AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 07:50   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I agree with Albafica's complaints. The soundtrack is extremely disappointing compared to the original series, and the lack of emotion is really hurting the show.

As Nightengale said, all the characters have been rather likable but that's it: they are likable and nothing else. None of them are great enough to make me feel involved. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Do we know how long the show will be? If it's 50+ episodes, then it's still too early to complain. The series could still improve a lot. Saint Seiya's first episodes weren't exactly the best either (although they were better than Omega imo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Granted, sometimes it becomes a little awkward when he introduces elements like
Spoiler:
That was a really, really stupid twist. I'm glad the anime left that out entirely. That was a wise choice. Sadly, the other changes they made from the manga weren't as inspired and sometimes screwed the plot of the manga up (Steel Saints, Crystal Saint, Pope Ares....).
Old 2012-05-13, 08:22   Link #382
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do we know how long the show will be? If it's 50+ episodes, then it's still too early to complain. The series could still improve a lot. Saint Seiya's first episodes weren't exactly the best either (although they were better than Omega imo).
It is going to be approximately 50 episodes,but that isn't an excuse anyway. Part of the reason for the current Palaestra setting is clearly to allow the core cast to establish their dynamic in a way that's non-obstructive, but it hasn't been done very well thus far.

Quote:
That was a really, really stupid twist. I'm glad the anime left that out entirely. That was a wise choice. Sadly, the other changes they made from the manga weren't as inspired and sometimes screwed the plot of the manga up (Steel Saints, Crystal Saint, Pope Ares....).
The main thing about the tweeest that greatly bothered me was the foundation of the logic, and the fact that nothing came out of it, aside from just further justifying Ikki's hate.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 08:28   Link #383
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't know about the lenght of Omega, I hear 50 episodes but it's not sure at all.

About first episodes of Saint Seiya, maybe it will be strange for you, but there are my favorite fights, with some other like Camus Vs Hyoga, Shiryu vs Shura etc....
The soundtrack was epic and sad at this time.
I remember the fight between Seiya and Shiryu. It was epic sometimes, but the end was so tragic. The moment when Shunrei came to Seiya to save Shiryu' life was fucking sad. I was crying!!! Really. THe soundtrack here was so amazing. And the moment when Seiya launch the ryu sei ken on Shiryu' back was incredible, intense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4SQsCBchY

I can say the same about Hyoga vs Ichi, it's not really epic, but there is emotion. The soundtrack was fucking awesome.

Saint fight was short but pretty intense in my opinion.

After, it wasn't so great but moment like Shiryu vs black dragon was epic and SAD again. So much emotion when Black dragon saves SHiryu life and said "I wanted to believe in what you said: the friendship!"

etc...

So much moments more intense than Omega. Ok it's just the begining, but I really hope it will be better.

It's not because there are death that there will be emotion.
Emotion is something different. There are death with no emotion at all, and it's something difficult to produce I think: create the emotion. Need a good direction, good seiyu, good soundtrack.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:44   Link #384
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

To me the first emotional battle in the original series is Seiya vs Shiryu, and I would agree that there isn't something as emotional in Omega which compares to that fight yet. The problem seems to be right now they are in a sort of "Harry Potter's first semester at Hogwarts" like setting which sucks out all sense of danger from the show - as in you don't feel that any of the saints are facing any sort of imminent danger, Kouga's just discovering "magic" (cosmo and elements) for the first time like Harry, and the fight are mostly just friendly/bullies in nature, whereas in the original even the first few fights were more brutal.

Also I think the original series didn't pick up until Ikki appeared which really pushed the story into gear as it hints at a bigger story to be told. To me it seems like next week's episode is the equivalent of Ikki's first appearance with new mysterious enemy and most probably fake Saori/Athena appearing and the principle revealing his true identity etc, so hopefully we would see a shift into higher gear next week.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:31   Link #385
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Episode 7 was my favorite so far. Great art and animation. The Pegasus Fantasy instrumental never fails to pump me up. And i like how Kouga is slowly learning about Seiya and the man he was/is, and now clearly takes an interest on him.

It's harsh to judge the series for the battles when they're just young students fighting each other and still learning how to fight. They definitely don't have the knowledge and experience that Seiya and co. had in their Galaxian Wars.
Anyway, the sense of danger was visible when Mars appearaed in episodes 1 and 2, so i'll wait for battles against actual enemies, which should start next week, if the preview is any indication.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 15:43   Link #386
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found myself quite disappointed once again after watching this week's episode. Yuna's fight was nice but way too short. Kouga and Soma's fight was too friendly (they spent their time congratulating each other) and lacking any kind of intensity, thus boring as hell.

The choreography and animation of the battles are not quite up to Umakoshi's usual standards. Where's the stronger focus on hand to hand combat they promised us? So far, it's been more or less the same as in StS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
It's harsh to judge the series for the battles when they're just young students fighting each other and still learning how to fight. They definitely don't have the knowledge and experience that Seiya and co. had in their Galaxian Wars.
Anyway, the sense of danger was visible when Mars appearaed in episodes 1 and 2, so i'll wait for battles against actual enemies, which should start next week, if the preview is any indication.
That's a problem in itself. Cloths should not be handed over to "students". They're not candies. Seiya and the others had to go through hell to win the right to wear theirs (incidentally, they were no older than the protagonists of Omega). I'm under the impression this generation of Saints have had it rather easy compared to their predecessors.

Anyway, I agree next week's episode should be the most interesting since the first one. Hopefully, this will also mark the end of this "Harry Potter" arc. The title of the episode alone's got me excited. Gold Saint! Gold Saint!
Old 2012-05-13, 17:20   Link #387
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man we might see Athena next week. Even Eden seemed a little surprised after Kouga's move. Is there a reason why Eden's uniform is a different color?
Old 2012-05-13, 18:26   Link #388
ShiroiRyu

So i saw the episode.
That was good ...
Really good ... I loved the two fights (more Yuna. ) and the preview look good !
Old 2012-05-14, 07:41   Link #389
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
That's a problem in itself. Cloths should not be handed over to "students". They're not candies. Seiya and the others had to go through hell to win the right to wear theirs (incidentally, they were no older than the protagonists of Omega). I'm under the impression this generation of Saints have had it rather easy compared to their predecessors.
You said it yourself, it's a new generation. Makes sense if the multiple sacrifices of Seiya and co. finally accomplished something.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 11:46   Link #390
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Yeah, but it's less fun for us that way

I want to see sweat, blood, and tears; damnit. Well, I'm pretty sure I can already forget about the blood. Make it armor shattering to pieces then (surprised that hasn't happen yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Is there a reason why Eden's uniform is a different color?
He's wearing civilian clothes (no crest on his outfit), because he's too much of a hipster to dress like everybody else. Palaestra is a pretty lax school... You don't like being forced to wear a mask or a uniform? Then don't wear them.
Old 2012-05-14, 18:21   Link #391
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
^Yeah, but it's less fun for us that way

I want to see sweat, blood, and tears; damnit. Well, I'm pretty sure I can already forget about the blood. Make it armor shattering to pieces then (surprised that hasn't happen yet).
We did have some shattered parts IIRC (Yuuna's first fight I think she broke the head piece of her opponent?), but nothing as dramatic as what we have in the original like Seiya and Hyoga just breaking the bear and hydra bronze clothes like it's not even worthy of being call cloth (lol). I think (hope?) in Omega they are just trying to keep the power level in check for the moment because we haven't really seen more powerful people yet, so the more dramatic stuff should come later I think.
Old 2012-05-15, 01:18   Link #392
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I found it hilarious that Geki's flashback where he tried to... you know, choke Seiya to death had them fighting in the backdrop of an old-school Colosseum instead of the original high-tech-complete-with-point-sensor Galaxian Wars stage.

Quote:
This is an unfair statement, given that we don't know how the Omega Saints got a hold of their Cloths. For what it was worth, they may very well had gone through the same/similar trials expected of the old generation.

I mean, sure. Ikki and Shun had extremely harsh trials, but let's look at those we knew about.

All Seiya had to do was beat the crap out of someone who couldn't even use Cosmo in a tournament. The part where he had to handle Shaina later shouldn't count since it was unfair intervention. There were years of harsh training before that, but it wasn't even remotely comparable to Guilty.

Geki : I CHOKE BEARS TO DEATH.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 01:28   Link #393
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I prefer the first série
Old 2012-05-15, 06:59   Link #394
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
This is an unfair statement, given that we don't know how the Omega Saints got a hold of their Cloths. For what it was worth, they may very well had gone through the same/similar trials expected of the old generation.

I mean, sure. Ikki and Shun had extremely harsh trials, but let's look at those we knew about.

All Seiya had to do was beat the crap out of someone who couldn't even use Cosmo in a tournament. The part where he had to handle Shaina later shouldn't count since it was unfair intervention. There were years of harsh training before that, but it wasn't even remotely comparable to Guilty.

Geki : I CHOKE BEARS TO DEATH.
That's true, but after seeing how they train at Palaestra (and how relaxed the atmosphere is), I somehow doubt their initial training was as harsh as that of our previous heroes. Even Kouga seemed to have it rather easy with Shaina. Back in the day, he wouldn't even have had the choice to ditch training. It was train or die. Even Marine was incredibly harsh with Seiya ("if you don't complete your 30000 upside down pullups, you're going to fell into that chasm").

Geki's training was hilarious. I had completely forgotten about it until I started rewatching the series a few weeks ago and laughed quite hard when I saw it. He was so proud of himself for choking bears...
Omega's done his character a lot of good. I even find him pretty cool now.
Old 2012-05-15, 13:18   Link #395
Diveman

I hope Yuna and Ryuho fight eachother, we need to know who's the strongest girl in the show :troll:
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:52   Link #396
n0m@n
C-Z

So the next round will be the match between Top-4.
Obviously the Top4 being Kouga, Yuna, Ryuho, and Eden.
So I think the matches will between Kouga vs Ryuho, Eden vs Yuna.
But maybe the tournament will get canceled because of the whole Fake Athena things, Kouga's personality to barge in at unnecessary conflicts. Personally I want the Saint Fight to finish till the last battle.
Old 2012-05-16, 22:37   Link #397
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
I hope Yuna and Ryuho fight eachother, we need to know who's the strongest girl in the show :troll:
Spoiler for Saint Fight:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 22:58   Link #398
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Spoiler for Saint Fight:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-17, 00:18   Link #399
Albafica
Pisces no saint

About the spoiler:

Spoiler:

About Eden'clothes, like the mask; nothing is really developed in Omega.
Well at least, I hope that the background of characters are interesting and will be developed correctly.

About the fact that actual Saints have a lighter training than the previous generation, Athena wanted that way no? She wanted to see Saints live their life like everyone.
Old 2012-05-17, 00:46   Link #400
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen