AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 03:40   Link #801
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You have to remember with ads/illustrations/graphics/etc ... often japanese designers are enthralled with the *SHAPES* of the english alphabet rather than the accuracy. Also they may not have been the best students in academics
Old 2008-01-22, 03:41   Link #802
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Sig spam continues!!

Now comes with added extra .. transparen BG avvy ^.^

As usual.. free
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:15   Link #803
Khaos

Unfortunately, "Horo" constantly reminds me of the Hollows in Bleach, which are pronounced identically, so I prefer the r-version to get at least a bit difference in there.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 06:29   Link #804
Nemesis

Anyone think Horo's getting damn popular?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 06:46   Link #805
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

you pretty late to the party arent you.. ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-01-22, 06:49   Link #806
Nemesis

Its like that Haruhi franchise.i start seeing tons of sigs,avatars and horo fans everywhere.0_0
Never imagined this would be one.
Old 2008-01-22, 06:56   Link #807
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And can you blame them for falling for her? To those arent watching, she have the sensual carefree "no cloth necessary" persona, I know because I, for one, was her victim .. not so long ago when her picture start to surface on imageboards .. then for those watching the series .. her playful nature is most captivating.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-01-22, 06:57   Link #808
Westlo
Lets be reality

Horo won an award for being the most popular light novel character, Horoism was bound to happen I tipped her as being the it girl of the Winter season as soon as I read the first two manga chapters.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 06:58   Link #809
Nemesis

im just watching the show to see how the relationship will go.
Old 2008-01-22, 07:18   Link #810
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Pklease share my nightmares with me

The number of Horo avatars is still small compared to the Lucky star ones a while back. So there is still growth potential.

I don't know if I said it already but as far as one can tell after only two eps this is the best show of January. I'm very concerend about Horo though. I don't want to spoil anyones party but I have the feeling the introduction of the anime-only female character puts her life in more danger than taking a stroll in a mine field. Please share my dark thoughts ...

First of all, don't fool yourself that this is anime is not about romance. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have invented Chloe in the first place. Second, any Lawrence/Horo relationship is ill-fated. Horo is not human, and I'm not talking about superficialities like a tail. "Horo and Lawrence live in different worlds.", they even spelled it out so that even the last otaku will get it. She's also superior to him, which doesn't go well with the fan base. All in all, Chloe is the better waifu material, but there is no way she could outplay Horo. And that means the scriptwriter will have to find a way to get rid of Horo. And the plot mechanism has already been introduced. She seems to depend on the grains in her bag, but she has to eat them to assume her wolf form which might come in handy if somebody needs to be protected. Got it?

So here is my worst case scenario, albeit frightingly plausible IMHO: Tragic death of Horo, maybe a self-sacrifice, in the final episode ends a relationship that "never was, never was meant to be". Lawrence and Chloe ride into the sunset. Or something.

EDIT: I should add that I've read only the beginning of the manga, and yes the anime does follow the manga up to now more or less, but I guess reading more wouldn't make me much wiser 1) because they will probably have to end this show after 13 eps and 2) because of Chloe. So I expect heavy deviations rather sooner than later.

Last edited by Slice of Life; 2008-01-22 at 07:29.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 07:33   Link #811
Westlo
Lets be reality

With the manga being monthly only novel readers are going to know but according to wiki the director is a big fan of the novels so I'm expecting him not to deviate too much. It seems that with Chloe, Imagin are doing a KyoAni and the Twins from FMP TSR if you know what I mean.
Old 2008-01-22, 07:41   Link #812
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
So here is my worst case scenario, albeit frightingly plausible IMHO: Tragic death of Horo, maybe a self-sacrifice, in the final episode ends a relationship that "never was, never was meant to be". Lawrence and Chloe ride into the sunset. Or something.
She mention early in Volume 1 that as long as the earth produce grains, she will never ceased to exist in one form or the other.

The reason why she appears in Lawrence's carriage is because he holds the wheat from the village and Horo dematerialise and hid herself inside the grain and rematerialise in human form later on.

And she mention as long as she is near a vegetation, that vegetation will never whither away and died. She has the grain Lawrence traded from the village on her neck.....I think you get the idea.

Spoiler for Spoiler from novel regarding Horo's fate for those who really wants to know:
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 07:48   Link #813
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I'm very concerend about Horo though. I don't want to spoil anyones party but I have the feeling the introduction of the anime-only female character puts her life in more danger than taking a stroll in a mine field. Please share my dark thoughts ...
You maybe right - though I'd never think, they would make Horo die, she probbaly will just arrive home and stay there, while Lawrence continues on being a merchant - , but it was clear from the beginning, that this constellation would never work. Right now I can only think of one anime (and one live action movie) where a relationship betwenn human and supernatural being had a happy loving end, and that is Demonbane (the live action movie would be Stardust).
Most series with such relationships end with the failing of that relationship. However this is ofeten positive, because such relationsships almost never would work out, and would in the end mean great sadness for one side, prominent example would be Aragorn and Arwen. The only way to avoid this would be to make the supernatural being a normal human or the normal human a supernatural being. And I doubt any of these two possibilities would work with Wolf and Spice.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 08:01   Link #814
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Some wallpaper
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-01-22, 08:11   Link #815
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The apprance of Chloe in the anime is a wild card. It's evident that the anime will deviant from the novel, but when and by how far ?

Honestly, I don't see the animation staff taking anyway beyond Vol.1 of the novel.
Old 2008-01-22, 08:19   Link #816
Westlo
Lets be reality

About Chloe.

Spoiler:

Also going to vote now!
Old 2008-01-22, 08:53   Link #817
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The apprance of Chloe in the anime is a wild card. It's evident that the anime will deviant from the novel, but when and by how far ?

Honestly, I don't see the animation staff taking anyway beyond Vol.1 of the novel.
Spoiler for Novel up to Volume 2:
Old 2008-01-22, 09:04   Link #818
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Curse you sleep I missed out on some discussing.

Was all over giving Horo the vote almost right away after nominations opened up. Definitely needs to be there.

On what may happen in the future I have no clue. Haven't read novels (though if I could read Japanese I'd be there). Does seem like there would be some sadness in the future. After all we know she will outlive Lawrence. But not like that hasn't stopped people before.

Anyways the important thing should be bridging the gap between their two worlds. No matter the result there should be a strong bond formed.
Old 2008-01-22, 09:16   Link #819
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Spoiler for Novel up to Volume 2:
Now that you mention it.....

Well, IMO, the ending to Vol.1 is perfect to end the anime with.

I believe the crew will interweave plots elements from Vol.1 and 2. We will see how Ep.3 is tonight to guage things. Will they end with Horo helping Lawrence to make a killing off the fur ? Or will we see her at the Currency Exchange ?
Old 2008-01-22, 10:20   Link #820
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Now that you mention it.....

Well, IMO, the ending to Vol.1 is perfect to end the anime with.
Lol I just went to vote for her because I didn't know there was an international Saimoe tournament.

I tried to find the translations of Vol1. novel and I haven't had much luck.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen