AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-12-13, 19:37   Link #361
Ravagerblade
The Fearless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: "United" States
What's wrong with being a good Samaritan? So Touma takes it up to Eleven, so what.
Without that, we wouldn't have much of a story that has been given.
I'd like to also thinking of it as Touma has waded in misfortune and the like and decided to not let other share the same fate, also of being ignored and other situations.
__________________


“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 20:35   Link #362
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Honestly speaking its useless to talk to someone who doesn't understand in helping others freely. You need to go outside of your room and interact more. Heck just watch news about calamity and such. You will see people that are not connected with each other or even country men, helping each other. Its reality. Touma is just a well presentation of a hero but hero exist.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 02:34   Link #363
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pond
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
people who are important to you, such as your family and dear friends = OK.

Someone you met a few minutes and has no obligation = this story needs to be better developed.
Judging from NT 9, Touma saves people not because he wants to be a hero or has some firm belief in justice, but because he couldn't stand the guilt of letting people in front of him get hurt and die when he had the power to do something, but didn't.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 04:30   Link #364
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Somewhere and here and there but also everywhere yet nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Judging from NT 9, Touma saves people not because he wants to be a hero or has some firm belief in justice, but because he couldn't stand the guilt of letting people in front of him get hurt and die when he had the power to do something, but didn't.
Hence the reasin why he never will consider himself a hero because he thinks it's his selfish desires taking actions.
__________________
Muryai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 10:32   Link #365
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Touma needs to use the damn dictionary and search for the word hero.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 12:11   Link #366
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Touma needs to use the damn dictionary and search for the word hero.
and he should look after the defintion of "normal" (highshool student)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 14:26   Link #367
DLH VII
Itsuka Kotori's Hater
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brazil
I liked Touma before WWIII. Then he turned the worst protagonist of all.

I think Hamazura and Accelerator developed more. The development of Touma is "save people and be mediocre again" and this is repeated.

Even Index has a much advantaged development. If she became the new protagonist, the story would be much more interesting.
DLH VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 14:58   Link #368
Ravagerblade
The Fearless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: "United" States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLH VII View Post
I liked Touma before WWIII. Then he turned the worst protagonist of all.

I think Hamazura and Accelerator developed more. The development of Touma is "save people and be mediocre again" and this is repeated.

Even Index has a much advantaged development. If she became the new protagonist, the story would be much more interesting.
would you care to actually tell why and how he turned the worst protag, or is this just blind hate?

As for Index, explain again. I don't understand.
__________________


“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 15:01   Link #369
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 24
Why are you guys talking about Touma in an Index Character Discussion thread? Do you want this locked, too?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 15:16   Link #370
DLH VII
Itsuka Kotori's Hater
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
would you care to actually tell why and how he turned the worst protag, or is this just blind hate?

As for Index, explain again. I don't understand.
He became a cliché character, with iterative development.

Index would become more interesting than the protagonist himself. But the author does seem to enjoy the invincible protagonist style.

Quote:
Why are you guys talking about Touma in an Index Character Discussion thread? Do you want this locked, too?
She was cited twice in my comments.
DLH VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 15:46   Link #371
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Well, when Kamachi has leeway he can really gives a good development for her, just see her last SS.

It was very touching.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 20:11   Link #372
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Somewhere and here and there but also everywhere yet nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Why are you guys talking about Touma in an Index Character Discussion thread? Do you want this locked, too?
You can't spell Index without Touma.
__________________
Muryai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.