AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 12:08   Link #761
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Figures Kei's sweets bring Izuru back to normal. The other falling for him was funny though. So they now know about Theoria and going straight for the school.
Old 2013-07-18, 12:08   Link #762
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Dormant would be the best bet. Looks like Kei's cake was what brought him back although he did almost die
Too much sugar

Spoiler for Spoilers:
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 14:03   Link #763
ReddyRedWolf

LOL Patrick calling out Amane not to make a death flag.

Tamaki hot and bothered with Cool Izuru.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 15:32   Link #764
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
LOL Patrick calling out Amane not to make a death flag.

Tamaki hot and bothered with Cool Izuru.
Actually it's weird that she didn't fall for him when he save her life in early episode since she fall in love with that random dood in episode 1 just for small help...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 15:43   Link #765
waffler

can izuru still go into beast mode when he wants? o.o
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 15:59   Link #766
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

What was that crystal thing that cracked that freaked green guy?
Old 2013-07-18, 17:35   Link #767
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

^A fuel source?

Anyway, holy crap they gave Purple 2 weapons! That and Black 6 is still awesome! In three episodes this series dramatically improved from the first half, I have to admit.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 18:07   Link #768
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
^A fuel source?

Anyway, holy crap they gave Purple 2 weapons! That and Black 6 is still awesome! In three episodes this series dramatically improved from the first half, I have to admit.
Purple 2 always had weapons. First fully shown during that infiltration mission.

Tamaki's unit suddenly gaining spam lasers, that surprised me. Before she only spammed homing missiles.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 18:08   Link #769
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Yes well.... First time I noticed them.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 18:32   Link #770
Excorsism

Great episode, looks like they used some stock footage from previous episodes but the Blue and Rose combination was pretty nifty. Red's rocking it hard with Izuru's body, .

Next episode looks like it'll focus on Asagi, that's definitely something to look forward to, him being my favorite along with his unit.
Old 2013-07-18, 18:50   Link #771
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent episode 15. Great combination of action, comedy, and plot. Majestic Prince has its own distinctive style of comedy, but it keeps it fresh by changing up the ways its executed.

It was good to see some supporting cast characters (Amane and Team Doberman) return. And the reveal about the mechas possibly overwriting the personalities of the pilots was an interesting one.

This show has had a very strong second half so far. I hope it keeps it up!
Old 2013-07-18, 20:30   Link #772
Irenesharda

This was actually a very good episode, especially in terms of plot. We have a lot of advancement and a few twists and turns thrown into this adventure which pretty much confirms for me that this second half is definitely the better part of this show.

First off, they confirm what I had thought they had said earlier that the AHSMB units have minds of their own. It's kind of obvious since if they have their own survival mode separate from that of the pilot, the mechs would have to be trying to save something other than the pilots' lives: their own lives. However, these two minds and lives connected can come with a price and one consciousness can short-circuit the other. This seems to be what happened to Izuru.

Izuru seems to gain a separate personality (this seems to actually be pretty common since the Brass have just been sweeping Ange's mental instability under the rug as if she's a simple 5 year-old who hasn't learned how to cooperate with others yet...-_-) that is smarter, more confidant, and more determined. I actually liked this new personality more than the old one. And while he did return back to his original personality, it does looks as if he could go back to that new, more aggressive one at any time.

There was a bit of dark comedy as we find that Kei's cooking can actually kill. Poor Izuru actually went into cardiac arrest because of sudden overdose of sucrose! LOL That was one deadly cake.
All the faces that everyone was making at Izuru's new personality was funny but not as funny as that cake.

Interestingly, they are also still not showing Ange's true gender in that he/she's the only one who didn't blush but he/she also left a tree in order to thank him for saving his/her life. However, while Izuru seems to saves Ange when he/she gets into bad situations, Dark Ange doesn't look to appreciate it too much. He gave a pretty bad death glare at Izuru when the guy came to save the day. In fact I would say that Izuru might want to avoid that dark half at all cost. That guy looked murderous...

Above all though, the Wulgaru again present the most interesting part of this episode. We see that Orange Noble Leader is actually very good and probably the best military combatant we've seen so far. He's not flashy or egotistical as Jiart, and he's not as hotheaded as the others. He knows how to get in there and take out everything and anything in his way before anyone even knows he's there. He takes advantage of the Earth military's vastly undermanned and incompetent forces and goes and does what he needs to do and then get out. He's strength is that he's not out there with something to prove and so he ends up being the most efficient. I really like him probably of all the nobles.

He seems to not only have found out about the AHSMB machines but the MJP and that Teoria is there and has been helping them. He presents something to the council that causes them to wonder about why "he" went out onto the hunting grounds and if the humans don't live by the same type of standards and morals as they do? This causes a look of worry to go through them all, even Jiart, which is the one that really causes me to concern. What could the humans have done that even he looks anxious and disturbed?

Also, It seems they have been looking for a target that appears to be I'm guessing the MJP's school? Could it be because that's where the students are artificially created as well as the AHSMB, and thus where many of their strongest genomes are located? Well, we'll have to see where that goes as this series continues.

Simon seems to have found out about Orange Leader's hacking, so hopefully the MJP will be prepared for an attack. However, with the ultra-incompetence of the military, we can't really know what they can actually do. They really took the time to push that point despite the fact that the audience already knows what a bunch of idiots the military top brass are. Amane has finally been moved from under her asinine CO, however, to show how truly stupid the military is, she shoot up two more ranks in a single day! And without having anybody die Gundam style! Now if she's really replacing people at this speed, she's going to be a General in about two episodes time!

The battles were really good and have been very good for this entire second half so I will give this show that. The story is beginning to pick up a little too. If it keeps up, I will actually have to give this a good score in the end rather than a simply mediocre one.

I give this episode an 8/10.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-07-18 at 21:40.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:03   Link #773
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Simon seems to have found out about Orange Leader's hacking, so hopefully the MJP will be prepared for an attack. However, with the ultra-incompetence of the military, we can't really know what they can actually do. They really took the time to push that point despite the fact that the audience already knows what a bunch of idiots the military top brass are. Amane has finally been moved from under her asinine CO, however, to show how truly stupid the military is, she shoot up two more ranks in a single day! And without having anybody die Gundam style! Now if she's really replacing people at this speed, she's going to be a General in about two episodes time!

The battles were really good and have been very good for this entire second half so I will give this show that. The story is beginning to pick up a little too. If it keeps up, I will actually have to give this a good score in the end rather than a simply mediocre one.

I give this episode an 8/10.
More like where have all the top brass been.Komine(the incompetent fool) is just a mere Captain(Amane's now her equal), not even a commodore and for some strange reason, he was not only able to become the Vice-Chief of Staff for the entire military but was able to command entire fleets as well. It makes you wonder just were the commodores, rear admirals, vice admirals, full admirals and admirals of the fleets been.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:05   Link #774
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyAI View Post
^
I don't think Ange's issue is related to the ASHMB. It seems like it's just about being an elitist.
Actually, I don't buy that. One, no one in the top brass has even bothered to talk to Ange, must less give her a psych exam. So for them to just say it's because she comes from "that elite school over there", is really just pushing it under the rug and not dealing with it. Plus there are so many times where Ange and Dark Ange flip on a dime and are actually opposite of each other:
  • Ange pushes for Izuru to call her by her first name. Dark Ange get's pissed off if you do that and ask's "who gave you the right?"
  • Ange actually looks thankful for Izuru saving her. Dark Ange looks downright murderous.
  • Dark Ange's look on his face was completely different from one second later when Ange goes back to normal and simply answers Izuru with a meek "hai".
  • Ange's features change drastically when she turns dark, and her personality becomes just as dark.

This thing they're talking about with the AHSMB short-circuiting it's pilot's personality could actually be a valid explanation as to what happened to Ange. The Dark half of her could actually be Black 6. She just fell victim to it before Izuru did.

Even Izuru seems to be starting to shift back and forth now. There was that scene after he had returned back to his original self that he says "If I was out there, those enemies would be..." and then looks startled as if he never expected himself to say something that bold and vindictive. In fact the look of his eyes even changed from the darker piercing look, back to his wide-eyed original face.

It would be really interesting if all the AHSMB's personalities are beginning to imprint on their pilots. It would be the first set of mecha team pilots where all the members had multiple personalities.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-18, 21:17   Link #775
Triple_R
*Author

I think that Ange has a crush on Izuru. Not Dark!Ange, but the core personality.

And yeah, Dark!Ange is probably a reflection of the mecha's personality more than anything.
Old 2013-07-18, 21:27   Link #776
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Actually, I don't buy that. One, no one in the top brass has even bothered to talk to Ange, must less give her a psych exam. So for them to just say it's because she comes from "that elite school over there", is really just pushing it under the rug and not dealing with it. Plus there are so many times where Ange and Dark Ange flip on a dime and are actually opposite of each other:
  • Ange pushes for Izuru to call her by her first name. Dark Ange get's pissed off if you do that and ask's "who gave you the right?"
  • Ange actually looks thankful for Izuru saving her. Dark Ange looks downright murderous.
  • Dark Ange's look on his face was completely different from one second later when Ange goes back to normal and simply answers Izuru with a meek "hai".
  • Ange's features change drastically when she turns dark, and her personality becomes just as dark.

This thing they're talking about with the AHSMB short-circuiting it's pilot's personality could actually be a valid explanation as to what happened to Ange. The Dark half of her could actually be Black 6. She just fell victim to it before Izuru did.

Even Izuru seems to be starting to shift back and forth now. There was that scene after he had returned back to his original self that he says "If I was out there, those enemies would be..." and then looks startled as if he never expected himself to say something that bold and vindictive. In fact the look of his eyes even changed from the darker piercing look, back to his wide-eyed original face.

It would be really interesting if all the AHSMB's personalities are beginning to imprint on their pilots. It would be the first set of mecha team pilots where all the members had multiple personalities.
At any rate, I think Ange knows a lot more about AHSMBs possessing their own personality than anyone else on the team. She/he doesn't seem awfully shocked in this episode and his/her behavior (when she/he checked Izuru's sketchbook) was as if he/she was just trying to confirm something.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:46   Link #777
Irenesharda

Here's a question: what do you think has all the Wulgaru, even the mighty Jiart, looking so worried? They ask why "he" went out on the hunting grounds, and if the humans even operate by even their morals and standards?

Is the "he" they are referring to Izuru? And if so, why are they surprised since he's at practically every important battle? Also, questioning one side's morals is usually something you'd expect of the humans. However, this time, we actually have the hedonistic Wulgaru questioning human morals?! What did Orange Leader (I am so not going to remember all these names ) find that has disturbed them so? Also, are they what are they looking for at the academy? Genomes or Teoria? Or is it something else entirely?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-07-18 at 22:10.
Old 2013-07-18, 21:53   Link #778
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Here's a question: what do you think has all the Wulgaru, even the mighty Jiart, looking so worried? The ask why "he" went out on the hunting grounds, and if the humans even operate by even their morals and standards?

Is the "he" they are referring to Izuru?
I think so. And I think the surprise is based on one (or both) of two possibilities:

1. Izuru got involved in a battle between one hunter and his prey (lambata? or something like that, IIRC). Perhaps that's a big cultural taboo for the Wulgaru. The only thing comparable to that is how Ange briefly got mixed up in the most recent Izuru vs. Jiart struggle, but perhaps that doesn't count because Ange didn't successfully break up the struggle, while Izuru was successful here.

2. Izuru is a Wulgaru. They're only now learning of this based on the recon work done in this episode. So Izuru may well be a traitor to the Wulgaru, but one even worse than Theodoria, since he's actually getting directly involved in the fights themselves as a combatant.
Old 2013-07-18, 22:37   Link #779
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think so. And I think the surprise is based on one (or both) of two possibilities:

1. Izuru got involved in a battle between one hunter and his prey (lambata? or something like that, IIRC). Perhaps that's a big cultural taboo for the Wulgaru. The only thing comparable to that is how Ange briefly got mixed up in the most recent Izuru vs. Jiart struggle, but perhaps that doesn't count because Ange didn't successfully break up the struggle, while Izuru was successful here.

2. Izuru is a Wulgaru. They're only now learning of this based on the recon work done in this episode. So Izuru may well be a traitor to the Wulgaru, but one even worse than Theodoria, since he's actually getting directly involved in the fights themselves as a combatant.
My thing is that they know Red 5 comes out at almost every battle so why be surprised? Of course the humans wouldn't operate on their traditions, since they don't know them!
Also, other than Purple Leader choosing Black 6, none of the other leaders have actually chosen a lambata. Orange Leader hasn't chosen anyone and after he finished what he was trying to do, he simply switched out with Green Leader. Green Leader did talk about a lambata, but he was talking about Izuru who is Jiart's lambata. So, really, no one has interfered with anyone else's prey.

As for Izuru being a Wulgaru, I've suspected that since Teoria said they were childhood friends. So that might be true.
However, they say right after that the humans don't operate by their morals. So what did the humans do that made them question humanity's morals?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-18, 22:41   Link #780
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

And the fact that Ange was trained to be a super elite pilot probably also explains why Ange was effected faster then the others, we know that whenever Ange enters battle he/she gets pretty high Harmonic levels which seem to be the trigger for the AHSMB's personality taking over.

Izuru being the leader and the group getting more and more actual combat experience, it's not surprising that Izuru would be next, that talk from Theoria seemed to help as well.

I do find it interesting that this didn't seem to be a problem when Tamaki's Harmonic levels rose, but perhaps in her case they just didn't rise high enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I'm betting on reason number one, simple because in an earlier episode when the Wulgaru elite were having another meeting, the one Jiart was late to, two of the characters kept pressing him for who his lamata was, and he refused to tell them. One of them comments that if they don't know who it is they may accidentally kill him, and Jiart's response is if that happens then he wasn't worthy to be his lamata. So I get the impression that the Wulgaru pick a lamata and then it's kind of hands off, and perhaps they thought the humans were the same.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction