AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 21:11   Link #241
mishka

Silly Q

Is it me or does Organic Chemistry SUCK?

I have a midterm on Thursday...and I really wanna catch up with the series I'm following (death note, darker than black, and bakumatsu kikansetsu orohanihoheto).....LIFE IS HARSH.

Does anyone know any magical ways of learning O-Chem fast?
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:33   Link #242
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Does anyone know any magical ways of learning O-Chem fast?
Spend a lot of time on it. This holds especially true if you're on your second semester of it (or a semester where you're expected to know those mechanisms and syntheses backward and forward).
Old 2007-04-23, 22:15   Link #243
mishka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Spend a lot of time on it. This holds especially true if you're on your second semester of it (or a semester where you're expected to know those mechanisms and syntheses backward and forward).
It's my second qtr.... ....I have two days to do all that....I find it very hard to keep up w/ the lecture!...for the next MT I guess i should go to lectures and read the book, huh!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 11:22   Link #244
Tatsumiko
*Artist

I also have final exams very soon....^^"

but I saw a blue tag under the names of Cats and Kira Naruto saying Artist and Graphic designer!!!!! XD

I wanna be a Artist or Graphic designer too!!!!! X3

am I old enough?
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 19:10   Link #245
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

You guys in University are very lucky.

I can't stand High School anymore. The cliques, the drama and the propaganda are killing me. ;_; I just want to go to University! I'm 28 days away from leaving this nasty place.

I'm going to major in Political Science and most likely go to law school afterwards. Are there any tips you guys can give to me for University? I've taken lots of AP classes and I'm used to a heavy work load. I really just want some freedom, lol.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 20:18   Link #246
ibreatheanime

I like learning (though it sounds cheesy) and pretty much like to stuff my head with all sorts of useless knowledge, however my school seems pretty boring to me. It seems to be full of people who don't listen to a word that comes out of their mouths. However I got some laughs when I heard someone seriously exclaim "If English was good enough for jesus, its good enough for me."

If you don't get this... well I am extremly sorry
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:57   Link #247
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Man I'm glad I'm done with math and science. I have no tolerance for it although I did well because I forced myself to study. Its all in the past now...
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 11:34   Link #248
Broken_Angel
Walking in the dark

Send a message via ICQ to Broken_Angel Send a message via AIM to Broken_Angel Send a message via MSN to Broken_Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Broken_Angel
I like mine school...It's the best school in Plovdiv ^-^
But next year i want to go somewhere else
And a good studant o.0 and..........
Broken_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 14:56   Link #249
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Right now I'm majoring in Japanese, but I'm thinking about changing to Linguistics. Reason being, I may transfer to a school back home that doesn't offer Japanese simply because Cali out-of-state tuition was already crazy at the start, and now it just continues to rise every year into the "I can't afford it anymore"-o-sphere. (Not to mention, the only kanji teacher here is nutso.)
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 16:52   Link #250
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Figure this would be the best place for questions relating to school who here has 2 or more years of Calculus?

I need help with a problem and its getting extremely close to finals now
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 18:03   Link #251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
exams are a drag >.< and knowing the dates/timetable for the exams are even worse...having a day where i have to sit 6 hours of papers makes me think that i should start planning for my funeral

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 01:16   Link #252
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
1 more day until I find out if I am now a Bachelor of Social Sciences in Gerontology (BSocSc) or have to take a makeup course or two. You can never be sure until you see the marks yourself. I literally can get a D- on both courses and still claim a degree. In case people are wondering, when I am in lecture I can usually be found fiddling with something in my hand while staring at a wall and memorizing everything the prof says that is actually important. I haven't taken notes since Year 2. I also frequently fell asleep in one early course because the profs voice was so boring (I think I got a B- in that course).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 03:05   Link #253
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosho128 View Post
YI'm going to major in Political Science and most likely go to law school afterwards. Are there any tips you guys can give to me for University? I've taken lots of AP classes and I'm used to a heavy work load. I really just want some freedom, lol.
Tips? Be versatile and stay focused on your goals. New freedom is good, but you can get tripped up in it and lose sight of what's important. It's a good growing experience, but it can be painful to recover from.

As for heavy workload, that's what I thought in high school. I crushed myself with engineering. Classes at my university and such, combined with the format of the classes, was much more difficult than I was used to. Don't be frustrated and give up - stick with it and work through it, but listen to yourself and be open to change. Seems contradictory, but it's a balance that's necessary.

Don't be frustrated by the academics. At this university, in my classes (science classes), it's almost impossible to get a perfect score on an exam. But it varies school by school, and more importantly, class by class (professor by professor, really). My sister want to a university where she was racking up perfects left and right; then she transferred to another school. From what I hear, the academics sound similar to how they are here.
Old 2007-04-27, 03:38   Link #254
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Best tip is to try your best, really. Stay in good communications with the teachers. Some are actually understanding enough if you're having difficulty with their class. Tutors are a good source of help as well. They're students just like you.

Taking the orientation before actually picking your classes for your first semester in college is always good. It helps you get a feel for the university. It also helps you get an idea of what to expect and help you guage the workload. Usually, you get a feel for your classes in the first week, so you're allowed to transfer from one class to another.

Ask questions. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Take notes. You'll be needing it when you study for the test. Even bring a recorder if you have to. I know I did when I took classes for my Mechanical Engineering degree. Now, since I'm taking classes to get my Computer Systems Engineering degree, I'm using my Acer laptop and its rotating built-in webcam to capture a video of the teacher's teachings. That way, if I miss a portion of the notetaking the teacher puts up on the board for being too slow, I can just rewind.

Learn to balance. Having a social life while working full-time and being a student isn't easy, I know. You'll have to make some sacrifices, but understand that some good sacrifices are worth it in the long run.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 13:50   Link #255
Wosho128

Thanks for the tips, Phantom and Ledgem!

You guys chose challenging degrees!

Hmmm...that inspires me to do even more work now, haha.
Old 2007-04-28, 00:46   Link #256
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You are now looking at a certified degree holder. Only thing left is to go pick it up.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 02:19   Link #257
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You are now looking at a certified degree holder. Only thing left is to go pick it up.
Wow omedetou! I can't wait to get there, myself.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 08:09   Link #258
KeiKei-chan
A Great Friend !~!~!~!

I'm having my mid-exam on next thursday to the following monday.
Please support me! okay, it's true!

Last edited by KeiKei-chan; 2007-04-28 at 08:10. Reason: Sorry, I wrote something wrongly!
KeiKei-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 17:29   Link #259
Wosho128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
That's awesome! It must feel good to be done with University! You can walk around proudly and go into the real world without too many restraints.

I'm pretty envious!

*cries*

Good luck, Kei-Kei. =P
Old 2007-04-29, 04:59   Link #260
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Yeah....it must be great to be done with University....

Only a few weeks more till my final exams...0.0"
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote