Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-03-27, 05:57   Link #6621
LanceDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post
Hello~
It's been like four years since I posted in this thread, good thing my account has not been suspended yet

Anyway, just to inform those who are still interested in anything Gundam Wing, I've been translating related stuff (Glory of losers, doujinshis, etc.).

You can check them out in my tumblr or DW accounts. Beware though that I'm a shameless 1xR shipper, so....

I might also translate Frozen Teardrop to pass time since I bought the whole novel series For now I've been working on the chapters of GoL that I have. I plan to buy the rest of the volumes if ever I find it hard to search for scans.

I hope that interested people will find those translations useful
Oh just wow! Thank you very much in advanced for putting up the effort on translating some stuffs, I've checked your DW and saw a lot of ice candies! I'm also a die-hard-fan of 1xR, *high fives* nice to know a comrade here!
LanceDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 06:30   Link #6622
mirei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceDark View Post
Oh just wow! Thank you very much in advanced for putting up the effort on translating some stuffs, I've checked your DW and saw a lot of ice candies! I'm also a die-hard-fan of 1xR, *high fives* nice to know a comrade here!
Glad to know someone is still following GW (and 1xR). It's sad that the fandom is kinda dead/inactive, but as an avid GW fan I still find anything related to the series relevant (regardless of what people may say) So yeah, look forward to more translation stuff since GW (and 1xR) is my passion right now
mirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 10:14   Link #6623
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post
I hope that interested people will find those translations useful
Thanks for your effort, Mirei. There's really nothing like a well-done project that is born from someone's passion. I wish you all the luck you can get .
Old 2016-03-27, 19:07   Link #6624
Knight_SV

is there still update for GoL??
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 15:23   Link #6625
baconator

This fanvid for FT looks amazing.
baconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 11:41   Link #6626
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
For those interested, I've released Volume 8 of GOL. Volume 9 translation has been completed and will be released in the next couple of weeks (I hope).
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 02:01   Link #6627
LanceDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
For those interested, I've released Volume 8 of GOL. Volume 9 translation has been completed and will be released in the next couple of weeks (I hope).
Got this! Thanks Deacon!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconator View Post

This fanvid for FT looks amazing.
I actually view this fanvid for a couple of times, its really amazing how the creator incorporate the music on the fan arts of FT. hihi I still don't wish to have Frozen Teardrop be animated. :P HA! Its enough to ruin my childhood memories of GW. xD

Last edited by LanceDark; 2016-04-09 at 23:52.
Old 2016-04-15, 15:13   Link #6628
mitan

i actually watched through gundam wing for the first recently (a.k.a sans "nostalgia goggles") and i enjoyed it. reading through this thread now makes me think that something's wrong with me lol
mitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 20:46   Link #6629
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitan View Post
i actually watched through gundam wing for the first recently (a.k.a sans "nostalgia goggles") and i enjoyed it. reading through this thread now makes me think that something's wrong with me lol
Is Wing your first Gundam?
Old 2016-04-23, 14:55   Link #6630
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Volume 9 is now out for those who are interested

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2016-04-23, 17:52   Link #6631
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Thanks, Deacon .
Old 2016-04-24, 01:19   Link #6632
LanceDark

Quote:
Yey! Thanks Deacon!
Old 2016-04-24, 07:38   Link #6633
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Thanks Deacon. Didn't know only 9 volumes had been produced so far. Feels like the whole project lost a ton of steam over the years. Manga is still amazing though.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 11:30   Link #6634
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

There's technically 10 out at the moment. 11 comes out in June I believe.

Old 2016-04-27, 17:42   Link #6635
KnightShade

someone brought this up here but i just want to say this as well; as someone who's first gundam was wing, the first half of the original anime is as good as this series will ever be, and everything afterwards has gotten progressively worse. the attempts to revive wing via GoL or FT only remind me of the same problems stemming from the second half + EW (with FT kicking it up to 11 ). it's honestly better to let it die with whatever grace it has left.

the only way i see AC/MC getting another anime is if they brought a whole new writing team in to retcon away all the bullshit and re-work whatever salvageable parts of FT into a sequel. if it were me...

1 i'd retcon EW, GoL and FT out of existence

2 change certain events in the anime to make more sense (white fang retconed, the sanc kingdom retconned, treize's "suicide" changed to him dying unintentionally, relina's "get rid of the weapons" idiocy being scraped)

3 do the sequel with the same overall premise of FT minus the cloning, time capsules, gender benders, redundant flashbacks, rehashed mechs and stupid plots. i'd keep the ew designs though as here they could just say the originals were upgraded to look this way (which ew should have done). replace whatever needs replacing with new characters, villains, suits ect.
Old 2016-04-30, 14:24   Link #6636
The American Average
2LMES

thanks for the translation, I'll give them a read.

as for FT... I really wish they'd release a HG at least. they could even go cheap route and make Black Wing Zero Custom HG/RG
Old 2016-04-30, 23:47   Link #6637
mitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is Wing your first Gundam?
i don't know, there's a lot about it that bothered me the first go around because i wasn't going in with any expectations, but i'm still pretty attached to it all the same. i don't see how this being my first gundam invalidates any good reason for me to like it though? [shrug]

that being said i'm trying to get through as many other series as i can (currently on G Gundam, searching for 0079 sub), since i feel like with gundam there's this unspoken rule on the internet about how you can't say you liked a gundam series unless you watched every single gundam, and that seems to be especially the case for wing and even more so for SEED, apparently.

i'm just a little tired of seeing someone enjoy wing and be told it's only because of nostalgia or because they don't understand "Gundam--" can't someone just enjoy something because they like it?
mitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 00:55   Link #6638
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitan View Post
i don't know, there's a lot about it that bothered me the first go around because i wasn't going in with any expectations, but i'm still pretty attached to it all the same. i don't see how this being my first gundam invalidates any good reason for me to like it though? [shrug]

that being said i'm trying to get through as many other series as i can (currently on G Gundam, searching for 0079 sub), since i feel like with gundam there's this unspoken rule on the internet about how you can't say you liked a gundam series unless you watched every single gundam, and that seems to be especially the case for wing and even more so for SEED, apparently.

i'm just a little tired of seeing someone enjoy wing and be told it's only because of nostalgia or because they don't understand "Gundam--" can't someone just enjoy something because they like it?
First, I never said that you can’t like a certain Gundam series. Of course you can like and enjoy whatever Gundam you like. You can say that you like G-Savior (arguably the worst Gundam in the franchise) and I’ll have absolutely no problem with that. Heck, I was in your shoes when I saw Wing in the 90s and loved it as a kid, but then I grew up and became more critical and learn to see things more objectively and then tried to re-watch Wing with that perspective (which resulted in my reactions in previous pages). That said, I still honestly like some parts of Wing (the mechas, the ideas, the different approach, some characters and the hilarity). If I don’t like Wing anymore, I wouldn’t bother posting in this thread and still following the Manga & Novel.

Second, my asking “Is Wing your first Gundam?” is not to invalidate your enjoying Wing. But part of my gesture to inform you that there are many other Gundams out there with better writing and better execution compared to Wing. In fact, the first MSG series has superb writing that was ahead of its time that the audience didn’t like it the fist time they saw it, but then it proceeded to be really popular and created the real-robot subgenre that you see today like Code Geass, Macross, Aldnoah, etc. Also, some of the great things from Wing are actually recycled things from older Gundam shows with little noteworthy good additions on its own *coughZechscough*. People who like Zechs in Wing but had never seen UC Gundams might not realized that the character that they like is really Char Aznable from MSG but with different name and appearance .

Third, SEED is good. Yes, it recycled things from the original MSG but after the initial setups, the show went on with their own unique spin on their story. And it has a masked main antagonist who is not a total rip-off of Char character. At the end of SEED, you might not recognize it as an MSG rip-off anymore. That said SEED Destiny is bad. It basically reduced what’s good in SEED and crank up the bad. Many seed haters are just UC-elitists or those who generalized all SEED series as a mess after Destiny’s bad-ness.

So yeah. You may continue to like & enjoy Wing, and I'll be happy for you .
Old 2016-05-02, 08:52   Link #6639
Halberd
ARX-6

I just thought about something. do you think GoL will follow all the way to FT or just cover the series and maybe the events of EW?
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-05, 18:48   Link #6640
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halberd View Post
I just thought about something. do you think GoL will follow all the way to FT or just cover the series and maybe the events of EW?
this, doubt they'd make a manga version of FT, they'd actually have to show off the Gundam/Mech designs.

Though Seeing Vingt in manga form kicking Wing Boys butt would be glorious.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing