AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-05, 23:42   Link #1
Falkor

Fractale (TV)

Quote:
The September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing next week that Kannagi and Haruhi Suzumiya's Yutaka Yamamoto (a.k.a. "Yamakan") is directing the Fractal television anime series for Fuji TV's late-night Noitamina timeslot. Also involved are otaku scholar Hiroki Azuma (as story developer) and series script supervisor Mari Okada (Kuroshitsuji, Toradora!). Mandelbrot Engine created the original story. The illustrator Hidari (Uso-tsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan light novel) is creating the original character designs.

The story is set on an island at the far reaches of a continent where the "Fractal System" is on the brink of collapse. A boy named Kurain embarks on a journey to search for Furyune — a girl who disappeared, leaving behind only a pendant. Kurain will eventually learn the secrets of the "System."

The series will premiere next January with animation by A-1 Pictures with Yamamoto's studio Ordet. The anime's future website already has an address. Fuji TV producer Kōji Yamamoto (Paradise Kiss, Honey and Clover II) had indicated on Friday that Azuma, Okada, and Yutaka Yamamoto were working together on a January Noitamina series, and science-fiction critic Tsunehiro Uno had already revealed in May that these three were working on a television anime.
Source : ANN

Anime original series for the Noitamina slot, animated by A-1 Pictures and Studio Ordet. This is the series Yamakan, Azuma and Okada have been cooking together.

I'm not really sure of what kind of story to expect after reading the synopsis, but I can't help but feel very happy about this announcement.

Staff : **stolen from NeoSam's post**

Director : Yamamoto Yutaka (山本寛)
Original Work : Mandelbrot Engine (マンデルブロ・エンジン)
Series: Composition : Okada Mari (岡田麿里)
Original Story Concept : Azuma Hiroki (東浩紀)
Original Character Concept : Hidari (左)
Animation Production : A-1 Pictures
Production Assistance : Ordet

Official Website

Last edited by Falkor; 2010-08-06 at 14:13.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 23:47   Link #2
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
I have faith in Yamakan either way, but I'd say this is looking good so far. Mari Okada seems to have worked on some good stuff, like the series composition for True Tears and Toradora.

One thing is puzzling me though, as incredibly stupid as it sounds: who or what is Mandelbrot Engine?
Old 2010-08-06, 01:42   Link #3
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nice news indeed

Newtype scan found on 2ch :

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
I have faith in Yamakan either way, but I'd say this is looking good so far. Mari Okada seems to have worked on some good stuff, like the series composition for True Tears and Toradora.
One thing is puzzling me though, as incredibly stupid as it sounds: who or what is Mandelbrot Engine?
I don't really know but I think it's related to Benoît Mandelbrot who created Mandelbrot set (mathematics) which's a fractal (that'd explain the title).
Old 2010-08-06, 01:57   Link #4
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Mandelbrot Engine is very likely the group comprising of Yutaka Yamamoto, Hiroki Azuma, and Tomonori Ochikoshi. Similar to how Besame Mucho is the group comprising Koji Masunari, Hideyuki Kurata, and Tomonori Ochikoshi.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 02:10   Link #5
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Mandelbrot Engine is very likely the group comprising of Yutaka Yamamoto, Hiroki Azuma, and Tomonori Ochikoshi. Similar to how Besame Mucho is the group comprising Koji Masunari, Hideyuki Kurata, and Tomonori Ochikoshi.
Nice group name.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 05:35   Link #6
Horse

$5 tells me this was supposed to be the 4th Anime no Chikara show but the block got cancelled during Night Raids run. Not particularly interested.

Hopefully noitaminA is still a 1hour block in January with something else airing alongside Fractal.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 09:36   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man, this looks super promising. January? Why not October, dammit!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 11:25   Link #8
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Sounds interesting, I'm in.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 14:04   Link #9
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Ah, okay. So it's their original story, then, as expected. Promising.
Old 2010-08-06, 17:47   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

I believe in the Yamakan.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 02:51   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Now this is definitely a NoitaminA show I'm looking forward to!
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 12:26   Link #12
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Let's see here...
  • Yamakan
  • "otaku scholar"
  • Toradora script writer
  • A-1 QUALITY pictures
  • most likely a Anime no Chikara reject show
  • moémoé loli with elaborate clothing

Yeeeeeeah, this is confirmed for suck. Oh Noitamina, how far you have fallen. Out with the moeshit, in with the josei shows and Masaki Yuasa!
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 16:04   Link #13
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Let's see here...
  • Yamakan
  • "otaku scholar"
  • Toradora script writer
  • A-1 QUALITY pictures

Yeeeeeeah, this is confirmed for suck. Oh Noitamina, how far you have fallen. Out with the moeshit, in with the josei shows and Masaki Yuasa!
Shiki's really good so far. There's nothing moe about that show (except for Megumi).
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 16:41   Link #14
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Fractale become one of Noitamina shows who have a good character design like Shiki, Ju-Oh Sei, Library War and a few least like Eden of the East and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 16:59   Link #15
FireChick

This seems rather interesting. And the lead female doesn't look 100% moe to me. And for some strange reason, the lead male kinda looks like a cross between Oz from Pandora Hearts and Teito Klein from 07-Ghost to me.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 18:05   Link #16
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Shiki's really good so far. There's nothing moe about that show (except for Megumi).
While Shiki isn't josei it's definitely not Yamakan-style pandering either. Ono Fuyumi novel adaptions are acceptable on Noitamina; otaku pandering isn't.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2010-08-23, 14:01   Link #17
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Let's see here...
  • Yamakan
  • "otaku scholar"
  • Toradora script writer
  • A-1 QUALITY pictures

It's best not to judge shows before watching them, especially since we know nothing about the story, the characters, or anything so far. Also, your accusation of "moémoé loli with elaborate clothing" could also work for Hagu of Honey and Clover, you know, the original noitaminA show.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 15:55   Link #18
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
It's best not to judge shows before watching them, especially since we know nothing about the story, the characters, or anything so far. Also, your accusation of "moémoé loli with elaborate clothing" could also work for Hagu of Honey and Clover, you know, the original noitaminA show.
>comparing an anime based on a josei manga to one written by yamakan and his otaku loser friends

you're not very good at this are you

also, judging anime before it airs becomes quite easy after you've been around for a while; nihil sub sole novum, after all.

Old 2010-08-24, 22:44   Link #19
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Leaving out his credibility on direction career, Yamakan is a troll master. You never know what will happen. Storyline is just hit or miss for me.
Old 2010-08-25, 02:49   Link #20
Washi

Quote:
>comparing an anime based on a josei manga to one written by yamakan and his otaku loser friends

you're not very good at this are you

also, judging anime before it airs becomes quite easy after you've been around for a while; nihil sub sole novum, after all.

Wow.. get over yourself. Passing off personal preference and a vendetta against a director as though it's some enlightened commentary = fail. Not everyone's obliged to agree with your opinions. I certainly don't.

How long have you "been around" for anyway? Obviously not long enough to realise that just because something is for the josei demographic doesn't make it inherently fantastic. And you haven't looked very deeply into much, however long you've been around; A-1 Pictures pulls together some great animators for many of its anime.

Tags
a-1 pictures, noitamina, yamamoto yutaka