AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-08-03, 00:07   Link #61
kukuru

Again these are virtual characters and one that's level 90+ stats in agi/str since it's converted.

If a person is mentality capable of spotting the bullets, with the help of assist there's no reason why he can't slice it.

The hard part about doing a standing backflip isn't about doing a standing backflip. It's the lack of response over your body's motor functions. There shouldn't be a problem if you were to do it on a virtual character though.

Being superman in a game is par for course. They aren't in their real bodies.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 00:51   Link #62
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I know most of Laughing Coffin was wiped out in the anti-PK raid in SAO with only 2 members being imprisoned and the leader going missing. Looks like they're back.
It was several more than two that survived. Something like 11 to 20.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 01:00   Link #63
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
LMFAO
is this reference to toriko's zebra ?
So it is

Quote:
Did anyone else catch Death Gun's Stat Spread, though?
Yeah, max STR and near-maxed out everything else...this gives us the stats for the game though!

STR - obviously maximum equip/carry load
AGI - I think this only affects a characters athletic skills and speed
VIT - max HP and defense, seems kinda useless to max out though
DEX - how well you can aim and shoot, better offensive auto-assist?
SEN - probably how well you can predict shots, but could also affect field of vision/sound
LUK - no clue, but it sure as hell is weird for someone to raise LUK...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 01:27   Link #64
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
To be honest I found this whole thing absolutely odd, because any MMORPG that I know of requires the users to input their personal data when subscribing to the service. So they shouldn't need those again.
For most of the MMO's I've played, the only thing that I needed to fill in was a username, password, and E-mail address. Since Kirito's account info is already shared in between games, he shouldn't need to enter those.

The only thing where you need to input your real world name and address though is when you're expected to receive physical items, which is the case for some games I know (ex. while I wasn't aware of Warframe back then, the game did have physical prices they shipped out to players all over the world as part of their Founders program).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 01:43   Link #65
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So it is

There's an rng factor as explain in the previous episode. A bullet will randomly hit anywhere inside the circle. Your heart rate and other factors can enlarge or decrease the circle.

And of course drops and other stuff, maybe sub stats of others.

As for VIT. in Episode 1 there was a talk that Vit was the new stat of winners. Assuming the limited ammo for live ammunition vs laser, and balancing, as well as accuracy of bullet trajectory

You can outlast your opponent simply with a protracted battle of trading fires. How much ammunition can you carry without killing your speed? Even with max str, and the weapon class, and armor class.

It all depends on GGO's dev balancing patches.

Of course if a person Like kirito come at you with a beam saber...well so much for those VIT characters.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:05   Link #66
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Well, to some up this episode:

UWOOAAAAOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAUAAAAA

Also, they're not even trying to not used lightsaber sounds anymore.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:06   Link #67
eiyuuou

I think the BoB registration is one way for deathgun to steal personal info on his victims.

Kirito got off "lightly" with a slap. The last time he got brutally KO'd by Asuna's fist.

During the prelims, Kirito uses some search skill, then parry away bullets before going for maximum penetration.
Old 2014-08-03, 02:20   Link #68
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
The last time he got brutally KO'd by Asuna's fist.
But Kirito already raided her dungeon.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:28   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
There's an rng factor as explain in the previous episode. A bullet will randomly hit anywhere inside the circle. Your heart rate and other factors can enlarge or decrease the circle.

And of course drops and other stuff, maybe sub stats of others.

As for VIT. in Episode 1 there was a talk that Vit was the new stat of winners. Assuming the limited ammo for live ammunition vs laser, and balancing, as well as accuracy of bullet trajectory

You can outlast your opponent simply with a protracted battle of trading fires. How much ammunition can you carry without killing your speed? Even with max str, and the weapon class, and armor class.

It all depends on GGO's dev balancing patches.

Of course if a person Like kirito come at you with a beam saber...well so much for those VIT characters.
Fair enough on VIT, but I don't think LUK would affect the aiming system (isn't that what DEX should do?). LUK is usually related to drop rates and critical hits...but this is an FPS, so critical hits are headshots...right? The only other thing I could think of is a reduced exp penalty on death, but that would be more of a luxury than a necessity; it's like picking revive in LoL!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:55   Link #70
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
I think the BoB registration is one way for deathgun to steal personal info on his victims.
was thinking the same thing and just made a big target
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 04:53   Link #71
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Sinon's shy expression... hahaha...
a kind Sinon in previous episode suddenly become a stone-cold Sinon after found out about Kirito

Well, Kirito's battle is quite boring since I'm not fond of gunfight.. but anyway, his light-saber move is awesome

finally! this is a kind of villain I wish for.... a remnant of SAO player.. which never care about respawn and taking everything seriously... to put it worse, a Laughing Coffin member!
magnificent!
that cliffhanger is too epic... and SAO flashback with Argo is truly 10/10
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 06:54   Link #72
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For most of the MMO's I've played, the only thing that I needed to fill in was a username, password, and E-mail address. Since Kirito's account info is already shared in between games, he shouldn't need to enter those.
Are those MMO free to play perhaps? It is different when there is a subscription fee. At the very least you need to provide a credit card information, which requires a billing address.

Quote:
Again these are virtual characters and one that's level 90+ stats in agi/str since it's converted.

If a person is mentality capable of spotting the bullets, with the help of assist there's no reason why he can't slice it.
Assuming the bullets are traveling at a realistic speed it would be impossible for a human to see them, so presumably the only thing that players can see are the trajectories as signaled by the red beams. Just knowing the trajectories however isn't enough. It's the same thing as hitting a ball in baseball, you know the ball is going to hit a precise very limited area, but if you don't time your swing perfectly you're not going to hit. Now do that with a bullet several times faster. It's a matter of split seconds, literally.

What Kirito needs to do is calculate the exact precise time to swing his sword in order to hit the bullet at the precise position he is envisioning. This isn't a matter of speed or anything it's just a matter of timing, and timing is entirely determined by the player.

The only way this could be conceivably computer assisted is in the case there is a precise program designed to allow players to hit bullets with energy swords and that would therefore automatically destroy the bullets as long as the sword swings are "close enough".

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2014-08-03 at 07:14.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 09:06   Link #73
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Are those MMO free to play perhaps? It is different when there is a subscription fee. At the very least you need to provide a credit card information, which requires a billing address.
The majority of today's credit card transactions only require you to enter the credit card number and PIN, in addition to any additional security numbers the service may need. Also, if you're not using a credit card to pay for subscription fees (AFAIK there are subscription MMO's that use game cards for that), then you'll never have a reason to enter an actual address, just the card's serial number and PIN.

Considering SAO's technology, I'm assuming that online transactions have been further streamlined through the use of such "3rd party" transaction services like Paypal, and thus wouldn't require entering real life address data upon account creation unless it's actually important.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 09:52   Link #74
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
The majority of today's credit card transactions only require you to enter the credit card number and PIN
Really? That never happened to me. I mean they at least ask for my name and e-mail.

Quote:
in addition to any additional security numbers the service may need. Also, if you're not using a credit card to pay for subscription fees (AFAIK there are subscription MMO's that use game cards for that), then you'll never have a reason to enter an actual address, just the card's serial number and PIN.

Considering SAO's technology, I'm assuming that online transactions have been further streamlined through the use of such "3rd party" transaction services like Paypal, and thus wouldn't require entering real life address data upon account creation unless it's actually important.
The relevant question here is if MMORPGs with monthly fee that do not ask for your real address as a necessary step to subscribe exist or not.

I never said that it's impossible but that it's strange.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2014-08-03 at 10:12.
Old 2014-08-03, 10:42   Link #75
Kamui04

Quote:
Really? That never happened to me. I mean they at least ask for my name and e-mail.

The relevant question here is if MMORPGs with monthly fee that do not ask for your real address as a necessary step to subscribe exist or not.

I never said that it's impossible but that it's strange.
They ask you real name, e-maill and card numbers, but not necessarily your address.

As for that last part. Some don't ask you for address even if you have a suscription fee if they process pyament thru third party companies like Paypal or Click and Buy. Your address is stored at those third party companies, not the game company. And even if they ask you for address, you can put a fake address.

Many people around the world did that when FFXI was first released in Japan and imported their copies before it was localized over a year later. I put Square's own address at the back of the manual when I registered...
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 12:57   Link #76
IceHism

Quote:

The hard part about doing a standing backflip isn't about doing a standing backflip. It's the lack of response over your body's motor functions. There shouldn't be a problem if you were to do it on a virtual character though.

Being superman in a game is par for course. They aren't in their real bodies.

I'm pretty damn sure kirito reset his stats in the last episode of SAO when aincrad reopened in ALO after he defeated Oberon. This is about 1 year after all those events right? but we don't know his stats really.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 13:33   Link #77
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I'm pretty damn sure kirito reset his stats in the last episode of SAO when aincrad reopened in ALO after he defeated Oberon. This is about 1 year after all those events right? but we don't know his stats really.
Wait... if it is possible to transfer characters... and if the stats get carried over... and if there are games where it is possible to change stats... then why don't Shinkawa and others do that in order to solve their low STR problems?

Old 2014-08-03, 13:55   Link #78
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah, max STR and near-maxed out everything else...this gives us the stats for the game though!

STR - obviously maximum equip/carry load
AGI - I think this only affects a characters athletic skills and speed
VIT - max HP and defense, seems kinda useless to max out though
DEX - how well you can aim and shoot, better offensive auto-assist?
SEN - probably how well you can predict shots, but could also affect field of vision/sound
Where are any of you seeing max stats? What I see is his stats are all round the 65% area, I don't even think max in all stats are even possible in mmos... Notice the lines from the center to the end of the stat, it stops at about 60-70%. He's a hybrid character, that's what I see at least. I'm guessing the pink is his base stats and the red is the stat bonuses from equipment. Notice that his agi has no red, he's mostly an agi char with stat equips in other area to compensate.
Old 2014-08-03, 16:34   Link #79
Esebian

Quote:
Wait... if it is possible to transfer characters... and if the stats get carried over... and if there are games where it is possible to change stats... then why don't Shinkawa and others do that in order to solve their low STR problems?
Transfering your character has some inconveniences involved:

1. Your whole equipment + money is lost. Kirito solves this by leaving everything in the care of his friends from ALO.

2. And that's the real problem: Your level transfers with you. That means if you play a game that has big jumps in needed EXP for higher levels, you have to grind for a very long time just to advance 1 level.
The vicious cycle closes with their low strength stat: If they change e. g. to a game like ALO where the strength stat is responsible for your close combat dmg that grinding becomes at least as hard as it is in GGO.

That means they would need a game that doesn't rely on a high STR stat but on the other hand also makes it possible for them to farm EXP and equipment with ease. In a short sentence: They would need a game in which the STR stat is not needed at all ;-)
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 17:16   Link #80
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
1. Your whole equipment + money is lost. Kirito solves this by leaving everything in the care of his friends from ALO.
They could do that as well, or better yet, they could sell everything for money and then use that money to buy new stuff when they get back. They're probably going to lose something but still better than being stuck with a useless character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
2. And that's the real problem: Your level transfers with you. That means if you play a game that has big jumps in needed EXP for higher levels, you have to grind for a very long time just to advance 1 level.
The vicious cycle closes with their low strength stat: If they change e. g. to a game like ALO where the strength stat is responsible for your close combat dmg that grinding becomes at least as hard as it is in GGO.

That means they would need a game that doesn't rely on a high STR stat but on the other hand also makes it possible for them to farm EXP and equipment with ease. In a short sentence: They would need a game in which the STR stat is not needed at all ;-)
Uhm no that's not what I meant, if the idea was to exp from scratch it would make more sense to reroll a character in GGO.

The idea is to switch to a game that allows respeccing of stats, change them and then go back to GGO.
Of course assuming that a game that allows that exists.