AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-07-09, 04:37   Link #81
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

To be honest, for the longest time I thought that the series would probably end with Vivid, since the series had been going since 2004. Vivid felt like "passing the torch", and it would have been nice to let Vivio have her own adventure with her group of friends.

That was before I heard about Innocent, which I think is a cool idea, but it's also only to promote a social game, so no high hopes there.

From what I heard about Force, it's a good thing it stalled.

I wonder if this will be similar to My-Hime and My-Otome?

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 13:24   Link #82
seiftis
~defying fate

No Nanoha, means no Fate... ahh I'm hating this already.
Old 2016-07-09, 16:09   Link #83
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

With all love to Fate, her fans are making me mad with their zealosy.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 16:46   Link #84
vic-vic

And let's not mention most rabid NanoFate fans
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 16:59   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It will be a lot easier to get a feel for this once we see a PV or something. Right now it's kind of hard to tell where they plan on going. The obvious things like distancing from the original cast seems likely, but otherwise who knows. Are we going to focus more on where ViVid was going in terms of tournaments and a kind of competition focus? Will they go in another direction and have a bit more adventure and higher stakes? Not a clue, but finding that out will make it easier to decide how I feel about all this.

Will hope for the best here. It's a big universe and they can do a lot with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
With all love to Fate, her fans are making me mad with their zealosy.
Maybe. But good luck to managing a fanbase to the point where they are excited enough, but not too excited so as to not inconvenience anybody . Fanbases get excited about what they like, it's why a fanbase exists around anything to begin with. People aren't going to just turn that off.
Old 2016-07-09, 18:09   Link #86
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I'm just glad that franchise returned to the original studio and writer. I think they can manage it on the decent level. And with all my love to Nanoha, Hayate and Fate, I will be satisfied even if they don't appear here. As long as it will be on the level of the previous seasons, I don't care who will be an MC.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 23:56   Link #87
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm a gigantic Nana Mizuki fanboy, so these news obviously don't please me too much. But honestly, more than not having Nanoha and Fate (Yukarin and Nana), the thing that's bothering me the most here is casting Yui Ogura, and worse, giving her the OP song.

Just... why, really. I don't think she's a good seiyuu, but above all, I definitely don't think she can sing. And to be replacing Nana, of all people? Especially considering that they could just have had Nana return to perform the OP even if Fate isn't going to be around. Might've made the whole thing less bad for old fans, in a way.

Mind you, I don't want to say this will be a complete disgrace, and there's even a chance, however small, that it turns out to be decent. But you know, at least personally speaking, Nana's songs were a huge part of Nanoha for me, and I associate countless of her insert songs to key moments of the series/movies. I don't trust one bit that Yui Ogura will be able to replicate this, so it's like one of the defining traits of the Nanoha franchise for me has already been removed from this new project. Not a good feeling.

And that said, I must confess I AM somewhat interested in knowing the full extent of the mess that Nanoha's in right now. Is it some copyright issue with the Nanoha character herself? Is it related to Yukarin and her departure from King, which doesn't seem like it happened in the most amiable terms? And considering what happened to ViViD and the complete silence regarding the movie, is that project also killed? I hope we get the full story one day...

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2016-07-10 at 00:23.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 01:30   Link #88
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I would say any disappointment I have stems from the fact that I don't think the core cast got the send-off they deserved if this is indeed the passing of the torch. StrikerS did an excellent job on selling me on the expanded Nanohaverse, the TSAB, the new characters, etc. ViviD did a good job at expanding the world from the perspective of kids living in that world, within the context of something like Strike Arts. The world building has been great for Nanoha.

But not the cap-off. I guess it's a bit of a melodramatic request, but Nanoha franchise is a high-action magical girl series after all, and the lack of a "one last time" from Nanoha and co. at the peak of their capabilities squaring off against a worthy foe in the same spectacle that A's provided. That is lacking for me.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 02:58   Link #89
vic-vic

Id say, it's still too early to state that fate and/or hayate would be absent - as it was said in the topic, we should wait until we have more info.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:05   Link #90
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Don't really know what to say. On one hand, I always feel there's to that can be explored from the setting. On the other hand the Vivid manga was dull, the F manga was groan-inducing, and the Vivid anime rivaled the Prillya anime in making me sleep.

Definitely not a popular opinion here, but IMHO at this rate maybe a spinoff without any of the previous cast might be better. Or limit them to cameos, whatever. Just make sure the writers actually has to make some effort instead of just "so we'll just take a generic plot with generic characterization, scramble them just a wee a bit to look clever, and then slap familiar faces into it to make them otaku forget all about that badness - CHA CHING!"
Old 2016-07-10, 11:13   Link #91
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I would say any disappointment I have stems from the fact that I don't think the core cast got the send-off they deserved if this is indeed the passing of the torch. StrikerS did an excellent job on selling me on the expanded Nanohaverse, the TSAB, the new characters, etc. ViviD did a good job at expanding the world from the perspective of kids living in that world, within the context of something like Strike Arts. The world building has been great for Nanoha.

But not the cap-off. I guess it's a bit of a melodramatic request, but Nanoha franchise is a high-action magical girl series after all, and the lack of a "one last time" from Nanoha and co. at the peak of their capabilities squaring off against a worthy foe in the same spectacle that A's provided. That is lacking for me.
I completely agree. Nanoha and Fate have had a very good run, but they never had that good self-aware finale. It's unfortunate that we almost certainly won't get it.
Old 2016-07-10, 12:46   Link #92
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actually surprised I'm not seeing more rabid reactions in the internet to the apparent absenteeism of the 2 famous leads here. The NanoFate people are some of the most insane yuri shippers I've ever seen.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 12:52   Link #93
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm actually surprised I'm not seeing more rabid reactions in the internet to the apparent absenteeism of the 2 famous leads here. The NanoFate people are some of the most insane yuri shippers I've ever seen.
Maybe they moved on to Madoka Magica and Love Live.
Old 2016-07-10, 13:41   Link #94
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You're underestimating just how much otaku emotionally invest in these women.
Hey, well, there is a reason why Goku is voiced by a 79 year old woman.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:51   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Most NanoFate shippers I know, including myself, have long accepted that we weren't likely to ever see the pairing ironclad confirmed. Short of that, they've already shown plenty that should appeal to any NanoFate shipper (Nanoha and Fate sleeping in the same bed, Nanoha and Fate raising Vivio together with Vivio calling both of them "mama", etc...).

I would have liked a confirmation, but it's not the end of the world to not have one. It's certainly not hard to see serious yuri romance in what they did give us.

As a Nanoha fan, and as a Fate fan, it's sad to see their story likely end now (at least in the anime). But as a NanoFate fan, this is arguably a good thing - Their ship can never be torn apart in the anime if their anime story is now told!
Old 2016-07-12, 17:37   Link #96
Gx Hero
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Definitely not a popular opinion here, but IMHO at this rate maybe a spinoff without any of the previous cast might be better. Or limit them to cameos, whatever. Just make sure the writers actually has to make some effort instead of just "so we'll just take a generic plot with generic characterization, scramble them just a wee a bit to look clever, and then slap familiar faces into it to make them otaku forget all about that badness - CHA CHING!"
I have to agree with you, and I thought force was heading that way. Their is too much legacy building up in the nanoha franchise. I feel we need something akin to the first season.

A new start with a few old characters acting as mentors to this new character. Or something similar to innocent parallel world to help out. at least itwill be animated first and not taken from the manga like vivid.

However we see Nove, einheart, VIvio, Rio, and Crona listed in the cast which worries me.

On the other hand we have someone that looks like Nanoha in einhearts barrier jacket. which makes me wonder if who she is will dictate the story. Like is she some clone, einhearts and vivio's kid. Or somehting more.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 19:33   Link #97
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I get that Nanoha isn't appearing due to all the trouble around Yukarin.

What I don't get is why 1) this automatically means that Fate won't appear, 2) why people are acting like the world is going to end if Nanoha isn't going to appear and 3) why some are thinking that Nanoha is being killed off without any basis.

Both Vivid and Force mangas had their flaws but unlike StrikerS they're hardly failed products. To me it seems that fans need to realize that series do evolve over time. New elements get introduced and existing things sometimes get shifted out. There is no Nanoha in this show but it could work perfectly fine without her. It's WAY too early to make a judgement especially since we know next to nothing about Vivid Strike.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 20:28   Link #98
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Both Vivid and Force mangas had their flaws but unlike StrikerS they're hardly failed products.
This is a side-issue, but I wouldn't consider StrikerS a failed product. StrikerS in fact sold very well on DVDs/Blu-Rays. IIRC, it sold close to/around 20K per volume, which is definitely a hit level for anime.

Also, speaking personally, I thought StrikerS was pretty good. It had it's flaws, but it also had a lot of sections that I enjoyed thoroughly.
Old 2016-07-17, 20:38   Link #99
Gx Hero
Rambler

So far we know nothing about this new vivid strike.

I think this is nearly perfect to introduce a new hero instead of continously building on to Nanoha.

However the question remains is it simply the next part of vivid or is this the new saga that is about to unfold.

I also believe fans are eager to see if seven arcs can still pull off the charm that attracted us to the series in the first place.

We shall have to wait in see. once we get a trailer we can answer some of these questions.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 13:16   Link #100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is a side-issue, but I wouldn't consider StrikerS a failed product. StrikerS in fact sold very well on DVDs/Blu-Rays. IIRC, it sold close to/around 20K per volume, which is definitely a hit level for anime.

Also, speaking personally, I thought StrikerS was pretty good. It had it's flaws, but it also had a lot of sections that I enjoyed thoroughly.
Hell, of the first three seasons, IIRC StrikerS outsold MGLN and A's both.