AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-06-11, 12:34   Link #181
martino
makes no files now

What was listed on ASuki as episode 1 was pretty much the intro of the game (aka episode 1 in the game), subbed in English;

Spoiler for for beginning:
Old 2007-06-11, 20:47   Link #182
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

hmm... but it says there that it was an ova... oh well, since im arguing w/ suki guys, this will do =P
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 22:08   Link #183
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
hmm... but it says there that it was an ova... oh well, since im arguing w/ suki guys, this will do =P
You misread/misunderstood. It doesn't say OVA. It says ONA. That stands for "Original Net Animation." It was compiled from the game's intro and a bit of the cutscenes and released on the net.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 07:30   Link #184
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
You misread/misunderstood. It doesn't say OVA. It says ONA. That stands for "Original Net Animation." It was compiled from the game's intro and a bit of the cutscenes and released on the net.
I'm not sure that's the case. Did the creators call it an ONA? Back in 2005 (when this topic was still fresh) I was under the impression that the "first episode" was the prologue released as promotional material on 0verflow's website, much like a demo version of the game.

EDIT: Actually, I'm sure that's the case. They're still hosting the video, along with "ep 02" of the trial version.

Though, if you want to call it an ONA, that's your business. I just don't agree with mere fans deciding how to call things. In this case, it was just a longer DEMO movie.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 00:41   Link #185
patnam

Hello, maybe this anime will be a bit changes after chapter 1 and there may no H-scenes at all!!! (it's tv anime)
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 01:09   Link #186
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

The anime will not have H-scenes. Do they show hentai on TV in japan? Maybe they do and I don't even know! Well I'm sure they don't so...

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 01:13   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
The anime will not have H-scenes. Do they show hentai on TV in japan? Maybe they do and I don't even know! Well I'm sure they don't so...
Well, they won't show anything explicit, anyway, though there's always plenty of room for suggestion. Think the KgNE anime; there were a bunch of scenes that were about characters having sex, but of course they never showed anything. They could very well apply the same sort of theory; I guess we'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 01:23   Link #188
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, they won't show anything explicit, anyway, though there's always plenty of room for suggestion. Think the KgNE anime; there were a bunch of scenes that were about characters having sex, but of course they never showed anything. They could very well apply the same sort of theory; I guess we'll see...
True. The series alone (should there be gore) will already be rated +15 plus. I mean that's the rating I'm going on from KgNE. So those scenes would make it like that no matter what.

School Days would be/will be terribly boing if there isn't any bad ends.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 02:16   Link #189
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
True. The series alone (should there be gore) will already be rated +15 plus. I mean that's the rating I'm going on from KgNE. So those scenes would make it like that no matter what.

Well, I can't think of any mainstream visual novel adaptations that actually end with one of the "bad ends", and even in this game the "gory" ones are few, sudden, and brief. I'm expecting a quasi-"bad end" in the usual anime adaptation sense of one girl doesn't get chosen and has to deal with the consequences, but if it's rated 15+, it shouldn't be for gore.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 14:13   Link #190
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
now what was higurashi rated for then?
like a lot of blood thirsty human being the "gore" side of things would just spice up the whole ordeal...the only problem is making them fit in with the story for a sense of completeness (which sould be something dam hard to do if they are going down that route) ~ but a twist is always fun to think about ~ would this be an unexpected shocker of the season? time will tell ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 14:17   Link #191
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I can't think of any mainstream visual novel adaptations that actually end with one of the "bad ends", and even in this game the "gory" ones are few, sudden, and brief. I'm expecting a quasi-"bad end" in the usual anime adaptation sense of one girl doesn't get chosen and has to deal with the consequences, but if it's rated 15+, it shouldn't be for gore.
If they go the 'anime original story' path, then we could be seeing gore at any time. Like you said, if they plan to add any.
Old 2007-06-20, 15:11   Link #192
rg4619

Oops. Never mind.

Last edited by rg4619; 2007-06-20 at 15:32.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 15:23   Link #193
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You totally misunderstood what i meant. Of course i know gore in the middle is wrong, and i don't want that to happen.

Just for the record, i'm hoping for this series to be without the gore ending --- thats why i mentioned the chance of an anime original story without one happening.

If it happens then it happens. I just don't want to go into the TV series knowing that its going to happen. It can be a great series without it.
Old 2007-06-20, 15:31   Link #194
rg4619

Quote:
A boring show would still be boring even if a bad end were incorporated. You don't slog through 12+ episodes of crap just for a few seconds of blood at the end (which wouldn't make up for the rest).

Likewise, an interesting show would remain thrilling with or without a bloody end.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 15:40   Link #195
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
A boring show would still be boring even if a bad end were incorporated. You don't slog through 12+ episodes of crap just for a few seconds of blood at the end (which wouldn't make up for the rest).

Likewise, an interesting show would remain thrilling with or without a bloody end.

Maybe not boring but it would be disappointing if we didn't get either the lesbian ending or one of the bad endings.

The only reason Schools Days has gotten such hype is because of the bad endings. A normal good ending would be a let down imo.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-06-20 at 15:52.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 15:45   Link #196
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The only reason Schools Days has gotten such is because of the bad endings. A normal good ending would be a let down imo.
Indeed, and the people creating this show have to keep that in mind. I don't even want to think whats going to happen if they don't add anything to the series which made the name School Days popular.
Old 2007-06-20, 16:12   Link #197
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You totally misunderstood what i meant. Of course i know gore in the middle is wrong, and i don't want that to happen.

Just for the record, i'm hoping for this series to be without the gore ending --- thats why i mentioned the chance of an anime original story without one happening.

If it happens then it happens. I just don't want to go into the TV series knowing that its going to happen. It can be a great series without it.
Um... there is no need for the director to invent an anime-original story if he wants to go for a "good" ending Out of 21 (if i recall) possible game endings only 3 are the notorious "bad" ends. While these endings are most well known for obvious reasons, they are not the most common ones

I still think the chances of us getting one are low. I think they are going to keep the amount of sex (implied, not explicitly shown ofc), but end on a "positive" note. I could be wrong though
Old 2007-06-20, 16:14   Link #198
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, the main reason why i mention the anime original story, is because it was brought up in the past on moonphase. I haven't heard anything about it since then, though its something i want to keep in mind.
Old 2007-06-20, 16:20   Link #199
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, i have no problems with them going with an original story, though i haven't heard anything about it and i have large doubts about it as well. (granted i haven't looked). I also wonder what the "original" story would be in this particular case
Old 2007-06-20, 16:24   Link #200
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They could keep the same basic story, though aim for there own ending.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere