AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 24.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 34.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 23.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.19%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-13, 13:35   Link #301
lilith1013

Question

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

During the scene where Nagi and John Smith were trying to open the Harmonium, Smith mentioned something about the truth in Erstin's information gathering.

I wonder at which point Erstin began acting as spy...initially when she started her schooling at Galderobe? Or did she actively start only when she received the black jewel?
Old 2006-02-13, 13:40   Link #302
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
My 2 cents

Ok can we say tear jerker i mean damn i gave the Ep a 9 out 10 i thought it was very good. I must say i feel really really bad for Aoi but i understand why she did it and i will touch on that in a sec. Plus theres Nina's post tramatic syndrome acting like nothing is wrong but she really needs some therpy. I like how we got to see things through Mashiros eyes and she learns just what it means to have nothing and yes people do suffer because of your actions. By the how in the hell did everyone make it out of that explosion? One of Favorite parts had to be watching Natsuki get all girly with that snake on a stick and Nao saying hey im piller now that makes us equal, hearing those words just made me laugh. my predictions are the rest of the students are being held hostage since they dont have their robes there more like cannon fodder than anything else. But its easy to see that everyone has their own agenda and i think a lot more people are going to end up getting hurt.

Aoi: I understand why she did what she did the queen may be petty selfish and whinny but she is still the queen and just a child. just think how worse you would have felt if it had been Mashiro that went over the chiff. As a ruler every action that you take is felt by everyone and she is now learning this. even though Aoi was just a maid it was still her duty to protect her queen. Also, in Mashiro defense it takes time to learn how to be a good ruler and deal with the pressure, the fact remains no one ever taught how to be a good ruler. her parents are gone and was raised in the castle. She was starting to show potential because of Arika instead of every putting her down Arika showed her even if one person belives in you you can go far. I feel Aoi knew this and knew that Windbloom needs Mashiro or will in the future i admire her for what she good except she could have tried to take like 2 of them with her when she went over. There is a military saying that i read a while back that suits this situation [COLOR="DarkOrange"]In order to be a good leader you must love your country in order to be a great leader you must be willing to order the death of that which you most loveI am just wondering what psychological effects this will have on Mashiro watching Aoi die like.
Old 2006-02-13, 15:27   Link #303
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith1013
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

During the scene where Nagi and John Smith were trying to open the Harmonium, Smith mentioned something about the truth in Erstin's information gathering.

I wonder at which point Erstin began acting as spy...initially when she started her schooling at Galderobe? Or did she actively start only when she received the black jewel?
I imagine that it started far before the point at which she received the jewel; when she recieved it, it was more like a "get ready/prepare" notice, which is why from that episode onwards the scene would shift specifically to show an unnerved complexion on her face.
Old 2006-02-13, 15:51   Link #304
Retsoor

Yeees, yeees, oh let me taste your tears Scott, I mean Mashiro, they taste so yummy and sweet. Oh the tears of unfathomable sadness, mmm yummy.

And Sergey is so going to die, it's easier to kill the romantic interest of three girls than to have him stay around, especially when his death could be the catalyst of so many things (like Nina killing Nagi and dying immediately afterwards). Too bad though, I just hope he goes out with a bang. Maybe he turns out to be the n th successor of Hokuto Shinken.
Old 2006-02-13, 18:15   Link #305
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

The only secret I want to know is why we have "Darth" Midori running around. I mean for crying out loud! Stupid mask made me think it was Mai for the first couple of episodes.

SERGE
Old 2006-02-13, 18:34   Link #306
landau

My speculation:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-13, 18:42   Link #307
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau
My speculation:

Spoiler:
If thats the case then Midori should already be in contact with MIYU and know who Arika is since Miyu would have told midori about Arika. But midori didn't know who Arika was when they first meet.

Arika being Alyessa is a good thoery but Midori and bunch also ebing Alyessa's descendent is a bit too much.
Old 2006-02-13, 19:41   Link #308
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF
Most shows throw someone down a cliff to bring them back later. Will we be seeing Aoi the White anytime soon?
Shelock Holmes > all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I'm confused why such a small character such as Aoi get a sadder "death" than a big character like Erstin.

agree. most memorable death in anime for me T_T in 2006, feel very sad and especially when the music kick in..... YAY Kajiura Yuki sama is BACK!!!! <3 <3
Old 2006-02-13, 20:45   Link #309
Forever
Revealing the truth

Actually for a moment, I thought all those refugees (male) were going gangbang Aoi....
Old 2006-02-13, 21:22   Link #310
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Actually for a moment, I thought all those refugees (male) were going gangbang Aoi....
That's what would happen in the real world.
Luckily, MO doesn't have a mature rating.

I still can't believe she didn't ditch her maid outfit though.
She had 3 freaking days to do it.
Even Mashiro managed to change into her "casual" outfit.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:23   Link #311
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
If thats the case then Midori should already be in contact with MIYU and know who Arika is since Miyu would have told midori about Arika. But midori didn't know who Arika was when they first meet.

Arika being Alyessa is a good thoery but Midori and bunch also ebing Alyessa's descendent is a bit too much.
Yeah I agree because as the series has transpired already that just doesn't seem to make sense but hey I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyways it seems like we might start to see more development over MIYU and definitely more development on Midori. Finally!!
Old 2006-02-13, 21:38   Link #312
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
I still can't believe she didn't ditch her maid outfit though.
She had 3 freaking days to do it.
Even Mashiro managed to change into her "casual" outfit.
Mashiro was already wearing that last episode...

I'm guessing that they just didn't have anything to change into. Even Arika is still wearing her Garderobe uniform, after all.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:42   Link #313
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Mashiro was already wearing that last episode...

I'm guessing that they just didn't have anything to change into. Even Arika is still wearing her Garderobe uniform, after all.
She coul dhave ditch the head gear (whatever call it it) and the apron. Then she would just be wearing a black dress.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:49   Link #314
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
She coul dhave ditch the head gear (whatever call it it) and the apron. Then she would just be wearing a black dress.
One problem....the face
Old 2006-02-13, 22:12   Link #315
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
One problem....the face
And how much more accessable was Aoi's face? As opposed to Mashiro's face, which was plastered over every billboard in the entire city for days?

It didn't make sense at all. That being said, I don't care. The scene was beautiful and touching, and I didn't even think about it until much later. Didn't affect my enjoyment one bit.

Still doesn't make sense though.
Old 2006-02-13, 23:37   Link #316
Iron Maw
Banned

All the castle maids were the same outfit, so they would have still recognized Aoi as being part one of Mashiro's servants with or without the head gear.
Old 2006-02-13, 23:47   Link #317
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

I doubt they would have cared if she was just any castle maid. The point is that she made herself an easily recognizable target by not swapping clothes. But anyway, I would have to say that despite the occasional logic gaps her death was one of the best I've seen in anime in a very long time. It's scenes like that which remind me why I prefer this media over homegrown Hollywood crap. Great setup, great execution, almost as good as the ShizNat scene in Mai Hime. (Arguably better background music.) Definitely, at least a 9/10 despite the rather slow pacing of the rest of the episode.

SERGE
Old 2006-02-14, 00:12   Link #318
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
And how much more accessable was Aoi's face? As opposed to Mashiro's face, which was plastered over every billboard in the entire city for days?

It didn't make sense at all. That being said, I don't care. The scene was beautiful and touching, and I didn't even think about it until much later. Didn't affect my enjoyment one bit.

Actually it does kinda of make sense. When you think about it yes Mashiro was much more of a target that Aoi, but since they couldn't find her when they found someone that even gave them a little bit of a chance of finding her they would take it, and yeah I know it doesn't make sense then to just kill her off like that but they're certainly not going to kill of Mashiro!

On that note are people really so stubid. I mean not only was the only thing hiding her a hood but she was also traveling with the same people who were looking for her. Don't you think people might be a little more thorough in their search. Not that I'm on their side of course.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:27   Link #319
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
Shelock Holmes > all

agree. most memorable death in anime for me T_T in 2006, feel very sad and especially when the music kick in..... YAY Kajiura Yuki sama is BACK!!!! <3 <3
Well, it wasn't Erstin's fault that she HAD to betray her friends, but still, isn't there another way, like... IT'S HER BODY YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO SWARCHZ? That's not fair. Aoi was innocent so that's why we felt sad for her. So we would've felt sad for Erstin more if she didn't HAVE to betray her friends. Well, after she summoned Swarchz, there was no way but to kill her anyway.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:37   Link #320
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger

Well one could say that Mashiro got lucky and got stuck with Mimi who of course doesn't know what the Queen looks like. That and her low profile, so they would just take her as another kid and wouldn't bother with her. I mean when she fell on the sand no one bothered to help her except Mimi.

Aoi on the other hand wasn't lucky.
Closed Thread