AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 102 47.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 75 35.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 10.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 5.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-27, 08:28   Link #161
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
This episode deserves at least 7 out of 10, but I'm voting for 3 out of 10.
That's a bit harsh, are you sure, you're not just setting your expectations too high just because it's Kyo.. Would your score be any different if it were another anime studio? Cause it certainly deserved at least above average ratings, I would so far as to give it a 9 for the humour.

Quote:
Next is Sunohara's face---it is completely off at times. True that KyoAni was trying to draw Sunohara slacking off, but it seems their artist is also doing so. There are many different ways to draw a relaxed face rather than it is now. Same to when he got kicked out of the building, those trilling eyes just look weird--his face looked like those anime targeting 4 years old kids.(maybe not that extreme...
I found Sunhora's "off" face to be part of the humour and would like to think Kyo did it on purpose to show his quirky personality.
Old 2007-10-27, 09:18   Link #162
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
That's a bit harsh, are you sure, you're not just setting your expectations too high just because it's Kyo.. Would your score be any different if it were another anime studio? Cause it certainly deserved at least above average ratings, I would so far as to give it a 9 for the humour.
Certainly, but the high expectations didn't come from KyoAni, but from the previous episodes. And like I said, it still deserves a 7 out of 10 even with this. But I just pressed the wrong button by accident.

Sunohara's face...it is of the quality of those faces in the childish animes like pokemon, an anime I certainly don't want to be reminded of...
Old 2007-10-27, 10:47   Link #163
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Maybe most of you have forgotten already, but there were legions of people complaining of Kanon slow start back then. You can't have meaningful and moving scenes in you haven't had time to know characters. Introductions exist for that reason. Now let's try to stop wanting everything feed to us from the start, and let the story flow by itself. It is only by the end of the series that you would be able to say if the start was slow but meaningful or otherwise anyway.
Old 2007-10-27, 12:06   Link #164
arkxkra
全力全開

wow, this anime is just nice, especially the combo skill, nice combo, total 1013 hits, impresive...
Another part i feel very funny 1 is when Ryou misunderstood Nagisa of the "confession".
Btw, is the Fuko case similar to Ayu case, another spirit come out...
Old 2007-10-27, 12:41   Link #165
devilfire

This show is so great!!! I can't wait for the
Spoiler for :
Old 2007-10-27, 12:45   Link #166
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire View Post
This show is so great!!! I can't wait for the
Spoiler for :
Don't look forward to it too much...it's by Toei. Look what they have done to Kanon...
Old 2007-10-27, 12:54   Link #167
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Kotomi at her ultimate best:

Old 2007-10-27, 13:35   Link #168
Meloria

Great episode, found it rather hilarious (most Sunohara scenes) and cute (Kotomi) and rather sad (Tomoyo...Fuuko... ) This series so far has deffinitely pleased me thus far, and still quite a while to go, hope the rest doesn't dissapoint me.
Old 2007-10-27, 13:47   Link #169
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Don't look forward to it too much...it's by Toei. Look what they have done to Kanon...
Look what they've done period.

Also just a side note, I don't watch previews so I have not idea what is coming next episode.
Old 2007-10-27, 13:50   Link #170
sapphirearcz

Send a message via MSN to sapphirearcz
Did anybody saw the stats of sunohara and nagisa when the RPG part was shown?? Sunohara's Useless Stats is 92 O.O

Many Thanks to Klashikari for the sig!
Old 2007-10-27, 13:56   Link #171
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
That's an unfair comparison. At this point, you're comparing apples to oranges. Toei's Kanon (a TV series) used a radically different character design and animation style from their AIR motion picture.

And don't count Toei out simply because "it's Toei". Yes, their take on the story will be somewhat different, owing to the fact that they have a lot less time in which to tell a story. Plus I think Key still has to sign off on the story as well. They probably know about as well as Toei that 80-110 minutes is an awfully short timespan to get a good story started, going, and ended.

Anyway, I still am looking forward to it myself. I'm curious how they will handle story density for a feature-length motion picture.

--Ian.
Old 2007-10-27, 14:04   Link #172
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingShun View Post
I wonder if I'm taking this a little too literally, but Botan floated moments after Sunohara went up to Ryou.

i.e. When pigs fly.
Your message made me think of the following quote from the Internet Engineering Task Force's humor files, notably RFC 1925 - The Twelve Networking Truths:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
(3) With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.
The rest of it, as well as all the other "April 1st RFCs", are always great for a laugh. ;)

--Ian.
Old 2007-10-27, 16:26   Link #173
BakaOnna

I don't get why people are complaining about the slow past. If anything, I like Clannad's pace a lot better than Kanon's. It took 7 episodes of Kanon to get the first character arc, while it only took 4 in Clannad.

Although I loved Kanon, I like Clannad's pacing a lot more. Kanon started out a bit too slow for my taste, which is why I took a half year hiatus before I decided to restart it again.
Old 2007-10-27, 17:01   Link #174
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Pacing is really based on how you compare the events of the original to the events of the adaptation. If you knew anything about the CLANNAD game at all, you would probably complain about one or the other depending on which one you liked best. But if you're like me and know nothing about it, then the pacing of this show would appear just right.

I advise don't judge CLANNAD's pace until you've seen the whole thing from beginning to end. And don't compare it to Kanon either; it's like apples and oranges.
Old 2007-10-27, 20:32   Link #175
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

I loved that scene!

This episode was hillarious... and then sad Yet I loved every second of it! ... I'm glad that we got to see more of Tomoya's character this episode as well and that we're finally "digging" into the (what I assume is) the storyline... and that part where Sunohara was being all perverted... I loved those scenes too

...... "Nice Idea" ............................. "This is turning me on"
Spoiler for Fuko Ibuko & Kanon2006:
Old 2007-10-27, 23:43   Link #176
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Im looking forward to Kotimi's main arc. She's just so bazaar that you know theirs gotta be something interesting behind her.
Old 2007-10-28, 03:54   Link #177
ImpulseRAven
I <3 Kotomi

Quote:

Kotomi is just way to cute_-_
Old 2007-10-28, 05:55   Link #178
Eviltape

Quote:
<snip>
This makes me smile. She acted like Erika Vermillion from Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ in that scene. Strange comparison, but the people who watched that get what I mean.
Old 2007-10-28, 08:52   Link #179
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
the definitions of weird person of fuko is great laugh
honestly i didnt it would so much fun in clannad
Old 2007-10-28, 14:16   Link #180
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Anyone notice the gamebook on the table in Sunohara's room in 14:59-15:01? That's the same silly mini-game book that you could "play" in the Clannad VN itself.

The first part started off as a bishoujo game, then suddenly becomes a zombie slaying adventure game. WTF? lol
Closed Thread