Tenjou) as well and Tenjou is translated into Heaven no matter what dictionary you use...

yes ,but that is just opinion.Thing that are not prove doesn't mean doesn't not exist.I do not believe there is an almighty God but I can't deny that fact it exist or not.
This is like asking are we the only human being/intellectual being in the universe? not yet prove , can't deny, can't approve as well..
Dictionary doesn't work for Kawakami's novels. He gives his own definitions for every term he uses almost. Horizon is not a stand alone series. While Tenjou translates to heaven in the dictionaries, here the words are meant to be translated literally as in 'above the sky'. Refer to this chart

You can read more about all his works here.

My point was not to discuss to prove or disprove the existence of God, I'm merely saying there are mythical creations who are actual entities with supreme power. The Leviathan Team from Owari no Chronicle conquered all these beings and humans are just insanely powerful that the technologies (not just physics related, also magiclike powers) that they are almost like gods. This is the reason why translated the line as "People rose to the Heaven like gods", but they did not go to Heaven, they merely went to space.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:09   Link #1149
MorningGlory

^
Then how are you gonna explain why Saṃsāra(India) is non-testament in the Anime...
Furthermore... how can you even miss this page or is it they gonna give different explanation later on. Since I haven't even finished volume one
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...yfy/xx1-29.jpg

Anyway, did you realize there is a word "fantasy" mention in the KyoukaiSejou Column?

Quote:
架空の世界を舞台にしたアクションとユーモアあふれる物語です。
それらはシリーズと銘打たれてはいるものの、各作品ごとの直接的なつながりはありません。
内容もそれぞれに全く違った性質のものとなっていて、いずれも非常に独創的な世界を作り上げて います。

anyway, nice link you got there =)
give me some time read this
Old 2011-10-25, 22:27   Link #1150
Kunagisa

Quote:
^
Then how are you gonna explain why Saṃsāra(India) is non-testament in the Anime...
Furthermore... how can you even miss this page or is it they gonna give different explanation later on. Since I haven't even finished volume one
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...yfy/xx1-29.jpg

Anyway, did you realize there is a word "fantasy" mention in the KyoukaiSejou Column?

anyway, nice link you got there =)
give me some time read this
Ok we're confusing each other.

Religion does exist for sure. I'm just saying base on what is listed as the stage for the plot, Horizon's characters' ancestors are not from heaven, they are from space. I do realize there's a fantasy there, but how does that relate to the current discussion? Horizon is fantasy based world view. EDGE's world view is space, and AHEAD's world view is the near future. This does not mean they are not inter-related. You can find numerous sources that state all Kawakami's works are in the same universe, just different periods of time.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:32   Link #1151
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yes, but most people tend to just refer to this infodump, so I don't want to make it even more confusing. The energy is call ether for sure though, 地脈 is the term that I'm annoyed about.
No..I mean because the furigana for the Mikawa reactor utilizing the Earth pulse is called Ley Reactor. So Ley would be the official term?

Quote:
Religion does exist for sure. I'm just saying base on what is listed as the stage for the plot, Horizon's characters' ancestors are not from heaven, they are from space. I do realize there's a fantasy there, but how does that relate to the current discussion? Horizon is fantasy based world view. EDGE's world view is space, and AHEAD's world view is the near future. This does not mean they are not inter-related. You can find numerous sources that state all Kawakami's works are in the same universe, just different periods of time.
Yeah....Horizon is science-fantasy. Basically it's one giant verse with loads of stuff thrown in.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-10-25 at 23:01.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:35   Link #1152
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No..I mean because the furigana for the Mikawa reactor utilizing the Earth pulse is called Ley Reactor. So Ley would be the official term?
Is it? The anime just went with

地脈炉(ちみゃくろ)
  地脈から流体を抽出し、燃料の一種である流体燃料を精製するための炉。
Old 2011-10-25, 22:51   Link #1153
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It was as such in written works. Was why I assumed that it was an official term

Maybe it'll be presented in ep 5?
Old 2011-10-25, 22:56   Link #1154
Kunagisa

Maybe. I'm just following the list on the website, since those are the terms that I think the official sub is responsible for, and the sub's just clearly ignoring it (though translations wise they did a pretty good job, and tried to fit in the word play whenever possible).

Also infinite looping this still

Old 2011-10-25, 23:08   Link #1155
MorningGlory

@stuopidget
The Japanese word I pick from your link is from the "walk-through guide on how to read and understand Kawakami's Novel" .Ya, I don't know about his work that why I am reading it, and the first sentence he already mention that each series are not related to each other and Each series has its own unique world pattern .So don't mixed with other world setting such as forth,ahead, and Age.
Quote:
Horizon's characters' ancestors are not from heaven, they are from space
To be honest,I not even sure why did all the explanatory like to use out space in this....
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...yfy/xx1-30.jpg
how can you even destroy "outer space".....After comparing the explanation in LN and your explanation. I am even more confusing...

Last edited by MorningGlory; 2011-10-25 at 23:27.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:37   Link #1156
Kunagisa

Hey, MorningGlory. I've moved our discussion to the Light Novel thread.

No offense, but I do not think most people reading the anime thread actually cares for Light Novel discussions. Moderators also might wander in and ding us for posting like this.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:40   Link #1157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What is the significances of Mikawa again that the three factions have gathered around it on this day?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 23:51   Link #1158
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Also infinite looping this still

Same. This is probably the single coolest battle scene I've seen all year. The choreography and animation are top notch. Hell, even the CG is great and blends in with the 2D really well. Sunrise probably has the best CG techniques in the business behind perhaps ufotable, and even that's stretching it. I wonder if Tiger and Bunny helped with that? It did seem like the CG got less and less noticeable as that show went on. That aside, I wonder if the team can keep this up? I mean, it seems like the battles will be so varied, I'd be amazed if they can deliver quality like this for every single one.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:05   Link #1159
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Age was fine. I gave it 8/10 on the first episode, just haven't bother to vote for the next couple since then but still following weekly; that post was just a reference to the PR department and how it backfired, whereas Horizon kinda pulled the same move but came out ahead. Doesn't necessary mean I agree with 100% of what he said =) (I wouldn't be reading the blog if I agree with him 100% so ...)

Also I lied, apparently there is a preview for Episode 5 (not shown at the end of episode 4) on the website that is hosted by Bandai Channel, so if you don't have a Japanese ISP you're out of luck. If you do though, I do recommend checking it out for a pretty good preview of things to come.
Horizon seems to have less ridiculous fans, what can I say.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 00:14   Link #1160
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
What is the significances of Mikawa again that the three factions have gathered around it on this day?
There are superweapons to be created on that day: the Loizmoi Oplo or the Mortal Sin Armaments.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise