AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 00:58   Link #41
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
In the anime department, definently TSR, kept me hooked all the way through, no dull moment. Then would be Fumoffu which was well doen and funny as hell with FMP close after but being a bit messed up.

COMO is definently my favourite chapter though.
Old 2007-06-01, 20:12   Link #42
Meatrose
Antihero

Just realized that I never posted in this thread. Well then... The Second Raid is by FAR the best installment in the series so far, at least it is imo. It contains all the aspects that I look for in an anime, and I really enjoyed the fact that there were less comedy. #2 on my list is Full Metal Panic!... even though I didn't like everything that Gonzo did with it. Fumoffu is the "least good" part of the FMP-saga so far imo. People usually frown upon comments like these, but to be honest, I didn't find Fumoffu that funny. I never liked sidestory-stuff before, all I want is main plot. Don't get me wrong, I really loved Fumoffu, but compared to the main plot-seasons it's not even in the same league.
Old 2007-06-01, 21:12   Link #43
masterwok

wow i like tsr the best with that ending in the arbalest lol
Old 2007-06-04, 04:21   Link #44
Maljan

Send a message via MSN to Maljan Send a message via Yahoo to Maljan
The BEST

I must agree, TSR is the best! Just because of 1 character Chidori, in all the both the 1st season and TSR she is acyually the hero. It's her spirit to never give up, like when she and sagaraa had to go throught the first fight and sgaraa told her to run while they stay and hold the front for her, then she just says "NO!!!........", ot's the same in TSR's scene where she goes to Hong Kong and tell him to come back, she pulls him toghter then he becomes the hero, that's just great!
Old 2007-07-01, 06:32   Link #45
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Talking

I like all 3 series, but Fumoffu had the best humour.

The eps with Kaname's note and the Girl hunting are my favs. And of course the episode with the rugby team. I do own the DVDs and..... the (german) subs were totally uncensored!!! ehehehe It's really odd hearing Sousuke say such naughty things.

But I really enjoyed it.

TSR was great, too. Awesome animation. The same for season #1.

Last edited by Kakulukiam; 2007-07-01 at 09:54.
Old 2007-07-01, 07:03   Link #46
Neijirou

You know what! I found my self really like Fumoffu, It's killing me totally. But, I still love the others.
I had seen Fumoffu in two language, Indonesia for the first and English-Sub for the later. When I was watching it in the first time (It's around 2004 or 3 years later), I never watched the 1st season.
Now, I had seen the 1st and the TSR, but still I do like both of them.

FUMOFFU IS THE ONE I LOVE MOST!
Btw, Please give me the censored words when Sousuke was teaching the Rugby. I really didn't know. The words were totally censored for the sub that I downloaded. Thx.
Youc an answer it here or by my mail
nugrohotitto@yahoo.com
Old 2007-07-01, 07:16   Link #47
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neijirou View Post
When I was watching it in the first time (It's around 2004 or 3 years later), I never watched the 1st season.

Btw, Please give me the censored words when Sousuke was teaching the Rugby. I really didn't know. The words were totally censored for the sub that I downloaded.
So do I! Fumoffu was my start into the world of FMP.
I think it was somewhere in May 2004. Wow, it's been 3 years already.

No problem. ISWICD. It's also censored in the english version of the DVD, both dub and sub. I need to translate it first, tomorrow hopefully.
Old 2007-07-04, 03:19   Link #48
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakulukiam View Post
So do I! Fumoffu was my start into the world of FMP.
I think it was somewhere in May 2004. Wow, it's been 3 years already.

No problem. ISWICD. It's also censored in the english version of the DVD, both dub and sub. I need to translate it first, tomorrow hopefully.
i started with fumoffu less then a year ago, i fell in love with the characters and when i went back to the main story i loved it even more.
Old 2007-07-04, 19:44   Link #49
ArkhanTheBlack

My ranking of the seasons:

1.) Tessa OVA (Okay, it's not really a full season, but it's the episode I like most...)
2.) Season 1
3.) Fumoffu
4.) (Empty)
5.) Second Raid (Sorry, just one good episode (the haircut) is simply not enough for a place directly after the other seasons.)

Not sure if more FMP seasons will come, but better no new season than another 'Second Raid' style season.
Old 2007-07-05, 11:17   Link #50
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neijirou View Post
You know what! I found my self really like Fumoffu, It's killing me totally. But, I still love the others.
I had seen Fumoffu in two language, Indonesia for the first and English-Sub for the later. When I was watching it in the first time (It's around 2004 or 3 years later), I never watched the 1st season.

FUMOFFU IS THE ONE I LOVE MOST!
Btw, Please give me the censored words when Sousuke was teaching the Rugby. I really didn't know. The words were totally censored for the sub that I downloaded. Thx.
Youc an answer it here or by my mail
nugrohotitto@yahoo.com
It is so hard to choose a favorite, honestly. Each has its own distinct flavor...FUMOFFU is the funniest, and the one most centered on Kaname and Sosuke, but TSR is the most connected and thorough, the smoothest run and plotted of the three (the first felt like three segments jumbled).

I might have to support FUMO
Old 2007-07-05, 22:38   Link #51
7thFonon
seventh

I'd have to say TSR is my favorite. It may have been short, but I liked how it showed what Kaname and Sousuke were like apart. And I thought it was pretty funny to see Chidori all paranoid after Sousuke left, but when he is there, she scolds him. The first season was pretty good at the first half, but I didn't enjoy the last half as much. The part where they were in the plane had me interested the whole way, though.
Old 2007-07-06, 15:25   Link #52
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thFonon View Post
I'd have to say TSR is my favorite. It may have been short, but I liked how it showed what Kaname and Sousuke were like apart. And I thought it was pretty funny to see Chidori all paranoid after Sousuke left, but when he is there, she scolds him. The first season was pretty good at the first half, but I didn't enjoy the last half as much. The part where they were in the plane had me interested the whole way, though.
While I understand the series centers around Sousuke, not Kaname, per se, the mission portion of the first season is almost...skippable...in how it fits into season one's story arc. It almost feels shoved in.
Old 2007-07-07, 19:44   Link #53
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
wow i like tsr the best with that ending in the arbalest lol
I'll 2nd that, TSR is just awsome but then so are the others, FUMOFFU is a very, very close 2nd. So close infact, I could just as well say TSR and FUMOFFU are my No1
Old 2007-07-12, 13:52   Link #54
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

While I really like mech battles I'd pick Fumoffu over season 1 because it was just so darn funny.
Old 2007-07-13, 08:48   Link #55
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
there seems to be a trend here that the series get better as they progress... (good omen for a possible 4th season....*prays nightly*)

but I would have to say that TSR was my favorite season, as it had the drama and character development, still lots of great action, as well the start of Kaname and Sousuke realizing their feelings for one another.
Old 2007-07-21, 22:26   Link #56
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

fumoffu hands down althougth you cant really compare them either their to different???how should i put this styles 1st season action 2nd season comedy but i liked fumoffu best
Old 2007-07-22, 02:55   Link #57
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Its hard to say, I like the FMP! and TSR as much as each other. TSR continues straight on from FMP! so for me its hard to choose. I like Fumoffu a lot but its not quite as good as the other series even with the coolness that is Sousuke dressed up in a Bonta costume.
Old 2007-09-16, 17:30   Link #58
lovecakecookies

definitely TSR.!!!. i liked FMP, but there was not enough drama. TSR had it all! i liked Fumoffu too..
Old 2007-09-16, 17:46   Link #59
Edgewalker
Nani ?

TSR > first season >>> Fumoffu.
Old 2007-09-16, 17:50   Link #60
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wait, have I not responded to this thread yet?

HOW CAN THIS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

*Ahem* Anyway, I have to say, hands down, FUMOFFU is my favorite. The other ones were thouroughly enjoyable as well, but FUMOFFU had me in stitches almost constantly. I'm a sucker for comedy.