AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-12, 00:25   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
He wanted Ichigo to feel hopelessness and despair and revealing that he had an even stronger release which Ichigo had no possible ability to fight let alone defeat was his attempt to crush his spirit. (And he was successful)
He wasn't successful in crushing his spirit, instilled more fear perhaps, but by no means did Ichi actually give up.
Old 2010-05-12, 00:27   Link #42
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Not bad of an episode I guess. It was nice seeing Ichigo getting his assed handed to him though. Next weeks episode doesn't seem to have any major thing happening probably till the end or something.
Old 2010-05-12, 00:40   Link #43
Alchemist007
*Author

Believe me, I see enough in the preview to say that you're dead wrong :P
It at least covers all the events of the Soul Carnival 2 vid.
Old 2010-05-12, 01:41   Link #44
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He wasn't successful in crushing his spirit, instilled more fear perhaps, but by no means did Ichi actually give up.
Dying = Giving up in Bleach

Besides, most of what Ichigo said to Ulquiorra was false vibrato. Go back and watch the scenes when Ulquiorra does his second release. His expression is "I'm fucked" not "Yeah! Bring it on!"

Despite Ichigo's empty promises to continue fighting he gave up in that fight long before he was dead.
Old 2010-05-12, 01:44   Link #45
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Great episode!!! Haven't seen a good bleach episode since, damn I can't even remember. I could see how some would feel disappointed with the censoring but I honestly thought it wasn't that bad, in matter of fact I liked the way they showed the last scene.

Really looking forward to the next episode, it should be packed with great animation, good action, and a bunch of "Kurosaki-kun's".
Old 2010-05-12, 02:00   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Question of the day: how many pillars did Ulquiorra crash using Ichigo? It really got repetitive after a while. I like Ishida's new saucer lift, but even more than that, his short narration, sounded pretty ominous.
I also like this episode because it emphasizes on Ichigo's fighting spirit, which justifies Ulq's second release and refusal to outright kill Ichigo (this being a battle of will-crushing and all). Blue-eyes Gin is scary Oh, and now Ichigo's got three holes
Old 2010-05-12, 02:02   Link #47
kamyu

"kurosaki-kun was supposed to do the preview, but... *pan out to dead body*"
Old 2010-05-12, 02:14   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon God View Post
If only..,Uryu were able to use Quincy Final Form..,again. Then the fight between him and Ulquiorra would be Epic...
Would have been nice if he still had that trump card to play. Anything that can own a captain isn't a bad option. At least its better than him trying anything at his current level. I think grabbing Inoue and jumping back down that hole is the best possible plan .
Old 2010-05-12, 02:32   Link #49
Randumo24
Banned

Quincies are lame compared to the villains left. I don't know where anybody got the idea Uryuu would have a chance.
Old 2010-05-12, 02:35   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Dying = Giving up in Bleach

Besides, most of what Ichigo said to Ulquiorra was false vibrato. Go back and watch the scenes when Ulquiorra does his second release. His expression is "I'm fucked" not "Yeah! Bring it on!"

Despite Ichigo's empty promises to continue fighting he gave up in that fight long before he was dead.
If that's your view then that's fine. I still see it as not giving up; false bravado can only take you so far. And he was definitely trying to use his sword whenever he could.
Old 2010-05-12, 02:43   Link #51
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ichigo admitted that he wasn't strong enough, even so, he couldn't give up. Throwing away his sword = giving up...even when scared shitless, he still held on to it though.
Quote:
Quincies are lame compared to the villains left.
Sooo...Wonderweiss is cooler than Ishida and Ryuuken?
Old 2010-05-12, 02:48   Link #52
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

wonderweiss is awesome. he's got like the most uncaring attitude in all of bleach. you could be like "i'll kick your @55m0f***er!!!1" and he'll be chasing butterflies, totally ignoring you.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:00   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
Quincies are lame compared to the villains left. I don't know where anybody got the idea Uryuu would have a chance.
He one shotted Mayuri through his bankai back in Soul Society. I'd be more than willing to bet Ishida would be a dangerous opponent if he had access to that ultimate Quncy power at all times and didn't have to worry about the repercussion.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:12   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This was an okay episode. They definitely had to fit a lot of chapters in, and even then it still felt just a little slow.

The music they used for both of Ulquiorra's releases were very poor choices. Ulquiorra was supposed to inject a sense of despair. Something like Torn Apart would've fit in much better for the second release. However the music they played before Ulqiorra 'kills' Ichigo was fitting.

Though no amount of awesome music of animation will make up for shoddy writing:
Ulquiorra: Do Getsuga!
Ichigo: Don't tell me what to do! *Does what Ulquiorra tells him to do*

The preview at the end was hilarious. Imagining a dancing Ulquiorra in a shiny dress and afro is just...
Old 2010-05-12, 04:15   Link #55
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well...it's kinda a given seeing that Ichigo's arsenal is even more limited than Hulk Hogan's.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:32   Link #56
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
He one shotted Mayuri through his bankai back in Soul Society. I'd be more than willing to bet Ishida would be a dangerous opponent if he had access to that ultimate Quncy power at all times and didn't have to worry about the repercussion.
So, Mayuri is probably the weakest captain there is is the SS. If it had been, say Byakuya, he wouldn't have even hit him with that arrow.
Uryuu couldn't beat Ichigo in his bankai, let alone hollowfied. Ichigo, regularly hollowfied, is at a mid-level espada power.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:37   Link #57
kamyu

what really makes that scene bad is how ichigo uses a crappy long range getsuga which is pretty much always demonstrated to be the weakest way to use his "ultimate attack."

Quote:
So, Mayuri is probably the weakest captain there is is the SS. If it had been, say Byakuya, he wouldn't have even hit him with that arrow.
Uryuu couldn't beat Ichigo in his bankai, let alone hollowfied. Ichigo, regularly hollowfied, is at a mid-level espada power.
do you remember how he was able to absorb buildings when he used that?
with the way it works, he would have access to obscene amounts of power in places with dense concentrations of spirit particles like soul society and hueco mundo.
one shotting a captain, even if he is a weak one, is no small feat (and it cut a hole right through him and kept going who knows how far). hell, the same premise was used to give aizen a "holy crap, he is strong" moment with komamura, who is also weak.

Last edited by kamyu; 2010-05-12 at 04:55.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:59   Link #58
Drexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexon View Post
Does anyone know the song played at the end. The cellos playing that calm music?
Anyone? The cellos playing just before the episode ends?

Edit: Apparently it's a new song. Dang.

Last edited by Drexon; 2010-05-12 at 05:11.
Old 2010-05-12, 05:21   Link #59
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
do you remember how he was able to absorb buildings when he used that?
with the way it works, he would have access to obscene amounts of power in places with dense concentrations of spirit particles like soul society and hueco mundo.
one shotting a captain, even if he is a weak one, is no small feat (and it cut a hole right through him and kept going who knows how far). hell, the same premise was used to give aizen a "holy crap, he is strong" moment with komamura, who is also weak.
Yes, but Aizen also one shotted Toshiro & pwnd Ichigo. I know that he can absorb energy around him, but it's not enough to make up that much difference. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but still. Mayuri lacks battle skills to the level of an average captain.
Old 2010-05-12, 05:25   Link #60
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Yes, but Aizen also one shotted Toshiro & pwnd Ichigo. I know that he can absorb energy around him, but it's not enough to make up that much difference. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but still. Mayuri lacks battle skills to the level of an average captain.
Mayuri is Batman minus the martial arts. Just because he lacks "battle skills" doesn't mean you underestimate him when he has many toys in his arsenal to screw you over. Also, lets keep in mind that he was able to replace all his vital organs before fighting Szayel...I would consider Mayuri to be the most dangerous Captain just due to how he can counter you just by observing your fight in a short amount of time.
Closed Thread