AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 00:16   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Just keeps getting better and better, darker and darker, sharper and sharper... Some real social commentary sneaking in now.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 16:55   Link #22
Red-Razor
Shuffle!

nice serie

i tried to follow it on TV (dutch-tv) but that dindt work out so i watched on the internet

but also a big problem oblivios yes
here they ar still at siege of norht then the serie starts over until nobody watch the show and then there ar new episodes

thats why i'm watching it on the internet :P

also the dutch-voice over is, i say realy good i would almost say that the amarican voice actors also did the dutch voice over because they look good similliar to each other.

but i wished the new episodes came faster :S episode 35 was somekind a diapointing i hoped for more of evrything.

i hope appa's lost days is better :P
Red-Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 23:47   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You know, there aren't many true anime that have followed as interesting a character arc as Zuko/Iroh. Really, really well done.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 08:04   Link #24
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Interesting bit of news, a trio of live action Avatar movies has been announced, directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I can't think of a more unlikely director for this series, I would have thought Robert Rodriguez or someone like that...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 14:29   Link #25
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Interesting bit of news, a trio of live action Avatar movies has been announced, directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I can't think of a more unlikely director for this series, I would have thought Robert Rodriguez or someone like that...

.... Wow. I would of never of thought. I hope he keeps them fun like the show.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 11:39   Link #26
Struggler

M. Night Shyamalan? The guy who did Unbreakable and the Sixth Sense? Awesome. I can't wait
Struggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 01:40   Link #27
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

This just announced: Joaquin Phoenix and Bruce Willis will star as Aang and Prince Zuko, respectively.
Old 2007-10-22, 13:40   Link #28
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

So, anyone watching the third season? It's just started here in the UK (on horrid Nicktoons with its 10 minute ad breaks, yuk), but I'm already up to speed...

Spoiler for season 3 so far:
Old 2007-10-31, 19:30   Link #29
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Blood bending. Wow. That was much darker than I expected this season and I see now why they've stepped up the comedy a bit.

It does make me wonder how Nickelodeon is viewing this. Rumor has it this might be the last season of Avatar so the writers seem to be pushing things as far as they can considering the limits of airing on a child/teen station. Reminds me of the Ren and Stimpy censorship back in the day.
Old 2007-11-03, 10:42   Link #30
SooHip

Such a great show- has its funny moments too especially with Sokka XD
Old 2007-11-03, 10:52   Link #31
kauldron26
Med Student

sad thing is that so many anime fans write off this show... and i can understand y i used to do the same until i actually watched it. avatar is by far superior to naruto and bleach in action, art, character development, everything. if u want to check out an "animesuki" type board of avatar

http://avatarspirit.net/

thousands of fans lay there, the show gets no love here
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 11:47   Link #32
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
So, far the only show in the states holding it down. Good to see it is getting some love.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 13:51   Link #33
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm not sure if you can call it far superior than Naruto and Bleach. So far the action sequences of Avatar in my opinion is way better (because they don't take 5 minutes explaining what exactly they just did) but if you condense Naruto and Bleach's best action scenes in an AMV or something they look cooler. Plot-wise, Naruto and Bleach has it down better, but they are plagued with fillers and sometimes uneventful episodes. Avatar has literally no fillers and is really more exciting as a whole. Every episode is mostly enjoyable and keeps you wanting for more. Avatar is right now my favorite action animated TV series.

Comparisons aside, I love Avatar. Fight scenes such as at the southern water temple is really exciting, and it has a wonderful mix of action, comedy, and romance. That's right, it's probably the only American animation I've seen with romance, and while it's not the main focus, it's done really well in moderation. What I love most is the voice acting, especially Toph's. She doesn't sound like a squeaky teenager or a failed attempt at a 50 year old imitating a teenager.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 14:16   Link #34
kauldron26
Med Student

most of all the show has a beginning and an END. this is the last season... its not being dragged on and on and on... like some other shows with yellow/orange spiked haired dudes.
Old 2007-11-03, 16:33   Link #35
Kai the Sky King

I hate it when people forget that this show IS NOT AN ANIME.

Anyway, I'd much rather watch episodes of Avatar than Naruto and Bleach, this show is awesome. Anybody catch last nights episode?lol
Kai the Sky King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 10:55   Link #36
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^ The Runaway?
Spoiler for The Runaway:

In the UK we're ahead of the US with season 3, we're up to episode 10 already.

I know this show often gets dismissed for being an anime wannabe. It's not of-course, but it is influenced by Japanese animation, Miyazaki in particular. To be honest if anyone dismisses it, I show them this clip, then ask them if they still think it's rubbish. It's got some of the best animation of the show...

Spoiler for minor season two spoiler:

It also has my favourite character Toph at her awesome best :P

Also I believe Season 3 is the last one. But there's the live action films to come (still not convinced about those tbh) and the creators have already said they'll be more Avatar coming but in what format is unknown. I'd like to see an animated movie, perhaps set during season two (so we can have Toph on board); a self-contained side story rather like the One Piece movies.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-11-04 at 11:22. Reason: added spoilers
Old 2007-11-04, 12:31   Link #37
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post

Spoiler for minor season two spoiler:
I do love that fight sequence, my only problem is that I find it hard to believe that the some of the Earth Kingdom's (what I hope to be) best soldiers were beaten by three teenagers. If that's the case I can see why they were losing the war.
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 13:16   Link #38
kauldron26
Med Student

love that clip, but i like to recommend one episode to show the greatness of avatar: the blind bandit. toph in the wrestling wrong is simply godly. i thought u guys in the UK only got till ep 9? 10 and 11 are going to be shown as a movie event.
Old 2007-11-04, 14:02   Link #39
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
love that clip, but i like to recommend one episode to show the greatness of avatar: the blind bandit. toph in the wrestling wrong is simply godly.
Yeah that one is awesome. My second favourite scene of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
i thought u guys in the UK only got till ep 9? 10 and 11 are going to be shown as a movie event.
Well that's good. I've seen up to episode 9 (the trippy dream one), but I thought 10 had aired and I missed it when it aired on Nicktoons. That's good news if they're showing 10 and 11 together...hopefully I can catch them this time. Unfortunately I'm usually late back from work and miss them

Of the new season I loved the animation of the dance party (minor spoilers including Aang and Katara getting all hot and sweaty) from ep 2...
Old 2007-11-04, 14:32   Link #40
kauldron26
Med Student

yea man.... relationships actually develop in the show instead of pushing for like 300 eps look at sakura/naruto/hinata, ichigo/orihime. sokka alone has gone thru like 3 girls, zuko has gone thru 2, katara had jet. but if it was any other fighting shounen, nothing would ever happen. man i love avatar. and the rewatchability value is just off the hook. i think ive seen each episode 3 times atleast. lets not forget "the drill" that was just amazing. and the finale of season 1 and 2. did i mention that toph is godly? and dance party was awesome