5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-05, 06:43   Link #21
Skaddix

I think Tekkadan will have a far easier time maintaining power on Mars as compared to McGillis on Earth
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 07:02   Link #22
Skye629

Wow that was great, with everything I hoped for minus Iok dying

Skip straight to the fighting, Barriston easily one-ups Jasley, Jasley dies, McGillis launches his revolution, so now we have 8 episodes for this to play out

Im gonna assume the Chief mechanice in the Arianhod fleet is in the know about Gaelio's identity, she would easily recognize a Gundam frame and who it belongs to, and it helps her job to know the pilot and exactly what they're working with, especially with whats implied in this episode.

As for Julietta, Im curious to see whether she's gonna go the AV route, either willingly on her own choice, or like Ein, due to a damaged life with no choice. Personally I hope Gaelie snaps her out of this route, or we will have a repeat of S1, but then again Gundam shows need its crazy chicks in giant MS, so theres that

I suppose Rustal figured the evidence against him/Iok was too damning to stick around, so they hightailed it out of there until they could dig up more dirt on McGillis to turn the tables on him
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 07:04   Link #23
Chibiloli

Sadly Idiok didn't die, but suffered much worse, outed like ancommon criminal.
Old 2017-02-05, 07:17   Link #24
Skye629

I wonder if Vidar's action next episode are on orders/part of an operation, or another solo move on his part to figure things out

Cant wait for the Barbatos/Vidar fight though, its been too long since we had some Gundams fighting each other
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 07:29   Link #25
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Random thoughts -

1.) Lupus Rex looks awesome. How does Mika control the tail? Is it even possible to use it without the AV system?

2.) I would have loved more action from Akihiro, but that scene with him calling out to his brother, Aston, and Lafter got to me. Dude has jusy lost too much.

3.) Also, surprised at the effectiveness of Guison's scissors.

4.) Hush has made a complete 180 for me. I hated the dude during the first few episodes. Now? Dude is a likeable character for me. He seems sincerely enthusiastic about his role and listens to his seniors. Also great to see that he has improved greatly from the last time he was shown to be in a MS in a battle.

5.) What is Tekkadan's fighting force now? The 3 Gundams, the unit from Turbines, Riden-Go, the two Rodis and three(?) Shidems?

6.) Kudelia remarking that she thought she is also part of Tekkadan's family. This reminds me of Naze and Orga's final conversation. Kudelia is indeed part of Tekkadan's family, and that is precisely why they are cutting ties.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 07:43   Link #26
Azurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Random thoughts -

1.) Lupus Rex looks awesome. How does Mika control the tail? Is it even possible to use it without the AV system?

2.) I would have loved more action from Akihiro, but that scene with him calling out to his brother, Aston, and Lafter got to me. Dude has jusy lost too much.

3.) Also, surprised at the effectiveness of Guison's scissors.

4.) Hush has made a complete 180 for me. I hated the dude during the first few episodes. Now? Dude is a likeable character for me. He seems sincerely enthusiastic about his role and listens to his seniors. Also great to see that he has improved greatly from the last time he was shown to be in a MS in a battle.

5.) What is Tekkadan's fighting force now? The 3 Gundams, the unit from Turbines, Riden-Go, the two Rodis and three(?) Shidems?

6.) Kudelia remarking that she thought she is also part of Tekkadan's family. This reminds me of Naze and Orga's final conversation. Kudelia is indeed part of Tekkadan's family, and that is precisely why they are cutting ties.

You forgot Orga's Unicorn Shiden XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 07:52   Link #27
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
That's what I called poetic justice as Mika delivered a strike towards Jasley with Barbatos Lupus Rex! It's totally worth it, but now Tekkadan will have to take part in McGills' revolution. I'm hoping that they won't get thrown away by Fareed after destroying the Seven Stars.

Gotta say, it was an exciting episode this week! I have no words to describe it!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:10   Link #28
akumaten

Hush has come a long way. He's earned his mobile suit and my respect. I'm proud of him. I'm glad he got his angst out of him.

Orga, the future King of Mars and Mika, the Demon King in the B.Rex brought down the royal decree on Jarsly.
Don't worry Jarsly, the Idiok will be joining you in Hell soon enough.

B.Rex and Vidar are finally clashing next episode

Last edited by akumaten; 2017-02-05 at 09:17.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:16   Link #29
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Probably the hardest because he is becoming more like Mika. Doesn't feel the emotions more anyway.

This Tekkadan performance wasn't even Business Like. It was Business Casual.

When they fought Dawn Horizon. Pilots were taking meals in their Mobile Suits. Not watching the battle from the Galley while eating their meals in leisure.

As McGillis stated JPT Trust was no where close to Tekkadan. And this Tekkadan has more firepower now then they did against Dawn Horizon a far more legit foe.

Kudelia is narrating again. So be interesting to see this fateful day.
The day when the biggest chunk of shit to date hit the fan for real, eh Well, since she's narrating, it at least means she lived through to tell, like Takaki back at the beginning of the season.

But yeah, that business casual was alarming as hell. No particular emotions even toward Human Debris, even from Dante and Chad... At least Akihiro was somewhat conscious that what he was doing wasn't exactly right, but he kept on it anyway. And Orga... I'm torn. On one hand he was so calm, so sure and so Like A Boss when talking to Jasley, but on the other you can really see that the toll on him is immense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I do have to mention, that Jasley's ship, was just as gaudy and tacky as he was. I mean, come on! Pink and Gold?! Ugh...
The subs didn't translate its name, did they? "Ougon no Jasley-go", "Gold Jasley" How come this guy even became Teiwaz's second-in-command?

Quote:
I find that interesting since, Naze did so much so that they could be free to become the kings of Mars, and even he couldn't have seen how far Jasley would decide to go. I'm kind of happy a bit that they separated from Teiwaz. I've become kind of ashamed of the way they operate and how McMurdo let Jasley get away with so much for so long. It should never get to the point where everyone has to cower in fear and take that piece of craps antics, rather than challenging him on it, for fear of making trouble and getting tossed out. I kind of like that Tekkadan is on their own again. It comes with higher risk, but it also comes with more freedom.
I, too, am glad they're no longer under Teiwaz. The first reason why is Barriston's incompetence. Well, maybe incompetence isn't exactly the right word, because he's helluva competent when it comes to his hide, so the essence is, he possibly could've prevented the situation from escalating so much, yet he did nothing, although in this episode he's demonstrated why he's the big boss of the mafia, quite instrumentally averting the danger to his own position and even getting rid of Jasley with Tekkadan's hands. So yeah, the problem is, he demonstrates these skills only when his own hide is concerned, while just leaving the other members, no matter how much he's fond of them, to their own devices, not even trying to help them, as we've seen with both Naze and Tekkadan. It really shows that his goodnaturedness is a facade hiding cold calculativeness and even cruelty: this man will never prioritize humans over profits.

The other reason is what I mentioned some threads ago, that in order to change Mars for the better, first Tekkadan needs to stop being part of the mafia (and no cut in every deal on Mars bs for Teiwaz to weaken the economy). Check, I guess. Now they need to survive and not to turn into too hardened emotionless killers by the end of it so they won't even care about anything anymore. Oh, and hope McGillis won't betray them.

Quote:
Was her company that connected to Teiwaz? I've never really seen her have any connection with them since way back in the beginning of last season, and that was before she even thought about starting the company. And I've never seen her mention it before. Also, I can't see Kudelia is being the type to cut ties simply because of association and possibly getting in trouble. I see her definitely coming back in and helping Tekkadan, even though they tried to keep her out of it. I mean, she has to put that title she gained to use.

They say a war has more than one battlefield, and even Macky saw her great potential, which is why he saved her life during the whole Dort affair by warning her. Tekkadan might be doing the physical fighting. But Kudelia can fight with her biggest weapon: her words and her connections. While yes, she made that statement in the beginning about words not meaning much, I think even she can see how her words connected with Tekkadan's actions can be a good thing that can cause change.
Well, the narration if episode 26 (ep.1 of S2) said that she partnered with Teiwaz to establish Admoss company and we got this shot:
Spoiler for pic:

from which I conclude that the two operate the same mines jointly. I'd say this looks pretty crucial. We'll see though. I'll be happy to see her involved in any shape. Not that I don't enjoy watching Tekkadan's various struggles obviously, but I've been waiting for Kudelia's moment to shine for the whole season. The possibility of her and Macky teaming up sounds just too delicious to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There are some nagging questions I have about the episode:

What did McGilis do to Iok & Rustal? Did he just made them fugitives? With Arianrhod under Rustal, is that even possible?

And about the rebel announcement, did the announcer made it clear to the masses that they belong to McGillis' faction or not? Also, why the announcements instead of officially arresting Iok? Did Iok retaliate? Did Rustal refuse to hand Iok over to McG?
My questions exactly, as I found myself wondering just where Iok and especially Rustal disappeared to. Maybe Rustal understood that there's no stopping McGillis or saw it as McGillis saving him trouble and offering the chance to oust him, so he gave up on useless damage control and instead decided to use every second he had to get fully ready to the war on his end?
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:27   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@tdx
I think Rustal and Vidar are preparing for McGills' coup attempt, which is why they disappeared. On the other hand, I wonder what happened to Iok Kujan?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:37   Link #31
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Oh man, Jasley got out easy. So easy. It's almost to the point where I'm not satisfied, but swift deaths are the norm of this show. I loved the carnage and how this seemed to be just a normal training exercise for Tekkadan...except with live targets.

I'm honestly not seeing Tekkadan surviving this now that they're gonna help McGillis with this revolution.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:41   Link #32
quagmire

Iok will probably show up on the battlefield trying to restore his honor and while blabbing about said honor, gets rekt by Mika in an effortless strike as if was just a grunt. :P Probably not the way we want him to go out, but still be funny.

Anyway..... I thought for a second Barriston might have told Jasley he sanctioned Tekkaden's actions as a way to squash his coup and keep them in Teiwaz( Mars being profitable and all), but does looo like the story carried through to their eventual separation.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:42   Link #33
Boukenxha

McMurdo didn't disappoint me I guess, he did himself and Tekkadan a favor by pulling the rug from under Jasley's feet, dude's nothing but weak sauce and dare talked so big. I thought Tekkadan would be in for a difficult fight but it wasn't much, the scene leading and right up to Mika doubling with Orga and then striking the deck was well done.

Lupus Rex looks awesome btw, I don't really follow the model kits so this is first time I'm seeing it. Those claws and that tail, totally takes after the beast that was Hashmal which I'm sure is intentional.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:52   Link #34
ReddyRedWolf

Jasley... Jasley... Jasley... What did you expect provoking Tekkadan time and again. You forgot Tekkadan has their own allies in Gjallarhorn and the one really in charge of Airanhod fleet is Rustal Elion not Iok Kujan.

Damage control on Rustal's part making a deal with McMurdo not to expose evidence on Iok's frak up but he has been outmaneuvered by McGillis airing his dirty laundry and starting a coup revolution. Rustal is willy as ever not getting caught in that meeting.

Gali-Gali wonders if a revolution is what McGillis is after.

Jullieta for a moment there I feared you are going Graze Ein on us. This little girl is too indoctrinated believing AV is heresy.

Yeah losing Lafter is the straw that broke the camels back for Akihiro who is frequently called Guts by fans. He is hoping once he reincarnates to Gundam Valhalla he'll meet his brothers and Lafter again saying sorry.

Kudelia... Now she admits she loves Mika. She is feeling left out by Tekkadan but they have been doing that to protect her and the orphanage.

Zack is still innocent having qualms crushing poor Human Debris but Hush and their sempai have a point it is kill or be killed... Until they are beat or surrender.

Tekkadan may have broken ties with McMurdo returning to him the drinking cup broken he sure as hell admires them.

Orga doesn't care about titles so as long they reach their destination. Mika is with him all the way. Tekkandan is with him if becoming kings mean changing the world.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 08:59   Link #35
John117xCortana

Did they salvage the claws and tails of the Hashmal and put it on Barbatos?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 09:04   Link #36
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Did they salvage the claws and tails of the Hashmal and put it on Barbatos?
If I'm not mistaken, the "claw" is similar to that of Lupus (the one in the backpack), and the tail is indeed from Hashmal.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 09:06   Link #37
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

I'm honestly not seeing Tekkadan surviving this now that they're gonna help McGillis with this revolution.
It really depends. I actually kind of have a feeling of deja vu, as I think they did this same thing last season by building up doom after Biscuits death and Tekkadan entering their hardest battle yet.

Macky's revolution was going to happen with or without them. The question was, were they going to get involved, or sit by the sidelines? I'm reminded of the story of the little red hen and how only those who helped make the cake gets to eat it. Sitting on the sidelines may be safe, but their is also no reward in it. The road ahead is perilous. We can only wait on baited breath to see how it will play out.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 09:12   Link #38
Twi

Good episode. Review and Recap here, but this episode basically signals the beginning of the final arc. The side-characters are shown to have integrated themselves into their new roles, such as Hush piloting a custom machine from the Turbines, and the main characters have begun towards their goals and can no longer turn back. I also like how Jasley basically went from smug to a whiny little bitch in a single episode, showing that all his bluster meant nothing.

It’s just a shame that his death won’t bring back everything that’s been lost to this point.
Old 2017-02-05, 09:18   Link #39
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
But yeah, that business casual was alarming as hell. No particular emotions even toward Human Debris, even from Dante and Chad... At least Akihiro was somewhat conscious that what he was doing wasn't exactly right, but he kept on it anyway. And Orga... I'm torn. On one hand he was so calm, so sure and so Like A Boss when talking to Jasley, but on the other you can really see that the toll on him is immense.
I kind of saw it as "business casual" because it really was just another day on the job. McGillis didn't even bat an eye at JPT's larger forces, he knew Tekkadan could handle them no problem. I kind of saw it less in that they are becoming "numb" and more so that this was such a walk in the park and that they had no sympathy for Jasley and his goons whatsoever, that it was almost like just doing simply target practice.

Even Dawn Horizon, all the way back when, was more of a challenge than Jasley and his idiots. As for the Human Debris, I think they kind of addressed that a little back in season one and in the beginning of this season. It really is a point of their is nothing they can do. The debris kids are on complete survival mode and will kill even those who would try to help them. No one knows the feelings of Human Debris more than our Rodi squad, and I think that's also why they know they have to take them down. Because Debris kids fight like animals and see no other way out of that. And in trying to help them, they might just end up getting killed by them.

Quote:
The subs didn't translate its name, did they? "Ougon no Jasley-go", "Gold Jasley" How come this guy even became Teiwaz's second-in-command?
I honestly have no idea...McMurdo must have been drunk that night to have name that guy his number two.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 09:19   Link #40
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Mace-chan graced this episode's battle by being the one coming down on Jasley's head

In hindsight, couldn't have gone any other way. With Orga giving the order, half the time it would be Mika executing it. It would have been off if it were Akihiro who took the shot.

Plot pacing threw me off a little here - Rustal made a deal with McMurdo to forget about Idiok's actions against Turbines... only get indirectly called out by McGillis via the TV broadcast anyways. Guess McMurdo's in for it seeing as his part of the bargain got folded.

That preview though. Seems Rex is actually infiltrating the hangar where the Gundams of the Seven Stars' families are kept.