AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-19, 17:48   Link #4581
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for reply:

an interesting thought I had. Does anyone think that Miyuki may attempt to learn her mother magic in the future to try and restore Tatsuya's emotions?
First of all, there is no meaning to your first point.

Quote:
Spoiler for ZeroUrashima:
While magic is usually inherited, for the Yotsuba the chances of inheriting the outer-systematic magic trait and the distorted Magic Computation Area is completely random.

Maya wasn't more than 12 years-old when she was kidnapped so the time periods don't match up.

Tatsuya and Miyuki both inherited massive psion reserves from their father and if you're willing to go so far as to write that off as a mutation or coincidence, then there's no way to convince you otherwise.

As for your question, it's impossible. If she was capable of such a thing, then she would have already done it already. Miya's magic was her BS magic so it cannot be replicated by anyone else. Miyuki also has BS magic in the form of Cocytus, but all it does is allow her to freeze souls. It can't do anything else. Besides, if you're worried about Tatsuya's emotions then you got nothing to worry about. They're already returning, but very slowly. I speculate that we might be seeing an exponential recovery. That's to say that the more his emotions return, the faster he'll recover.

As for Tatsuya becoming Head, Tatsuya already has expressed intentions of destroying the Yotsuba. There's been a lot of build-up to that end so it would be pretty anti-climatic for him to take up the position. Also, there is no chance for Maya to choose him as Head. She's already decided on Miyuki and deemed Tatsuya a failure as a magician despite his abilities.
Old 2013-05-19, 18:58   Link #4582
xplicit666

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
First of all, there is no meaning to your first point.

While magic is usually inherited, for the Yotsuba the chances of inheriting the outer-systematic magic trait and the distorted Magic Computation Area is completely random.

Maya wasn't more than 12 years-old when she was kidnapped so the time periods don't match up.

Tatsuya and Miyuki both inherited massive psion reserves from their father and if you're willing to go so far as to write that off as a mutation or coincidence, then there's no way to convince you otherwise.

As for your question, it's impossible. If she was capable of such a thing, then she would have already done it already. Miya's magic was her BS magic so it cannot be replicated by anyone else. Miyuki also has BS magic in the form of Cocytus, but all it does is allow her to freeze souls. It can't do anything else. Besides, if you're worried about Tatsuya's emotions then you got nothing to worry about. They're already returning, but very slowly. I speculate that we might be seeing an exponential recovery. That's to say that the more his emotions return, the faster he'll recover.

As for Tatsuya becoming Head, Tatsuya already has expressed intentions of destroying the Yotsuba. There's been a lot of build-up to that end so it would be pretty anti-climatic for him to take up the position. Also, there is no chance for Maya to choose him as Head. She's already decided on Miyuki and deemed Tatsuya a failure as a magician despite his abilities.
I just merely speculating alot of things in my comments lol, however i dont remember reading Miyuki also having massive psion count, massive power yes but not psions, i was aware of Tatsuya having it so i never doubted who his father was since it was also the reason why Miya got hooked up with him.. (i also have no doubt about reading their SB abilities were being random which makes the Yotsuba unique among the 10 families, which also gave rise to my suspicions of them being cousins in some way).

I wasn't unaware Maya was only 12 and yes it would definitely be anti-climatic and also cause Tatsuya's goal of making that energy generating machine to render magicians more valuable to society then merely weapons which also further removing the need to produce magicians for the sole purpose of being weapons will weaken the 10 families is another way of challenging his clan, pointless. (i haven't read or rather unable to read the reason why Miya/Maya being so twisted and their story in the past).

I have also read so far Tatsuya's returning emotions and him even getting embarrassed at some stage, hopefully his not going to be goofy that would just kill it for me lol.

Just thought it would be interesting in some ways and also you do get alot of incest in manga (alot of imouto's lol) etc. but towards the end, they always end up being cousins or one sibling being adopted when they are pretty young which they don't have a recollection of. im not sure but doesn't Tatsuya have memory loss as well anything before 6 when he was experimented on?

can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of where i can reading anything past the vampire/exchange student arc cause judging by some people's comment im thinking im pretty behind...

Last edited by xplicit666; 2013-05-19 at 19:21.
Old 2013-05-19, 19:26   Link #4583
xplicit666

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Spoiler for counter thoughts:
well im just saying assuming since his emotions seem to be returning slowly and also the king wants to surround himself with friends more like it, i didnt mean it for just mere political reasons, greed for more power i think is a natural human instinct and giving him more reason to dive in politics, your definitely right about him doing more research but i reckon he would be more inclined to remove anything that can threaten Miyuki which also means world domination LOL more power = safer Miyuki
Old 2013-05-19, 19:57   Link #4584
Oxide

stellar furnace vs magician social standing works merely as proof of concept ... nuclear fussion generate four times energy of nuclear fission meaning such facilities would be few in numbers and still able to provide sufficient energy for whole country. Numbers of required magician operators also would be fairly low ... since such reactor is technically no different from potential thermonuclear bomb and fuel required for operation by itself is fairly hard to handle i don't belive in wide aplication of such device in industry or everyday life ...
Old 2013-05-19, 20:49   Link #4585
xplicit666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
stellar furnace vs magician social standing works merely as proof of concept ... nuclear fussion generate four times energy of nuclear fission meaning such facilities would be few in numbers and still able to provide sufficient energy for whole country. Numbers of required magician operators also would be fairly low ... since such reactor is technically no different from potential thermonuclear bomb and fuel required for operation by itself is fairly hard to handle i don't belive in wide aplication of such device in industry or everyday life ...
its not just the energy side dude, the fact to achieve that they need something to continually cast magic without having a magician but there only to jump start the engine. Magatama class relic which can store sequences from what i remember, if they able to replicate it and mass produce them to put into magic weapons which dont require a magician, which also means those nuclear fussion generators are also possible to make. Magic at the press of a button for anyone negates the need to produce uber magicians from the 10/100 families to use as weapons. this will lessen the power and influence of the 10 and 100 families.
Old 2013-05-19, 23:00   Link #4586
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicit666 View Post
its not just the energy side dude, the fact to achieve that they need something to continually cast magic without having a magician but there only to jump start the engine. Magatama class relic which can store sequences from what i remember, if they able to replicate it and mass produce them to put into magic weapons which dont require a magician, which also means those nuclear fussion generators are also possible to make. Magic at the press of a button for anyone negates the need to produce uber magicians from the 10/100 families to use as weapons. this will lessen the power and influence of the 10 and 100 families.
in short, you conclude that Tatsuya's invention will weaken the Ten Masters Clan. doesn't it ?
Old 2013-05-20, 03:32   Link #4587
Oxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicit666 View Post
at least for now it is all about energy ... if relic can be incorporated into stellar furnace it means it means that relic research was completed ... if military secret research is already compromised why wasn't it released for general public since its and perpetual motion device aplication is far greater? Tatsuya dream was realization of such reactor and it gets far more page time than relic ... so whats the angle, what he achieved via it ? To me everything looks like sideperk so far. Magatama is also another thing most hold in high esteem and fail to notice obvious magic sequence requirements and limitations that allow storage/usage ... this is by no means uniwersal tool or golden solution

it is like trying to replace programist with flash drives and saying that Microsoft/google will fall because general population can use computer now ... it is the other way around you gain additional outlet, demand and you don't really lose anything since primary recipient is still dependant on you in terms of maintenence and support ... yeah the nature of operation and benefits changes sightly (which was the goal all along) but superior ability and knowhow remains. In the end you are still leading authority in the field ...
Old 2013-05-21, 08:49   Link #4588
Ultragunner

Is it me or the majority of posts for discussions in this thread are rather unusually heated up and long?
Old 2013-05-21, 09:01   Link #4589
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Is it me or the majority of posts for discussions in this thread are rather unusually heated up and long?
It just goes to show how passionate people are about this series!
Old 2013-05-21, 09:28   Link #4590
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
true enough and its a good thing,its actually quite fun reading their arguments and theories
Old 2013-05-22, 13:41   Link #4591
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
That times by ten whenever the possibility that TatsuyaxMiyuki is not incest comes up.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:49   Link #4592
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Does anybody know where is Dreyakis?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-05-24, 11:30   Link #4593
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Does anybody know where is Dreyakis?
Real Life.
Old 2013-05-24, 11:31   Link #4594
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
Real Life.
As long as he's okay! Otherwise we would all run to his side to rescue him from any danger!
Old 2013-05-24, 11:37   Link #4595
NeutralZero

He's probably busy in real life...
He'd done so much so cut him some slacks...
Old 2013-05-25, 20:06   Link #4596
peinmaximus@

hey guys,in the present moment in the LN,have someone who is strong than tatsuya in his full powers?
Old 2013-05-25, 20:16   Link #4597
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,in the present moment in the LN,have someone who is strong than tatsuya in his full powers?
Maybe Yakumo.
Old 2013-05-25, 22:57   Link #4598
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Maybe Yakumo.
Yakumo is more skilled in hand to hand combat due to more experience. He likely wouldn't be able to defeat Tatsuya in a serious fight that included magic.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:04   Link #4599
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
There hasn't been someone who could realistically defeat Tatsuya in an all-out one-on-one duel, no.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:13   Link #4600
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Yakumo is more skilled in hand to hand combat due to more experience. He likely wouldn't be able to defeat Tatsuya in a serious fight that included magic.
In the vampire arc, Yakumo demonstrated magic that could fool Tatsuya's Elemental Sight and it has been stated that Yakumo has been able to repeatedly sneak up on Tatsuya despite his Elemental Sight. Tatsuya can't use magic against what he can't see. In any case, Yakumo is the only person that has a chance of winning against Tatsuya.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings